Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Unfairness

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    Not being able to find Reshiram or Zekrom as shines.
    Technically, you could keep restarting your game until the shiny one comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Technically, you could keep restarting your game until the shiny one comes up.
    They have a shiny lock.

Even in Black 2/White 2?

As for the Hidden Grottos, couldn't you just soft reset until you get the desired Pokémon?

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Even in Black 2/White 2?

As for the Hidden Grottos, couldn't you just soft reset until you get the desired Pokémon?
    I believe not, only thing that's soft resettable is the Nature.

And yes the shiny locks carry on in BW2.

I tried to SR the Grotto bros before, they are always either male or female. I SR'd at least 12 times one time before I lost my patience. lol
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FusRoDah View Post
    I tried to SR the Grotto bros before, they are always either male or female. I SR'd at least 12 times one time before I lost my patience. lol
    Gamefreak.....got smart. We all knew this day would come.

To have the option of fighting Leaf instead of Red in HG/SS.
    ~ ~
    ---

~Original Image from pixiv~

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I disagree. Wi-Fi events do not actively exclude countries, while in-store events most definitely do.
    As you just saw on the previous page, there was someone complaining about Wi-Fi events because he doesn't have access to Wi-Fi.

Really, it seems most people complaining are people who missed or skipped events rather than actually never got the opportunity to obtain them. I often see Australians on this forum complain about missing events when in fact they've gotten every single major event the US has gotten except for Manaphy since Gen 4 started.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Honestly, not being able to get Reshiram or Zekrom shiny isn't that big a deal IMO. I actually prefer their normal sprites (of course Zekrom does look cool with blue eyes). What I mostly think is unfair is Japan getting all of the good stuff. For instance: DW starters, V-Create Rayquaza (well, that one is korean but still), Meloetta, and now a Victini with blue flare AND bolt strike?!

Seriously, if they don't release Meloetta over wi-fi along with the movie in december, I'm gonna be pissed!!!
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Meloetta
    Is there something that says the rest of the world absolutely cannot get this event in the near future?

and now a Victini with blue flare AND bolt strike?!
    Or this one? Meloetta is fairly recent and the Glaciate Victini was just announced a few days ago. Why are you equating that with "OMG we'll never get these!"

if they don't release Meloetta over wi-fi along with the movie in december, I'm gonna be pissed!!!
    Please see above. And what if it's in-store rather than Wi-Fi?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    As you just saw on the previous page, there was someone complaining about Wi-Fi events because he doesn't have access to Wi-Fi.
    How is this excluding an entire country?

Really, it seems most people complaining are people who missed or skipped events rather than actually never got the opportunity to obtain them. I often see Australians on this forum complain about missing events when in fact they've gotten every single major event the US has gotten except for Manaphy since Gen 4 started.
    That's certainly not the problem in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Is there something that says the rest of the world absolutely cannot get this event in the near future?

Or this one? Meloetta is fairly recent and the Glaciate Victini was just announced a few days ago. Why are you equating that with "OMG we'll never get these!"

Please see above. And what if it's in-store rather than Wi-Fi?

They released Genesect here in america before Meloetta, and he comes after meloetta in the pokedex. I don't think they've done this with mythical pokemon before, and they didn't do it like that in japan, so I see it as a bad sign. Not necessarily that it won't ever happen, just a bad sign of it not happening (like with the DW starters and V-Create Rayquaza. Actually I have gotten most of the DW starters in wi-fi trades, so I'm not worrying too much. But it would be nice to have ones that are nick-nameable).

And I guess I am over-reacting with the Victini. I guess they might release it in the states.

Though I do find it a bit unfair that you only get one leftovers per game (or 2 at most, outside of pickup).
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

They released Genesect here in america before Meloetta, and he comes after meloetta in the pokedex. I don't think they've done this with mythical pokemon before, and they didn't do it like that in japan, so I see it as a bad sign. Not necessarily that it won't ever happen, just a bad sign of it not happening (like with the DW starters and V-Create Rayquaza. Actually I have gotten most of the DW starters in wi-fi trades, so I'm not worrying too much. But it would be nice to have ones that are nick-nameable).

And I guess I am over-reacting with the Victini. I guess they might release it in the states.

Though I do find it a bit unfair that you only get one leftovers per game (or 2 at most, outside of pickup).
    If you go to the Pokemon website, or facebook, you can see that they are just buttering us up for that promotion. They wouldn't have mentioned that it can transform and then say, "Sorry guys, you're out of luck."

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

They released Genesect here in america before Meloetta, and he comes after meloetta in the pokedex.
    Is there something that says event Legendaries must be released in order, otherwise it signals the coming apocalypse? Is anything made drastically different because we got #649 before #648?
    Last edited by BCVM22; 17th November 2012 at 10:33 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

i have meloeta SHINY and a ho oh SHINY
    name-sanjot
    (pokemon white 2)-friend code-3139 4684 8739
    lets arrange a time to meet on wi fi club

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Is there something that says event Legendaries must be released in order, otherwise it signals the coming apocalypse? Is anything made drastically different because we got #649 before #648?
    YES IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD!

I guess that some people are a little obsessive compulsive and like to do the pokedex in order.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

It also spoils the surprise of more hidden legendaries, like:

"Hmm, I've got every Pokémon in the game, even Keldeo and Genesect, so why is the 648th slot empty?"

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    The pokemon in White Forest (The grass disappears if you don't connect to another game or get to it in time? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?)

Johto's Safari zone (You have to log in every day for over a month with the correct number of items in a certain type of terrain to make a d*** Gible appear? You're kidding this time, right? RIGHT?!?!)

Easy/Challenge mode (The modes are game-specific? And you can't unlock them until you beat the game? And if you want to use them at the beginning you have to connect to games that already have them? Seriously? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!)
    actually, for the safari zone thing, you just have to change the date on your DS, thats what i did

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

If there's anything unfair in the pokemon games, it's that they made it so the trainers in the battle subway have hax on their side. I always lose because of hax >.<

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    If there's anything unfair in the pokemon games, it's that they made it so the trainers in the battle subway have hax on their side. I always lose because of hax >.<
    Ya must fight hax with hax to win my friend.

You'd think after five generations, Game Freak would have fixed the Eeveelutions' movepool issues (as well as those of a bunch of other Pokemon that I can't think of right now).

I was also hoping we would get a better selection of TMs in BW, but instead, we got... Incinerate, Ally Switch, and Quash? Really? At least B2W2 gave us move tutors again, but shards aren't always exactly easy to come by.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

It's ashame a little bit that the new Victini event is Lax only but this doesn't stop me from getting this Victini.

@Crimson Penguin: I agree on some movepools like Leafeon and Flareon (no I don't want Flare Blitz on this guy as Darmanitan still exists).

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    It's ashame a little bit that the new Victini event is Lax only but this doesn't stop me from getting this Victini.
    Curse you Game Freak -____- I was unaware of this.

Definitely unfair but I guess I should get it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    You'd think after five generations, Game Freak would have fixed the Eeveelutions' movepool issues (as well as those of a bunch of other Pokemon that I can't think of right now).

I was also hoping we would get a better selection of TMs in BW, but instead, we got... Incinerate, Ally Switch, and Quash? Really? At least B2W2 gave us move tutors again, but shards aren't always exactly easy to come by.
    Shards are simple to get in BW2. Simple way. Go to PWT, then in the first round, click run. There, you get a free consolation shard...

Eeveelutions kinda need signatures, because otherwise sometimes they'd be outclassed.

I think it's disappointing how there's no good non questline stuff to do in 5th gen. The movie thing is wayyy too customised, I'd prefer Contests or Pokeathlon tbh.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Anything that can only be done by wireless/infrared connection (e.g. Entralink, Pass Powers).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast