Page 44 of 890 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 22232

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Yeah it's going pretty well cheers pal, currently SR'ing for an Abra in GameCorner since I've never used one in game before so figured it was a good opportunity to do so! Looking forward to SR'ing for Lapras later on in the game as well.

You ever thought about doing a BQ? They really are pretty damn entertaining! Would highly recommend.

Well, it seems like fun. But not sure what the rules are, especially in Soulsilver/Heartgold since there are actually 16 Gyms. And I have to get used to the odds then. So I might just dual hunt with my black 2. So I can count the Random Encounters more easily.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Demysta View Post
    Alrighty! Here's a pic of Robin I can't get my photobucket to work so an attachment will have to do >.<
    Funny thing is... he finally appeared when my ID number was 32000! Guess it was lucky XD

EDIT: Don't worry ShinyBlackWhite, we all get our shiny droughts. Before this Chikorita my last shiny was in September, I believe. D: Just keep on trying! Something has to give up and shine eventually.
    That helps. I've been RE'ing and SR'ing for so long now since the first community hunt in Chargestone Cave that was in August, and it just gets frustrating.

YES!! I completed a hunt for the CH, shiny Regice shone for me this morning after 600-700 SRs.

I really didn 't expect it as quickly after my last two hunts. This time SRs took longer to make sure if it was shiny or not, but when I saw the shadow... it was clear.

It was a long battle because I wanted to capture it with a Dive Ball, however I had to catch it with a Timer Ball xD.

Nature is Impish, that is exactly the opposite than I wanted (Modest) and IVs aren't great but again I can't complain. I just love shiny Regice, its blue is beautiful :P.

Pictures coming soon with Regirocks' pictures too.

Congrats on recent shinies and GLE!
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/v481g1.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/14j9dn8.gif[/IMG]

Congratulations on the Regice!

Quick question for everyone: What is the easiest way to keep track of RE in HG/SS? I'm hoping there's an easier way than tally-marks haha.
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    You'll probably encounter as you travel there or something, just you watch! Good luck.

Dangertrout, I appreciate what you're doing, and I respect your opinion and the opinion of others, but I think the Club was a mixture of a lot of different things, and I don't think it's fair to say that any one thing caused it to internally combust or whatever. In regards to a Shiny Circuit in particular, as that is what we're talking about specifically, what about this?

Next month, you have two or three goals. They can all be themed, or broad, that's up to you or whoever. And leave it casual. Whether someone wants to only do one or complete all three tasks is up to them. I think it could be a positive thing. It already looks like the Community Hunts have been quite a success each month, so I feel as if this is the logical next step.

Unfortunately spamming is always going to happen, regardless.

Another idea is to maybe do a community badge quest in the future, though that might take some effort and time to set up. But that's probably not reasonable.

Anyway, yeah, I guess I see you've made your decision, but let's think things through, maybe?
    No one reads what I write, so what would be the point in adding hunts to the OP? I NEVER said I had made a decision. I, in fact, said I was trying to figure out a way to do it that makes everyone happy, including the mods who hated the SHC.

Now what you all fail to realize is you really don't need my permission to engage in a shiny circuit. You have every right to set your own goals. Much like the half dozen people who are doing BQs together, any one of you can say "I'm doing this circuit!" and then someone else can say "I will join you!"
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 3rd December 2012 at 3:14 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Hey Gustavo yea I will return there most likely after I get 2 or 3 ice shinies or at the start of January which ever comes first. Ill be on vacation on December 14th to the 13rd so ill have a lot of time to do some hunting!
    Congrats to everyone on ur most recent shinies!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'm now on 5,5k Random Encounters.. Still no luck. My game froze once so I lost only 50 encounters, oh well. Hope I get some luck tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I'm now on 5,5k Random Encounters.. Still no luck. My game froze once so I lost only 50 encounters, oh well. Hope I get some luck tonight!
    I gotta ask man how is it everyone always knows how many encounters or SR's they've done while playing the game? Seriously after about 20 I lose track because I'm training to fight whomevers his name is or trying to search for my next team member or finishing a sidequest.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Sigh... my 4th White 2 badge quest shiny has appeared after 7193 encounters.

... and it's a shiny Sandshrew. The one shiny I didn't want AGAIN. >_<

Gah, I can't believe it. I only had a 15% chance of encountering one in the desert resort, as well. All through my hunt I was thinking "oh well, at least I have an 85% chance of NOT getting another shiny Sandshrew".

*facepalm*

So that's four shiny Sandshrew and three shiny Rattata I've found now in my games.

Oh well, at least I can move on now. Here's the video: Oh, look; another shiny Sandshrew

And it's Timid natured. I keep finding shiny Sandshrew with awful natures, too (Bold, Quiet and Timid, I think).

Sigh.... I didn't even want one of the really rare desert resort shinies. I'd have been happy with a shiny Sandile. ;__;

Good luck everyone. Congrats on new shinies.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    I gotta ask man how is it everyone always knows how many encounters or SR's they've done while playing the game? Seriously after about 20 I lose track because I'm training to fight whomevers his name is or trying to search for my next team member or finishing a sidequest.
    I invested in a little hand counter. It's cheap, but does the job. I find it sort of more motivating to track how many SRs or whatever I've done because it makes me feel like I've worked for my shiny.

Sorry about that Sandshrew, Heliotrope... hopefully you'll get a better shiny next.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Actually that's a pretty good idea. Thanks Rose. And never fear Heliotrope because let's be honest you're 2 shinies is worth way more than my rarely ever unless someone trades'em to me any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    I'm playing on my Black 2 Cartridge, My trainer card counts the encounters. :3

And with Masuda Method I count the boxes, and with softreseting I just simply put my pink on the enter button on my Blackberry while it is on the calculator, so everytime I press soft reset, my pink presses enter.
    Last edited by Dylz; 3rd December 2012 at 6:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I'm playing on my Black 2 Cartridge, My trainer card counts the encounters. :3

And with Masuda Method I count the boxes, and with softreseting I just simply put my pink on the enter button on my Blackberry while it is on the calculator, so everytime I press soft reset, my pink presses enter.
    I...didn't actually know the trainer card logged the encounters. =D That could be handy. I noticed you had an unfortunate encounter with a Shiny Solrock much like I did although to be fair yours ended up using explosion whereas I quite simply misjudged it's terrible defence.

Congrtaz on the recent shinies~! I'm deciding on my next mm.. I'm so indecisive i've just been randomly collecting eevee/shuppet eggs with a JP pokemon and an english pokemon until I decide! xD Maybe Shiny Vanillite, Shiny Charmander, or Shiny Turtwig...I think i'm leaning towards Shiny Charmander so my Shiny Charizard female, Mandee has a shiny brother/sister... Anywayz i'm just hatching Eevee/Shuppet eggs atm. Gl to everyone on their hunts~!

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

Wouldn't it be great if when 2 dittos mated, the egg was a totally random Pokemon!! Just a thought!

Congrats but hard luck also on that sandshrew heliotrope!!

Hey all, not much progress, @ Roughly 1360, and really unhappy. Congrats on all the recent shinies. I want an opinion, do you guys think i should continue hunting for Shroomish on black or start my shellder mm for decembers community hunt on white 2 instead? Gl
    I could try dual-mm
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Sigh... my 4th White 2 badge quest shiny has appeared after 7193 encounters.

... and it's a shiny Sandshrew. The one shiny I didn't want AGAIN. >_<

Gah, I can't believe it. I only had a 15% chance of encountering one in the desert resort, as well. All through my hunt I was thinking "oh well, at least I have an 85% chance of NOT getting another shiny Sandshrew".

*facepalm*

So that's four shiny Sandshrew and three shiny Rattata I've found now in my games.

Oh well, at least I can move on now. Here's the video: Oh, look; another shiny Sandshrew

And it's Timid natured. I keep finding shiny Sandshrew with awful natures, too (Bold, Quiet and Timid, I think).

Sigh.... I didn't even want one of the really rare desert resort shinies. I'd have been happy with a shiny Sandile. ;__;

Good luck everyone. Congrats on new shinies.
    Congrats but unlucky on the Sandshrew, Helio! I'm glad you got another shiny, though, as I tend to get one straight after you! 800 encounters already today in Relic Castle, bringing my total encounters to 4,000. I really don't mind if I get Yamask or Sandshrew here. Preferably Yamask, as that doesn't add any same type weaknesses to my team of shinies so far...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,800 SRs

Time to do a few hundreds of random encounters, I really want a Shiny Sneasel or Delibird, hell I even agree with another Piloswine. I just hope I don't get any non Ice pokémon.

After giving it some thought, I will propose two options in regards to the shiny circuit and whatnot.

Option 1: We continue on with our current system. One CH that is tracked in the OP. People can continue to do other hunts, BQs and circuits on their own.
    Option 2: I stop keeping track of the CH in the OP and instead list 3 to 5 hunting options, including a circuit style thing.

Why would I stop tracking with option 2? It would become too much work for me. I have work, university and a serious medical condition to worry about. I don't mind tracking one thing, but as many as 5 hunts, one of which would be a multi-stage hunt, would just be annoying to track. Especially if I have to sift through pages of "I don't have a shiny yet, QQ" type posts.

Which option does everyone prefer?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

I say keep it as it as. Lets not try fix something which isn't broken. Everyone is enjoying the community hunts and there's nothing stopping people doing there own quest type hunts.

Also wanna say a quick thanks to Dangertrout for the work put in to this thread. Nice one buddy, it's much appreciated :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    After giving it some thought, I will propose two options in regards to the shiny circuit and whatnot.

Option 1: We continue on with our current system. One CH that is tracked in the OP. People can continue to do other hunts, BQs and circuits on their own.
    Option 2: I stop keeping track of the CH in the OP and instead list 3 to 5 hunting options, including a circuit style thing.

Why would I stop tracking with option 2? It would become too much work for me. I have work, university and a serious medical condition to worry about. I don't mind tracking one thing, but as many as 5 hunts, one of which would be a multi-stage hunt, would just be annoying to track. Especially if I have to sift through pages of "I don't have a shiny yet, QQ" type posts.

Which option does everyone prefer?
    To be honest I'd probably be happier with option one. Because while I do like the idea of the circuit if we ended up dividing different groups end up being a small faction type of thing. I'm happy to stick with what we've got with you Dangertrout what you've done here is absolutely brilliant and good fun.

I'd say no to the circuit if it means not keeping track of the community hunt.

If you do a circuit, will you be keeping track of people's progress during the circuit? If so, why not incorporate the community hunt as the first leg of the circuit? If a circuit is meant to last several months, then slowing community hunts to follow the circuit wouldn't be difficult to do.

option 1, like dan said we all seem to be happy the way it is right now so no real need to change it

after reaching 12,000 REs in pinwheel i've ended up being distracted by breeding magikarp somehow, i'm gonna get back to it and finish pinwheel so i can start the community hunt
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

After some thought, option 1

Keep up the good work!

Page 44 of 890 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast