Page 18 of 890 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I think he is lieing: "Page 19"

Or he is using hacks, or he played for over 36 hours orso straight. 11k Random encounters is like 16 hours. I don't know about the 7.5k SR's.

+ Why is he using round up numbers? It's nearly impossible to get shiny's at the exact number with zero's.

Blood red absol, please show us pictures with the capture dates etc. video would be better.
    actually with the medication I am on I cant sleep so I pretty much play about 20 hours a day, I mostly do team building but I am beginning to enjoy shiny hunting.

Don't worry I never use hacks, I have just the physical games, and sorry about rounding, I like the round to the nearest 500 just so I can remember it easier (I should write it down but oh well)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ss/Shiny-1.jpg

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I think he is lieing: "Page 19"

Or he is using hacks, or he played for over 36 hours orso straight. 11k Random encounters is like 16 hours. I don't know about the 7.5k SR's.

+ Why is he using round up numbers? It's nearly impossible to get shiny's at the exact number with zero's.

Blood red absol, please show us pictures with the capture dates etc. video would be better.
    Although I will agree its kinda fishy that he was able to do so much in so little. Might even be impossible. But thats not the point, if the person wants to come on here and tell us he did this much then whatever. Who are we to judge him, if you don't believe him/her then just ignore them. But the reason I am quoting you is the part you mentioned about round up numbers. I round up my numbers as well and I know there are other people here who do it. It does not mean that we are all lying/hacking. Some people just dont have the patience to sit there and keep track of every SR. Its hard enough sitting there and soft resetting in the first place. For RE its a bit easier due to the trainer cards. Now you might ask, well how do you know that you're at a certain number if you dont keep track. Well when I first started soft resetting for Latios I kept track the first hour to see how many SRs I can do within an hour without any interruptions. I then keep track of how many hours a day I spend on SRing and with the knowledge of how many SRs I can get in within the hour I make an educated guess on how many SRs I've done in total. I am not trying to stir up anything here with you or the other guy, I am simply defending myself and others who round up.
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

Sigh.... regular shroomish 800 shiny shroomish 0. Really excited now, i hope it shines over the weekend, i intend to be at 1k by then if not. MM's rough believe me EVEN with increased odds. Anyone else agree? I should stop moaning, good job sticking up for yourself, anything you do is your decision and I'm sure you were willing to take any consequences too, thats dedication. @ Blood red absol- your illness sounds pretty severe, congrats on those two shinies.
    I want to make this clear also, i will not judge anyone un this thread unless they are a plain obvious liar.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I'm not calling people hackers if their rounding up, but his whole story seemed fishy.

but I just calculated how long it took me to get to my 10,500 RE's.
        Spoiler:- My avarage RE's.:

Alright, not going further into this. (I'm not a cop.)
    Blood absol, hope you get well soon.

Pokémonadventure, I like your SRing count way, but I like the counting part. Keeps me more alert.

OT:

Just did a little 500 random encounters. I hope I find another 2 shinys tomorrow. I love the Shiny charm!
    Last edited by Dylz; 21st November 2012 at 9:50 PM.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

8,500 RE in Chargestone Cave now! Please something grace my screen soon! This hunt is slowing down right now because of all the university work I have currently to get done and I'm only able to do a limited amount of re each day. Hopefully I get something in the next 500 RE. I wish I had better luck. Is it too much to ask for a short shiny hunt?
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    I started the Badge challenge.
    I so far have Snivy (7,500 SRs)
    and Magnemite (11,000 REs)

I can't decide whether to look in the sewer or the desert for my 3rd badge.
    Er... how the hell did you do 7,500 soft resets for a shiny Snivy in 24 hours (actually, less than 24; since your post about giving a badge quest 'a try' was at 10.29pm yesterday night, and your post about your two BQ shinies is at 8.35pm tonight). That is literally physically impossible. It takes 1 minute per soft reset for Snivy (well, more like 55 seconds), so even if you did SR non-stop for 24 hours that would only give you 1440 soft resets.

Let alone saying that you also somehow did 11,000 random encounters in that same 24 hours. I just timed myself and I got in 36 encounters in ten minutes, so that would be 216 encounters per hour, which would be 5184 encounters in 24 hours. Now obviously that's not completely accurate as the in-game counter counts double-battles as 1 encounter, and the amount you'll find per hour will vary slightly. But even if I was generous and said you got 50 encounters in ten minutes that would still only be 7200 encounters in 24 hours.

Just so you know, I'm not saying you're lying about your shinies, I'm just saying why you can't have done the amount of SR/encounters that you say you have in that amount of time.

Also those are not very good pictures of your shinies. Why wouldn't you show the whole profile pic with your trainer ID/capture location? I mean you could have just found a picture of anyone's shinies on google, cropped-out the trainer names and said they were yours (not saying you did, but it just makes it look more dodgy than it needs to be).

Also, please don't think I'm having a go at you personally. Lol, I've done this to other people in the past. ^^; It's just that it's a big pet peeve of mine when someone comes here saying "oh, I've done so and so many encounters in so and so many hours" when they clearly CAN'T HAVE. >.>

Edit: Lol, I've just been doing some calculations, and it would take you 125 hours to do 7500 soft resets for a shiny starter in Black/White 2, and around 36 hours to do 11,000 encounters (based on getting in 300 encounters per hour).

Anyway.... I'm now at 13,167 encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest shiny. As you may have guessed from my avatar, I'd like a shiny Skitty the most.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 21st November 2012 at 11:22 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Yeah, you can clock a lot of hours when you're sick. I have a chronic illness, so I've had some very productive pokemoning. wait, I got diagnosed with something else this month. so I have TWO chronic illnesses now >.< stupid genetics. getting in the way of university, no less! >: ( thank god I only took one class this semester and my prof is awesome

anyways, thanks for the congrats on the charmander. he's not what I was hoping for, but I'm still happy with him because now I can give one to my friend ^_^ I wouldn't mind one more male, but after that it will start to annoy me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your chronic illness' my wife suffers from quite a few things. She may be a good person to talk to about that for support.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Ok. Rayquaza is playing with my head. I keep thinking that he is a lighter green than he is... So whenever I see a dark color, I'm like "shiiiny!" and I get butterflies! And then I realize that he isn't black, just emerald... (lolz at the reference. )
    I was exactly the same way, and I still think a normal Rayquaza in 4th gen is a lighter green than it should now. Glad to know I wasn't going insane with green.

I'm now at 1926 RE now, and I've decided to start hunting for Articuno while I do this hunt as well, regardless of whether or not "Let it Snow" is the community hunt theme. Unlike the last two SR's hunts, I'm not going to round the number of SR's I do, and just completely ignore it this time. Hoping to see something soon in Chargestone Cave, though there is no rush here. I'd rather see Shiny Lord's Chargestone Cave hunt end first. And to everyone else, good luck as well!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Just started my hunt in Relic Passage tonight. Got in 300 encounters.

I am a little sceptical over the legitimacy of those shinies belonging to Blood Red Absol... Bigger pictures are certainly required... It is unlikely, like Helio said, to get two shinies with that high a number of SRs/REs in less than 24 hours. Could be one of our pictures cropped down, as most of us BQers have a Snivy and Magnemite as our first two shinies... But I'll say 'innocent until proven guilty' I suppose...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,800 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I was exactly the same way, and I still think a normal Rayquaza in 4th gen is a lighter green than it should now. Glad to know I wasn't going insane with green.

I'm now at 1926 RE now, and I've decided to start hunting for Articuno while I do this hunt as well, regardless of whether or not "Let it Snow" is the community hunt theme. Unlike the last two SR's hunts, I'm not going to round the number of SR's I do, and just completely ignore it this time. Hoping to see something soon in Chargestone Cave, though there is no rush here. I'd rather see Shiny Lord's Chargestone Cave hunt end first. And to everyone else, good luck as well!
    speaking of which, those who have not voted yet please send me a PM with your choice (details in OP)
    I had been thinking of the hunts I'd pick for the various options as well I'm thinking Delibird / Smoochum / Poliwag or Charmander depending on which theme wins
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

For the December comm hunt I will hunt for these delibird, cubchoo, poliwag, tepig or heatran
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I think I am calling my hunt quits for the night. I did a total of 1,190 combined SRs in my dual Rayquaza hunt today, bringing my total to 1,690. I would love to get this thing before December hits so that all 3 of my weather trio would count towards this month's hunt (plus I would want a fresh start for the December hunt and of course the sooner I get Rayquaza, the better).

I already have 2 targets in mind for if the "Let it Snow" option gets chosen, but I kind of want to keep them a secret. If the Merry Xmas! (I think that was the name of the first option) is the one chosen, I would probably hunt Deerling. I have yet to think about a fire pokemon for Bah, Humbug even though I have a few that I could choose from and I probably wouldn't participate in the fishing hunt (though I would probably MM for Poliwag to somewhat feel like I am participating, even though it wouldn't count. )

Happy hunting everyone and happy early turkey day for my fellow amuuuuuricans out there!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Cool. U can find the current community hunt on the first post, by Dangertrout.

EDIT: Bah Humbug, becuase my Shiny charmander wont be going to waste, like urs didnt either!!!!!!! Bah humbug, humbug, humbug! *chant~chant*
    Last edited by Chapter; 22nd November 2012 at 2:10 AM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

at 200 RE in celestail tower.
    My shiny pokemon:

re in Celestial tower:

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    OK,
    Time for me to defend myself....
    For those of you who are attempting to scold me for driving while shiny hunting, have you ever answered the phone or even talked on the phone or txt while driving? are you even old enough to drive? If you can honestly answer those both with a no and a yes then let me tell you that I dont ever take my eyes off the road while SRing and driving. All you have to do is put a rubber band around the L and R buttons and then push the start and select button. I blast the sound on the DS and just SR away. If I hear the shiny sound I would pull over (like I did). Now Im not saying that its a good idea to play pokemon while driving but in this circumstance with SR for Latios it wasnt required for me to look at the screen. I wont ever be doing it again because I will now be in charge of taking my son to school and back home again so that will be to much comotion already for me to handle while driving.
    Now for the moral of the story: If you dont have something nice to say dont say it at all. If you have an oppinion, you have a right to state it but if your going to say mean things and judge people keep it to yourself and not on here.
    Thank you!
    No, I have never answered my phone while driving or texted. And I never would. It is dangerous. And yes, I am old enough to drive. I've been driving for over a year.
    It's not a matter of me being "nice" and keeping my opinions to myself, it's discouraging people from behaviour that engangers people arond them. If it was just a matter of you hunting in a certain way that didn't affect anyone I would have held my tounge. But I am glad to see you won't do it again.

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

I need some motivation from my fellow serebii community. I have been trying to sr a shiny rayquaza and it has been several days and around 5000 resets give or take. What do some of yall do to keep up the motivation when it is taking so long? Thanks for any advice. *side note* if this is the wrong spot i apologize in advance.

Actually, prior to your post questioning why no one had commented on the concept of shiny hunting while driving (a couple posts above it), I had mentioned that I was horrified that anyone would be playing video games while driving. I simply didn't make it the main point of my post since I thought it would be off-topic for me to go into a rant about the dangers of distracted driving.

I am old enough to drive, and have been doing so for at least 14 years (I say "at least" because I don't remember precisely when I got my learner's permit.) The only way in which I would ever consider communicating on a cellphone while driving would be with a bluetooth earpiece or on speakerphone.

For the person who has recently been diagnosed with an illness, I'm terribly sorry and I hope you are able to manage it well. I understand how difficult it can be as I have a number of medical problems of my own (diabetes among them.)

Anyway, more on topic: congratulations to the people who have recently found shinies, or relocated them on old games! I've run some more pachirisu eggs since my last post and according to "Gardener" (Join Ave. NPC), I'm up to 388 pachirisus hatched so far. Still no shiny, though I'll keep trying. I really, really want a volt absorber for my team in Black 2, since my Jolteon is one of my best guys in White 2.
    Shinies I Caught/Earned without Trading:
    Gyrados: Platinum RE, Battle Tower area pond; 2 Interaction, HG, SS; Pachirisu (2): Platinum, Chained, 65 wins; Sandshrew: HG RE, Safari Zone, last Safari Ball in session; Rattata: HG RE; Pikachu: HG RE, Forest; Event Legends: GameStop Shinx: Platinum, Chained, 40 wins; Snivy: White, Egg #990; Dratini: White 2, White Treehollow win; Haxorus (2): Interaction, White 2, Black 2; Gible: Black 2, Black Tower win; Quagsire: X, RE; Poliwag: X, Chain Fishing, ~60 caught; Tangela, Rapidash, Exploud: X, Friend Safaris

My Vivillon is Modern Pattern - PM to trade Vivillons.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroded Arceus View Post
    No, I have never answered my phone while driving or texted. And I never would. It is dangerous. And yes, I am old enough to drive. I've been driving for over a year.
    It's not a matter of me being "nice" and keeping my opinions to myself, it's discouraging people from behaviour that engangers people arond them. If it was just a matter of you hunting in a certain way that didn't affect anyone I would have held my tounge. But I am glad to see you won't do it again.
    That's the thing. He knows that it was bad, and he won't do it again, though since he ended up just fine, it clearly didn't affect anyone. Yeah, that's not always the case, but it was this time, so there's not a huge reason to make a scene out of it. I don't think it matters so much that he started by SR'ing while driving, but that it ended with him making a safe decision when Latios decided to shine, and stop such practice.

Quote Originally Posted by onewayout85 View Post
    I need some motivation from my fellow serebii community. I have been trying to sr a shiny rayquaza and it has been several days and around 5000 resets give or take. What do some of yall do to keep up the motivation when it is taking so long? Thanks for any advice. *side note* if this is the wrong spot i apologize in advance.
    One thing you should do is find something to do while SR'ing, like watching TV. Also, know that there are much longer hunts than yours, even for Rayquaza(looks at sig), so think "it could be much worse." It's good motivation to not give up, I think.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

9,000 RE in Chargestone Cave! This feeling is too familiar to me! I mean I finish one hell of a long hunt for my last badge quest shiny and my game can't even be kind to me and give me a shiny at a decent number of encounters. Ugh I hope this comes soon! Like I will be ok with anything even a shiny Joltik(which is realistically the shiny I want the least from this cave)
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

I thought since I didn't have to go to my last class today, and since I don't have to work tomorrow since we're closed, I'd get more REs done for Eevee...Nope, didn't get home till about 5:30, didn't actually start REing till about 6:30, and then ate soon after, did some chores and got to 50 tonight.

So I'm at 650 REs.....Slow and steady wins the race? Hopefully I get a lot more done tomorrow.

Good luck on everyone else's hunts.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

2375 RE's now, so I'm officially over the shiny charm odds for once. I really like how easy it is to get a few RE's even with only a few minutes, so I'll be doing RE a lot more now. I've predicted this hunt would reach this point, though, so I'm not surprised. I've enjoyed my time here though, since I've been able to grab numerous evolution stones through accidental dust clouds. I won't be here until late Sunday(yay for American holiday), so if I get my shiny during that time, I won't be able to post it here. =(
    So since I'll be gone a few days, I may as well say it at least once: good luck everyone!

Up to 1000 RE at Chargestone cave!

Now up to 1500 SR's for Regirock. WIll try to do at least 100 before bed tonight. Very nice job with all the shiny pokes everyone has gotten! Reading your success stories really keeps me at it. For those of you with really long hunts, keep at it and don’t give up ^.^ It will feel great when you finally get it. Take it easy everyone.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

7.7k SRs so far for Shiny Latios. I am praying that it doesn't go over the odds lol I might end up doing a little more before bed and I'll probably end up doing a lot tomorrow since I'll be home alone on Thanksgiving v.v
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

Page 18 of 890 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast