Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you play Pokemon?

Because of the collection aspect.
    There are so many better RPGs out there, I probably would not be playing this if it weren't for the collection aspect.

And those who posted "because I like it" or "because it's my favourite game", why not say why it's your favourite game or why you like it?

Because I first started playing Pokémon Yellow when I were just 4 year old, together with my mom. I remember my mom picked me up from school and wanted me to show how Clefairy is evolving.

I'm now a 19 yo that still plays Pokémon, I had the whole Gen 1 and Gen 2 collection, but sadly I lost them.
    The games that I have now are:

- LeafGreen, FireRed, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2.

I had Heartgold and Diamond, but sadly my Diamond went lost because my Girlfriend was cleaning her room, and my Heartgold is broken and I tryed every way to fix it.

When I finally have a job again, I will be getting: Diamond and Heartgold again, and also buying Platinum and White 2. Oh dear, I'm getting off topic.

The main reason I still play Pokémon is that it is the most complexed adventure game on the DS, and there is almost no way to complete the whole game. (Or my shiny luck increases alot!)

My idea of finishing the game is:
    - Defeat every trainer
    - Find every item
    - 100% Completing the Pokédex with all things on it. (Shiny, habitat etc.)
    - Having every Pokémon level 100 and fully IV and EV trained with the right natures.

So basically, I will play Pokémon untill the day I die.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

I play it because I find it fun and addicting. it also kills time between Team Fortress 2 and CS: S.

For One reason and one reason only..FUN

^ Pretty much this for me too D8 It's fun. It makes me happy and I like playing it. Dun really need a reason besides that do I? ;P
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Skevengal View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there was already a thread for this but I'm not sure where it is. I'm just curious as to why people play Pokemon. It definitely is entertaining but what makes it stand out from other games?
    Because I like it.

I don't usually take much interest in games, when I do I usually finish them quickly and never play them again...except maybe one time 5 years later for 5 minutes until I get bored, with Pokemon I can play it for a longer period of time(Still finish the main part and post part of the game quickly enough but there's a lot you can do with Pokemon). I stop playing eventually until the next game out but I replay the game more often and don't get bored as quickly as other games.

I've also been playing since the start so I'm already adjusted to it, it follows the same formula so I have no reason to stop, some don't like games doing the same thing all the time, I do though. Despite following the same formula each game comes out with something new, and having been playing from the start I enjoy seeing how Pokemon evolves itself.

I've also watched the Anime so I have the franchise in my mind more overall compare to games that only have the games to go off of.

Plus the type of game Pokemon is, I don't really know any other kind of games out there that are like it, all I can think of is Digimon and some other game that I don't know the name of and the former seems to have died down and the latter I haven't played since I was a little kid and don't really know what it's condition is. Pokemon is also a game that really anyone can play, it's targeted towards little kids but anyone can play it so long as they have an interest in the type of game. Other games have a smaller audience be it for little girls, boys, teens, adults, etc...So games like that only last for so long for a person, Pokemon lasts forever.

Pokemon is simply one of the few games that I can play and enjoy throughly, one I'll be able to enjoy forever, one I don't need to worry about taking a drastic change in formula(Having the side games helps this out as they can keep the same formula for the main games and do different things for the side games), one that I've been playing since the start and want to continue to play until the dead I or it dies(Hoping for that latter as I don't want to miss a generation D: )

Pokemon just worked for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Actually my psychologist told me to on my last visit to her xD

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

I love collecting things and I love monsters and I love elemental powers. Pokemon has all of these things. Oh and I also have a big fascination with myths/legends/fairy tales and those sorts of things, which again, Pokemon has :P

It may not be the best at these things in my opinion, but it does very well.

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

Adventure, mathematics, and to attempt to get some money out of the game.lol

the plots have one basic idea, beat the evil and become a pokemon master, yet even so GameFreak still finds a way to make them interesting.

calculating the damage calculation, and it helps with my preparation for algebra.

as for the money, 3 words for you- VGC. lol

Pokemon has always been my escape from reality. It's sweet, simple, and I'm pretty good at it. I really like animals too, so collecting virtual pets is a very fun process for me, which is where the habit of my nicknaming all my Pokemon came from. Not only that, but there is a bit of a nostalgic factor with it. All video games are a link to my childhood, which is why I find so much comfort in them after a stressful day.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Its pretty much what I play... and it has been part of my childhood and growing up along with it.. :P

I mostly play it for fun and I sometimes feel motivating too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skevengal View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there was already a thread for this but I'm not sure where it is. I'm just curious as to why people play Pokemon. It definitely is entertaining but what makes it stand out from other games?
    I just play it for the hell of it.

It doesn't stand out from other games.

I play it because I always have done. I've spent 15yrs playing the games, why should I stop now?

i play it because i like the whole concept

it helps me unwind with its simple storyline and doesn't require much thinking.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

Mostly to kill off time, but I do improove my english by playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Mostly to kill off time, but I do improove my english by playing it.
    Yes, too much time and pokemon :3

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

I play Pokemon because it kills the feel called boredom.

It's the best RPG game that ever existed, and possibly one of the best games to be ever made. It really energizes your brain: you use strategy, memory and knowledge to win. You figure out what types are super-effective or not very effective against whatnot. You really feel like you're on a journey when you start from Gen III, transfer Pokemon from III to IV to V to whatever comes in the future. It's a timeless classic that keeps it's tradition throughout every game to be ever released.

Not only that, the anime is fun to watch and follow in terms of story.

'Cause it's fun, duh! XD

Also 'cause of the soundtrack and looking at the pokedex when I'm just plain bored.

because I can.

Because it's fun and relaxing.

Because it generally takes a lot longer to get to the end of the game than other games and there are so many different ways to play it

Basically a never ending story. Right when you catch them all, they come out with a new region. xD
    FC White: 1893 6509 3199.

Looking for:

Can Offer: Anything I'm not looking for.

Can infect with Pokerus.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast