Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Unfairness

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FusRoDah View Post
    I don't find Gen V overdone, if anything that was the smartest thing for them to do.
    Think about it, do u expect to find american monarch butterflies in Japan?
    Why would we find Butterfrees as a native species in Unova?
    I didn't get it. I was talking about how they come late in-game, and the 5th Generation overdid it because of BW: Axew, Mienfoo, Rufflet/Vullaby, Deino and Larvesta. It maked me sad. That wasn't only Dratini like in the First Generation, what was boring, but not so unfair.

tumblr | egc | pc

I don't find Gen V overdone, if anything that was the smartest thing for them to do.
    Think about it, do u expect to find american monarch butterflies in Japan?
    Why would we find Butterfrees as a native species in Unova?

One unfair thing I see in Pokemon is how most of the world doesn't even get half of the events Japan or us in the US get. Makes me feel sad.
    Since when does the location of a real life species affect whether the Pokemon it's based on will appear in a game or not? It has been inconsequential as far as I can remember. Later generations do make an attempt to introduce more Pokemon that are viable to use, especially for Bug types. No more "evolve at lower levels but have a BST of 300" nonsense, and every Bug type in Gen V has decent BST and movepool.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Since when does the location of a real life species affect whether the Pokemon it's based on will appear in a game or not? It has been inconsequential as far as I can remember. Later generations do make an attempt to introduce more Pokemon that are viable to use, especially for Bug types. No more "evolve at lower levels but have a BST of 300" nonsense, and every Bug type in Gen V has decent BST and movepool.
    That's true, I must say that BW was the bug reborn. Where almost all bugs are at least somewhat cool.

tumblr | egc | pc

I happen to like these said creatures, like Kyurem, Medicham, and Scrafty. I enjoy these said combos, sometimes it produces harder to kill examples of these creatures, like how Scrafty is immune to Psychic attacks (save miracle eyeing them first) and Medicham only gets neutral damage from a Psychic attack.
    Oh,I almost forgot that there were already Pokemon with that characteristics. Thats very unique.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

I'd really hope to see these things:

1) Pokémon following you
    2) More boxes (24 just isn't enough if you want a living pokédex with every form, and still want to hunt shiny's and breed the crap out of them.
    3) Underground, secret bases.
    4) A extra region added
    5) Berrie trees
    6) Diving on more spots
    7) Safari zone
    8) A easier and accurate way to show your EV's and IV's.

I could think of much more, but CBA now.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/14l7n1l.png[/IMG]

~ | Competitive Breeder | Shiny Hunter | Competitive battler | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I'd really hope to see these things:

1) Pokémon following you
    2) More boxes (24 just isn't enough if you want a living pokédex with every form, and still want to hunt shiny's and breed the crap out of them.
    3) Underground, secret bases.
    4) A extra region added
    5) Berrie trees
    6) Diving on more spots
    7) Safari zone
    8) A easier and accurate way to show your EV's and IV's.

I could think of much more, but CBA now.
    I'm sure more boxes will come someday.But if they were releasing a new game thats still part of Generation 5 Main Series,GF must add at least 2 to 5 boxes especially for those who are collecting and MMing for shiny Pokemon.

I also missed Safari Zone since theres no any in Generation 5.

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    I also missed Safari Zone since theres no any in Generation 5.
    This is what I was thinking, I loved the Safari Zone and not seeing it in Generation 5 was sad.

Thanks Sworn Metalhead for the banner and Chapter of Charizard for the userbar

re-challenging the gym leaders after the national dex with updated rosters like Gen IV. I loved that feature
    Spare Legendaries:

I am also after DW: Adamant: , Adamant:

**Note** Everything above is in relation to Gen V

FC Black 2 - 0949 0114 5333
    Y FC - 4785-5536-1158 (Friend Safari has Ditto, dusparce and Minccino)

Quote Originally Posted by fireice View Post
    re-challenging the gym leaders after the national dex with updated rosters like Gen IV. I loved that feature
    This was sort of used in the PWT in Black and White 2, but I agree since I wanted to challenge someone I WANTED to battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie
    oh you'll get them. ill just do them drunk so they're all changed to fdhjgddfghhgrfc and ejeshkgfcbmjh

America and other countries being screwed out of getting events(especially the DW starters both Japan and Korea have gotten)

Samurott not being part fighting or part steel either type would've made sense.

Putting DW event pokemon passwords in certain store bought games months after the games are released(DW Lucario for BW at target and DW Pikachu for B2W2)

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

One of the few great thing I'd like to see is for Nintendo to actually take a look at some player created pokémon and implementing them into the games. A lot of people like designing their own pokemon for fun, and some of these are really great and I'd really like to see them in the games. Anyone else who feels the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
    One of the few great thing I'd like to see is for Nintendo to actually take a look at some player created pokémon and implementing them into the games. A lot of people like designing their own pokemon for fun, and some of these are really great and I'd really like to see them in the games. Anyone else who feels the same?
    1) It won't happen, for legal reasons.

2) I've never actually seen any that is close to 'great'. Most of them look like monsters you get from those "click to hatch the egg" thingy people put in their forum signature.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.

Lack of following Pokemon, and the fact that Flareon still does not learn Flare Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Many things with shells are deprived of shell smash

To name a new

Shelgon
    Blastoise
    Torterra
    samurott
    pupitar
    cascoon
    silcoon
    kakuna
    metapod
    To be fair, half of those pokemon either lose their shell upon evolving or would be just insanely powerful. Shell Smash Salamence and Tyranitar would just dominate BW2 wifi.

I think Blastoise didn't get it because it's arms and legs are rather stubby and the fact that it hides it's cannons inside the shell, but i do agree about Samurott not getting it.

I can't imagine Rayquaza using Gyro Ball at all but it gets it, on the other hand Registeel doesn't get it at all.
    I dont really care about your religion, and i am pretty sure a lot of others on here dont either.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Lack of following Pokemon, and the fact that Flareon still does not learn Flare Blitz
    Yeah, really wish they would hurry up and have a special Flareon the can learn it.
    Or better yet just have it learn it by level.
        Spoiler:- My Website + Ask.fm:

Another one just came to mind: Event Pokémon. Yeah, it was kinda alright when it was just Mew, but 4 gens later, and I hate how if you want the lovable mascot of this website or a genocidal cyberbug, you have to be in the right place at the right time or it's gone forever. That diploma you get for completing the National Dex? Without the likes of Shaymin and Deoxys in there, that diploma is a lie. The ones at specific locations are the worst - I went through Hell and back to get Keldeo by finding a GAME that was actually doing the event. How you lot coped when they were in another COUNTRY altogether, I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Yeah, really wish they would hurry up and have a special Flareon the can learn it.
    Or better yet just have it learn it by level.
    Wow, I see this a lot. I'm glad that I had no idea of the in-depth battle mechanics when I first used Flareon along with other Eevolutions in Crystal xD Gave it Flamethrower back then and it was good to go. Flare Blitz would definitely help it out.

Even with Flare Blitz it would still be outclassed! It needs something to set it apart from Darmanitan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Well fuk u too

They should give us a chance to catch every pokémon, like the non-obtainable events. I'm still hoping for a Mew event, since I never had a mew before. (Unless on RBY.)

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/14l7n1l.png[/IMG]

~ | Competitive Breeder | Shiny Hunter | Competitive battler | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    They should give us a chance to catch every pokémon, like the non-obtainable events. I'm still hoping for a Mew event, since I never had a mew before. (Unless on RBY.)
    You can get a Mew right now in Pokemon Ranch. Boot up D/P, deposit 1000 Pokemon, and trade an egg to get a Mew.

Voila.

There was also a big Wi-Fi distribution for Mew during HGSS' release.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

For the chance to partcipate in the pokeringer competetion in the Hoenn region(I think it would be fun).
    Last edited by Shayminslicker; 14th November 2012 at 1:51 AM.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoman View Post
    To be fair, half of those pokemon either lose their shell upon evolving or would be just insanely powerful. Shell Smash Salamence and Tyranitar would just dominate BW2 wifi.

I think Blastoise didn't get it because it's arms and legs are rather stubby and the fact that it hides it's cannons inside the shell, but i do agree about Samurott not getting it.

I can't imagine Rayquaza using Gyro Ball at all but it gets it, on the other hand Registeel doesn't get it at all.
    gorebyss and huntail learn it and they lose their shell.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    I also hoping for that.Flareon with Flare Blitz was a great combination.

Event pokemon.

I stop following Pokemon news for a short time and I lose the one chance at a Keldeo I may ever get.

Every single pokemon should be obtainable in the main games without having to wait for Game Freak to throw us westerners a temporary bone.
    IGNORE ALL MY TRADE OFFERS.

I swear, if I come back and my inbox is full of PMs, there will be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Event pokemon.
    No part of how event Pokémon are handled is anything remotely resembling "unfair". If anything, it's done as fairly as possible, by means that allow a significant percentage of people - perhaps even a majority of people - to access an event during its duration.

It would be patently impossible to make the events available to everyone - do the events solely over Wi-Fi and a minority (make no mistake, if you don't have wireless Internet in your home these days, you may not necessarily be in a minority, but you're in a rapidly shrinking percentage at the very least) will whine that they don't have Wi-Fi. Do the events solely in stores and a different percentage will whine that they aren't near a store location. And as such, the next best thing is to alternate the means, which does in fact make at least one event out of every two or three available to the majority of people.

I stop following Pokemon news for a short time and I lose the one chance at a Keldeo I may ever get.
    Okay. It's someone else's fault that you took your eye off the ball? This is kind of like saying "I stop following astronomical news for a short time and I lose the one chance at a meteor shower I may ever get." Who told you to stop paying attention?

Every single pokemon should be obtainable in the main games without having to wait for Game Freak to throw us westerners a temporary bone.
    Putting aside the fact that Game Freak has nothing to do with how the events are run internationally, and that "temporary" is usually at least a few weeks and often a few months, no, simply putting the material in-game with no stipulations is not a logical or realistic possibility, so discard that from the pile.

The logic of the matter is unchanged no matter how many times people complain about it. Let this hopefully stem the tide of people complaining "event Pokémon are unfair!" They aren't. They're handled as fairly as they reasonably can be, and if one person cannot personally obtain a certain event for whatever reason, that's certainly unfortunate for them, but it doesn't make the concept or its handling "unfair". If enough people weren't able to access the events, they wouldn't do them as they do now. Simple as that.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 14th November 2012 at 10:28 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast