Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Basketball Thread

Everyone picked Michigan to lose to VCU, Kansas, Florida, and Syracuse I am glad everyones doubting them because they have came out on top everytime. There's so many haters out there that have personal vendettas against Michigan, then again this can be said for any team I guess...Oh well win or lose I'm proud of this team. Michigan beat some of the best defenses on there way here. Vcu's full court press was supposed to give Michigan fits. I had to hear everyone run there mouth saying how great Kansas and Floridas defenses are and how they were gonna shut down Michigans offense, and don't get me started on how everyone thought Syracuse and there zone defense was going to dominate. Sure they kept Trey Burke in check, but Michigan has other weapons. Either way I'm a proud Michigan fan, and happy my favorite team is in the title game. If Michigan wins I can't wait to hear the excuses from the haters, and if they lose I'll still be proud of this team they worked hard to get this far, and people seem to discredit there wins. That's what annoys me the most.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

If UofL plays like they did Saturday they will lose to Michigan. Their only standouts were Hancock and that white boy that made the 2 clutch 3-point shots. If Siva, Blacshear, Bahannon and Smith dont have a better game, then they will lose.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

So far Michigan has their A game, no petering out in the 2nd half though :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Well I was wrong again. Michigan is going to win this.

First championship of any kind for the big 10 since 2002. Had to happen sometime...LOL!!!! Now all Michigan's best players bolt to the NBA and Michigan is back to mediocre next year

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post

First championship of any kind for the big 10 since 2002. Had to happen sometime...LOL!!!! Now all Michigan's best players bolt to the NBA and Michigan is back to mediocre next year
    And as with all athletes, they'll make a cameo on family guy if their last name is "griffin".
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Still plenty of time for Louisville. They just need to cut the lead to maybe 6 by halftime, then come out hot in the second half.

And like I said, cut it to maybe 6 by halftime. Now it's just a 4 point lead.

LMAO, Louisville took the lead.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 9th April 2013 at 4:18 AM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

No one said this would be easy... gotta hand it to Hancock on those 3 pointers
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

*shrug*

The Pistons suck, the Lions are still a year or two away from contending, the Red Wings are on their way out of the NHL elite, and college football is doomed to be forever dominated by the SEC. Except for the Tigers (and Mike Illitch's health is a concern there and for the Red Wings), no other team in Michigan is poised to win anything. Might as well win now before we go into a drought.

EDIT: Nope. This game is over. Louisville won. Michigan can't beat them when they're playing like that.

The Tigers had better win the World Series this year, then.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 9th April 2013 at 5:26 AM.

Hancock with the clutch shots.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Welp, I'm glad they made it this far, but I guess they just ran out of gas against a superior team.

And these next few years are not going to be fun for the entire state of Michigan, because all our teams except for the Tigers will be mediocre at best (and the Tigers probably won't last much longer). But it happens, I guess. Just grin and bear with it and hope I'm wrong.

YES!!!!!

LOVE IT. Down goes the Big 10, no championships in any major sport since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Welp, I'm glad they made it this far, but I guess they just ran out of gas against a superior team.

And these next few years are not going to be fun for the entire state of Michigan, because all our teams except for the Tigers will be mediocre at best (and the Tigers probably won't last much longer). But it happens, I guess. Just grin and bear with it and hope I'm wrong.
    It wasn't a bad game per say, but your right, Michigan was better then they played tonight. Still, I give Louisville a lot of credit, they truly were an amazing team from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It wasn't a bad game per say, but your right, Michigan was better then they played tonight. Still, I give Louisville a lot of credit, they truly were an amazing team from the start
    and likewise Florida was better than they played against Michigan.

Michigan got crazy hot this tournament and IMO actually played better than they really were.

Michigan got crazy hot this tournament and IMO actually played better than they really were.
    I don't see how that's the case. They started the year 16-0 and only lost 5 games.....and now barely lost the championship.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I don't see how that's the case. They started the year 16-0 and only lost 5 games.....and now barely lost the championship.
    A few of those losses were REALLY bad, like the one to winless Penn State. That and they had some guys go insanely hot in this tourney.

So, even though I don't understand basketball very well, nor do I care very much who won the game tonight, but were the announcers right in that Louisville got a bunch of BS calls in their favor? Especially the one where Hancock went head-first into somebody's legs, but didn't get his fourth foul because of it? I dunno, if I were a Michigan fan, I'd probably be pretty pissed about that.

A few of those losses were REALLY bad, like the one to winless Penn State. That and they had some guys go insanely hot in this tourney.
    Every team has guys go hot. Louisville had russ smith average like 25 per game, and he only had about 15 in the regular season.

Named Admiral Sentret

YES!!!!!

LOVE IT. Down goes the Big 10, no championships in any major sport since 2002.
    So that's why you wanted to see Michigan lose. :/ Your vendetta against the Big 10 is rather silly.

The thing about losing streaks is, they don't last forever. And anyway, I would think the Big 10 historically has more championships than the SEC.

Never said they didn't, but getting hot at the right time wins you championships. See: 2012 LA Kings, 2012 SF Giants, 2011 NY Giants. Those teams weren't the best in their respective sports, but they still won.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Every team has guys go hot. Louisville had russ smith average like 25 per game, and he only had about 15 in the regular season.
    They were also the #1 overall seed whereas Michigan was a 4. Michigan fans, enjoy your one season of success and move on. Theres no "Michigan didn't play to its potential" excuse that flies with this game. They were straight up beaten by a better team. As for the fouls, Louisville had 22 called on them, Michigan 15. Sorry big 10 fans, no excuses for tonight.
    ------
    to latias: I have had a vendetta against the Big 10 ever since the lead up to the championship game against Ohio state back in 2006. I was sick of the media hype, and I still am. and the big 10 may have more championships historically than the sec, but I'm not going to bother with looking it up. All I know is if they did it was before I was born.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 9th April 2013 at 6:13 AM.

Eh, it happens... thing about sports is there unpredictable at times

As for the fouls, Louisville had 22 called on them, Michigan 15. Sorry big 10 fans, no excuses for tonight.
    So, basketball's a sport where one side can't play a cleaner game than the other? Interesting, I didn't realize.

Also, cheering for/against a league is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard in my life.

Maybe it will just be Michigan fans, but honestly, I'm still proud of them, they still made it a close game. Not to mention they're all still pretty young guys

You don't think I feel the same way when college football rolls around? Believe me, I get equally sick of hearing about how awesome the SEC is, but I don't go and cheer for them to lose, either.

And it doesn't matter if it happened before you were born, as long as it happened. The Red Wings won seven of their 11 Stanley Cups before I was born. Doesn't make them any less legitimate.

You don't think I feel the same way when college football rolls around? Believe me, I get equally sick of hearing about how awesome the SEC is, but I don't go and cheer for them to lose, either.

And it doesn't matter if it happened before you were born, as long as it happened. The Red Wings won seven of their 11 Stanley Cups before I was born. Doesn't make them any less legitimate.
    The difference is that the sec has clearly been the best conference historically and recently. 7 straight championships, the big ten hasn't won one in 14 years.

Named Admiral Sentret

The difference with that thinking? Oh yeah, the SEC has reason to be talked about.

The big 10 has 3 championships in major sports in the last 24 years. Needless to say, the SEC has far more in that span. The big 10 has 37 all time football championships, the SEC 38. So they are about even there. But in recent history? Big 10 doesn't sniff the sec. The facts don't lie.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 9th April 2013 at 6:38 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast