Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aradis Chronicles: Quest for the Sacred Gems [Discussion Thread, Rated PG-13]

Default Aradis Chronicles: Quest for the Sacred Gems [Discussion Thread, Rated PG-13]

This thread has been approved by Kamotz.

TVTropes pages for this RP:

The RP

The Characters

Aradis Chronicles: Quest for the Sacred Gems

According to legend, a long time ago there was only gods who lived on the world of Aradis. There were three major gods: Terra, the god of the earth, elements, and all things physical, Anima, the goddess of magic, morality, and all things ethreal, and their father, a being only known in lore as "The Original". After The Original created Terra and Anima, they then created the minor gods. Terra's creations were Ignis, god of fire, Aqua, goddess of water, Ventus, god of wind, Solum, god of earth, and Tonitrui, god of lightning. Anima's creations were Lux, goddess of light, Nox, god of darkness, Mentem, god of the mind, and Tempus, god of time.

And yet, even after creating the minor gods, the two major god were still not satisfied. And so, is it said that they created life on the world of Aradis, and along with it, the final two minor gods, Vita, the goddess of life and nature, and Spiritus, goddess of spirits, death, and the afterlife. They were happy..for a time. However, they soon came to realize that these creatures were not ideal, as for every good deed that was enacted was a sin that countered it. So, Terra and Anima left the world and put the minor gods, now known as the Patrons, in charge of looking after the world. But when they left, as a parting gift they created the Divine Gems, which had the power to either bring a golden age of properity or thrust the world into chaos. Of these gems, there was also the Sacred Gems, which held the power of the the god themselves; however, they were sealed away, for generations far in the future who are much more prepared for their power to use...

At least, that's what the history books say. The land of Aradis as it is now is a land inhabited by four races: The Humans, Gaians, Psyclos, and Velox. Aradis' technology is mostly similer to that of Earth's in the mid-1800's, but many advancements have been made over the past few decades thanks to the Divine Gems. These gems come in many different colors, and are used for three main purposes: a power source, enchanments, and direct magic. Some gems are used essentially as batteries to power steampunk technology, except unlike batteries they never run out of power (they can give something a certain amount of power at a constant rate, but never give any more, or any less). Others are expended to give items special powers related to said gem. While lastly others are used more directly for spell casting.

Recently, there have been rumors of geologists descoving a large Divine Gem some where on the edge of Aradis. Some belive it to be one of the Sacred Gems spoken of in legend. Due to the rumors, the Parliment of Aradis has hired several able-bodied mercenaries (or anyone else willing to go) to investigate this. You, as the player, are one of the people who either was hired or volunteered to go and investigate this large gem at the edge of Aradis. Little does either you or the Parliment know, that the events that will take place there will change the history of Aradis...forever.

Spoiler:- The Land of Aradis:

Spoiler:- Races:

Spoiler:- Gems:

Spoiler:- Classes:

Rules:

1. All standard Serebii rules apply. Redundant to say, but whatever.
    2. No godmodding, or bunnying. It ruins the fun for everyone else.
    3. PLEASE avoid making a Mary Sue character. Characters who only have positive traits and are perfect in every way are just boring.
    4. If you are a duel class, you shouldn't be as effective in both classes as someone who's only using one class.
    5. You are allowed to have up to two characters. No more than two though; don't want there to be too many characters.
    6. Posts should start with this:
    (Insert Name Here)
    (Insert Race Here, Insert Class Here)
    (Insert Location Here)

Here's an example:
    Billy Mays
    Human Knight
    WhoCaresville, Aradis

7. Have a good time ladies and gentlemen.

Spoiler:- Accepted Characters:

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Yaaaaay~ We final get a Discussion thread!

So, what should we talk about first?

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

From stalking VM conversations, I found out we'll be splitting into two groups (One with Richter, one with Harvey.) How will that work out? (Meaning, who's going with who.)

I'll likely have Leo and Lirea in seperate groups.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Yuri's either going to follow Leo or Feli. Depending on which Relationship develops faster.

Credit to EG for Banner.

I've contemplated on it, and I think Avenger is probably right about splitting the cast. It'd be easier and be for the best. By the way, I (finally) posted so you guys can all post now.

I'd like to keep the girls together but... that may not work out well. xD
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

Yea, it might not, and if Yuri's in an all guy group...

THing's wont go well.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Well ultimately you are the one who decides where your characters goes. Also in case you haven't noticed I added the TVTropes pages to the top of the front page of this thread for easier ascess to them.

Yeah, as I mentioned to Billy before, character interaction is key in an RP. But I just feel cramming everyone together makes for a mess. I had this issue with an RP on another forum where it was expected for the entire cast to travel together. It was a nightmare. It's great to have maybe a group of three or four together, but anything higher means people either aren't going to move anywhere, or they're going to have to rely on one of two options: bunnying people into moving along with them, or just plain separating from the group entirely.

I think Billy's idea of splitting the group into two should work fine.

Yea, that's the most reasonable.

*Smiles and tries not to blow up*

Credit to EG for Banner.

No idea which group Halt will go with, maybe the one lead by Harvey. Also, on a slightly more needed note, how do I trope? On the TV trope page?
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Heh, pretty easy actually. XD You go to the "edit" page first (You need an account to actually edit), then to add a trope, just put a "*" then a space, followed by the trope you want to put, but sticking the words together, the first letter of each word should be capitalized. For instance, soemthing like this:

* PlayingWithFire

Yup, one line for each individual trope. XD

As for Feli...would be funny if Cynthia were in her group. XD Girl's in deep trouble and the facade has to be exposed sooner or later so there will still be time to trust her. XD

On tropes...I think we have enough people for two Four-Temperament Ensembles...one for the girls and one for the guys. XD Who's who? XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Sanguine (blood):Yuri

Choleric (yellow bile): Richard

Melancholic (black bile):Harvey?

Phlegmatic (phlegm)*:?

My Guesses for the guys... I don't see any Phlegmatic characters yet IMO.

Credit to EG for Banner.

There could be a Leukine though. XD

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Quote Originally Posted by CandleReaper View Post
    Sanguine (blood):Yuri, Leo, Emna?

Choleric (yellow bile): Richard, Halt?

Melancholic (black bile):Harvey? Ian?

Phlegmatic (phlegm)*:?

My Guesses for the guys... I don't see any Phlegmatic characters yet IMO.
    :P

I haven't either. None of the guys are that shy. :/

Oh wait! What about that Ranger kid! He could be Plegmatic.

Well, here's what Sanguine is: Extroverted and people-oriented. Exhibits optimism, compassion, good cheer, a love of fun, enthusiasm. On the flip side, they may be impulsive, self-indulgent, wear their hearts on their sleeves, or even be a space case. Corresponds to the element of air. Can often be a Genki Girl / Keet, The Pollyanna, or if female a more plucky/out-going Proper Lady.

I think that fit's Yuri the best, he is the Keet after all. Though, I do see traits of both Leo and Enma in their.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Coleric? Excuse me? I must be missing something here...anyways, I should post tonight. if not, tomorrow morning
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Heh, Phegmatic is the problem among the guys, huh? XD How about the girls...I got the strange feeling that most, if not all of them, are Choleric to some extent. XD

Also...we don't have Ms. Fanservice yet! Is it Lirea...just to make the fanservice duo Mon's characters? XD

Richter (Not Richard CandleReaper, Richter) would probably fit Choleric the best, although I think he'd also be a mix of Leukine as well. As for Harvey, I don't know. I guess he is some what Melancholic, but I think he is a bit of Sanguine too.

So for best fits, I think it'd be:

Sanguine: Yuri, but I think Leo and Enma could probably qualify for this too.

Choleric: Richter, but he's more of serious tempered than arrogant.

Melancholic: Ian, and possibly Hawke too.

Phlegmatic: Uh...Cynthia maybe? That's the best I can think of, and she isn't even a guy.

...Kareena, anyone?

Well, not having gotten to TVTropes to read up on definations and what have you, I have no valuable input right now. Will post soon however.

By the way.....when did this thing get here?
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

The 12th of November, at 8:03 PM.

Why's everyone forgotten about Kareena? ;~;

She'll open up a lot more, once she gets used to everyone. She's definitely a Sanguine.

Because Kareena has a vagina. We're talking about which guys would fit, not girls.

^ AS I understand it that sums it up nicely.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast