Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, realistically, if Pokemon existed in the real world would they rule?

Default So, realistically, if Pokemon existed in the real world would they rule?

If Pokemon existed in our world would Humans still be at the top? In the anime and games they (for the most part) all live in harmony and they rarely if ever use their immense powers to hurt/kill humans, but our world is nothing like that, so would it not be logical to assume in our world Pokemon would rule and as humans we'd be beneath them, with quite a few people dying from their attacks?

Considering how humans try to overtake and rule everything, I have a feeling the Pokemon would probably get fed up with us really quick..lol

Currently Playing: Pokemon X, Pokken Tournament, Animal Crossing New Leaf.
    If you send me a friend request on 3DS, PM me and let me know so I can add you back.

Very possibly, Alakazam has an IQ of 3000 so if they're benevolent we'd probably live better off being their pets or something.

Though some Pokemon seem much more receptive to humans than others. Specifically the ones that are like real life animals. Like Furfrou, which is basically a poodle. Poodles are very intelligent dogs and are also very loyal to humans.

If you send me a friend request on 3DS, PM me and let me know so I can add you back.

Pokemon are what they were designed to be, so "realistically," yes, they would still reflect the way we see them in the anime and games.

If you're looking for a reason why, these are my theories. One possibility is the ability of humans to manufacture tools and technology (especially the Pokeball) has allowed them to rise above Pokemon. An Alakazam may be as smart as a supercomputer, but it has no capability of constructing technology. This theory has a real-world example in the form of dolphins. It is suggested that dolphins may be smart enough to harness technology and begin to develop into a civilization, but living underwater has stopped them from mastering even the simplest of tools. Similar to water for dolphins, Pokemon must posses some sort of barrier that stops them from using technology.

The other possibility is that instead of humankind's intelligence that makes them dominate, it's their ability to form strategies. It is made obvious that Pokemon love to battle, and want to become stronger. It is also made clear that a Pokemon trained by a trainer is more powerful and battles better than its wild counterpart. It seems very possible that early on in history Pokemon realized the potential there is to be gained by working with humans instead of against them. The two would have quickly formed a symbiotic relationship, similar to how dogs were domesticated.

Also, a combination of the two is also possible.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Its kind of a moot point anyway. If Magcargoes are as hot as the surface of the sun then there couldn't be a planet with them that humans could live on. Not to mention all the entei's barking volcanoes, dusclops making black holes, larvitars eating mountains, Tyranitars and Gyaradoses getting angry and giving cartographers overtime by wrecking cities, mountains and rivers on rampages, Yveltal literally killing everything if it dies. And all the ghost types stealing children or generally just killing people. The pokeworld isn't really somewhere humans would survive regardless of what pokemon actually want there are too many that just end human lives by their existence long before humans could get passed the stone age.

Oh course. The only real advantage we have over animals is our intelligence...and in time, it became a steep advantage. Even the stupidest Pokemon is smart enough to memorize four moves, use items and understand human speech. That's not even getting into the legendaries; there are legit GODS in this world who are Pokemon. What hope does humanity have?!
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Oh course. The only real advantage we have over animals is our intelligence...and in time, it became a steep advantage. Even the stupidest Pokemon is smart enough to memorize four moves, use items and understand human speech. That's not even getting into the legendaries; there are legit GODS in this world who are Pokemon. What hope does humanity have?!
    Humans are doomed to destroy themselves, in the end. Because one of these days, like it or not, it's gonna happen.

Unless we somehow become the Mutants or the Inhumans, the pokemon would grind us to a pile of dust. These are creatures that level freaking cities. They can warp reality with moves like trick room.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

This reminds me of the Korean horror fanfic I read long time ago.
    It was about Pokemon turning against humans and they proceed to annihilate us.
    Now that was a great read.

Anyways, If Pokemon were real, not only humans would go extinct, but most of the pokemon species themselves would go extinct.
    My 3DS Friend code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143
    Hoping to make lots of friends!

Honestly, if the events in Canalave Library were at least somewhat involved, (the part where pokemon themselves decided to aid humans in whatever way they could) then I'd think that's what would happen. The Pokemon devote themselves to humans. Pokemon themselves wouldn't turn against us, we'd have to worry about the wrong people getting especially powerful Pokemon to shape the world to their whim.
    Last edited by Cometstarlight; 17th April 2016 at 3:19 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Realistically? Yeah, we wouldn't stand a chance against them.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

Idk, if they had to obey our world's laws of physics, biology, etc, they'd all be pretty nerfed.
    Gay and Proud.

Going by just human nature and how they want to be the dominant species everywhere for some reason, I'd say most humans would get killed, only leaving those that don't alive. Pokemon are smart creatures, so yeah, it's pretty safe to say they'd rule, at least for a while. Eventually, we could live together, but they would still rule over us. We don't stand a chance against even some fully evolved species, let alone the legends.

Living amongst Pokemon wouldn't be so bad. lol..Probably better than most of the rude and crazy people I see around my town.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Maniac Eddie View Post
    Humans are doomed to destroy themselves, in the end. Because one of these days, like it or not, it's gonna happen.
    We don't know that. All that we can be sure of is that we will go extinct one day. Even if we manage to survive climate change, nuclear war, robot uprising, supervolcanos, aliens and the horrors out in space, eventually heat death will kill everyone
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

If pokemon were real, poor animals will go extinct (hunting).

And if animals are gone, and pokemon only faint, microbes would die.

With the ecosystem in peril (as there are no microbe pokemon to replace the real deal),
    EVERYTHING living thing on the planet will go extinct, dunno about pokemon.
    My FC: 4098-4557-7957
    Poison safari, with muk, garbodor, and gloom

The Eternian Forces League Normal Gym: CLOSED
    Pokemon Aqua Gym League Flying Gym: CLOSED FOREVER R.I.P.

Grass type GYM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post
    If pokemon were real, poor animals will go extinct (hunting).

And if animals are gone, and pokemon only faint, microbes would die.

With the ecosystem in peril (as there are no microbe pokemon to replace the real deal),
    EVERYTHING living thing on the planet will go extinct, dunno about pokemon.
    It'd be worse than that; with the existence of Pokemon like Groudon and Dialga, they wouldn't just conquer the Earth; they'd literally remake the cosmos
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

Oh course. The only real advantage we have over animals is our intelligence...
    And endurance. There are very few animals that can maintain high activity levels for as long as fit humans can without rest. On plains it was even a method of hunting for various tribes, they would simply walk, unrelenting, until the animal they were pursuing became too tired to flee anymore. Wolves are among the few with similar endurance (indeed it may be one reason humans domesticated them).

<><><>

While certainly intelligent and sapient, most pokemon have either no interest in or capacity to rule over humans, including the legendaries. Not to mention how even the most powerful of them have fallen to human technologies or magics. Dialga and Palkia can be summoned and controlled to a degree, the Ultimate Weapon built by a human harnessed pokemon powers in ways pokemon never could, even Arceus was put on death's door by a meteor and later a human trap (albeit it was weakened a bit at the time in the latter case).

Its fair to say a number of pokedex entries are exaggerations or outright myths as well (i.e. Ninetales did not originate from nine human wizards fusing together).

Basically it would be a lot more likely humans would harness pokemon as weapons than that pokemon would rule over humans. Pokemon are after all most powerful when they have a trainer, and the pokemon know this and seek out human support.

Admittedly real humans are weaker than pokemon world humans, what with them having real psychics, magic users and even people able to physically fight powerful pokemon on an equal level.
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 9th June 2016 at 5:06 AM.
    The defender of all things Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    And endurance. There are very few animals that can maintain high activity levels for as long as fit humans can without rest. On plains it was even a method of hunting for various tribes, they would simply walk, unrelenting, until the animal they were pursuing became too tired to flee anymore. Wolves are among the few with similar endurance (indeed it may be one reason humans domesticated them).

<><><>

While certainly intelligent and sapient, most pokemon have either no interest in or capacity to rule over humans, including the legendaries. Not to mention how even the most powerful of them have fallen to human technologies or magics. Dialga and Palkia can be summoned and controlled to a degree, the Ultimate Weapon built by a human harnessed pokemon powers in ways pokemon never could, even Arceus was put on death's door by a meteor and later a human trap (albeit it was weakened a bit at the time in the latter case).

Its fair to say a number of pokedex entries are exaggerations or outright myths as well (i.e. Ninetales did not originate from nine human wizards fusing together).

Basically it would be a lot more likely humans would harness pokemon as weapons than that pokemon would rule over humans. Pokemon are after all most powerful when they have a trainer, and the pokemon know this and seek out human support.

Admittedly real humans are weaker than pokemon world humans, what with them having real psychics, magic users and even people able to physically fight powerful pokemon on an equal level.
    "Exaggerate?" Oh, so Kyurem freezing an entire city, Groudon igniting the sky and Dialga/Palkia on the verge of remaking the cosmos isn't something we should be concerned with?
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

Well might as well throw my two cents in on this topic.

I personally think that Pokemon existing in the real world would be one of the worst possible things to happen - let alone what they'd do if they took over. As mentioned in other responses, the amount of disasters that would take place would be awful, and while some people argue that the smaller ones would be less of a problem, to a certain extent they're right, but not by much. Like, could you imagine angering a Growlithe to the point that it attacked you? it wouldn't just bite and scratch - it could burn you to the point where not even the hospitals could do much to save you. God forbid what the more intelligent Pokemon could be capable of.

A journeyfic set in a dystopian Unova - LAST UPDATE: Chapter 3
    (Banner by me)

My FB Profile

Pokemon like Alalazam and Metagross would be mind controlling overlords. I would say Psychic types in general would probably control most other life forms except for obviously the Dark type. The world would always be on the brink of cataclysm.
    I currently have a spare UK Darkrai code if anyone is willing to trade it for a Mew code/ingame. PM me

There is just an utter logical fallacy I found everyone bringing up again and again, yet no one realized what had went wrong here.

IMO, if pokemon existed in the Real-Life, then "realistically" speaking, life will not be anything different from what we had now, or if not, then not much different from the in-game Pokeworld.

Why? Because that is just one very simple question to ask everyone here: Under the preknowledge of pokemon possess dangerous power that may result in catastrophe, who on earth with a sound mind would wanted to anger such dangerous creature, which will simply jeopardize your very own self causing more harm than good? Of course in such dynamic world there never less such human beings with unsound minds, so we need to keep such people in control, rather than keeping pokemon in control. Do not forget, Real-Life human is also not any much physically stronger than any Real-Life animals, I haven't account any wildlife animals that is completely undomesticated, just a well-trained police canine is already more than enough to severely injure you. That's why, many of the wildlife zoologists observe wild animals from afar, never approach them without firstly securing your own safety.

I do not believe in pokemons will take over human to become the dominant species of Earth. I really wanted to ask: Why people assumes pokemon wanted to dominate human beings? I think @Bguy7 basically had explained that very nicely. Please understand this, the desire of omnidominion is a sentimental specific to human beings, no Real-Life animals had ever show such desire. Also due to the limitation of physiology and knowledges and most importantly imagination, pokemons cannot outwit human beings. Alakazam having IQ of 3000? So what? That is just an ability statistics. Alakazam still cannot outwit human beings, when they had never been taught of any academic and urban-life knowledge where that helps one to form complex and creative strategies. Yeah one need to be smart in order to think quick, but one need to be knowledgeable in order to be creative.
    (Of course, in here, I also argue with the presumption that pokemon do not possess human-equivalent sentiments and mindsets)

Also, I don't think pokemon will utilize their power to endanger earth itself, despite they may have such power. Why? Ask again yourself this question: When one had clear acknowledgement that abusing your own special ability will not bring in any benefits, but oppositely causing more trouble for one's own life, do you think one will still purposelessly abusing their own abilities? Say for example, Superman possess superpower, but why is he not thinking of using his superpower maliciously for profits and own enjoyment? Because he understands that will not make his life easier than what he is now. Pokemon is not human, but still the mental logic is the same. When a Charmander acknowledged that purposelessly firing Flamethrower will simply causes conflagration, destroying its own and also many others' habitats, do you think it will still fire its flame unnecessarily?

Many people said we the Real-Life human is physically weaker than the Pokeworld human, so we will never survive if pokemon attacks us. There is another logical fallacy here. Yeah there may be psychics and super-trained fighters and aura users, but excluding the slapstick comedic effect for TV drama purpose, Pokeworld human are not immortals. No matter how strong they get, the human in Pokeworld are still able to get injured, and even death if receive fatal wound. So at the end of the day, when being attacked, survival rate of Pokeworld human is not specifically higher than Real-Life human.

So if Pokemon does exist realistically, then really IMO nothing much of our current life will be change. Human beings must just then need to learn to accommodate themselves to the pokemons if one wanted to survive. Actually, I think human beings might become even more of a natural conservationist, because the survival instinct of human beings will prevent one to harm the nature aka harming the pokemons. The world may be more harmonious than what our Real-Life world is currently.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

Let's face it...humans are only in charge in the world of Pokemon because the narrative demands it, and this isn't some sort of nightmarish dystopia where we're enslaved to monsters
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:

Let's face it...humans are only in charge in the world of Pokemon because the narrative demands it, and this isn't some sort of nightmarish dystopia where we're enslaved to monsters
    If I could like your comment in the same way you can on Youtube videos, then I would - because this is practically the only thing keeping Pokemon from completely destroying characters in the franchise. I feel that the manga Tomodachi X Monster shows what this would be like best - I really recommend reading that if you really want a good idea of what having a killer monster would be like in the real world.

A journeyfic set in a dystopian Unova - LAST UPDATE: Chapter 3
    (Banner by me)

My FB Profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast