Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proudest or biggest personal achievement in the Pokemon games.

Default Proudest or biggest personal achievement in the Pokemon games.

I'm sure everyone has certain goals or achievements they have done in the present or past Pokemon games. It could be having a living shiny dex, living legend/event dex or some lofty goal by accumulating various items in the game ETC. Is anyone here in the process of gong through such a achievement or has already reached it?

My biggest personal achievement was completing a complete foreign Pokemon dex back in Pokemon X. It took several months but i managed to fill out all the normally evolving Pokemon in my savefile. I was trying to fill out all the foreign legendary Pokemon but only got around to 10-20% of the foreign legendary Pokemon. I didnt start off with that goal right away but i ended up doing it to pass the time until gen7 came out. I also did breed out full sets (2-3 spares each) in Pokemon OR in both Italian and Korean languages to help me get a good start whenever i do a similar task in future games.
    Last edited by nel3; 12th June 2017 at 2:46 AM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I would say maxing out my Plaza rank, but I'm only at 969. Got 30 more rank ups to go. In the meantime, I guess my proudest achievement is that my first ever battle team is half-shinies. Not only that but 100% legit too. No hacks. No clones. No nothing. In the house hatch-and-raise breeding. Only exception to the in-house thing is that I always have a foreign Pokemon in the pair to do the MM method.
    Proud member of the...

Credit to NintendoFan82 for this banner <3

i would love to max out my plaza level too but im going at a pace that is rather leisurely. if i can get to lvl 450 i'll be happy enough to get that far but i'll get closer to 999 if its possible.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I once beat Crystal in less than 24 game time before and that time includes climbing Mt. Silver to challenge Red and defeat him.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Actually completing the entire national dex in Y, 720/720, and getting the shiny charm. Something I hadn't been able to do in any of the other games I'd played before.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Getting all 1.5 million points in the Poke Finder
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Probably not as great as I once thought it was, but I once beat the elite 4 on a nuzlocke with an Oddish after all my other Pokémon had died.
    Defeated by the world and I'm only 19.

- Kicking Whitney's ***.
    - Kicking Cynthia's ***.
    - Defeating the Elite Four and Champion with only one pokemon (it was Arceus, but it was still pretty sweet).

Logging in 857 hours on Pokemon X. I was hoping to max out the clock, but this is close enough.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Hmm, I'll list a few that felt good for me.

- Beating my first champion. I won against Steven with only an underlevelled Uxie that had Future Sight, Extrasensory, something else (it was a psychic move but my mind has gone blank) and Yawn, plus a Rocky Helmet, that won on just 48hp and no potions. It was a legendary, but still...

- Completing my first Nuzlocke. I tried out an X Wonderlocke, and I'd actually say that it was really good from the moment I had both a Bred Garchomp and a Bred Mawile on my team. I only got three deaths (RIP Plusle, Mightyena and Aurorus), so that was really great. I also asked a friend if they could trade me a Mawilite from their ORAS copy so I guess the game was won from there. Also the fact that without grinding at all my Mawile still ended up at level 82 by the time I reached Diantha. So this wasn't really a massive achievement I guess? Oh idk.

- Not losing a single battle in Moon. It was a super-challenging game, but I still pulled through at every battle somehow. I'd say that the best incident was when I battled Olivia and beat her level 27 Midnight Lycanroc with my level 22 Carbink by using three Sharpens and some Smack Downs. Also when I beat the champion with my last move being from my Carbink. Yes, a lot of these involve my Carbink, but since it was essentially my team's practical joke it made those times glorious.

- My first shiny. This was very recent, but I got my first shiny in the form of Togedemaru through SOS a couple of weeks ago. It appeared in only 35 ~ 36 encounters, but still took me three hours because the Togedemarus just wouldn't call for help at all. So when the little pink cutie showed up I had to stop myself from yelling.

- Making theories. This isn't an achievement within the games, but I've thought up several theories about Pokemon that have made me really proud of myself because they're actually pretty decent!

- Beating Maylene in Platinum. My Houndoom was the only thing that could take down her Lucario. It uses Force Palm, Houndoom lives on 4hp and lands a Fire Blast. That was a good day for me.

- Beating Cyrus in Platinum. I won against him with a team that had levels from 37 to 41. Idk how I did it, but it felt good.

Yeah that's all I can think of for now.
    Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 14th June 2017 at 9:21 AM.
    Banner by me!

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

On Moon I caught Necrozma in a Beast Ball and on my first Pearl play through I beat Byron only because his Bastidon knocked itself out from Struggle.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    On Moon I caught Necrozma in a Beast Ball and on my first Pearl play through I beat Byron only because his Bastidon knocked itself out from Struggle.
    The latter must've been a rather boring battle to wait until Bastiodon uses Struggle
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

For me, that would be an odd list. Such as soloing generation V's Pokémon league with the following (by solo, I mean I beat the entire league with only one Pokémon):
    Gliscor
    Skarmory
    Haxorus
    Durant
    I thought I would have remembered more of the Pokémon I did this with when I stared typing this, but I am blanking on most of them at the moment. I did it nearly 100 times with over a dozen different Pokémon during BW / BW2.

Of course, having a living Pokedex (including all events) starting in generation VI. Currently working on a second to keep in generation VI games for replayable shiny charm obtaining / shiny hunting.
    Also, having at least one of all possible shiny legendary Pokémon (at least two of nearly all of them). I enjoy collecting them, and if any generation VII legendaries are not shiny locked in USUM, then I shall get them as well.
    Hatching many 5 IV shinies starting in generation VI. I enjoy breeding useful shinies of my own.
    Here are a few others: Total SR's for a shiny legend record--3 SR's (4 encounters). Total eggs hatched for a shiny MM hunt record: 2 eggs.

I may edit this because I find this thread interesting. I appreciate everyone else's accomplishments, and I am glad that others like going for them as well.
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    The latter must've been a rather boring battle to wait until Bastiodon uses Struggle
    its an interesting struggle to do such a feat. i got the elite 4 toucannon to struggle to death when i was leveling up the Suicune i got from GTS and another pkmn i was trying to lvl up. yeah sure it was boring burning up hyper potions but i pressured it to death and put in the pkmn that i initially tried to KO toucannon with to receive the last struggle. its a good feeling to do that even though the game doesnt care about it.

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

On top of my head:

- Getting 242 Medals in B2/W2
    - Completing the Regional and National Dex in every game (except S/M for National), and the National Dex on Bank (missing Marshadow of course, but I'll get it once it is out)
    - Learning and mastering Entralink RNG in B/W, one of my most hardcore Pokemon moments ever. Sadly, I only got to RNG 4 Pokemon using it, but those turned out amazing
    - Somewhat similar, learning and mastering regular RNG in Generations 4 & 5, getting all those perfect Pokemon was a dream coming true
    - Beating the Battle Facilities in most games, the only exeptions are the Crystal Battle Tower, the Factory in Emerald/Platinum, and the Tree in S/M (which I'm currently working on)

There's probably more but those are what I could think about right now.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

Completing and maintaining my living pokedex

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

-Completing the National Pokedex in OR/AS
    -Getting 1.5 million thumbs-up on the PokeFinder in S/M
    -Beating Red in HG/SS
    -Beating my cousin (who introduced me to Pokemon) in a battle in D/P.

I guess completing the Dex in Emerald. Or running through Platinum with only bugs. My pokemon goals are not that high.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

CleverKraken - Shop dolls, accessories, décor, and more.

“Once, or twice, in a lifetime, if you're lucky, there are moments. Someone slices the world open,
    right down the middle and you can see the sky behind it. The true world. And you understand your purpose.”
    (Frances Booth - Channel Zero; Candle Cove)

- Completing the Living Dex in ORAS, complete with every single gender/form difference. All the Pokemon are legit with my name on them, and the mythicals are all mine with the lone exception of Diancie. I got started in Pokemon right after the Diancie event ended, so I had to settle for a traded one that may or may not be legit. It looks legit, everything matches the event dex, but that's not 100% guarantee.
    - Breeding my first shiny team. I've done it four times now. I always start with all three starters from one gen and then fill out the team with whatever Pokemon I don't have shiny yet. Just have the Gen 4, 5 and 6 starters to go.
    - Reaching 100, 200 and then 300 shinies. All legit, all with my name on them. Lots of hours of horde battles, dex nav chains, sos battles and breeding. Sure I have the shiny charm but it still takes a while. This is not something I would have even bothered with if I'd been playing in the earlier games where there was no shiny charm and the chance of encountering a shiny was one in 8000.

Collecting all gold symbols in the Emerald Battle Frontier for me. I still have that save file on my Emerald cardridge with something like 750 hours logged.

Getting a 71 unbroken PokeRadar chain in Pearl for a wooper. Yeah, I was determined. Granted, it's hard to see if the grass is shaking in the rain in that game.
    New shinies week of/ 8/3-8/10: None, playing Moon
    New shinies week of 8/10-8/17: None, playing Moon

Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Moon

F/riend codes: 4571-0519-1537, 4571-0519-6173
    I still need some codes! Please add me and PM me, I'd appreciate it.
    -

Defeating Mysterial in Pokemon Battle Revolution's Master's Battle [Set 8]. Getting past the other trainers was tough enough, but then...This team is absolutely brutal...I forget how many tries it took.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 16th June 2017 at 1:10 AM.
    irreplaceable friends!
    Kek

ive had some pretty decent luck in shiny pkmn at certain times. by pure chance in pkmn X, i hatched shint timid squirtle with normal shiny odds, my first minun in a horde i came across in X was a shiny one. i got a shiny shellos by pure chance within 90 eggs (with magikarp method IE JPN primarina) while breeding out for a 5IV pkmn.

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I started a new game on Ruby and just found and caught a Shiny Wingull on Route 103! I haven't even left for Petalburg City yet I found a Shiny already! I wasn't even trying!
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Lets see...hmn.....

Getting a Lucario from Korrina? XD Does that count?....i know it happens to, like, everyone, but it's still an important part of the game for me with how much she mean's to me and stuff >.<;;;

I'm sure there's other things that meant a lot to me too though.
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    My Birthday is on August 16th! :3
    I'm a girl lol
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.
    I have autism and try to keep an open mind about things. My life can get weird.

I made this blingee of one of the most awesome pokemon EVER :3
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast