Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was your reaction to your first shiny?

Default What was your reaction to your first shiny?

I recently caught my first shiny ( A relicanth that was a completely random encounter at route 128) and my initial reaction was to yell, "Oh my god!" and call my brother. This got me thinking, what were your guys first reactions?

Thanks to American Pi Trading a deoxys and lvl 94 mewtwo, and lvl 100 darkrai PM me.

Gosh, that was back in Silver version. A shiny Wooper. I don't think I ever ever evolved it. I found it and I was like "whoa" and stored it in the PC for the rest of its days. Until, Silver eventually corrupted itself.. along with my first full team of level 100s.
    We all live in a Pokémon world.
        Spoiler:- ❤️:

Quote Originally Posted by Lexya428 View Post
    Gosh, that was back in Silver version. A shiny Wooper. I don't think I ever ever evolved it. I found it and I was like "whoa" and stored it in the PC for the rest of its days. Until, Silver eventually corrupted itself.. along with my first full team of level 100s.
    Back in diamond I saw a shiny floatzel, but I clicked run instead of attack. This is my first caught one.

Thanks to American Pi Trading a deoxys and lvl 94 mewtwo, and lvl 100 darkrai PM me.

Just stunned shock while my brain couldn't believe what I was seeing XD. My first shiny was way back in crystal and I was surfing to cianwood city and I came across a shiny tentacool. All of my team was too strong but the weakest attack I had was my noctowl's peck attack (which nearly killed it but didn't) and I was able to catch it. Looking back on it now I should have tried to chuck a few pokeballs first but I was a lot younger back then (and I think I might have been somewhat low on pokeballs too at that moment). After that I made sure to always have plenty of pokeballs.
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 18th August 2016 at 4:48 AM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [/center]

Why is this Zubat Green? Hey look a red gyarados! Why is this Ponyta purplish black? Why is this caterpie golden? Softer pink ratatta? Hey, look a weird magby and drowzee came from this egg!

GSC had loads of shiny for me. Never cared much.
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Party Hard

Looking for gen7 6iv Ditto and shameless about it, PM me if you can help.
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

I didn't think anything of it. It was a Tyrogue from one of the Eggs in Crystal, and also my first exposure to Shinies. Because Tyrogue couldn't be found anywhere else, I spent years thinking that Blue was its natural color.
    ~ ~
    The 1st Champions of Alola

My first was in Alpha Sapphire (which was actually my first game), a wild shiny Skorupi. I started to freak out a bit. Once I calmed down, I very slowly switched Pokémon, False Swiped it, then used an Ultra Ball. Caught.

I named it "Shiny". :P
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

It's lit with Litten!

The Hype Train has arrived at its destination: The Alola Region!

Pokémon Sun Team:

Spoiler:- Team:

I have forgotten what my reaction was to my first shiny pokemon and the pokemon itself. I assume that I was mildly surprised by it.

Relief? I did not discover one by accident. I learned of them from Serebii researching information for Jirachi, hence my name. And I saw shiny Spoink and went "I want one." I found one after two hours. In hindsight I was really lucky. I feel kind of spoiled that shinies are not a surprise for me. As for the first unexpected shiny, which was either a Golbat or Machoke, I don't really remember since it was so long ago.
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Me when a random shiny Seedot shows up 15 minutes into restarting Ruby: "Why is that Seedot red?"

I'd played GSC but I didn't know what shinies were - I thought the red Gyarados was a special one-off thing. Hence my confusion when I ran into my first random shiny. I thought it looked cool though and I figured it must be special, so I caught it. Years later I learned how lucky I was.
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 1200 REs | White 2 BQ #6 - Volcarona - 33000 SRs | Platinum BQ #1 - Chimchar - 4200 SRs
    White (Dragonspiral Tower) - Druddigon/Mienfoo - 1200 REs | Y Route Quest #2 - Santalune Forest - 1600 REs

Latest shiny:

Moon - Random (Vast Poni Canyon) - 12/4/16

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive

My first non-Gyarados shiny was Weepinbell. I was relatively calm about the whole thing because I recognised the sparkle animation and thought "oh so Gyarados isn't the only one who can be like that? that's really cool!" Amazingly enough I caught it and that's basically what started my interest in hunting shinies.
    Latest Shiny: (465 REs) (Mo)

Current Hunts: - 200 SRs (FR/LG)

So I'm gonna tell two stories here, 1 of the first ever shiny I saw, and the second of the first I ever caught.

The first shine I ever saw in the wild was a Pineco in Pokemon Crystal. I was quite young at the time, and I didn't even know shiny Pokemon existed! I saw that it was a different colour to what it should be, and I thought my game was glitched, so I turned my game boy off and on again and went about my day not knowing any different. Years later I found out about shiny Pokemon and realised the mistake I had made, to this day I kick myself about the whole situation!

The first shiny Pokemon I ever caught was literally two days ago in Alpha Sapphire, and it was a shiny Magikarp. I was actually Chain Fishing for it and was so happy when I found one. I now am starting to shiny hunt and try to complete my living dex to get the shiny charm!

My first shiny was a random encounter Audino (I was grinding for exp so I guess I was chaining them by accident) and I tweeted about it because I'm millennial af.

My first encounter was back in Emerald and it was an Exeggcute.... in the safari zone >.< My first reaction was "what's tha.... SHINY!!!" then I tormented over throwing mud or snacks... and it ran away lol. I was devastated. So much so that I became a shiny hunter lol.
    My current shinies!

Gifts: SR Event:
    Random: Hoard:
    Trade: Dex-Nav:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for ORAS: 2767-1817-3785
    Type: Poison- Muk, Cascoon, Venomoth

When I spotted a shiny kricketune in Diamond I freaked out, because I'd been trying for AGES to get a shiny in all the 3rd gen games (minus Collosseum and XD) and had been frustrated about not finding one, and I was so relieved to finally get one. I also did a freakout when I got my second shiny, a psyduck on Pearl, because Psyduck has always been one of my favorite pokemon.
    New shinies week of 11/24-12/1: pikipek
    New shinies week of 12/1-12/8: None, playing Sun

Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing AlphaSapphire

Friend codes: 4571-0519-1537, 4571-0519-6173
    I still need some codes! Please add me and PM me, I'd appreciate it.
    -

I did a lot of trading for shinies on the randomized trading thing in Gen V. I ended up releasing all of the ones I collected once I moved everything to Bank because I wanted to start anew.
    The first shiny I actually caught (excusing red Gyrados and the random events) was a red Basculin in X & Y. Now I'm trying to complete my shiny dex and have over 400 of the things.
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    Trainer & 3DS Name: Elliott

Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

My first true shiny was a Geodude in Pokemon Diamond & Pearl that showed up randomly while trying to level up. While I played Gen 3, I have never seen a wild shiny. I did have shiny's in Gen II but it was easy get Shiny's back then as I was using a Gameshark. In fact, just last week I found a Shiny Pikachu in OmegaRuby and even a Shiny Palkia (which I yelled loud enough that my girlfriend wondered what was wrong).

The first random shiny I ever found was a shiny Ponyta outside of Mt. Silver in Crystal. I remember being really surprised since I did at that point not know what shinies were, or that they even existed. I had previously met the shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage but didn't know that it was a "shiny", I had thought it was just a one-time in-game event thing which there weren't any more of. So when I discovered that any regular Pokemon could have a different color and an effect of sparkling stars as they were sent out into battle, I was really surprised.

Regina noctis pro nobis.
    Mundus noctis aeternae velit. Mundus vult lunae. Lunae lumen lucidus orbis erit.
    Sacra Luna. Nos coniungamus. Sit luna oriatur.
    In luna credimus. Lunae lumen habet claritatem veritatis. Lunae lumen in mundo, Lunae lumen in me.
    Cantate ei regnum. Cantate ei gloriam. Sidera ducet nos. Luna nos protegat.

Secret Bases

my first shiny was a sentret in Heart Gold, i was really surprised but very happy!!
    I'm in love with touken ranbu swords....Waiting to see N again.

My first shiny ever was a random floatzel on route 224 in Diamond while I was looking for a shuckle (GBA insert pokemon). I didn't even know shinies existed so I just kinda stared for a minute, then started chucking balls since I had nothing to weaken it with. There was much "...wtf?"-ing online that night as I tried to figure out what the heck I'd just caught. Then a friend explained shinies to me on skype.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

In terms of genuine surprises, the first shiny I didn't expect that I remember my reaction to was a pink Quagsire in Pastoria Marsh, during my play of Pokemon Platinum. I was just trying to increase my Pokedex when suddenly I found it, and I was really worried because this is essentially a Safari Zone. First ball failed. Second ball succeeded
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

My first shiny was a shiny Zubat in Pokemon Silver. My reaction was wow that Zubat is green. :P I was very young back then. Lol.
    Feel free to follow me on Twitter if you want.

I think it was a green Zubat, I forget in which game it was though.

Apart from the Shiny Gyarados from Soul Silver, my first shiny was jynx from my White. I was casually just strolling through Giant Chasm when I encouterd slighty lighter Jynx. I didn't see the sparkles, but it looked a little different and odd, so I caught it anyways. I was kinda excited to notice that it was shiny after the capture.
    Click my babies to help them to grow

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed One-Winged Angel battle theme, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

I was on the couch playing my Silver version after I got ready for school, and I was just training in Mt. Silver. When I ran into a shiny Ponyta, I remember gasping and staring at the screen for a few seconds to let it register this was a special Ponyta. I made attempts to catch it, but it ran away. It ruined my morning.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast