Page 17 of 939 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    ^ Ahh, you have the shiny charm. That would explain all those quick hunts, but gratz and sry about the Piloswine. You must have been pretty distracted to miss it though.
    Yeah, I was watching Sanctuary on the Syfy channel. I always do random encounters while watching television, I got earphones, I always do one in my ear, but I didn't notice the shiny sound.

Why aren't you hunting with a shiny charm? Makes things so much easier.

Edit:
    After I finally achieve the Shiny Metang I will be switching routes, I don't want to risk to catch more shiny Clefairy & Piloswine.
    Last edited by Dylz; 21st November 2012 at 5:07 PM.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Corroded Arceus View Post
    Really? Is nobody gonna talk about how messed up it is that someone was shiny hunting while driving?
    Not only are you endangering your own life, but that of everyone around you. All for alternatenly coloured pixels.
    Don't get me wrong, I love shinies, but I hear about people doing stuff like this as well as pulling "all nighters" (which is TERRIBLE for your health) and it really makes me shake my head.
    Your life and health and that of everyone around you are more important than a video game construct any day.
    Well, as idiotic is it is to hunt while driving (no offense to the person), it is good that nothing happened. The thing is, the person most likely won't risk such a thing again, because it is indeed a bad thing to even consider doing.

Anyways, I hit 2,750 SRs last night, but homework may limit me to around about 150...we'll see.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Yeah, I was watching Sanctuary on the Syfy channel. I always do random encounters while watching television, I got earphones, I always do one in my ear, but I didn't notice the shiny sound.

Why aren't you hunting with a shiny charm? Makes things so much easier.
    That's exactly why I don't want it, makes hunting too easy. I'll eventually get bored of hunting if I got my targets so easily.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Well, as idiotic is it is to hunt while driving (no offense to the person), it is good that nothing happened. The thing is, the person most likely won't risk such a thing again, because it is indeed a bad thing to even consider doing.

Anyways, I hit 2,750 SRs last night, but homework may limit me to around about 150...we'll see.
    I was pretty surprised it took /that/ long for someone to mention it.
    And saying that the person won't risk such a thing again...
    There's being optimistic, but there's also being waaay too optimistic.
    Sorry, but I fear you may have way too much faith in humanity.

That's exactly why I don't want it, makes hunting too easy. I'll eventually get bored of hunting if I got my targets so easily.
    Oh well, I never been lucky at hunting shiny's with the 1/8192 odds. But I am with the 4/8192 odds. After I get enough of encountered Pokémon I'll try masuda again, I postponed my Taillow of 500 eggs, because I can't do that blindly. Or I'll just softreset for Johto starters. Since the odds are 3/8192.
    Last edited by Dylz; 21st November 2012 at 5:19 PM.

I played the dream world in White 2; it seems the new level is accessible right from the start (since I only have 6000 dream points and two badges on White 2, and I went to the Dream Park on every go except one) and I found a few more new Pokemon:

Throh
    Scraggy
    Kecleon
    Gurdurr
    Sawk
    Plusle
    Paras

So that's 31 new Pokemon I've found so far. And some of the new items you can find in the level include the repels (normal, super, max), the EV wings (swift wing, genius wing, health wing, et...), pretty wing, honey, and some new berries.

Now at 12,689 encounters in my badge quest... I think I' like Skitty to shine the most, now that I think about it.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 21st November 2012 at 5:21 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Greetings, fellow shiny hunters! How is everyone doing? I have decided to return to shiny hunting after going through a massive loss of motivation, but looking through this thread and seeing all the beautiful shiny pokemon has inspired me to hunt again! After completing the Pokedex in B2 not so long ago, I finally have a Shiny+Oval charm, so I've decided to finish my shiny Kanto starters set!

I already have a beautiful Charizard, so now I am hatching Bulbasaurs on my game I think I'm about 700 eggs in, vaguely keeping track tbh. Hope my awful luck doesn't curse me again :P

Ooh, a question for everyone who hatches eggs via MM - do you ever use the egg hatching feature in BW2, like the shop in Join Avenue, or the Pass Power? Just curious

Good luck, and happy hunting everyone!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/qovamc.png[/IMG]
    December Hunt Target - Spheal MM! 0 eggs [img]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/img]

im going to blaze through HG to get to Ho-oh and SR. meaning while, im going to MM for Scyther in my spare time

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    I was pretty surprised it took /that/ long for someone to mention it.
    And saying that the person won't risk such a thing again...
    There's being optimistic, but there's also being waaay too optimistic.
    Sorry, but I fear you may have way too much faith in humanity.
    I don't have /that/ much faith in it at all. I was responding without trying to aggravate anyone, but I agree it is ridiculous. Just saying.

Anyways, let's forget about it, debates like this don't really have much need here.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

The reasons i don't have the shiny charm are
    1. I don't have access to all the games required to get some pokes
    2. It would take me forever to trade and breed everything
    3. The shiny hunter community on YouTube seems to really frown upon shiny charm
    4. It just seems more satisfying to get a 1/8192 shiny
    5. I dont even hunt that much so when I actually get one i seem that much more excited

6,100 encounters, won't hunt again until tonight during the Lakers game

The shiny charm has it's good and bad points bad points of you like the challenge of the hunt then bad =( but if you want to trade shinies to people to make them happy then good =)

Well 7300 SRs later and still no shiny Latios for me. Seems like I may very well go over the odds xD At this point I just want to play the game! I wanna finish the post game stuff but I am not gonna give up until I get my shiny. Good luck to anyone else having a long hunt.
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

And so it continues... Day 52 and i remain shinieless from that riolu i hatched. Got some unexpected free time so im putting it to use 780 eggs hatched now, Lets shine! Gl and congrats to all
    Q Anyone in a longer drought currently?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Good news: hatched a shiny charmander, probably around 500 eggs.
    Bad news: it's (unsurprisingly) male

but: yay shiny!
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

OK,
    Time for me to defend myself....
    For those of you who are attempting to scold me for driving while shiny hunting, have you ever answered the phone or even talked on the phone or txt while driving? are you even old enough to drive? If you can honestly answer those both with a no and a yes then let me tell you that I dont ever take my eyes off the road while SRing and driving. All you have to do is put a rubber band around the L and R buttons and then push the start and select button. I blast the sound on the DS and just SR away. If I hear the shiny sound I would pull over (like I did). Now Im not saying that its a good idea to play pokemon while driving but in this circumstance with SR for Latios it wasnt required for me to look at the screen. I wont ever be doing it again because I will now be in charge of taking my son to school and back home again so that will be to much comotion already for me to handle while driving.
    Now for the moral of the story: If you dont have something nice to say dont say it at all. If you have an oppinion, you have a right to state it but if your going to say mean things and judge people keep it to yourself and not on here.
    Thank you!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Good news: hatched a shiny charmander, probably around 500 eggs.
    Bad news: it's (unsurprisingly) male

but: yay shiny!
    Congrats on your new shiny charmander!!!

I started the Badge challenge.
    I so far have Snivy (7,500 SRs)
    and Magnemite (11,000 REs)

I can't decide whether to look in the sewer or the desert for my 3rd badge.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

been gone awile for competitive pkmn...
    charmander is taking soooooooooooooooooo longgg...
    i am only @ 912, but it seems like 4EVER!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    I started the Badge challenge.
    I so far have Snivy (7,500 SRs)
    and Magnemite (11,000 REs)

I can't decide whether to look in the sewer or the desert for my 3rd badge.
    O_O? Didn't you just found out what a BQ was yesterday? How did you manage all that so soon?!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14

Currently Hunting:

O_O? Didn't you just found out what a BQ was yesterday? How did you manage all that so soon?!
    I think he is lieing: "Page 19"

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    Can someone explain to me what the badge quest is please?
    Or he is using hacks, or he played for over 36 hours orso straight. 11k Random encounters is like 16 hours. I don't know about the 7.5k SR's.

+ Why is he using round up numbers? It's nearly impossible to get shiny's at the exact number with zero's.

Blood red absol, please show us pictures with the capture dates etc. video would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    OK,
    Time for me to defend myself....
    For those of you who are attempting to scold me for driving while shiny hunting, have you ever answered the phone or even talked on the phone or txt while driving? are you even old enough to drive? If you can honestly answer those both with a no and a yes then let me tell you that I dont ever take my eyes off the road while SRing and driving. All you have to do is put a rubber band around the L and R buttons and then push the start and select button. I blast the sound on the DS and just SR away. If I hear the shiny sound I would pull over (like I did). Now Im not saying that its a good idea to play pokemon while driving but in this circumstance with SR for Latios it wasnt required for me to look at the screen. I wont ever be doing it again because I will now be in charge of taking my son to school and back home again so that will be to much comotion already for me to handle while driving.
    Now for the moral of the story: If you dont have something nice to say dont say it at all. If you have an oppinion, you have a right to state it but if your going to say mean things and judge people keep it to yourself and not on here.
    Thank you!
    Good for you for defending yourself and congrats on your Latios (I myself am going for Latias) Congrats for everyone else with their most recent shinies =)

thanks chingchar! goodluck on your latias hunt shes a pretty little shiny, i love the yellowish orange! I hope she shines for you really soon.

Hm, as for the Shiny Charm, I think it's great! I don't care what the odds are when I encounter a shiny (at a chain of 40, MM, Random encounter, whatever), I just like having pretty sparkly pokemon (: So if the charm improves the odds for getting them, I'm all for it (:

Ooh, this brings me to another question - what do you guys do with your shinies after you capture them? If you're doing a BQ then I guess you just play through the game with them, but otherwise, what? Do you EV train them, battle online with them, level them up, or what? It would be interesting to know what everyone does (:

Ooh, congratulations on the shiny Charmander, Dangertrout!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/qovamc.png[/IMG]
    December Hunt Target - Spheal MM! 0 eggs [img]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I think he is lieing: "Page 19"

Or he is using hacks, or he played for over 36 hours orso straight. 11k Random encounters is like 16 hours. I don't know about the 7.5k SR's.

+ Why is he using round up numbers? It's nearly impossible to get shiny's at the exact number with zero's.

Blood red absol, please show us pictures with the capture dates etc. video would be better.
    Yea something is definitely not right about that.

Also, gratz on the Charmander Dangertrout! Hope you get a female soon.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14

Currently Hunting:

Ok. Rayquaza is playing with my head. I keep thinking that he is a lighter green than he is... So whenever I see a dark color, I'm like "shiiiny!" and I get butterflies! And then I realize that he isn't black, just emerald... (lolz at the reference. ) Anyways... I would say congrats to Dangertrout on Charmander, but I know that a male one is NOT what you are looking for. I am also excited for Monday to find out what December's hunt will be!!! :3

Happy hunting everyone!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Page 17 of 939 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast