Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 197

Thread: Missed Mega Evolution Opportunities

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    564

    Default Missed Mega Evolution Opportunities

    There are a decent number of mega evolutions that currently exist out there. Some seem unnecessary, others seem random, and the rest seem completely warranted. Among the three main reasons a Pokémon is granted a mega evolution are existing popularity, renewing popularity, or necessary battle boost.

    But this thread is not to discuss or complain about existing mega evolutions; it's to wonder why certain Pokémon didn't get one while others did. I'm sure most will say something regarding Blaziken versus the other Hoenn starters or Charizard and the other Kanto starters. That's fine as long as you think you have a point. Don't just complain. I'm here to tell you that I don't want you to come here and simply type out the name of a Pokémon you like and wished had a mega evolution. I want actual reasonings for why you think a Pokémon didn't get one.

    My first example: I think Dragonite didn't get one because they couldn't come up with a name for his stone. They can't just call the stone "Dragonite" or "Dragonitite." I mean, I guess they could. I just don't think they would. Regardless, Dragonite is one of the obvious choices for a mega evolution based on his large popularity in Kanto which, to me, never seemed to truly fade. I still think it is the most popular pseudo-legend out there. Yet, Garchomp received a mega evolution and Dragonite did not. I think it is because of the developers' inability to come up with a name for Dragonite's mega stone. But hey, I could be wrong.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    Reminder that the name of Gardevoir's Mega Stone in Japanese is Sirknightnite.

    I pretty much think that Gen 5 was cheated regarding the whole Mega Evolution thing. I think that Pokémon such as Druddigon and Bisharp could have benefitted from a Mega Evolution, Bisharp is pretty popular from what I've seen and a boost in power and defense wouldn't make it obscenely OP, and there is so much they could have done for Druddigon. Its design is perfect for modifying into a Dragon/Fighting type, which would give it STAB on almost every move it learns. I reallt wouldn't care if Gen 5's attempt at replicating Lucario's popularity [Zoroark] doesn't get one in the future, seeing as there would possibly be programming difficulties with Illusion.
    I can agree to that. Maybe Unova Pokémon weren't granted megas because they wanted to refresh the player's mind of the older generations. There are flaws in that logic but it's the only thing I can think of with any credibility. Maybe we'll see new megas soon (sequels/third game) that include Unova Pokémon. I hope so because Bisharp is such a cool Pokémon with a unique typing but any Fighting type move is like a boot stepping on an ant.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Summoning Missingno
    Posts
    170

    Default

    I agree, especially with some of the megas. Tyranitar and Aggron didn't really need mega forms, they're good enough as is, but they overlooked others who desperately needed it, such as Qwilfish or Carnivine, who never seemed 'finished' to me. Also, there weren't any 4th gen megas, further indicating it was to remind people of the older gens. Thirdly, why Gardevoir but not Gallade?
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Time zone- London-GMT
    Showdown alt: Delta-Omega
    RIP Crusade's Order
    May the memories of it last many times longer than the guild.
        Spoiler:- VO stuff:

    Currently taking challenges for challenge runs on Pearl, Platinum, White and White 2 versions.

  4. #4

    Default

    Game Freak's reasoning is moot to begin with; any Pokemon could have fallen into any of those 3 categories. To me, the only Pokemon that are intentionally given mega evolution are the three Kanto starters and Mewtwo, mainly to reignite the nostalgia among older fans. The rest weren't so much a result of choosing one over another using some sophisticated criteria, but more to do with releasing content by batches and opening up opportunities for future speculation (such as this thread).

    In an alternate reality it could have been Lapras, or Sunflora, or Jirachi, or Garchomp etc. and you'll still be asking why not the others with nothing conclusive in the end.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder1604 View Post
    but they overlooked others who desperately needed it, such as Qwilfish or Carnivine, who never seemed 'finished' to me.
    No, those Pokemon don't need Mega Evolutions, they need regular evolutions. I think a lot of people have forgotten about that with the advent of Gen 6; with the whole "1 mega per team" rule, a lot of Pokemon that got Mega Evolutions didn't benefit that much due to being inferior to other Megas (I'm looking at you, Mega Banette). So there's a lot of Pokemon who would appreciate just getting a standard, permanent evolution instead, given it would also make their initial forms more viable as well (Bulky Intimidate Eviolite Qwilfish anyone?).

    Mega Evolutions were all about hype. Hence giving Mega Evolutions primarily to a lot of popular Pokemon, and having Charizard and Mewtwo be the only ones to get two. But I also think people forget that just because a certain Pokemon didn't get Mega Evolutions in the first two versions of Gen 6 doesn't mean they won't get Mega Evolutions later. The discovery of Mega Latios and Mega Latias in the game's code certainly proves this point. We don't know that third versions, sequels, remakes, or even subsequent generations won't have additional Mega Evolutions added. It's very plausible.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Swagikarp Village
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder1604 View Post
    I agree, especially with some of the megas. Tyranitar and Aggron didn't really need mega forms, they're good enough as is, ?
    Erm...no.

    But on topic I to wish Gallade got a mega...I suppose it was either him or Medicham though...
    Click the dragons & Eggs
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Missed mega evolution opportunities? How about all of Gen. 5 for starters? Don't think that needs an explanation.
    Current Y Team:


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Tohjo Falls
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    I don't think Abomasnow needed one, but Infernape surely did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Lapras, or Sunflora, or Jirachi, or Garchomp etc.
    Garchomp already has one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    Especially Focus Blast, which is why I hope if a Mega Bisharp is introduced it gets Bulletproof as its Ability.
    I'm all for Bulletproof except it would only really save it from Focus Blast and Aura Sphere which, granted, that would benefit immensely, but I feel as though Sturdy could push it that extra mile. Maybe even give it's mega a shield and Stance Change. Idk. Your idea has merit for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder1604 View Post
    I agree, especially with some of the megas. Tyranitar and Aggron didn't really need mega forms, they're good enough as is, but they overlooked others who desperately needed it, such as Qwilfish or Carnivine, who never seemed 'finished' to me. Also, there weren't any 4th gen megas, further indicating it was to remind people of the older gens. Thirdly, why Gardevoir but not Gallade?
    Except for Garchomp. Otherwise, you're right. It is more than likely a nostalgic selling point. How else could they revive Mewtwo AND make it the strongest Pokémon in existence again to the players that remember it that way? They found a way. But yes, unfinished Pokémon are those Pokémon that I would think should get one but maybe Game Freak decided the popularity was just far too low for them to be revived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Game Freak's reasoning is moot to begin with; any Pokemon could have fallen into any of those 3 categories. To me, the only Pokemon that are intentionally given mega evolution are the three Kanto starters and Mewtwo, mainly to reignite the nostalgia among older fans. The rest weren't so much a result of choosing one over another using some sophisticated criteria, but more to do with releasing content by batches and opening up opportunities for future speculation (such as this thread).

    In an alternate reality it could have been Lapras, or Sunflora, or Jirachi, or Garchomp etc. and you'll still be asking why not the others with nothing conclusive in the end.
    I understand your point and everything being said in this thread is 100% bonafide speculation because there is no way to prove this junk. But, maybe there is a method to their madness and maybe there was a funny board meeting where this guy said,"Hey. Let's give Dragonite a mega evolution. His mega stone can be called...Dragonite." Or maybe they're saving Dragonite for a new round of mega competitiors. Maybe Dragonite isn't meant to have a mega evolution. None of us know. But it's fun to wonder why if there could possibly be a reason.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,874

    Default

    Mega Evolution is mainly a popularity contest right now. That's why Mewtwo and Charizard have two. And Pokemon like Blastoise, Venusaur, Garchomp, Lucario, Blaziken, Tyranitar, Aggron, Gengar, Alakazam, Gyarados and such didn't really need Mega Forms because they are already powerful and didn't need the boost, and now some of them are OP or more OP then they were before. Pokemon like Mawhile, Absol, Heracross, Pinsir, Manectric, Medicham and Houndoom on the other hand were mostly fine getting new forms and boost their power. Pokemon that could have really benefited from Mega Evolutions didn't get the Mega Forms and instead the popular Pokemon got them. I'll always wonder why Blaziken got a Mega but the other two Hoenn Starters didn't. Heck, the Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova ones didn't get any Megas, nor did Kalos. But I can see Greninja getting one. He's being shoved down everyone's throats. For the most part Mega Evolution is a popularity contest and several Pokemon that could have used a new form didn't just to give the populars more exposure. For me that is a missed opportunity.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I definitely think Aggron needed a Mega evolution, because it needed to get rid of its rock type and become the defensive behemoth it set itself up for
    I think the pokemon that needed the mega evolutions the most were gen 5 pokemon. My main candidates would be either Samurott or Hydreigon.
    Samurott needs better base stats, another type never hurts (ususally) and he could pull of some kind of a Mega Samurai pretty well, imo
    Hydreigon didn't necessarily need one, but now with the fairy type im sure it would appreciate a type change or an ability that hinders fairy powers. And besides, if other powerhouses like Blaziken and Garchomp got one, it wouldn't hurt to make another powerhouse, would it? besides already having great stats, im sure it could become a top tier threat if applied the right way
    3ds Friend code: 2879-0750-4270
    I have a lot of pokemon. Willing to help out anyone that needs it, also breed, ask for a list
    update 6/15
    I am still not playing that much right now.
    My living dex is completed for Kanto. (YAAAAAAAAA!)
    Slowly staring on Johto.
    If anyone has a surfing Pikachu or Nobunga's Rayquaza they could trade me (for keeps of course) I have many other events to trade back. just ask and I may have it

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Mega Evolution is mainly a popularity contest right now. That's why Mewtwo and Charizard have two. And Pokemon like Blastoise, Venusaur, Garchomp, Lucario, Blaziken, Tyranitar, Aggron, Gengar, Alakazam, Gyarados and such didn't really need Mega Forms because they are already powerful and didn't need the boost, and now some of them are OP or more OP then they were before. Pokemon like Mawhile, Absol, Heracross, Pinsir, Manectric, Medicham and Houndoom on the other hand were mostly fine getting new forms and boost their power. Pokemon that could have really benefited from Mega Evolutions didn't get the Mega Forms and instead the popular Pokemon got them. I'll always wonder why Blaziken got a Mega but the other two Hoenn Starters didn't. Heck, the Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova ones didn't get any Megas, nor did Kalos. But I can see Greninja getting one. He's being shoved down everyone's throats. For the most part Mega Evolution is a popularity contest and several Pokemon that could have used a new form didn't just to give the populars more exposure. For me that is a missed opportunity.
    This is pretty much my thoughts as well.

    I think Mega Evolution itself is a missed opportunity. It's mainly just fanservice (Looking at you, Mega Charizard X!) and nothing more. Maybe when some more less popular or Pokémon that need it get them, then I might appreciate the concept more. Until then, all Mega Evolution is is something to appease fanboys, especially Charizard and Mewtwo (Who I feel DID NOT need two megas.)

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRVEmaster View Post
    This is pretty much my thoughts as well.

    I think Mega Evolution itself is a missed opportunity. It's mainly just fanservice (Looking at you, Mega Charizard X!) and nothing more. Maybe when some more less popular or Pokémon that need it get them, then I might appreciate the concept more. Until then, all Mega Evolution is is something to appease fanboys, especially Charizard and Mewtwo (Who I feel DID NOT need two megas.)
    I think that mega evolution is a retcon in disguise for some 3rd-stage Pokemon, like Charizard, Ampharos and Aggron, the former two due to their design and Japanese name being inconsistent with their typing, and the latter to negate part of its weakness.

    And I honestly rather have a retcon than a hype-up forme addition for these Pokemon, in particular Charizard.

    The speculation that it didn't have the dragon typing for balancing issue is no longer relevant, while its hidden ability cut short its survival rate even lower (one reason why Mega Houdoom just isn't good enough). A normal Charizard given the Fire/Dragon type with Blaze, Drought and Tough Claws would have more than sufficed. If Game Freak doesn't care about consistency, replacing Blaze with Levitate would've maintained its current Ground immunity.

    And Aggron's x4 weakness to Fighting is one example of why I thought Steel being weak to Fighting is a terrible decision.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    Especially Focus Blast, which is why I hope if a Mega Bisharp is introduced it gets Bulletproof as its Ability.
    If Bisharp were to get a Mega, he needs Defiant. Its what makes him good. Bulletproof is a bad option for something that is immune to Sludge Bomb and resists Shadow Ball.

    That being said, Gen 5 didnt get Megas because it was the newest generation. Its been said somewhere, but I cant remember.

    I want Metagross to have a Mega. He needs some sort of boost to become viable in OU once more. He has a buttload of options on what they could do with his design. Hes also a Pseudo Legendary, and all of them deserve a Mega.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    If Bisharp were to get a Mega, he needs Defiant. Its what makes him good. Bulletproof is a bad option for something that is immune to Sludge Bomb and resists Shadow Ball.

    That being said, Gen 5 didnt get Megas because it was the newest generation. Its been said somewhere, but I cant remember.

    I want Metagross to have a Mega. He needs some sort of boost to become viable in OU once more. He has a buttload of options on what they could do with his design. Hes also a Pseudo Legendary, and all of them deserve a Mega.
    That's where it's easy to argue but hard to disagree. I would love mega evos for the pseudo legends, but at the same time, they're all already the strongest Pokémon in the game, bar legendaries. It's so tough for us to justify which Pokémon do and don't deserve one but I think maybe they may have given a couple pseudo legends, one non-Kanto starter, one legendary, a couple retconned Fairies, etc so they can let us get our feet wet, and then drop a whole new wave of megas on us once we've fully appreciated the concept. What better way to introduce a concept than to drop two megas of the two most nostalgic Pokémon in existence besides Pikachu? It might just be marketing.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    If GF are going to slap Defiant on a hypothetical Mega Bisharp they should pull a Mega Aggron and remove its Dark typing. Not saying that it shouldn't have a weak point but Dark/Steel means that Mach Punch is a OHKO in most cases.
    Again, no.

    Bisharp would be complete trash without his dark typing. NO STAB on Knock Off, Sucker Punch, or Pursuit would bring about his demise. Yes, he has a 4x weakness to fighting. No that doesnt make him bad. He has 5 other teammates for that. Hes OU this gen because of his dark typing. It allows him to checkmate ghosts and psychic types.

    Bisharp is good because of a combination of his tying (Dark/Steel), movepool (notably Iron Head, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, and Pursuit), and his ability (Defiant). Remove one, and you have a mediocre Pokemon at best.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Anything that doesn't have an evolution deserves a mega. Otherwise some of them feel like filler.
    I mean there's pokemon like Qwilfish or Dunsparce begging to get noticed.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I hope Arcanine gets MegaEvo,it needs one to be better in competitive play.
    Latest Shiny
    5/7/2014
    Friend Safari

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    No.

    Mega Evolution would likely give Bisharp a huge boost in Attack, so even without STAB Knock Off, Sucker Punch and Pursuit would likely leave dents in most things that don't resist it. Trust me I calculate these things. Ironically one of those moves wasn't even considered as being threatening until Gen 6, and since when does unofficial tiering tie into anything? Just because Smogon considers something good doesn't mean it's true [they banned Mega Lucario even though it's easy to deal with].

    By your logic, Aggron having x4 weaknesses isn't a bad thing either, just have 5 more Pokémon to deal with those that can potentially OHKO it. It didn't need a pure-Steel Mega with Sturdy, right? Already covered the whole "still powerful" thing, many Psychic and Ghost types have awful physical defense moving on.

    Bisharp will never have its movepool changed just because it gains a different typing/ability/both with its hypothetical Mega. It seems your forgetting that Megas have a different stat distribution to their regular counterparts. Granted, taking away Bisharp's typing or Defiant would render it worthless to most, but when has that ever stopped GF?
    oml this logic.

    Aggron is different than Bisharp. Its defensive. Bisharp is offensive. Simple as that.

    Removing the dark typing on Bisharp would take away everything he does well. Who cares if Knock Off wasnt threatening before now? This is now. Knock off is a great tool, and having STAB on it is even better. Sucker Punch STAB is also great. Same with Pursuit. Its like you ignored what I said. As for Smogon, the fact that something is OU means that its good. Tell me one thing in OU that is bad. Thats right, you cant. Bisharp is good, for reasons already stated. The whole "ghosts have frail defenses" logic is flawed, because they have hight offenses. Resisting their STAB moves is important. Same with psychic types, but with an immunity.

    And saying that Im forgetting that Megas have different stats is like saying that dogs know how to talk.

    Their distribution remains constant. The only exceptions were Garchomp, Ampharos, and Heracross. They all had their speed lowered. Everything else had their stats distributed to the roles that they play. I dont see Alakazam getting +50 in both defenses. No. It was given a bit more bulk and higher speed and special attack to play his role as a special sweeper better.

    If youre gonna argue with me, at least know what youre talking about, because from what I gather you really dont understand what Im saying.

    inb4neg called it
    Last edited by Cloneblazer12; 18th April 2014 at 7:21 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    No.

    Mega Evolution would likely give Bisharp a huge boost in Attack, so even without STAB Knock Off, Sucker Punch and Pursuit would likely leave dents in most things that don't resist it. Trust me I calculate these things. Ironically one of those moves wasn't even considered as being threatening until Gen 6, and since when does unofficial tiering tie into anything? Just because Smogon considers something good doesn't mean it's true [they banned Mega Lucario even though it's easy to deal with].

    By your logic, Aggron having x4 weaknesses isn't a bad thing either, just have 5 more Pokémon to deal with those that can potentially OHKO it. It didn't need a pure-Steel Mega with Sturdy, right? Already covered the whole "still powerful" thing, many Psychic and Ghost types have awful physical defense moving on.

    Bisharp will never have its movepool changed just because it gains a different typing/ability/both with its hypothetical Mega. It seems your forgetting that Megas have a different stat distribution to their regular counterparts. Granted, taking away Bisharp's typing or Defiant would render it worthless to most, but when has that ever stopped GF?
    False equivalency.

    Aggron's secondary typing hurt it more than it helped it, especially from a defensive perspective. It gave it not one, but two 4x weaknesses, in addition to a weakness to the ever common water type. Yes, its mega evolution causes it to lose the secondary STAB, and gain a fire weakness, but by losing the 4x weaknesses and picking up Filter, it became better able to take hits than anyone ever thought possible.

    Dark typing is more valuable than ever now that steel no longer resists Ghost. As it stands, only two types aren't hit neutrally by Ghost type attacks; Normal, which is immune, and Dark, which resists it. Given few to no normal types are really viable to use in serious matches, Dark types are extremely valuable now. It's part of the reason why Mandibuzz shot up in usage (although not the only reason by any stretch). STAB on Knock Off/Pursuit/Sucker Punch is just icing on the cake. It's such a great check to Ghost types since it resists their STAB and can threaten them with Sucker Punch, even despite its middling speed. Being able to freely switch into Defog for a boost is a nice touch too, but I digress.

    Having one 4x weakness is easy to deal with; hence why things like Scizor, Volcarona, Tyranitar, Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, etc. continue to be popular. Having two? It's a bit more of a liability, given it opens them up a wider range of checks.

    But to be honest, this isn't really all that relevant to the topic at hand. Oh well, I guess I'm guilty of that as well.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  21. #21

    Default

    ...This thread is just going to degrade from "why certain Pokémon didn't get one while others did" to "what my favorite non-mega'd Pokemon should become when it finally does".
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    ...This thread is just going to degrade from "why certain Pokémon didn't get one while others did" to "what my favorite non-mega'd Pokemon should become when it finally does".
    To be fair though, the original question was always just a speculation fest. The "Why didn't X get a Mega Evolution" debate has no way of really being answered; whether it's "X doesn't need one", "Y isn't popular enough" or "Z's mega stone would be too hard to name", there's really no way to tell. The only thing that can really be inferred is that there was a general trend of popular Pokemon getting Mega Evolutions. This is not true across the board of course, since no one would ever say Banette or Mawile were really popular, but in general, it does seem like the bulk of the Pokemon that did get Mega Evolutions are those that tend to be higher up on the popularity spectrum.

    So in the end, there's only so far this topic could ever really go before spiraling out of control.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Like most people, I do agree that Gen 5 got screwed out of mega evolutions (Mega Samurott, Lilligant, or Mienshao anyone?) but There are some pokemon from Gen 4 I would like to see, possibly Mega Floatzel for more speed and possibly more bulk, and a mega Froslass
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    I think some unova pokemon should have gotten mega evos. I don't understand the lack of unova mega evolutions. Kalos is understandable but unova not so much. I would have loved for cryogonal to get a mega evolution that gives it a defensive boost because it's physical defense is borderline non-existent. it works well against special based pokemon but it would get a defense boost. I also wonder why blaziken and not the other starters. popularity doesn't seem like a good reason to me because IIRC sceptile was far more popular than blaziken back in the day, although blaziken was more overexposed.

    also I would like for some of then gen IV evos if gen II pokemon to get mega evos. like magmortar and yanmega. simply because they're so close to being useful. a decent boost wouldn't harm them much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hero's Hellhole
    Posts
    9,140

    Default

    I'm a tad surprised that Electivire wasn't given a Mega Evolution, given its relative popularity, the amount of promotion it's received, and the fact that it's somewhat closer to the cusp of being relevant than some other 'mons. Electric/Fighting would've fit its array of Fighting-type moves and given it another STAB option, while an overall stat boost would let it play more of a physically tankier role. Sheer Force would be a pretty good idea, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •