Thread: Pokemon: The Ultimates (Discussion Thread)

Default Pokemon: The Ultimates (Discussion Thread)

(Posted with permission from...me!)

This will be our discussion thread for the RPG, found by clicking above. I wanted to try running it without a discussion thread, but I'm more comfortable with one so that I have a way to disseminate crucial information to all of you.

Spoiler:- The Plot (from the signup thread):

====== INFORMATION======

Spoiler:- Villainous Organizations:

======

Spoiler:- SHIELD and the Ultimates:

Official Rules
    1. No god-modding.
    2. Two/three character maximum.
    3. Only control your own character unless given permission otherwise by the other character's owner.
    4. No killing other OC's without their owner's permission.
    5. If you wish to make an NPC with a large part then please just state that on the sign-ups so that it doesn't get killed. Otherwise it's open season.
    6. You must have good grammar! Get a proofreader for all I care! Use the spell-check! Anything, just make sure things make sense. I can tolerate some slip-ups, but nothing on a constant basis.
    7. Please try to post at least once every 2-5 days (unless you give me a reason why you can't). Any longer than that and we might lose you or leave you behind.
    8. No making up histories for characters (even NPCs) that aren't your own.
    9. I reserve the right to kick you out of this RPG if you break one of these rules seriously enough. I will, however, give you a chance to explain or redeem yourself so it won't be a "BAM goodbye" sort of deal

Spoiler:- Accepted Players/Characters:

======

Now, From here I'll be giving out orders, information, and various plot-related need-to-knows. This'll be where you can reach everyone with pertinent information-knowing. Also, this is where you can ask questions to me and the group in general.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

To all involved:

Please let it be known whether or not you wish to continue with Pokemon: the Ultimates. It has been several weeks since the last round of active posting, and I wish to know whether or not this is worth my continued time investment. No hard feelings or bitterness, I'd just like to know.

Monsters."

I'm still interested. I'm just waiting for Niihyl.

I'm interested too. I've kind of hoped the battle on the flight deck would start, so I could have my character go and watch. But I've been formulating an idea for a post for a while now, and plan to just have him go there in advance and... uh, wait. Should be able to get that post up tomorrow.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

I, too, remain very interested but am waiting on the battle on deck to get underway so that I have something to say beyond just more of Jacklyn judging everyone and walking to the flight deck - it seems that most of the team wants to observe, and Jacklyn is not an exception. I'll ready a post in reserve, though.

I thought the battle would happen later, after Kamotz did plot... Because I thought we were working. Because... Oh.

We're fighting now.

Okay... I'll... Post then. Sorry... >.<

Edit: Derp, just realized that Kamotz okayed the battle in his post. That I never read, mainly because it was posted during my coma... Alright then, Mon, you're on.
    Last edited by Niihyl; 31st January 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

I'm interesting in continuing, I just don't have anything to post at the moment.

I'm fine with continuing, but I may have to roleplay entirely as Vincent from now on, as that's more the sort of character I'm good at writing, and I don't have the time or energy to control both of them at once. Kam, if you - or anyone else - want to take over Matt, go for it. I have other plans for Vincent, ones that tie in to my current spy-fiction obsession.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

The battle is finally underway. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    The battle is finally underway.
    Please refrain from restating the previous posts before yours. We already know what Niihyl's characters said and did. We don't need to see that again in the very next post. It's one thing to post your character's reaction. It's a completely different thing to rewrite Niihyl's post word-for-word.

This
    "Well, alright then." Scott said after Steven finished. The group was then led away by some SHIELD agents into an open arena.

The girl pulled out her Poké Balls. Which to choose? Scott had already settled on his Pokemon. He had already sent her out, and she was floating in front of him.

"Knight, come on out," the girl murmured, releasing a Gardevoir. Something was odd about it. The horn thing on it's chest was broken, and it looked...sad.

Suddenly, he heard a scream. The city! Fear! Hate! Greed! What was strange though, was that the words were only heard in his head. Could this have been the Gardevoir's thoughts?

"Shh, I'm here. I'm here," the girl whispered to her Pokemon, and the screaming stopped. Her Gardevoir also appeared to calm down. "Sorry about that," she said to everyone. "Knight's horn is broken, so he can't sense happy emotions… or turn the mind-reading off. Anyway, why don't we get started? He's fine now?" She then took her place on the battlefield. "Alright, Scott. Why don't you make the first move?"
    could easily have been rewritten as this:

"Well, alright then." Scott said after Steven finished. The group was then led away by some SHIELD agents into an open arena and they prepared for battle. Scott had already settled on his Pokemon. He had already sent her out, and she was floating in front of him.

The girl released a Gardevoir. Something was odd about it. The horn thing on it's chest was broken, and it looked...sad.

Suddenly, he heard a scream, though, the words were only heard in his head. Could that have been the Gardevoir's thoughts? The girl comforted her Pokemon and the screaming stopped. She briefly explained the psychic Pokemon's behavior, AND SCOTT HAD SOME SORT OF REACTION. She offered to let him make the first move.
    That would have been the bare minimum. You don't need to add every little thing she said. We know what she said and did. It just happened.

Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Niihyl View Post
    <OOC> Haha, no posts for a while, then suddenly a barrage of posts from two people. Battles make good post material, huh? Of course, people watching and reacting might have a pretty tough time following.

Yawn. Wow, I can't believe it. We just keep slipping out of each other's traps. I thought I had nothing to worry about, with Imprison and all. This is why I love fanfic battles, because you get to really draw out the strengths of support moves and pull off great combos, ones you don't really get to use in the games. Pokémon Battles are also nice, since the attacks and abilities are clearly defined, so that godmodding is a lot more unlikely.
    Well, it will give them more to react to I guess.

Yes, they do. That's why I like RP battles too. (As long as they don't drag on forever.) Imprison is pretty much useless in the games (Unless your Ditto, or your like me who just had to battle Bianca's Musharna with his own Musharna, and the move is used against you. <_<) but in this setting you can get away with more. (And not be limited by four moves per Pokemon)

Also, you could've Will-O-Wisped Shaana, and then Synchronize would've activated. Ruining Yawn, and still burning Knight. :P

Anyway, I'll continue tomorrow...er...later today. It's midnight in my time. Besides, someone else needs a chance to post. xD

Well, this is a 'realistic' Pokemon RPG, so I didn't think Synchronize would work that way. For mental statuses, like confusion, sleep, and infatuation maybe. But things like burn, poison, and frozen? How does a burn magically transmit over psychic wavelengths? Maketh no sense at all.

Plus, I'm thinking that Knight's ability, although here they may have more than one, is Telepathy, for communing with Ep, rather than Trace or Synchronize.

Imprison. I have never used it in the games. But here, it's pretty useful. The Will o' Wisp thing came to me while I was thinking of what to do. Yawn really threw me. Just realized that Ditto getting Imprison would be an absolute murderfest. I was originally going to pull a cheap suicidal Destiny Bond + Healing Wish/Memento gambit, but I figured we could let the battle last a little bit longer. Also, I was too lazy to log in while writing a post so that I could VM you for that.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

Whoops, sorry for the lack of posting. Yeah I'm still interested. I was just waiting for more things to happen. Especially the battle as my character (Carrie) would have just been watching the battle that was taking place on the flight deck. So I was just waiting for that to start, sorry.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

Quote Originally Posted by Niihyl View Post
    Well, this is a 'realistic' Pokemon RPG, so I didn't think Synchronize would work that way. For mental statuses, like confusion, sleep, and infatuation maybe. But things like burn, poison, and frozen? How does a burn magically transmit over psychic wavelengths? Maketh no sense at all.

Plus, I'm thinking that Knight's ability, although here they may have more than one, is Telepathy, for communing with Ep, rather than Trace or Synchronize.

Imprison. I have never used it in the games. But here, it's pretty useful. The Will o' Wisp thing came to me while I was thinking of what to do. Yawn really threw me. Just realized that Ditto getting Imprison would be an absolute murderfest. I was originally going to pull a cheap suicidal Destiny Bond + Healing Wish/Memento gambit, but I figured we could let the battle last a little bit longer. Also, I was too lazy to log in while writing a post so that I could VM you for that.
    Actually, frozen doesn't transfer. It's Poison, Burn, and Paralysis. :P The way I imagined it is that they don't actually get burned, but they still feel it's effects as if they were psychically linked to the other Pokemon, or something like that.

I often use Yawn over Hypnosis anyway because it's 100% accurate. (Hypnosis is only 60%. I assume it's because they probably have to make direct eye contact with the target.) If they stay in, they fall asleep. If they don't, I still get a free turn.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 1st February 2012 at 4:34 PM.

Sorry, just been a bit off this week. Got a post coming this weekend.

I'm bringing this back. I'm determined to.

Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    I'm bringing this back. I'm determined to.
    I'll join again if you do. :3

I'd like to think I improved a bit since I joined this... >_>