Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you play Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by lynx17 View Post
    Basically a never ending story. Right when you catch them all, they come out with a new region. xD
    I can't catch them all quick enough, and then *poof* the new region comes out xD

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

i play pokemon because it gives me something to do and be competetive about.

I play Pokemon because I like the game. There are no other reasons that I play Pokemon. It's like people who play CoD. They play it because they like it.

RAWK ON

Because their fun games and I enjoy them.

I play it because I like the story line and it gives me something to work on when I am bored.
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

I am soooo very addicted to it. That is why.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

I play it because I liked it back when I was in school. And back then, it helped me get over my parent's divorce. The game has gotten better over time. I just play it now for nostalgia, I guess. I learned lots of people my age play it too, so that's why I've still been playing.

When people ask me why I play Pokemon, there are three main reasons:

1) I love RPGs. And you get to pick from now more than 650 Pokemon in that RPG. And they all can be customized with over 30+ moves a piece.

2) What other RPG can you create your own party and battle it out with friends?

3) And with a few other exceptions, how the hell else can I train up a bunch of massive dragons to take over the world?!
    http://www.xtmmo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    It's the best RPG game that ever existed, and possibly one of the best games to be ever made. It really energizes your brain: you use strategy, memory and knowledge to win. You figure out what types are super-effective or not very effective against whatnot. You really feel like you're on a journey when you start from Gen III, transfer Pokemon from III to IV to V to whatever comes in the future. It's a timeless classic that keeps it's tradition throughout every game to be ever released.

Not only that, the anime is fun to watch and follow in terms of story.
    Agreed.
    Lets hope for a gen 6 shall we?
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott will not evolve. If you are part of the 2% that believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by PrinceGray) for Ash! XD

Also,vote for Pikachu cuz' it's freakin' awesome!

"This is it. This is your story."
    -Auron

I've been playing Pokemon since it came out in North America and I love it. Plain and simple. My life to this point would be dramatically different without Pokemon.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

To escape reality

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

It's kinda hard to say. Sure it's fun, but why? I must go back..back..back to the beginning. I started watching the TV show in the late 90's. I got the game because I wanted to have my own adventure. I still enjoy that adventure, so I still play the game.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Why?

Um...when I was...5, I discovered the Pokemon Anime. During Memorial Day, my buddy came over, bringing his DS (this was at age 7) and Pokemon DPPt. I looked at the screen and went, "HEY, THERE'S AN EMPOLEON IN THERE." So a few months later, I got my DS Lite, got PMD, played, was happy. Then I got HGSS. This game I loved. Auto-running...Awesome. It was just...so fun. I play Pokemon for no other reason than "it's fun". It's a way to make the anime realistic...in a pixely way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    I can't catch them all quick enough, and then *poof* the new region comes out xD
    That's probably more accurate. xD
    FC White: 1893 6509 3199.

Looking for:

Can Offer: Anything I'm not looking for.

Can infect with Pokerus.

I play cus its great and i love it. Its a great franchise has its ups and downs but overall i love it. I also love shiny hunting and all the other little things haters dont see.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I play it because of the adventure. In the beginning, I just wanna pit Pikachu vs Sandshrew due to the cartoon show. It was like, so much possibly. I thought there was only 150 pokemon in existence and only 150. Oh how naive I was. Then came the 2nd generation and the possibility has gotten larger. I was pitting 1st generation against 2nd generation in pokemon stadium. Then the 3rd generation came out. The fourth generation, and 5th generation. I don't think I'll ever stop playing.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    That is exactly what happened to me with 5th Generation. XD
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

... it's that DAMN Victini that got me to get Black! I can't help but to be able to say "I have an event Pokémon".

Because i enjoy it

I play Pokemon because since I was 4 years old when the first episodes came out, I loved it, now even though I'm 18, Pokemon still strives to deliver one of the best rpg experiences ever XD I also play because it is highly addictive :P

I guess I'm playing Pokémon because it was the first video game I've ever played.
    And I think it's the first game I've ever played because I liked the anime as little kid.

Perhaps its the fact its the one rpg I can actually play for hours on end and not get sick of it (and also the first video game I played as a kid). Its also probably the fact that pokemon is the one series that seems untainted by the scourge of modernity and that its not dark, depressing, in the cold, cruel, and unforgiving world.
    Friend code: 4897 7047 8708

I play pokemon because of the pokemon... There are so many choices to make your team with, and pretty much any team will be able to beat the game. It makes it so much less linear than a standard RPG (even though pokemon's story is always linear), because different people always have trouble with different gyms/elite 4 members, etc.
    Also the multiplayer aspect is awesome. It's great to have other people who play the game with you to trade with and brag to.

Pokemon White friend code: 0648 2224 4895
    Pokemon White 2 friend code: 1550 3078 1849

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
    Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    Goodbye Susan. Goodbye my dear."
    -The First Doctor

I like Pokemon because it is fun. I like the idea of living in a world full of these animal that have powers and having them battle to see whose the best.

FC: 2406-6166-3485 IGN: Emerald

Quote Originally Posted by pokeram View Post
    Why?

Um...when I was...5, I discovered the Pokemon Anime. During Memorial Day, my buddy came over, bringing his DS (this was at age 7) and Pokemon DPPt. I looked at the screen and went, "HEY, THERE'S AN EMPOLEON IN THERE." So a few months later, I got my DS Lite, got PMD, played, was happy. Then I got HGSS. This game I loved. Auto-running...Awesome. It was just...so fun. I play Pokemon for no other reason than "it's fun". It's a way to make the anime realistic...in a pixely way.
    Haha thi is me in a nutshell!! I lov your comment
    Pokemon Black 2 Team

Pokemon White Team

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast