Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are you a shipper?

Maybe it has to do you me longing for a sort of relationship or maybe it's just something as much as living a fantasy or possibly just an odd sort of hobby of mine... I don't know, I don't have an honest or genuine answer that I can give because I myself don't truly know why I ship pairings like I do. In the whole scheme of things, it does seem silly to pair fictional characters together, but maybe it's just a secret way for everyone who ships to know that it's possible to meet that special someone. Saying that though, maybe some of you are already in relationships, hopefully a happy one.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The only reason I really ship anything anymore is because of all those fun little sub plots that can be included in a good story.
    Pairings all add different things to a story, different plots that can be exploited and pushed forward depending on the characters involved. Shipping allows me to exploit those ideas in my head and in Fan Fiction. It's an exciting thing for me since the characters already have a basic personality that you can tweak as you age them up and a world that has a lot of possibilities to flesh out around the ship. And I blame high school English teachers who encouraged fan fiction as a means of expression for this viewpoint.

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1538-5543
    Friend Safari Type: Grass - Oddish, Gogoat, Sawsbuck

It's just natural for me to be a shipper. It's like wanting your friends to get together or your favorite characters in a book or even yourself and someone you like.
    I've always been kind of a romantic person, and just seeing cute couples together makes me happy. (:

/slithers in

I've been a shipper for quite some time now and the one reason why I ship is because it's fun. I like thinking of the possibilities why this and that ship could happen. Since most of my ships in this fandom are so bizarre, this 'thinking of possibilities' happens a lot. Not that it's a bad thing; it makes every single ship unique and gives me more reasons to like them.

Shipping grabs my interest due to fanfic writing and things of that sort. It also helps me dig further into the fandoms, and learn more about the characters or fill in the blanks. It also allows me to add more material to the OC's as well.

I think we all can agree that we're shippers because it's fun, right? I mean, why else would we be shippers in the first place?

The main reason I'm a shipper is because I enjoy it. Simple as that.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by McIntyre View Post
    The only reason I really ship anything anymore is because of all those fun little sub plots that can be included in a good story.
    Pairings all add different things to a story, different plots that can be exploited and pushed forward depending on the characters involved. Shipping allows me to exploit those ideas in my head and in Fan Fiction. It's an exciting thing for me since the characters already have a basic personality that you can tweak as you age them up and a world that has a lot of possibilities to flesh out around the ship. And I blame high school English teachers who encouraged fan fiction as a means of expression for this viewpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~SkyHigh~ View Post
    I think we all can agree that we're shippers because it's fun, right? I mean, why else would we be shippers in the first place?

The main reason I'm a shipper is because I enjoy it. Simple as that.
    These are the two reasons why I ship. It's for fun and I can use it for writing.

The reason I'm a shipper is because I have extreme taste for underrated, interesting pairings (that most people aren't interested in) such as Cynthia/Leaf. I pair random characters together and want to share with other like the ones in fanfiction.net.

Hmm, that's an interesting question. To be perfectly honest, I don't have a definitive answer. I would like to think I ship for fun. After all, it's nice to pair up characters and role play different scenarios in one's head. Umm, I guess if I force myself to answer based on psychological reason, then the motivation behind my shipping tendences could lie in my own feelings towards love. Basically, I do believe in love, but I just don't think it is for me. Not that I haven't found it, it's just that I don't need it. I'm at one with myself and yet, I am so fascinated by the idea of love and the many different forms of it. I think for that reason, I don't have any specific kind of shipping that I favour more than others. My ships range from the romanticized Disney kind to the dark and twisted kind.

Being a writer, I have the freedom to come up with whatever. In fact, I probably ship my imaginary characters even more than any other "real" pairing because they are, in a sense, very real to me (not in the schizo way, mind). After all, I created them and it makes sense for me to be invested in their lives, which includes all romantic entanglements. Fantasy can be a great way to live out desires, even if they are not your own. However, as much as I like fantasy, I have just as much love for realism. I don't like it when characters act completely off-script from the sake of pairing them up.
    Last edited by Meowth City; 10th March 2014 at 6:13 PM.

Look at that face, you look like my next mistake

It's alot of fun and just good memories and such. I have always shipped Misty and Ash so for me that's a fun memory I have. I make Pokemon AMV's on youtube now and I just love ship's , i will ship anything XD I just love shipping so much! and plus I love seeing certain characters with others and it's just fun wondering what if this happened or this etc.

Well...now I'm doubting my own cause too :P

I guess the romance is too big to ignore or something along those lines...

Another reason I like shipping is probably that it inspires me to write fan fictions. But seriously, I have no idea why I like them so much.
    Black 2 FTW

I guess it's just because I'm a romantic type of person. Shippings offer so many possiblities in fanfiction and fanart. They make me go "Aww!" or laugh.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

Hmm... That's an excellent question indeed! I'm a shipper because, I'm a lovebird, a very lovey-dovey, romantic person, who LOVES love XDD I mean, I just adore nearly all Shippings! I just love Shipping and all it's glory, when I first found out about shipping, I became very interested in it! I also like spreading love/shipping news as well! I also happen to own the SPPF Shipping Member x Member Thread as well! So I'm a shipper because I just love hearing about crushes, relationships, "liking" someone, and whenever I see a scene that relates to love in a movie or game, I can't take my eyes off it! X__X I also like to write love stories as well, I'm even working on a Fan Fic that contains lot of love-related parts!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Why do I ship the pok'emon anime and manga? Guess because I like pok'emon and romance novel's not to mention I just plain enjoy shipping. I've always liked shipping especially pok'e-shipping and that's also another reason I started writing shipping fic's. I also have friend's who are big fan's of my work despite that it lack's some substance in my opinion. Really I ship because I love shipping.

I am the leader of the pok'emon clan known as the fullbringer's. If you're interested in joining my clan or warring with us please pm me and I will reply as soon as possible.

I am a shipper because my OTP is perfect.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

I'm a shipper because of the Pokemon movie The Rise of Darkrai (yeah, I'm a Pearlshipper. :P).
    Black & White Team:

I think it's unrealistic to deny shipping. People need relationships. Saying that it's impossible or irrelevant takes away from the veneer of reality.

Of course in Pokemon's case a very valid argument can be made that almost all of the characters are too young. But where's the fun in that?

I guess it's fun like reading fanfictions of your favorite pairings, watching AMVs, debating, creating fan-arts and stuff. Become a pokeshipper after watching episode called "Misty meets her match", no more a pokeshipper though.

Credit for the banner goes to T-B0ne27

I am a shipper because when I see two characters together or when I like two characters and realize they are slightly compatible, then I become emotionally attached to them somehow. When I read a fanfic or see a fanart, my heart sort of leaps or I get giddy. This is like x10 when I see my OTP though. Its something I've really always done. When I was as young as 6 years old, I really liked two characters from an anime together. I really liked their chemistry so I would always search for images of them on the internet. Then I didn't know it was called shipping. That's why I ship really. When I enter a new fandom, I always found a pairing I really like.
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 5243-5421-9296

Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code3268-4219-0444

We can trade! I like to breed and make a lot of eggs =w=

Tumblr|Fanfiction | Deviantart

*Banner credit to PPL

"You're very...strange." -Sabrina to Morty (in my upcoming fanfic, Destiny)

Quote Originally Posted by Usehydropump View Post
    I am a shipper because when I see two characters together or when I like two characters and realize they are slightly compatible, then I become emotionally attached to them somehow. When I read a fanfic or see a fanart, my heart sort of leaps or I get giddy. This is like x10 when I see my OTP though. Its something I've really always done. When I was as young as 6 years old, I really liked two characters from an anime together. I really liked their chemistry so I would always search for images of them on the internet. Then I didn't know it was called shipping. That's why I ship really. When I enter a new fandom, I always found a pairing I really like.
    That's exactly how I feel. It's like playing matchmaker in your head. Also, I like pairing really weird match ups together to see how the story turns out. Lots of characters have already quite developed back stories and it feels good to play god. And of course, I like dirty stuff.
    Knarly, dude!

I think shipping is something that just comes natural. It's natural for when you are watching something you may hope that certain people get together.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post
    I think shipping is something that just comes natural. It's natural for when you are watching something you may hope that certain people get together.
    I agree. When I started watching Pokemon in 1999, I quickly picked up the PokeShipping hints and basically became a PokeShipper, without even knowing what shipping meant back then.

I think I know why I am a Shipper. It happened to me when I saw Ash and Richie at the Pokemon League, it was like something clicked in me. I think it is because I am deeply in tune with my emotions, i've been in love and know how it feels, so I can see the feelings of love between two characters on screen! And it's like i'm able to relive those feelings of love I crave so badly.

I am honestly really obsessed with my Ship.. It's getting kinda sad honestly..

Like most days it is actually all I can think about. I think about it at school for the entire day, what my next fanfic story will be, what's gonna happen in the next chapter..! Man it's becoming intensely bad ! I spend hours just looking up Ship photo's.

Is anyone else in this boat with me, and feeling as strangely obsessed as I am?! It kinda worries me sometimes.. I really shouldn't be this obsessed over a anime pairing.. :/

Im a shipper because I always loved romance in any show or anime that I have ever watched. It is just something I enjoy, especially when it concerns with fanfiction and such.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/ndr78w.png[/IMG]
    Banner created by the awesome Sweet May!

Quote Originally Posted by jais View Post
    I think I know why I am a Shipper. It happened to me when I saw Ash and Richie at the Pokemon League, it was like something clicked in me. I think it is because I am deeply in tune with my emotions, i've been in love and know how it feels, so I can see the feelings of love between two characters on screen! And it's like i'm able to relive those feelings of love I crave so badly.

I am honestly really obsessed with my Ship.. It's getting kinda sad honestly..

Like most days it is actually all I can think about. I think about it at school for the entire day, what my next fanfic story will be, what's gonna happen in the next chapter..! Man it's becoming intensely bad ! I spend hours just looking up Ship photo's.

Is anyone else in this boat with me, and feeling as strangely obsessed as I am?! It kinda worries me sometimes.. I really shouldn't be this obsessed over a anime pairing.. :/
    Dude, you got nothing to worry about. The fact that you're worrying about it shows enough. One day it'll just die down. I've been following some ships for several years now, sometimes I get just like you, thinking bout it for hours on end, other times I'll be just too occupied with life. And oh, I remember my Ash/Richie days. Man oh man...
    Knarly, dude!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast