Page 16 of 889 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Right then. I have four options for my third badge quest hunt.

A) Sewers.
    B) Gardens.
    C) Route 4.
    D) Relic Passage

I don't think I'll hunt in the sewers, as I already have a shiny Crobat... But what do you guys think with regards to the other options?

Oh, and congrats on the Kyogre, Kitty! That was a long time coming!
    I would go with Route 4.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

just found me some shiny electrike

((we were both young when i first saw you))

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    And I think you should go with Relic passage Master, all the shinies in there are nice and you get extra items like shards, stones from the dust clouds while hunting.
    Good call, City. Although I do tend to turn off after hunting to keep my game time low... Time to get me a shiny Roggenrola! (hopefully not Onix, as I already have shiny Steelix)
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,100 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Thank you everyone on the congrats on kyogre. That thing was awful to hunt, but i caught it easily on my 3rd heal ball (not that that makes up for the ridiculous time i spent finding it).

Oh, and am i crazy for already starting my dual rayquaza hunt after that terrible hunt i just went through? It will be more leisurely because i am now on Thanksgiving break and i have to write some papers. Once this hunt is complete, the shiny charm will be mine on white 2!

Happy hunting everyone!
    Congrats on that Kyogre, and I'm glad it didn't go much longer than that. Unless you pass my SR count for Rayquaza, you have plenty of motivation for it, I think. Good luck!

And an update for my hunt, I'm now at 1476 RE's, so I'm looking at a more normal amount of counts than my last few hunts. And I don't know exactly when I'll start, but I'm taking motivation from all these BQ's to start one myself in Platinum. It sounds like a lot of fun, so I'll be giving it a shot myself. I'm not sure if I'll wait until I finish Chargestone Cave or not, but it's out there. For now, though, good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    SHINY FREAKING KYOGRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! YES!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!! After 205 SRs today (which is my 21st day hunting this thing) and a grand total of 13,490 SRs, this thing is FINALLY mine! :') I am sooo ecstatic right now! Here is a picture!

Attachment 6875

It has a quirky nature, which I am totally ok with!!! This is a perfect way to start my Thanksgiving break!!!! Eeeek! I am so relieved!

Happy hunting everyone and do NOT give up!!!! You never know when that shiny monster will pop across your screen!!! MOVING ON!!!
    Congratiez~! I'm so happy for you! Congratiez on all the other shinies and GL on ur hunts~*

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

can i join? please. i have one shiny pokemon and want to find more.

Quote Originally Posted by xXweebigmanXx View Post
    can i join? please. i have one shiny pokemon and want to find more.
    Oh, of course! Nothing can stop you from hunting shinies with our community. Just make sure you're familiar with everything discussed in the first post, choose a pokemon to hunt, and start! All you need is time and patience, and you can hunt for just about any shiny.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Well... holycrap.
    I just happened to get a shiny Torchic when I started up my Sapphire version a second ago. This is the first time I've ever gotten a shiny starter before... It is very hard to absorb this pleasant surprise right now ;w; /dies
    Alpha Sapphire

Congrats to all those who got shinies recently, especially the people who have gone through thousands of resets (I don't know how you do it without killing your wrists!) or thousands of eggs.

To those who have mentioned how little they want a shiny audino... oh, how I'd love to have a pretty purple audino! I try to hit every shaking grass patch that I can in hopes of getting one, yet I have had no luck yet, not even with my shiny charm in White 2.

My longest uninterrupted (no turning off the power, no going online) MM egg hunt so far involved a couple thousand oshawott eggs in White. I no longer have the exact number because I tossed the paper on which I was jotting down how many eggs I deleted. I gave up somewhere in the 2500 range (maybe a week and a half of attempted breeding) and never got my shiny oshawott. I might try again later. I also chucked a couple thousand snivy eggs before I tried the uninterrupted batch of 990 which got me the shiny snivy.

And as for playing games while driving... good grief! Thank goodness you didn't get into an accident while doing that! I really hope it was at least at a complete stop. It's terrifying enough to see other drivers using their cellphones while driving.

As for my current hunt, I'm only 255 pachirisu eggs in, but I have gone online with the game (doing Dream World and GTS) and turned it off a few times in the interim, so it's not an uninterrupted breeding session. Maybe I should go back to uninterrupted breeding for this, since it seemed to work with snivy. It should be possible to breed a serious-natured shiny pachirisu with volt absorb from an American serious-natured mother with volt absorb who is also holding an everstone and a French father eevee, right?
    Shinies I Caught/Earned without Trading:
    Gyrados: Platinum RE, Battle Tower area pond; 2 Interaction, HG, SS; Pachirisu (2): Platinum, Chained, 65 wins; Sandshrew: HG RE, Safari Zone, last Safari Ball in session; Rattata: HG RE; Pikachu: HG RE, Forest; Event Legends: GameStop Shinx: Platinum, Chained, 40 wins; Snivy: White, Egg #990; Dratini: White 2, White Treehollow win; Haxorus (2): Interaction, White 2, Black 2; Gible: Black 2, Black Tower win; Quagsire: X, RE; Poliwag: X, Chain Fishing, ~60 caught; Tangela, Rapidash, Exploud: X, Friend Safaris

My Vivillon is Modern Pattern - PM to trade Vivillons.

8,000 RE now at Chargestone cave! Hope it comes in the next 500! Looks like I'll be going over the odds yet again! Why does my game hate me?
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Congrats on all the latest shinies! Seems a lot of you have gotten out of some persistent hunts these past few days. Good luck to everyone's hunts!

I finally got to hunt again for real this time. Did 135 Eevee REs today, bringing my total to 600. Still have a long way to go. And I still have another Research Paper to start as soon as I figure out a topic...This one will be much more difficult than the previous one - much more restrictions, much less familiar area of study....So I imagine this one will take even more hunting time away from me.

I also got sidetracked tonight changing colors of certain shinies...Decided to see what my shiny Litwick SHOULD look like when fully evolved...And decided to play around with Umbreon's shiny colors a bit. Overall: An interesting way for me to waste time and not get anything semi-productive done
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I'm.... speechless right now. I am just freaking out.

I was getting a bit bored of SRing for Virizion, so I decided to restart my HG to SR for a starter. I wasn't really hunting seriously, not really doing it hardcore or anything. And yet, I got a shiny Totodile after only 239 SRs and 717 pokemon seen, who has an awesome nature (Naughty, +Att -SpD) and a possible 31 IV in Speed. Better yet, it was a FEMALE shiny Totodile.

Here comes the real kicker; I GOT POKERUS WHILE JUST DOING SOME ENCOUNTERS TO SHOW OFF THE SHININESS.

Pic:
    http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/...1211210002.jpg

I feel like I've been way too lucky with all of my hunts, so my Virizion hunt will probably travel up to the twenty thousand or something. Anyway.

Congratulations to all who have gotten shinies and I wish all of you the best of luck with all of your hunts~
    current shiny hunts

4700 soft resets

shinies
    - 655 eggs - 753 SRs - 239 SRs - 7 REs

Up to 6,000 encounters now in nature preserve and victory road. Really hope i get one under the odds :|
    I only have one shiny from either place (fraxure) which is already evolved so really anything would be awesome.

Really? Is nobody gonna talk about how messed up it is that someone was shiny hunting while driving?
    Not only are you endangering your own life, but that of everyone around you. All for alternatenly coloured pixels.
    Don't get me wrong, I love shinies, but I hear about people doing stuff like this as well as pulling "all nighters" (which is TERRIBLE for your health) and it really makes me shake my head.
    Your life and health and that of everyone around you are more important than a video game construct any day.

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

Already got 1k Random Encounters since my double Clefairys yesterday. Hope this hunt won't take long too! Hoping for Solrock, Lunatone, Ditto, Delibird or Metang. (Delibird & Metang especially!)

I got a total of 9.4k RE's on the Giant Chasm Plains

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Just loaded up my old emerald game and found my first ever shinies Spoink and Tentacool!
    I thought I accidentally deleted them a long time ago -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Just loaded up my old emerald game and found my first ever shinies Spoink and Tentacool!
    I thought I accidentally deleted them a long time ago -_-
    That's awesome, their both awesome shiny's when they are fully evolved.

Just got 300 extra RE"s, get's me to 1.3k RE already. Trying to get 2k today, or a Shiny will pop up. (I hope so.)

Hey everyone! Congrats Ghostfoot on Torchic and KatePKE on Totodile! My totodile was also female when I SRed on SS. I was ecstatic! Also, congrats to anyone else who got a shiny that I may have missed. I had a dream last night that there were different forms of kyogre that I had to go through to get to rayquaza and 2 of those forms were shiny too... I think kyogre was starting to mess with my head. I'm just glad I finally got that thing.

I managed to do 500 SRs yesterday for rayquaza. I'm glad that I can dual SR for him, it makes me feel like my chances are increased of finding him early (even though they aren't). Happy hunting everyone and good luck! I hope everyone gets their shinies soon! Especially the ones who were in my boat and close to or have gone over the odds!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Hi guys. I'm now at 12,464 encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest shiny. So it's now the longest hunt in my badge quest so far... >.>

It's also worth noting that a new level was added to the Dream World today, the "Dream Park" so there will be a load of new shiny Pokemon we can hatch for with their dream world abilities. I've played my sessions in Black and White today already, and so far I've found these Pokemon:

Minun
    Snorlax
    Combee
    Shroomish
    Venonat
    Heracross
    Cherubi
    Slakoth
    Nincada
    Seedot
    Ekans
    Aipom
    Kricketot
    Pinsir
    Roselia
    Togepi
    Carnivine
    Wurmple
    Zangoose
    Gulpin
    Pineco
    Chansey
    Beedrill
    Eevee

I took home a female Heracross and Chansey. But look at that guys; easy access to english dream world Eevee (the Eevee I found was female, too ^-^ ).

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Just ran away from a Shiny Piloswine, saw it to late. It was at 1,457 Encounters.

shiny hunting on hold while I play through black a little, then I may MM for a shiny magnemite

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Hi guys. I'm now at 12,464 encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest shiny. So it's now the longest hunt in my badge quest so far... >.>

It's also worth noting that a new level was added to the Dream World today, the "Dream Park" so there will be a load of new shiny Pokemon we can hatch for with their dream world abilities. I've played my sessions in Black and White today already, and so far I've found these Pokemon:

Minun
    Snorlax
    Combee
    Shroomish
    Venonat
    Heracross
    Cherubi
    Slakoth
    Nincada
    Seedot
    Ekans
    Aipom
    Kricketot
    Pinsir
    Roselia
    Togepi
    Carnivine
    Wurmple
    Zangoose
    Gulpin
    Pineco
    Chansey
    Beedrill
    Eevee

I took home a female Heracross and Chansey. But look at that guys; easy access to english dream world Eevee (the Eevee I found was female, too ^-^ ).
    hmmm, let's see. eevee is less interesting to me, as I've been breeding DW ones for a year, and I'm sad the Plusle and Minun still have the same abilities. they could have reversed them at least.
    I'm looking forward to shroomish and beedrill though. time to do more DW, as I'm missing a lot from Rugged Mountain and on

hatched half my charmander eggs last night after I finished boxing them. No luck yet, but still 5 boxes to go through. *crosses fingers*
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Just ran away from a Shiny Piloswine, saw it to late. It was at 1,457 Encounters.
    That my friend is a punishment worse then death itself lol probably going to do more hunting for this shiny Latias as it hasn't shone yet T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    That my friend is a punishment worse then death itself lol probably going to do more hunting for this shiny Latias as it hasn't shone yet T_T
    I know =\

But I already had a Shiny Mamoswine, and now some good news. 183 Random Encounters later I got myself a Shiny Ditto! My new record! I can't believe my shiny luck. :-D

EDIT:

- I really can't believe my shiny luck, if someone told this to me, I would call them a hacker. I guess my Shiny "Lucky" Charm is really helping.
    6 Shiny encounters in 5 days, Solrock Exploded and I ran away from a Piloswine. 4 Shiny's are obtained in luxury balls.

I also edited my spoiler, instaid of text I made it a picture.
    Last edited by Dylz; 21st November 2012 at 3:24 PM.

^ Ahh, you have the shiny charm. That would explain all those quick hunts, but gratz and sry about the Piloswine. You must have been pretty distracted to miss it though.

Still hunting in Dreamyard, I'm at almost 3k encounters so far and Mandibuzz is still refusing to shine but I won't give up! Good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

Page 16 of 889 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast