Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Yeah, he said "Don't worry about me, win this thing."

What a ****ing soldier.
    To say that with an injury like that definitely gets respect. Must of been hard for his team to play after seeing that, it would rattle anyone seeing that.

LOL. FGCU's Dunk City is officially nuked.

USC swiped FGCU's coach. Their ride came to a screeching halt

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    To say that with an injury like that definitely gets respect. Must of been hard for his team to play after seeing that, it would rattle anyone seeing that.
    It was hard at first for them but then they ****ing stomped Duke!

In case you all are wondering. Ware is up and moving around and is planning on going to ATL with the team.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    LOL. FGCU's Dunk City is officially nuked.

USC swiped FGCU's coach. Their ride came to a screeching halt
    He really got out of there fast. Smart move for him in the long run though, take advantage at the money thrown at him when it's there.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    In case you all are wondering. Ware is up and moving around and is planning on going to ATL with the team.

B
    I don't mean this in a bad way by any means, but I hope as a bystander and not a player... after a injury like that it's too soon to get back into playing. Coarse I could be wrong or over exaggerating the injury, but it looked like season ending. (Not necessarily career ending)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I don't mean this in a bad way by any means, but I hope as a bystander and not a player... after a injury like that it's too soon to get back into playing. Coarse I could be wrong or over exaggerating the injury, but it looked like season ending. (Not necessarily career ending)
    Lol oh yea it's definitely season ending at the least, but pending any issues, he'll be playing by sometime late next season. Him being able to travel with the team would still be great though.

Named Admiral Sentret

Don't forget about his mental state neither. He might be scared of going back on the court after that. (when he's healthy, obviously)
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Lol oh yea it's definitely season ending at the least, but pending any issues, he'll be playing by sometime late next season. Him being able to travel with the team would still be great though.
    This is what I meant. In no way will he be working out with the team in any capacity for a while. He will just be traveling to Atlanta to watch the games. Which, as someone brought up, will be good for his mental state.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I heard Kevin Ware is back on campus after having surgery, it sounds like his surgery was successful, and thats good to hear. As a fan of sports you never want to see injuries happen to any player.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I heard Kevin Ware is back on campus after having surgery, it sounds like his surgery was successful, and thats good to hear. As a fan of sports you never want to see injuries happen to any player.

Yeah I heard he watched the team practice at the uofl campus so he sounds like he is getting better. Story reminds me of Devon walker (remember that Tulane football player who got hurt?)

"98% of teens wont stand up for God. Copy and Paste this into your sig if your one of the 2%"
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeminem View Post
    Yeah I heard he watched the team practice at the uofl campus so he sounds like he is getting better. Story reminds me of Devon walker (remember that Tulane football player who got hurt?)
    Yeah I remember Devons injury that was a very horrific moment. That was one of the worst helmet to helmet hits I have seen.

It's also good to hear Kevin will be traveling with Louisville to the Final 4.

1693 1038 1902

Surprised nobody brought up the Rutgers thing.

My goodness, I was watching that on ESPN while eating lunch, and I'm surprised he wasn't fired earlier or that none of the players talked about it. Holy crap! What a jerk this guy was!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Surprised nobody brought up the Rutgers thing.

My goodness, I was watching that on ESPN while eating lunch, and I'm surprised he wasn't fired earlier or that none of the players talked about it. Holy crap! What a jerk this guy was!
    Not just Mike Rice himself, but Jimmy Martelli (a.k.a. "Baby Rice"), too...though he recently resigned following the physical and verbal abuse scandal. Damn...I really don't know what to say about it after all those homophobic slurs Rice said to his players...but...wow.

Seriously, if your intent is to treat your players with fear and intimidation in hopes of motivation, I'm sorry, but you are not a coach. To me, it's classless and disrespectful, especially to the university.

Comparing to this, it kinda reminds me of the time this martial arts teacher in Japan was beating the living hell out of his students with a stick (even worse, some of his students were bleeding as a result). Even then, nobody did anything about it, but then again...it is Japan. [video link for this part]
    Last edited by Lord Scalgon; 5th April 2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: stupid typo...

The athletic director was fired in the morning, and now a lot are saying that the president could go soon too. It's a domino effect.

Named Admiral Sentret

Michigans going to the National Championship Game! That Syracuse Zone is something! They play some great defense but Michigan gutted the win out! Go Blue!

1693 1038 1902

The Michigan dream dies monday

GO CARDS!

The Michigan dream dies monday

GO CARDS!
    You can't crush our excitement Win or lose, they chose the perfect time to play the best basketball ever seen by the big ten since the Fab Five
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Dang, I lost hold of 1st place of the group in my ESPN bracket challenge.

We would've tied if Wichita State and Syracuse would've won.

Though I think he would've won regardless because he had more final 4 teams left than I did.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

You can't crush our excitement Win or lose, they chose the perfect time to play the best basketball ever seen by the big ten since the Fab Five
    Nope. Louisville will do that just fine.

Nope. Louisville will do that just fine.
    Yeah, that explains why they almost lost against Wichita XD

Yeah, that explains why they almost lost against Wichita XD
    WSU wasn't a pushover.

Lets also not forget that Michigan has some pretty terrible losses this year. namely winless at the time Penn State. They aren't as unbeatable as everyone is hyping

Not going to lie. I don't think Michigan will win this game, but I honestly don't care. Win or lose, I'm just happy they made it this far. I really didn't expect them to.

Not going to lie. I don't think Michigan will win this game, but I honestly don't care. Win or lose, I'm just happy they made it this far. I really didn't expect them to.
    That's what I'm trying to say...win or lose they were better then expected. Doesn't mean I counting them out yet though

No one except michigan fans will remember 2nd place.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast