Page 10 of 890 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    400 Encounters when you didn't turn of the game is nothing. All the shinies in my badge quest I have obtained without turning off the power to the game once I started hunting in a certain area.
    Wow. You must pay a fortune in electricity bills. Your DS must be plugged into your charger 24:7 (lol jk)! Anyway, gl in your hunt and everyone else - especially cocoa!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,800 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFishbowl View Post
    Hi guys!

I've been lurking around here for ages and got my account activated today, mainly because I got my first ever shiny.
    After 2172 SR's I finally got my shiny totodile! I was so shocked this morning when I was doing a bit of daily hunting when he showed up. Best of all he's adamant so I'll definitely be EV training him sometime soon :P I haven't decided on a nickname yet, any suggestions?
    Hey I'm a new lurker too! Congrats on the Totodile! How bout you name it Fang or Crusher. xD

Those sound like good names for a pokemon that becomes Feraligator. ^^

Found my first shiny in B2 after 5660 pkmn encounters in the lostlorn forest, just now!

A male combee. DDDDD:

Docile nature, michevious. Omfg. What I woulndt give for this dumb thing to have been female. Argh. D<
    |Shining Espeon by Useless|

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Damit Ampharos should not look like Fabio. You're a sheep, dammit.

OH MY GOB!! (excuse my Adventure Time) After only 4,399 encounters I found my 6th shiny on my badge quest- a Trapinch!! xD

Encounter

Summary

It appeared only 4 days after my shiny Joltik! I basically hunted all morning from 6am to 11am and then decided to do a few encounters while making dinner when this bad girl popped up! It has a Calm nature which is unfortunate but it does have 31 IVs in Speed. =)
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

Thumbs up

And then, the 3rd lurker appeared...
    No JK i post here regularly but ANYWAY!!!
    I have gotten to 700SRs for my charmander alrdy! i m so proud ^o^
    especially because i dont feel like huntin.

And also, congrats to new posters on their shinies, but i dont see y its so important that theyre female. like geez wood u rather none at all...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA

EDIT: OMG i love adventure time! ooo myyy glooooobb!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    And then, the 3rd lurker appeared...
    No JK i post here regularly but ANYWAY!!!
    I have gotten to 700SRs for my charmander alrdy! i m so proud ^o^
    especially because i dont feel like huntin.

And also, congrats to new posters on their shinies, but i dont see y its so important that theyre female. like geez wood u rather none at all...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA

EDIT: OMG i love adventure time! ooo myyy glooooobb!
    Well I assume its because a male combee is pretty much useless since you cant evolve it. Its better than not getting a shiny at all, somewhat xD

Anyway, decided I would update you guys on my Latios hunt. Its still going... Thats all you need to know. At this point I am just mindlessly doing it. I just hope it shines this weekend or else this hunt will last more than a week =/
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

Congrats. At the same time I am so jealous of you. I'm still stuck in Chargestone cave hunting for a shiny and your two ahead of me now. And to top it off shiny trapinch is amazing but I'm not certain wether I will hunt at the place you did because I already have a shiny camprupt and grumpig and don't want to run into one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenn of Ascension View Post
    OH MY GOB!! (excuse my Adventure Time) After only 4,399 encounters I found my 6th shiny on my badge quest- a Trapinch!! xD

Encounter

Summary

It appeared only 4 days after my shiny Joltik! I basically hunted all morning from 6am to 11am and then decided to do a few encounters while making dinner when this bad girl popped up! It has a Calm nature which is unfortunate but it does have 31 IVs in Speed. =)
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    Congrats. At the same time I am so jealous of you. I'm still stuck in Chargestone cave hunting for a shiny and your two ahead of me now. And to top it off shiny trapinch is amazing but I'm not certain wether I will hunt at the place you did because I already have a shiny camprupt and grumpig and don't want to run into one of them.
    Thanks! I really hope you get a quick hunt this time because you deserve it after having that long hunt at Relic Castle. =)

Also Camerupt and Grumpig are version exclusives so you don't have to worry about having both. Plus at Reversal Mountain you can do the repel trick to only encounter Trapinch and Skarmory. =)
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

Hey everyone! Long time no post! Congrats to everyone on their shinies! Looks like everyone's having better luck than me right now! lol I'm still stuck in Aspertia town trying to get a shiny Tepig. I don't even want to know how long I've been SRing, but I've been doing this ever since B2W2 came out. Probably gone through a few thousand SRs of pain and agony having to relive Bianca's annoying speech over and over. I hope this little piggy shines soon. I'm losing my sanity. D:

My shiny Pokemon:

-- Zira -- Florence -- Trick -- Brimstone -- Fleece -- Robin -- Horace --

Heart Gold FC: 0948-7530-2951

Pokemon Black FC: 2924-4380-1565

Pokemon Y FC: 1547-5454-3033 (Sunkern, Swadloon in safari)

Quote Originally Posted by Demysta View Post
    Hey everyone! Long time no post! Congrats to everyone on their shinies! Looks like everyone's having better luck than me right now! lol I'm still stuck in Aspertia town trying to get a shiny Tepig. I don't even want to know how long I've been SRing, but I've been doing this ever since B2W2 came out. Probably gone through a few thousand SRs of pain and agony having to relive Bianca's annoying speech over and over. I hope this little piggy shines soon. I'm losing my sanity. D:
    Why not just start off with a non-shiny and then Matsuda Method it later? You could also get the Shiny Charm which would help!
    Seems easier than SRing for a shiny when you're able to breed it.

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

Math that, Demysta. You're dedicated, like, boderline crazy, but dedicated. xD

And pkmnadvtures said it, a male combee is useless, but meh, go figure. Lol.

My white playthrough I got good ones like litwick, cubchoo, and tynamo so this is a bit disappointing. ._.
    Last edited by Useless; 18th November 2012 at 1:59 AM.
    |Shining Espeon by Useless|

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Damit Ampharos should not look like Fabio. You're a sheep, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by shiny ditto View Post
    Why not just start off with a non-shiny and then Matsuda Method it later? You could also get the Shiny Charm which would help!
    Seems easier than SRing for a shiny when you're able to breed it.
    Because it's a BQ, and a starter is generally the best choice to start a BQ, since there isn't much else to get before the first gym.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

3,500 encounters. This better be a short hunt seeing as my last two hunts were both over 12k

5,500 RE at Chargestone Cave! Still nothing yet! I seriously thought something would have appeared by now.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    Math that, Demysta. You're dedicated, like, boderline crazy, but dedicated. xD

And pkmnadvtures said it, a male combee is useless, but meh, go figure. Lol.

My white playthrough I got good ones like litwick, cubchoo, and tynamo so this is disappointing. ._.
    Yeah I know its a crazy long hunt, but I've looked forward to doing my first BQ on this game, and I'm not letting this game's stubborn-ness get to me! I try to make it less of a chore by watching a movie or a TV show while I'm SRing though, so it hasn't been that boring, just disappointingly long. XD

My shiny Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Because it's a BQ, and a starter is generally the best choice to start a BQ, since there isn't much else to get before the first gym.
    Sorry, only coming back into Pokemon now and still unfamiliar with some terms. BQ?
    Good luck none-the-less Demy

How bad is it that every time I see a new post I think "Did someone else finish the community hunt?!" just because I want to add to the list in the first post
    I finished collecting my 300 charmander eggs earlier today, now I'm hatching them all. *crosses fingers for a female to shine*

edit - BQ = Badge Quest. Definition in the FAQ in the first post =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Oh, just read the abbreviations at the beginning. Good luck with the Badge Quest o.O
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you typically go for on a Badge quest. Finding a new shiny before each gym seems rather difficult. Are there interactable pokemon between each one?

Edit: Just saw your edit Trout, thanks! Was very informative and will come in handy when I start shiny hunting in W2
    Last edited by Raro; 18th November 2012 at 2:15 AM.

Welp... that's it for me for tonight. I did hit the 12,000 mark like I predicted. I did 1,105 SRs today for Kyogre, bringing my total to 12,125 SRs. This is exhausting! Hopefully tomorrow will be my day. And congrats to whoever got that Trapinch. Me = JEAOLUS!!!! :3

Happy hunting everyone and @Dangertrout- you get to add Dan to the list tonight, but hopefully I will on there tomorrow!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout
    How bad is it that every time I see a new post I think "Did someone else finish the community hunt?!" just because I want to add to the list in the first post
    It's okay. We've not had anything longer than a 2 day drought in community hunt completion, so we have been doing pretty good. Though I like seeing that list grow just as much as you like adding people to it.

Oh, just read the abbreviations at the beginning. Good luck with the Badge Quest o.O
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you typically go for on a Badge quest. Finding a new shiny before each gym seems rather difficult. Are there interactable pokemon between each one?
    There are some, like Braviary/Mandibuzz before Nimbasa and Cobalion and Virizion before Opelucid. RE is the usual method used for each one. I've not tried one myself, but when I get done with my future Articuno hunt in SS, then I'm going to start one on Platinum. But first, I have the ever-popular Chargestone Cave to do.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Sorry, only coming back into Pokemon now and still unfamiliar with some terms. BQ?
    Good luck none-the-less Demy
    Thanks! ^.^ hopefully I can get this evil pig before Christmas!

My shiny Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFishbowl View Post
    Hi guys!

I've been lurking around here for ages and got my account activated today, mainly because I got my first ever shiny.
    After 2172 SR's I finally got my shiny totodile! I was so shocked this morning when I was doing a bit of daily hunting when he showed up. Best of all he's adamant so I'll definitely be EV training him sometime soon :P I haven't decided on a nickname yet, any suggestions?
    Hey, congratulations on your first shiny, AtomicFishbowl! It's such a great feeling. Here are some suggestions for nicknames.

Chomp
    Chomps
    Nibbles
    Jaws
    Clobber
    Croco/Crocco
    Jett
    Sudsy
    River
    Niles
    Dylus
    Ripto
    Bask
    Basker
    Puddles
    Splosh
    Splash
    Splasher
    Ripper
    Hydro
    Slick
    Swampy
    Aqua
    Congo
    Belarus
    Fen

Other suggestions are to look up crocodiles/alligators, and things to do with water. You might find a term or something related to it that you can use or revamp into some sort of nickname for him.

Also, major congratulations to everyone else who has managed some success in the time since my last post! It's been great to read, and entertained me as I have been hunting. Sorry that there's no personal congratulations, but there have been quite a lot of successes.

I will congratulate Useless on the Combee, and Zenn of Ascension on that beautiful Trapinch/Vibrava! Nice work!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 18th November 2012 at 4:23 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Welp, after hatching 700 eggs total, I got kind of bored so I went around to the grottoes and then different places hoping for a RE...

Not five minutes into messing around in Virbank Complex I caught a shiny Magby! That makes this particular RE hunt my shortest at just 249 RE, haha. Good luck to everyone else.
    Lost.

I'm going to begin a long and probably painful career in shiny hunting! Is there any certain spot where I should start?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm going to begin a long and probably painful career in shiny hunting! Is there any certain spot where I should start?
    Well personally, I suggest starting out with your favorite pokemon, like I did. If your looking to make the career less long and painful, in BW2 you can complete the PokeDex and get the shiny charm which will greatly increase the chance of finding a shiny. The easiest hunts are random encounters, where you find an area with pokemon that you would like to have a shinies, and you run around in the grass until you find one.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Wow, lots of new shinies (and posts) since I last checked early this morning (technically yesterday morning)! Congrats on all of them. And sorry for the exploded Lunatone, male combee instead of female, and for the people who just have yet to finish their current hunts/BQ locations.

I didn't get any hunting done today since I worked most of today (second day in a row I did no hunting at all!). And I still have about half of my research paper left to type (including figuring out the University of Chicago footnoting - anyone happen to know a good link explaining some details about those ».«?), plus my other essay both due Monday...GAH. *still has some hope*

A couple questions...

Not that I have any intention of ever catching a shiny latios/latias (plus I already caught my Latios in Black 2), but looking at what someone else posted, do you have to save before you start chasing it and then chase it for each reset?

And for BQs (again, no plans for doing this either!), is it more of an unspoken rule that your first shiny has to be a starter, or is it just a rule that you need a shiny before your first badge and everyone just wants to go for a starter as their first versus one of the (2?) that you can get before the first badge?
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Page 10 of 890 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast