Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aradis Chronicles: Quest for the Sacred Gems [Discussion Thread, Rated PG-13]

@BM: I'm also waiting for SoulMuse in Persona. I ended up posting without him. :/ It had been two weeks already.

As for starters, I'd have to agree with the choices made.

Leo and Lirea's actual first Pokemon though would likely be Munna for Leo, (For no reason. xD) and quite possibly Feebas for Lirea. xD

I would have to say that in general vib, Halt is more like a Charizard, but with a fighting style of his, Blaziken works as well. For first pokemon...Charmander. Give it,
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

What about we use Mystery Dungeon Starter Pokemon? NONE of the STarters fit Yuri. and we'll use Sky's Starters with The Unova Starters and Axew added in. That way we'll get a lot of variety. And Yuri gets his Shinx ASAP

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Kareena is definitely an Empoleon person. I think a skill where she summons a penguin to do something will be fitting. I can see Kareena as a very penguin-y person.

I think Yuri would be a good Serperior, since he probably thinks he's "superior" to the others, because he's older. //randomlogic//

I think Torterra suits Cynthia. It knows Wood Hammer and Synthesis, but then again, it also suits Harvey.
    Then there's Meganium, a great healer, but not the best attacker.

[Not Made by Me]

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Yuri will not be even thought of next to the MOSTROSITY. (THe only Serperior I will ever love is mine, because Iris is a boss)

rant aside, It doesn't fit as he isn't Regal, and it's not a Bastard.

Also, Snvy isn't cute and childish, it's serious and hard-working.

Shinx works better, as it fits Yuri, and Luxray fits Yuriko

EDIT: The only regular starter I do see fittign Yuri is the Oshawott line....
    Last edited by Lost™; 21st November 2012 at 7:27 PM.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Yeah, well, Shinx =/= starter. And he doesn't seem very "childish" to me, considering his thoughts.

Sceptile fits Richter pretty damn well (hence why it was on his team), but Samurott fits him well too. I guess I'd pick Sceptile since I think the whole Treecko evolution line fits Richter better than Oshawott's line.

As for Harvey, I'd probably go with Emboar due to his bulk and size, as well as the fact that how the Pokedex describes Emboar's personality kinda fits Harvey's personality. So I'd say Emboar = Harvey, and Torterra = Cynthia.

@Flame Mistress - Candle was looking at the starters for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. In Explorers of Sky, Shinx is one of the options (only for male characters btw though).

White 2 Friend Code: 4127-4285-9819

@BM: Yes, I know what he was talking about, however the starters in the PMD games aren't considered to be the 'official' starters. Otherwise we'd have about thirty starters to choose from, including Gen V.

Well they ARE starters in their own games, but not in the main ones. I agree that it's different, so asking what Mystery Dungeon starter your character would be would be a different topic alltogether.

Now that I think about it...wouldn't Richter be more of a Samurott type than a Sceptile type? XD I mean...it's more...him. XD When I was looking at the starter options for Feli...there are no dog-like starters, so a slashing offensive one was in order. XD Sceptile has the most Thief-like movement and speed, with a lot of slashing moves to boot. XD

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Hey, what about Avenger Angel's character? Speaking of which, we haven't seen much of him around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Hey, what about Avenger Angel's character? Speaking of which, we haven't seen much of him around here...
    Dunno, I don't really think there's a Pokemon out there that really resembles his character in terms of a badass, cowboy guy that doesn't take crap from anyone.

In the meantime, I was wondering if it's okay for Hawke to start getting serious leads on the location of the Scared Gem. I'm not sure if Billy Mays would be okay with that, or if he has other intentions and events he'd like to address first. If so, I could have Hawke just chasing a misleading rumor, but come across something else.

Well, for Hawke...there's always...Garchomp. XD I think it's a cool, strong 'mon that fits him nicely. XD

Now...I somehow got myself into this...birth chart thing and I found it quite fun to do. XD I can do this for all the characters. XD Just fill out this form. XD As there was no year specified for the RP...I just assumed 1858. Correct me if I'm wrong, Billy. XD

Name:
    Birth date:
    Time of birth (24-hour format):
    City/country (imagine where your character would probably be born in the real world):

Example:

Name: Felicja Milena Łukaszewicz
    Birth date: 11 November 1835 (If we're following 1858)
    Time of birth (24-hour format): 23:44
    City/country: Krakow, Poland
    Last edited by *Jean Grey*; 23rd November 2012 at 1:30 AM.

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Here are their certificates.

Name: Cynthia Viridian
    Birth Date: June 27, 1831
    Time of birth: 19:19
    City/Country: Munich, Germany

Name: Enma Sarutobi
    Birth Date: April 19, 1833
    Time of birth: 8:26
    City/Country: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

[Not Made by Me]

Name: Kareena Evelyne Aslantin (yep, Evelyne is her middle name)
    Birth Date: January 13th, 1841
    Time of Birth: 23:07
    City/Country: Glasgow, Scotland

Okay, let me correct myself: Kareena has a half-Scottish, half-London accent (yes, there's a difference between the two) - she picked up the Scottish accent from the servants and the London accent from her father... or something. Her mother is also the Aradis equivalent of Scandanavian.

Name: Leonardo Valentino Silverstone
    Birthday: July 23 1840
    Time: 12:00
    Country/City: Milan, Italy/London, England/United States

Leo's ancestry is a strange one. He's part Italian (First and middle name, though I might change the middle name later...) and part British, (Silverstone is British. I had no idea until now) both from his father's side. Yet, his accent is of neither of those countries.

I'll do Lirea's later, when I decide on it. :/

If the calender was the same in Aradis, I'd like to think it is right about that time, so you are pretty much right on that one Jean. Maybe a few years later though, like during the American Civil War perhaps (1860-1865). But yeah, 1858 will suffice.

Uh...might as well do this I guess. Seems a little silly to me though.

Name: Richter Ralleigh Redheart (Mmmhm, his Middle Name starts with an R too.)
    Birthday: January 7, 1830
    Time: 01:57
    Country/City: Oxford, England

Name: Harvey James Kingrock
    Birthday: August 11, 1836
    Time: 18:12
    Country/City: New Orleans, United States

EDIT: By the way, if SoulMuse doesn't post by tomorrow I'm just going to move on, we've waited long enough for this to start.
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 23rd November 2012 at 12:45 AM.

And here's the first batch. XD I can't post the pics because they're big....but you can click the links to view them. XD Look at the tiny dots to see where the planets really are. The glyphs and black lines just help you by pointing to their locations in the wheel. Look at the side key to see where in the Zodiac the planets are. XD

Richard: Pretty crowded around the Capricorn, with 3 planets in there aside from the Sun.
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...xx-d5lz9fe.jpg

Harvey: Pretty crowded in Leo. In terms of Sun and Moon sign, he's seriously a double-Leo. XD
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...xx-d5lz9h3.jpg

Cynthia: Despite not having the sun in Leo, she does have 3 planets in there too. XD What's with Leos? XD
    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...xx-d5lz9i4.jpg

Enma: Double-Aries right here. XD Also, 3 other planets in Aries aside from that. XD
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...xx-d5lz9jw.jpg

Leo: One of the more spread-out ones here. Two planets in Leo aside from the Sun.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...xx-d5lz9l9.jpg

Kareena: Also pretty evenly-spread, though more towards the last 4 signs.
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...xx-d5lz9lw.jpg

Felicja: Probably the most insane-looking one. XD
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...xx-d5lz9ng.jpg

Name: Yuriko Shizakuji Wisteria (I just have to.)
    Birth date: December 24, 1682 (Holy...)
    Time of birth (24-hour format): 03:22
    City/country (imagine where your character would probably be born in the real world): Kyōto, Japan.

Credit to EG for Banner.

@JG: That's cool alright, but... what's it supposed to mean? =S

Heh, there's a corresponding meaning to the planet in each sign. XD Just google it. XD It shows her sun sign and moon sign too, just look for where the crescent (moon) symbol is and where the circle with a dot (sun) symbol is. XD

How do you guys think the groupings will go? There should be two groups of 6-man squads, the leaders being Richter and Harvey.

Richter

Harvey

Lemme know what you guys think and where you guys would want your characters to go. (I'll just keep track here)
    Last edited by SenorLaughsaLot; 25th November 2012 at 4:00 AM.

[Not Made by Me]

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. We can think about who is going where when the time comes. Besides, it's ultimately the choice of each person to decide who goes where.

Ahh, sorry, I guess I am. I just realized I'm controlling others.
    Again, I apologize. I'll remove the ideas.

[Not Made by Me]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast