Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #98

Default Community POTW #98

Time for another Pokémon of the Week chosen by the random number generator.

This week, we have a Generation IV Pokémon

It's Floatzel. Floatzel can be pretty brutal in the right hands

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/419.shtml

Go nuts

Aqua Jet + Swift Swim seems like to could be good on a rain team. Decent Speed that skyrockets in rain accompanys it.

Floatzel

Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Life Orb

WaterFall
    Bulk Up
    Crunch
    Ice Punch / Baton Pass

Bulk Up to boost Attacks.
    Throw in rain to boost speed.
    Because Floatzel is so fast, give it Baton Pass to pass on Bulk Up onto another Pokemon.
    Last edited by Pokemaster342; 11th November 2012 at 2:19 PM.

Drown you in pain:
    Floatzel @ Leftovers
    Swift Swim
    Adamant
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Crunch
    -Waterfall

Simple SubPunch Floatzel, can be used to counter rain teams, sand Teams, maybe Sun a bit, but most probably not. SubPunch is the idea of the set, with Crunch for coverage and Waterfall as STAB move.

Swift Swimmer even without rain:
    Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly/Adamant
    Swift Swim
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
    -Switcheroo
    -Bulk Up/Agility
    -Waterfall
    -Crunch

Mess up a wall by giving it a scarf, use the boosting move of choice and hit hard with a great STAB move and Crunch for coverage.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Item: Muscle Band/Damp Rock
    Moves: Waterfall, Rain Dance, Ice Punch, Crunch
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Floatzel@Choice Band
    Swift Swim
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Bunch
    -Aqua Jet
    -Crunch
    252/252 Speed and Attack
    Modest

Max Speed with a neutral nature is equal to positive nature max 100 base speed. 105 power is nice but you need to hit as hard as you can because your defences are bad. Excellent when used on a rain team.

Waterfall hits hard because of STAB. Ice punch is for coverage on grasses and dragons. Crunch is filler but hists bulky psychics like slowbro. Aqua Jet gets priority and can be used as a last resort if Floatzels done its job.
    Last edited by HRRlion; 11th November 2012 at 2:25 PM.

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    Floatzel@Choice Band
    Swift Swim
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Bunch
    -Aqua Jet
    -Crunch
    252/252 Speed and Attack
    Modest

Max Speed with a neutral nature is equal to positive nature max 100 base speed. 105 power is nice but you need to hit as hard as you can because your defences are bad. Excellent when used on a rain team.

Waterfall hits hard because of STAB. Ice punch is for coverage on grasses and dragons. Crunch is filler but hists bulky psychics like slowbro. Aqua Jet gets priority and can be used as a last resort if Floatzels done its job.
    Don't you mean Adamant? Modest lowers Attack. ^^;

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Since Floatzel got a cool ability in Swift Swim, I'd start with that 1

Banded Weasel
    Nature : Adamant
    EVs : 252 ATK/SPD, 4 HP
    Item : Choice Band
    Ability : Swift Swim
    Moves : Waterfall/Aqua Tail, Ice punch, Crunch, Brick Break

Waterfall/Aqua tail for STAB move, good coverage with Ice punch, same thing with Crunch and Brick Break, coverage =)

Weasel-Stressed
    Nature : Adamant
    EVs : 252 ATK/SPD, 4 HP
    Item : Life orb
    Moves : Waterfall, Ice Punch, Brick break, Aqua Jet/Crunch

Waterfall for same reason as above, Ice punch to kill annoying dragons such as Flygon, Dragonite, Salamence etc, Brick Break for coverage, Aqua Jet for priority and Crunch for type coverage

All right, people are really underestimating Floatzel's speed. It is tied for the position of fastest Water-type (unless you include Arceus-Water) with Starmie. It IS the fastest user of any of the abilities Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, or Sand Rush. It is so similar to Starmie it is not even funny. The differences that sent Starmie to OU while Floatzel sits back in NU? His lack of coverage. Starmie has a trio of some of the best coverage moves ever. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump/Surf(resisted by Lightning Rod Seaking[lol], Lightning Rod Goldeen[lol], Volt Absorb Chinchou [lol], and Volt Absorb Lanturn[lo...oh wait, this one is OU viable]). It gets Rapid Spin. It is great at taking on the Fighting types everywhere. Floatzel can play similar to it though. Both can give the opponents Status Orbs through the use of Switcheroo or Trick. Floatzel is immune to Burns with his new DW ability in Water Veil. Starmie can Trick it to the opponent and simply cure her own status upon switching out. Both sit at the same speed tier of 115. Floatzel actually has a better offensive stat of 105 attack compared to Starmie's 100 SAtk. Honestly, Floatzel has almost as much use as Starmie. It can leave a dent in anything with a Choice Band. It has Ice Punch, Waterfall, and Crunch. Ice and Water coverage can only be resisted by water types(most, not all;in fact it is 82 water types that resist this) and Shedinja. Dark rounds out the coverage resisted by Keldeo, Empoleon, Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, Carvanha, and Poliwrath.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Kraleck's Poke-Analysis
    Abilities:
    -Swift Swim - Cranks Floatzel's amazing Base 115 Speed into overdrive. Great Ability.
    -Water Veil (Dream World) - Protects Floatzel's great Base 105 Attack, but any Pokemon worth using against Floatzel is going for a KO (especially with Floatzel's pitiful endurance). Decent Ability.

Base Stats:
    -HP - Pretty Good, bordering Great. Not too noteworthy considering Defense and Sp.Def.
    -Attack - Great. A yummy Base 105 is a sure sign of Physical Attacker potential and it does have many options.
    -Defense - Bad. Base 55 is a clear sign of fragility.
    -Sp.Atk - Slightly-Above Average. Base 85 isn't completely useless, it's just overshadowed by that delicious Attack.
    -Sp.Def - Bad. Base 50 is a much clearer sign of fragility.
    -Speed - Almost-Godly (non-Trick Room). Base 115 allows it to outrun most of the common powerhouses even without Swift Swim.

Counters:
    -Physical Tanks - Floatzel packs a mostly-Physical Punch and you can easily Tank-n-Spank with Pokemon like Cloyster, Slowbro, Ferrothorn, or Tangrowth.
    -Weather-Changers - Floatzel's Water Type STAB is diminished by Strong Sunlight and its Water Mono-Type makes it vulnerable to Sandstorm and Hail.
    -Sceptile, Electrode, Zebstrika, Whimsicott, & Jolteon - Better Speed outside of Rain and STAB on Floatzel's Weaknesses give them considerable leverage.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

I think you have better options in OU.. he is too weak to priority scizors bullet punch probably 2HKOes with his pathetic defense his HP is all right but his defenses are way too low his speed is amazing his attack only average. in NU floatzel is really good statwise I didn't use it yet but he seem like a great pokemon.
    Compared to all those physical sets I see around what about a special set with
    choice specs? (surprise factor!)

Smart Weazel
    @Choice Specs
    Modset/Timid
    252 sp.attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    Swift Swim/Water Veil
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power Grass/Hidden Power electric

A set which aims to beat floatzels common NU counters like alomomola and tangela which now can be easily beaten with Hidden Power and ice beam respectively it can be a huge surprise as any experienced player will expect a physical set but floatzel have a nice base 85 sp.attack which is decent in NU.
    Focus blast should beat lickilicky.
    and hydro pump should be strong specially on rain teams.

Subzel
    @leftovers
    Water Veil
    252 attack, 252 speed. 4 HP
    Jolly/Adamant
    -Subtitute
    -Waterfall/Aqua Tail
    -Ice Punch
    -Return/Crunch

This set aims to not be countered priority and scarf users.
    Once you manage to set a subtitute you can start to use his base 105 attack to plow holes in the opponent team if you want you can use life orb but it is risky.
    Waterfall Vs. Aqua tail is power vs. accuracy but remember waterfall have a 30% chance to flinch
    Ice Punch can hit altaria and tangela.
    Return creates a perfect coverage in NU except the rare frillish and crunch desimates frillish and misdrevious.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Floatzel@Choice Band
    Swift Swim
    Adamant Nature
    252 atk 252 speed

Waterfall
    Ice Punch
    Crunch
    Return/Brick Break

This thing has so much potential with choice band and rain. Simple moveset. You can use Return for water+normal combo, or break break for dark+ghost.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Pop goes the weasle
    item- choice band
    evs 252 att,4 hp,252 speed
    Adamant
    swift swim
    -Waterfall/aqua tail
    -Crunch
    -Ice punch
    -Swicheroo/brick break

kk. Waterfall has the better accuracy, and a flinch, but aqua tail is more powerful, and less accurate. crunch for coverage. ice punch for dragon,flying and grass types. Swicheroo can ruin foes, but brick break is for coverage.

Weasel your way outta this
    modest
    252 spatt, 252 speed, 4 hp
    choice specs/life orb
    -Hydro pump/surf
    -Ice beam
    -focus blast
    -HP dark/swicheroo

With this set, no pokemon resists it at all (unless you go for swicheroo). Hydro pump is deadly, where as surf is more reliable. Ice beam covers grass and dragon. fighting stops foes like sharpedo and zangoose. Last slot. HP dark for total coverage (but go life orb), for coverage, as then nothing resists it. swicheroo at the right time can be useful.
    Last edited by philzone; 11th November 2012 at 8:21 PM. Reason: ERROR

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster342 View Post
    Floatzel

Nature: Jolly
    Item: Life Orb

WaterFall
    Bulk Up
    Crunch
    Ice Punch / Baton Pass

Bulk Up to boost Attacks.
    Throw in rain to boost speed.
    Because Floatzel is so fast, give it Baton Pass to pass on Bulk Up onto another Pokemon.
    That would be a good idea but with floatzel not having the best stats for defense I wouldn't suggest it unless you are only doing this in singles

Man I've been waiting FOREVER for floatzel to be the pokemon of the week
    Full force weasel
    Swift swim
    EV's 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
    Item @ life orb / choice band
    Adamant
    Aqua jet
    Ice punch
    Crunch/pursuit/low kick
    Waterfall

Special assault
    Swift swim
    Modest
    EV's 252 sp.atk, 252 speed, and 4 HP
    Item @ choice specs
    Surf / hydro pump
    Ice beam / blizzard
    Hp electric / ground / grass
    Focus blast

If only floatzel could get something like dragon claw, or stone edge but oh well its still perfect in my opinion and maybe my opinion only
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 11th November 2012 at 4:37 PM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

WHY DID BUIZEL HAVE TO EVOLVE INTO THIS HIDEOUS MONSTROSITY!!??
    My gripes about the most adorable Pokemon's evolution curse, Floatzel struggles in the Smogon rules because of the Drizzle+Swift Swim ban. Even then, Floatzel is outclassed by many Swift Swim abusers like Kingdra, Kabutops, Ludicolo, Omastar, Qwilfish, Huntail, and Gorebyss. Floatzel's movepool is quite uninspiring, but it has some nifty tools. Floatzel is the fastest Pokemon to have Swift Swim, but can't really make it happen as it doesn't have any grass or electric attacks. It has boosting moves in Bulk Up and Agility (though Agility is kinda stupid), and can pass those boosts with Baton Pass. As far as STAB goes, it has Waterfall and priority in Aqua Jet. In terms of coverage, it has Return, Ice Punch, Crunch, Pursuit, Brick Break, and Low Kick. The most interesting part of Floatzel's movepool is Switcheroo.
    As far as stats go, Floatzel's are... above average at best. It has a wonderful base 115 speed and a nice 105 attack. A base 85 special attack can be used if you feel Focus Blast is needed. Everything else is garbage.

Buizel in Little Cup, however, is awesome. I don't play LC, but I know when something is awesome there. Movesets for the cutest Pokemon in existence!

BUIZEL!!!!
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp
    @: Life Orb/Eviolite/Choice Band

Waterfall
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Return/Aqua Jet

No, I will not do movesets for Floatzel. That thing ruins Buizel's image.
    A standard offensive set for Buizel to dominate LC.
    I claim Buizel.

I remember when Buizel was first revealed. I said, "I am definitely having that guy on my team." And he did not disappoint me. His usefulness only increased when he evolved into Floatzel, and he earned me many a win.

But how well does Floatzel do competitively? Though he's not a popular choice, Floatzel has quite a bit to boast. He has the second highest base Speed among Water types, tied with Starmie and just 5 points behind Splash Plate Arceus. Combine that with Swift Swim, and you have one speedy Pokemon on your hands. He also has a good base 105 Attack stat. However, he is very fragile, having only 85/55/50 defenses. He's also lacking in the movepool department. Were he a bit bulkier and had a larger movepool, he'd probably be a great OU contender; unfortunately he's left swimming in the depths of NU.

Swift Swim doubles Floatzel's Speed when its raining. Floatzel easily reaches 650-720 Speed when this ability is active, enabling him to outrun basically the entire metagame.
    Water Veil protects Floatzel from burns. As Floatzel loathes being burned, this can provide some insurance against Will-O-Wisp and Scald.

Waterfall, Crunch, and Ice Punch are Floatzel's Holy Trinity of moves. He can also run mixed, as his Sp. Attack is a decent base 85. He also can use Fighting moves like Brick Break and Low Kick, but Waterfall usually can handle most Steels just fine. Many Floatzel run Rain Dance in order to abuse Swift Swim. It may seem weird to have Floatzel run Aqua Jet when he's so fast, but it has uses, especially on a Choice Band set. Floatzel can also Baton Pass, but Ninjask is better at that job. Switcheroo can really screw an opponent over if used properly. Floatzel can abuse Bulk Up pretty well, thanks to his good Attack.

Countering Floatzel: No matter how fast Floatzel is, he can't escape priority. Moves like Sucker Punch and Mach Punch will hurt him a lot. Also, he hates being statused; Paralysis robs him of his Speed, and Burns ruin his Attack. Tangela does great against all variants except ones that have Ice Beam or many Bulk Up boosts. Beware of Switcheroo, however. Bulky Waters like Alomomola tend to do well.

Pre-Evolution Corner: I heard Buizel is fairly good in Little Cup, and that his most popular set revolves around Bulk Up. Plus, Buizel is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeow View Post
    WHY DID BUIZEL HAVE TO EVOLVE INTO THIS HIDEOUS MONSTROSITY!!??
    My gripes about the most adorable Pokemon's evolution curse, Floatzel struggles in the Smogon rules because of the Drizzle+Swift Swim ban. Even then, Floatzel is outclassed by many Swift Swim abusers like Kingdra, Kabutops, Ludicolo, Omastar, Qwilfish, Huntail, and Gorebyss. Floatzel's movepool is quite uninspiring, but it has some nifty tools. Floatzel is the fastest Pokemon to have Swift Swim, but can't really make it happen as it doesn't have any grass or electric attacks. It has boosting moves in Bulk Up and Agility (though Agility is kinda stupid), and can pass those boosts with Baton Pass. As far as STAB goes, it has Waterfall and priority in Aqua Jet. In terms of coverage, it has Return, Ice Punch, Crunch, Pursuit, Brick Break, and Low Kick. The most interesting part of Floatzel's movepool is Switcheroo.
    As far as stats go, Floatzel's are... above average at best. It has a wonderful base 115 speed and a nice 105 attack. A base 85 special attack can be used if you feel Focus Blast is needed. Everything else is garbage.

Buizel in Little Cup, however, is awesome. I don't play LC, but I know when something is awesome there. Movesets for the cutest Pokemon in existence!

BUIZEL!!!!
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 attack and speed, 4 hp
    @: Life Orb/Eviolite/Choice Band

Waterfall
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Return/Aqua Jet

No, I will not do movesets for Floatzel. That thing ruins Buizel's image.
    A standard offensive set for Buizel to dominate LC.
    Buizel actually isn't that good in LC. It mainly lacks a way to hit more bulky pokemon, and is killed in the process. Even Lileep only takes about 33% from an Ice Punch, and can do much more back with Giga Drain. It's decent on a Rain Team, but since you have to set it up, it really isn't worth it. Also Buizel should never run Adamant, cause it only gets 18 speed, and that means it is outsped by all the 19's, you really want Jolly for the 19 speed(also that's not ev's work in LC fyi)

So yeah Buizel can work, but since a lot of Pokemon life to run Bulky-Attacker sets, and it's "meh" coverage(it can't touch Chinchou for anything), it basically falls flat :/
    ayd22: what's it like to use broken items to make up for lackluster skills
    ayd22: yeah your playing great right not
    ayd22: rethink your strategy
    Togoro: get styled upon
    The Pokemon Showdown Little Cup Ladder

I do nothing anymore. Oops
    PASBL

I had a lot of success with this in UU.

Floatzel @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Aqua Veil
    EVs: 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
    Nature:Jolly
    Waterfall
    Brick Break/Ice Punch
    Crunch
    Switcheroo

Stat-wise, Floatzel is the physical equivalent to Starmie, but is often forgotten about because Water's physical moves aren't as strong as its special moves. However, Floatzel has access to two things Starmie does not, Water Veil and Switcheroo.

This set enables Floatzel to have a 100% accurate Will-o-wisp for a turn, crippling walls, and physical sweepers, especially Breloom/Gliscor if you use it in OU. Floatzel itself also benefits from the opponent's burn due to its relatively weak defenses. Once you've effectively tricked your flame orb, it's time to do some damage. Floatzel's base 115 speed may allow it to take advantage of Waterfall's secondary flinching effect. Brick Break can take out Screens from Uxie and Cresselia, as well as dent Steel types. Ice punch takes out Grass types and Crunch provides more coverage and doesn't make it Jellicent-bait in OU.

Also, since this isn't a common set for Floatzel, it can be bluffed as a Choiced or Expert Belt set until you're ready to use Switcheroo. It's worked brilliantly for me mainly because no one is prepared for Floatzel to be used as a semi-support set.

Spoiler:- My Badge Case:

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdavid102 View Post
    All right, people are really underestimating Floatzel's speed. It is tied for the position of fastest Water-type (unless you include Arceus-Water) with Starmie. It IS the fastest user of any of the abilities Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, or Sand Rush. It is so similar to Starmie it is not even funny. The differences that sent Starmie to OU while Floatzel sits back in NU? His lack of coverage. Starmie has a trio of some of the best coverage moves ever. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump/Surf(resisted by Lightning Rod Seaking[lol], Lightning Rod Goldeen[lol], Volt Absorb Chinchou [lol], and Volt Absorb Lanturn[lo...oh wait, this one is OU viable]). It gets Rapid Spin. It is great at taking on the Fighting types everywhere. Floatzel can play similar to it though. Both can give the opponents Status Orbs through the use of Switcheroo or Trick. Floatzel is immune to Burns with his new DW ability in Water Veil. Starmie can Trick it to the opponent and simply cure her own status upon switching out. Both sit at the same speed tier of 115. Floatzel actually has a better offensive stat of 105 attack compared to Starmie's 100 SAtk. Honestly, Floatzel has almost as much use as Starmie. It can leave a dent in anything with a Choice Band. It has Ice Punch, Waterfall, and Crunch. Ice and Water coverage can only be resisted by water types(most, not all;in fact it is 82 water types that resist this) and Shedinja. Dark rounds out the coverage resisted by Keldeo, Empoleon, Crawdaunt, Sharpedo, Carvanha, and Poliwrath.
    Actually , Whimsicott is.
    Base 116 speed.

Floatzel is sadly a case of really good pokemon with a lot of waisted potential! Good attack and speed, means that this is mainly a physical sweeper, the movepool though ruin this job because it lacks a good set of coverage moves which means it is walled by a lot of pokemon. It's ability swift swim makes it the fastest pokemon in the game, but also this ability is doomed by an unforgiving rule: "Drizzle and swift swim are illeagal!!". Ok great, now you have to set up rain dance to work! These two major assets are flawed to an extent bu does not necessarily means that floatzel is bad! it is still fast even without rain and can hit reasonably strong! This only means that this pokemon will just be in NU without any hope of breaking out!
    Floatzel's other ability is also nifty as it will prevent floatzel from loosing the only thing he is good at! Good if you are planning on using floatzel without rain support!
    Floatzel will be surprising if you manage to pass some attack boosts to it! Try that! Ninjask is the best at that job! Screens help as well but not as much!
    All in all, try floazel, it's not that bad! Just support it well and try to "sweep".

Floatzel might seem like a fairly decent Pokemon on paper, but when you start to see other offensive water-types, they generally do what Floatzel does better. This is what places Floatzel in NU. Floatzel does however, have the exact traits it needs to run a Choice Band set: Decent attack, high speed, and an okay move pool. It can also run a boasting set fairly well. Floatzel does have its problems though; it has low defenses, meaning it will have a hard time switching in, and powerful priority will ruin it.

Abilities
    Swift Swim: Allows you to outpace everything in the NU tier, but with the ban of Drizzle below OU and Swift Swim + Drizzle in OU, it'll have to have Rain Dance support.
    Water Veil: Fairly decent, as Floatzel is primarily a physical attacker, and Floatzel already has great speed, but I generally prefer Swift Swim.

Choice Band
    Item:Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly / Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch / Return
    - Crunch / Brick Break
    - Aqua Jet / Switcheroo

This is the most common and effective Floatzel set. Waterfall should be used as primary STAB and works well with Floatzel's high speed as the 20% flinch chance can come in handy. Ice Punch allows it to hit Altaria, Druddigon, and and Dragon- and Grass- types. Return gets better overall neutral coverage though. Crunch is mainly for Misdreavus and the numerous Psychic-types in NU, while Brick Break hits Steel-types for more damage. Aqua Jet is in the last slot to get past some of the priority users Floatzel loathes, such as Absol, while Switcheroo can cripple a wall.
    Last edited by MatchMaster; 16th November 2012 at 11:21 PM.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post
    Floatzel does have its problems though; it has low defenses, meaning it will have a hard time switching in, and powerful priority will ruin it.
    Glass Cannon, thy name is Floatzel. If Floatzel hasn't poured more than 6 EVs into HP (very likely due to its Base Attack and Speed) and with Max Attack and Attack-Up Natures, the following Pokemon are quite lethal without Item boosts:
    -Technician-Breloom, and Iron Fist- or Guts-Conkeldurr can 2KO with Mach Punch
    -Absol and Cacturne can rip a sizeable hole with Sucker Punch
    -Even the lowly Sableye can 2KO with Sucker Punch
    -Ambi-Technician can deal a minimum of 50% of Floatzel's HP with Fake Out and a very sizeable chunk with Covet (also note that Ambi' Speed-ties Floatzel, so there's some risk)
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

oh! a possible title for a moveset!

swiper no swiping!

oh, darn, I'm an idiot...
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Default Mixed rain set

I hate him, he's such a weasel
    - Waterfall
    - Crunch
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Electric] / [Grass]
    Item Attached: Life Orb
    EVs and Nature:
    216 Atk / 252 SAtk / 40 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)

This is a mixed set Floatzel set can run, which takes into consideration Floatzel's Special Attack, which, while not great, isn't bad either. Waterfall hits stupid hard in rain. Crunch makes dealing with Jellicent, Slowking and whatnot easier. Ice Beam takes care of Grass types who wall Floatzel. Hidden Power is its last move, but the choice of type depends on what you want to kill. HP Electric dents Skarmory, Gyarados and other things while providing awesome coverage with Ice Beam. HP Grass kills some other stuff and whatever can take your STAB Waterfall. In either case, both types can handle Water-types, which will be the main switch-in against Floatzel.
    Last edited by rc52; 12th November 2012 at 4:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryochronic View Post
    I had a lot of success with this in UU.

Floatzel @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Aqua Veil
    EVs: 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
    Nature:Jolly
    Waterfall
    Brick Break/Ice Punch
    Crunch
    Switcheroo

Stat-wise, Floatzel is the physical equivalent to Starmie, but is often forgotten about because Water's physical moves aren't as strong as its special moves. However, Floatzel has access to two things Starmie does not, Water Veil and Switcheroo.

This set enables Floatzel to have a 100% accurate Will-o-wisp for a turn, crippling walls, and physical sweepers, especially Breloom/Gliscor if you use it in OU. Floatzel itself also benefits from the opponent's burn due to its relatively weak defenses. Once you've effectively tricked your flame orb, it's time to do some damage. Floatzel's base 115 speed may allow it to take advantage of Waterfall's secondary flinching effect. Brick Break can take out Screens from Uxie and Cresselia, as well as dent Steel types. Ice punch takes out Grass types and Crunch provides more coverage and doesn't make it Jellicent-bait in OU.

Also, since this isn't a common set for Floatzel, it can be bluffed as a Choiced or Expert Belt set until you're ready to use Switcheroo. It's worked brilliantly for me mainly because no one is prepared for Floatzel to be used as a semi-support set.
    As I said earlier, Starmie can do the same thing as Floatzel with the combo of Natural Cure and Trick. So, Starmie can almost do that better by being able to Trick the opponents either Status orb(still probably flame orb to beat Pursuit users)

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast