Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 200

Thread: NCAA Basketball Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,914

    Default

    Florida Gulf Coast wasn't founded until the year after I was born. And now, they are off to the Sweet 16.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Florida Gulf Coast wasn't founded until the year after I was born. And now, they are off to the Sweet 16.
    To get their dreams crushed

    Billy has a good record against Cinderellas. We'll see how good they are with a week off. They are playing on adrenaline right now.

    I think I was more worried about Minnesota. We can handle a fast paced game with the best of them, and thats what FGCU plays. Its the slow, big teams that give us trouble. Plus FGCU is going to have their heads filled all week by the media about how they are the best to get this far, while very little attention will be on Florida. The attention we get is likely to be "OMG Florida is on upset alert!!!!"

    I'm glad they had such a strong showing, no chance of our guys taking them for granted.

    I like our chances to win going away

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Louisville is looking more and more impressive. They are going to be tough to beat if they keep playing like they did Saturday night.

    B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

    Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

    Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229


  4. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,244

    Default

    Indiana is still alive. All that matters really. I don't know if I'm ahead of my brother though. It's so bothersome.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Indiana is still alive. All that matters really. I don't know if I'm ahead of my brother though. It's so bothersome.
    To you :P

    Go Gators!

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,244

    Default

    TWGG jinxed my pick.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    That Michigan-Kansas game was amazing.

    I seriously was not expecting Michigan to win.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    That Michigan-Kansas game was amazing.

    I seriously was not expecting Michigan to win.
    I knew they could do it... I'm just pissed that I missed the comeback. Dang it mom DX
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    895

    Default

    I know so many people that said Michigan wouldn't even make it this far. I am so stunned! All Michigan has to do is one more game, and there in the Final 4! As a Michigan fan this is exciting! GO BLUE!

    Trey Burke was on fire tonight! So were the freshman Mitch McGary, and Glenn Robinson Jr!
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 30th March 2013 at 6:31 AM.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I know so many people that said Michigan wouldn't even make it this far. I am so stunned! All Michigan has to do is one more game, and there in the Final 4! As a Michigan fan this is exciting! GO BLUE!

    Trey Burke was one fire tonight! So were the freshman Mitch McGary, and Glenn Robinson Jr!
    Being an underdog team has it's perks. Gotta say I pleased with their gritty performance thus far Not gonna say that this win means they can do anything, but it definitely makes me believe the next team they face really doesn't stand much of a chance (which will be a Florida team either way). Again though, they can't let this get to their heads. What tonight showed was they need to work on playing defense better and not turn the ball over as much.

    Elite 8 though, that's impressive ^_^ Doing the state of Michigan proud (my home state)

    ***Unfortunately it appears State won't be moving on (I'm a bigger Michigan fan, but I wanted them to move on)
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 30th March 2013 at 6:14 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Being an underdog team has it's perks. Gotta say I pleased with their gritty performance thus far Not gonna say that this win means they can do anything, but it definitely makes me believe the next team they face really doesn't stand much of a chance (which will be a Florida team either way). Again though, they can't let this get to their heads. What tonight showed was they need to work on playing defense better and not turn the ball over as much.

    Elite 8 though, that's impressive ^_^ Doing the state of Michigan proud (my home state)

    ***Unfortunately it appears State won't be moving on (I'm a bigger Michigan fan, but I wanted them to move on)
    Yes, I agree! Michigan has to play great defense against Florida, they can't show any signs of weakness. Florida is a very fast team. Michigan has to slow Florida's pace down.

    Yeah, Michigan State didn't have a great shooting night, and Duke was hitting everything. I don't like Michigan State because im a Michigan fan, but it would of been cool to see both Michigan teams in the Elite 8. The Big 10 has two remaining teams left in the tournament. Louisville is the last remaining 1 seed. This tournament has been crazy! Florida Gulf Coasts Cinderella story has also been a great thing to see in this tournament!
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 30th March 2013 at 6:37 AM.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Dunk City BURNS. Florida crushes the dreams of another cinderella

    Don't get too cocky Michigan fans. The poor shooting Gators you saw tonight are not the ones who will show up Sunday. This gator team has lost in 2 elite 8s before this. Look for an extremely motivated Gator squad sunday.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Dunk City BURNS. Florida crushes the dreams of another cinderella

    Don't get too cocky Michigan fans. The poor shooting Gators you saw tonight are not the ones who will show up Sunday. This gator team has lost in 2 elite 8s before this. Look for an extremely motivated Gator squad sunday.
    And this is Michigan's first Elite 8 appearance since 1994... so that cancels out motivation, now it comes down to raw talent
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    And this is Michigan's first Elite 8 appearance since 1994... so that cancels out motivation, now it comes down to raw talent
    Meh. I don't think so. UF has been so close to getting to the Final four these last two years only to be hosed into a loss against butler, and lose it late against louisville, two heartbreakers. means more than a drought IMO. Especially for these seniors.

    as for talent, its not like Michigan has a huge advantage there either. Burke is the best player, but Michigan hasn't seen a defense near as good as UF this tournament.

    You guys keep patting Michigan on the back and overlooking Florida.....I like the matchup a lot better than it would have been against Kansas.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    You guys keep patting Michigan on the back and overlooking Florida.....I like the matchup a lot better than it would have been against Kansas.
    Who's over looking who now :P If you were worried about Kansas, then Michigan should make you more worried since they found a way to break that defense
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    895

    Default

    It's just funny how everyone picked Kansas to win, and said "I will only be impressed with Michigan if they beat a real team like Kansas. Vcu don't impress me." If Michigan beats Florida no one will be impressed still im sure. I'm not over looking Florida trust me I know that team can ball! There freaking good, and Billy Donovan is a Elite coach. Florida will be the best defensive team Michigan has played all season. I have been patting Michigan on the back these last two games not only because I'm a fan, but Michigan has knocked off two good teams in a row. Vcu is a good team, and was a good win, but this Kansas win is bigger. Michigan beat a very good Kansas team, Michigan has other weapons besides Burke. Mitch McGary has played great the last two games, and I had to hear all week how he stood no chance against the Kansas bigs...There 7 foot Center was supposed to dominate McGary that's why McGary dropped 26 points tonight..Tim Hardaway Jr, and Glenn Robinson are weapons even Nik Stauskas is. Everyone makes it sound like Trey Burke is Michigans only good weapon, both Florida and Michigan have weapons. I'm excited for this game both teams play a similar offense almost when it comes to shooting the 3 ball, but Florida is more up tempo if Michigan can't slow down Florida there in trouble. I think Michigan will be fine though. It will be a tough game, and I can't wait for it!

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Who's over looking who now :P If you were worried about Kansas, then Michigan should make you more worried since they found a way to break that defense
    I'm definitely not overlooking Michigan. it will be a tough game for us. But I think we match up better with them than Kansas.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I'm definitely not overlooking Michigan. it will be a tough game for us. But I think we match up better with them than Kansas.
    So long as it's a great game, the outcome doesn't really matter to me. Michigan pretty much proved almost everyone wrong about them.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    They haven't proven anyone wrong about their defense. They have a great offense, but the D is lacking. Especially compared to UF

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    They haven't proven anyone wrong about their defense. They have a great offense, but the D is lacking. Especially compared to UF
    Who said anything about defense? I sure didn't... They proved everyone wrong about making it this far in the tournament. They were predicted to drop since the beginning of March Madness

    And are you really telling me 3rd seed UF has better defense then 1st seed Kansas? That's a pretty bias opinion right there
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 31st March 2013 at 12:25 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Who said anything about defense? I sure didn't... They proved everyone wrong about making it this far in the tournament. They were predicted to drop since the beginning of March Madness

    And are you really telling me 3rd seed UF has better defense then 1st seed Kansas? That's a pretty bias opinion right there
    Yes I am. and the season is too. No bias here, just fact. UF is the #3 overall team in the nation in scoring defense. Kansas is 53rd. while Michigan is 81st.

    http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball...nt/team/146/p1

    Just because Kansas is a #1 seed doesn't mean that every part of their team is better than a 3. You also forget, that before UF had its late season slump they were being talked about as a #1 seed as well. Even in that slump their defense wasn't the problem. Offensive inconsistentcy is why UF lost those games late in the season that dropped them from a 1 to a 3.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 31st March 2013 at 12:47 AM.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Very solid start for Michigan... but anything can happen
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    No it can't. Michigan is going to throttle us. I've seen this offense before. I meant every word of what I said last night but this offense has a way of going ridiculously cold for long stretches. its why UF is a 3 seed

    Look for a double digit Michigan win if this keeps up

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    No it can't. Michigan is going to throttle us. I've seen this offense before. I meant every word of what I said last night but this offense has a way of going ridiculously cold for long stretches. its why UF is a 3 seed

    Look for a double digit Michigan win if this keeps up
    I never count the opponent out, even if they appear to have grown cold. Like I said, I don't care if Michigan wins or loses, they've already proved they can be a good team. I'll say this though, Michigan does have the size advantage
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I never count the opponent out, even if they appear to have grown cold. Like I said, I don't care if Michigan wins or loses, they've already proved they can be a good team. I'll say this though, Michigan does have the size advantage
    Because young got two extremely quick fouls.

    Don't sweat it. This game is over.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •