Page 49 of 948 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 23676

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Awesome on all the new shinies! Let's see, the Ariados and Cyrogonal, the Koffing (and sorry about that Drifblim, was it? (!)), the ferroseed, and the combee...And I swear I'm forgetting some?! 2 and some pages of posts, there must have been...Anyways, congrats on all of them, especially since it seems to have ended a lot of long hunts for people!

And sorry for those not feeling well/need doctors/discussing surgery that would likely make me cringe...Hope all is/goes well!

Also, to the person who stumbled on the Platinum version, what do you mean by "stumbled on"? Like did you find it in your house after already owning it or did you come across it in a store? I've been looking to see where I can buy a new Platinum version. I only had Diamond that came on the cycloDs card thing which came with the DS that my friend gave me ~4-5 years ago; it was my first pokemon game I was able to play more than 30 seconds of. Even though I don't use the cheats on it, it still doesn't feel legitimate to use it for real now or especially to shiny hunt on, so I figured I could just get Platinum.

And even though I SWEAR I saw Platinum in stores over the summer/early fall, no one has them anymore...At the time, I wasn't even considering buying it, so I didn't pay much attention. I'm guessing maybe Black/White 2 knocked it off shelves or something? But now, it seems to only be available online new for $80+. I'm pretty OCD about getting things new (a very unfortunate/disgusting flaw of mine), so the only options I'm considering are buying it completely new, or not buying it at all. Yes, you're free to call me stupid/irrational/selfish/spoiled for that.

But I figured it would get me closer to being able to collect all pokemon myself, and the more I think about it, a shiny Staraptor is becoming more and more appealing to me. But I can really only get it the way I want if I get Platinum. That or wait until remakes of those games come out (which I can stand the wait for the 3rd gen remakes since it's only what, 2 years wait? But I can't wait 5-6 years for D/P remakes >.<).

I was even thinking maybe a BQ on that game, because if I recall correctly, there's a patch early on with Starlies and Shinxes? Both of those would be great! But again, it's only if I buy it new =\ Or else I seriously doubt I'll get it.

I do still have that $100 on Amazon from the GPT site I use, which was more or less a "rainy day fund" type of thing, to be used on whatever I decide I want to use it on, but I was thinking I'd save up for maybe another DS or something...Plus I hate ordering from all the random sites/stores/people that I've never heard of. But that's like the only options to buy from on Amazon.

Anyways, I'm sorry I've just typed way more than I needed to and it's somewhat off-topic (though still partially related to shinies and how I want to obtain some), but I've really been wondering if there's any secret place that I'm not aware of to find Platinum new for the price it was in stores a few months ago, rather than 2x+ the price...

As for my hunt...85 REs on Sunday, 100 REs on Monday, none yesterday, and so far 5 today that I did in my car before classes again. Will do some more tonight, but went on a spontaneous adventure to the mall and some other stores with a friend after classes today...

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Oh, to the person who asked, I don't turn my c-gear off, but I'm usually only playing it at home anyways, where I leave it plugged in (probably not good for it?). Didn't know it would drain the battery though. I just don't really see any reason to turn it off.
    Last edited by Cpchris; 6th December 2012 at 4:10 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats to all the new shinies! It's hard to remember them all, but I believe there was a Koffing, Ariados, Cryogonal, Combee and maybe a few more... This thread is just full of lucky people!
    Also, sorry about the lost Drifblim Dylz, it's such a great shiny but if you decide to reclaim it I hope it sparkles early on!

As for me, no new shinies to report, but I did get Landorus and my Oval Charm today, so tomorrow I'm going to hatch my 120-130 Charmander eggs and start on Snover. That brings my total number of fire lizards to 164! Wish me luck finding a gold one among the pile!
    Also did a few Village Bridge encounters for Marill but only very few, 30 at most. Hoping I'll find the motivation to juggle 2 hunts!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Okay well seeing as I'm getting my shining charm on B2 quickly, and I haven't even started the W2 I got two months ago yet, I decided to do my first ever badge quest on it. My first target? Tepig! I'll start tomorrow, though, cuz I'm as tired as a Snorlax right now...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Okay well seeing as I'm getting my shining charm on B2 quickly, and I haven't even started the W2 I got two months ago yet, I decided to do my first ever badge quest on it. My first target? Tepig! I'll start tomorrow, though, cuz I'm as tired as a Snorlax right now...
    Since I'm online I may as well say good luck with Tepig! I'm starting a Black 2 BQ when I get the game after xmas, but I'm still umming and ahhing about going for a starter because I've heard it takes a while and I'm not too in love with the shiny 5th gen starters personally.
    I also want to start a SoulSilver BQ, starter included, but I need to finish my nuzlocke and catch Pokémon for my White 2 dex first, so that'll be started next year.
    I tend to ramble, but yeah, good luck with the fire pig!
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    Since I'm online I may as well say good luck with Tepig! I'm starting a Black 2 BQ when I get the game after xmas, but I'm still umming and ahhing about going for a starter because I've heard it takes a while and I'm not too in love with the shiny 5th gen starters personally.
    I also want to start a SoulSilver BQ, starter included, but I need to finish my nuzlocke and catch Pokémon for my White 2 dex first, so that'll be started next year.
    I tend to ramble, but yeah, good luck with the fire pig!
    Thanks, and I ended up doing just 10 SRs tonight. 4 of the Tepigs were female! Now its really bedtime for me!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

I'm awake, I made myself a rotate system with routes how to catch shiny's. Every shiny I get I will switch routes. (Only awesome routes)
    Last edited by Dylz; 6th December 2012 at 9:26 AM.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Congrats to City of Delusion on his shiny Ariados and Cryogonal! I love Ariados, and I also love Cryogonal's red eyes.
    Congrats to Dylz on that shiny Koffing! It looks wicked.
    Congrats to Snivasel on that short shiny Kyurem hunt! What luck!

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Well after much thought I've decided to just end my hunt for Mandibuzz. I just lost the motivation to continue and hate not knowing for sure if it can be shiny. So I will be moving onto Chargestone Cave for my Badge Quest! Really hoping for Joltik the most but Klink or Nosepass would be nice too. Gratz on the Kyurem, Snivasel and gratz on the Koffing Dylz :]

@lavaburst14 - I noticed the C-gear drains my DS's battery faster so I just keep it off.
    So sorry to hear that after all this time, but you need to keep your sanity. So I take it there's no Youtube videos or anything, right?

As for the C-gear, I never have mine on. I spent like two hundred hours on White without a shiny, and then I started getting shinies after I turned it off. Now, I don't want to start rumors or anything, but for my superstitions and my sanity, I keep my C-gear off unless I'm using it. I'm in no way saying it's guaranteed to get your shinies to appear quicker or anything like that, it's just my personal preference.

Congrats to Sinncrow on that beautiful Kabuto! I've tried to hatch me a shiny DW one on and off for a while now, but no luck so far. Look after yours~! And good luck with Mewtwo... it's worth it!
    Congratulations to *Murkrow on her Heatran, Mesprit, Patrat and Deerling! Mesprit in particular looks great!
    Nice one, shinny! Ferroseed is pretty cool! Love the shiny colours on that little prickly steel seed dude guy.
    Congrats to Shiny Lord on that Useless male Combee! Good luck with your next hunt, hopefully it's nowhere near as long ...

I have a suggestion for the next Community Hunt, though it might already have happened before. What about a "reclaim" month? Not everyone has them, but maybe you could work it in somehow where everyone hunts for the Pokemon that exploded, ran away with its tail in between its legs, roared you away, self destructed (is there a difference between exploding and self destructing, really?) or whirlwinded you into another country. Think of it as a fresh start or a new beginning, clearing the backlog or whatever, or wiping the slate? This might be an issue for those who don't have to reclaim any shinies, though, but as I said, maybe someone else can come up with some other idea that might fit with this one? My idea was partly inspired by Dylz, and sorry about the running away thing, and also the whole clean slate at the start of the year thing.

Good luck to Dylz and everyone else hunting right now!

Thanks for offering your help with Spiritomb, Helio, but I managed to use Black in the Dream World and found one in there, and it was actually a female, too!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 6th December 2012 at 9:42 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

It was me that said they stumbled across a platinum!

Although I brought it off of eBay, and it is second hand,
    It only cost about Ł8, (( I guess about $16 ))

However after inspecting it, its basicly brand new!! ,like all books, case in flawless condition, etc,
    I only brought it because im getting a 3ds for Xmas, and I didn't think I could afford a new copy of black 2,
    But im now able to buy it, so its basicly spare ^.^

Think I'll use it for a badge quest, orrrrr just for a 2nd giratina if I insert the cartridge and play dream radar,

Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post

However after inspecting it, its basicly brand new!! ,like all books, case in flawless condition, etc,
    I only brought it because im getting a 3ds for Xmas, and I didn't think I could afford a new copy of black 2,

Think I'll use it for a badge quest, orrrrr just for a 2nd giratina if I insert the cartridge and play dream radar,
    Bless ya Syrrume looks like someones going to have a happy christmas.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Huge congrats to Shiny Lord on finally getting his 5th shiny. I'm sorry it couldn't have been something you wanted but at least the hunt has been put to rest.

Feeling a bit better today so will do some SR'ing now and see what happens.

Congrats on all other shinies and good luck.

After a lot of calculations and resting.

Finally I got a shiny manaphy

I didn't even know my laptop calculator has

more then division and multiplication the numbers

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2294/shinyk.jpg

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

How'd you do that?

I'm currently on 665 Random Encounters.... Drifblim come here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by x.a.x View Post
    After a lot of calculations and resting.

Finally I got a shiny manaphy

I didn't even know my laptop calculator has

more then division and multiplication the numbers

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2294/shinyk.jpg

You my dear friend are some kind of sorcerer. I mean seriously getting one of those things in shiny is an absolute nightmare but congrats x.a.x for the pure class of getting a shiny rare manaphy.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Congrats on ll the recent shinies, last night I got up to 450 eggs for my mystery egg hunt for the ch and I mNGed to finlly get my boxes filled medal. After I htched them all to find nothing I cleared out ten boxes to fill in another 300 eggs so wish me luck that it shines by the time I get done with hatching all those
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I remember in 2007 on diamond I found a shiny shellos close to flower town. I thought it was a bug or a super shellos, so I caught it. Just in 2010 or something I found out about shinies, and you know what's even randommer? In platinum in 2009, I found a shiny luxio in the first rote (I forgot the name of the first evolution), I thought it was the super golden one so I caught it, I just had one pokeball and I did it! I was so happy.

Decided to put my focus on one of the shinies which I've wanted for ages on my Black 2 file with the shiny charm:Shiny Kyurem. Currently at 82 SR's.
    EDIT: Just realized that the community hunt is for ice types. All the more reason to go for Kyurem. =)
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 6th December 2012 at 2:11 PM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Thanks guys I used the rng to find what PID can manaphy be shiny in the other

games, I used smogon PID calculator to find the PID for the manaphy and finally

I used my laptop calculator to change my TID and SID to bin to find if they match with PID

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

Congrats on all recent shinies !
    And wow shiny Manaphy must be a real pain to get..

I guess I'll start to SR for a shiny Regirock on my black2 :P

Wish me luck !
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

Quote Originally Posted by syrrume View Post

Oh, thanks a lot! That's awesome you got such a good copy for a low price. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

First of all, Happy birthday to Master (and myself) and I hope that the doctor treats you nice!

As for shinies, wow! A lot of people have gotten shinies lately!!! Congrats everyone!

As for me, I made it to 100 eggs hatched out of 300 obtained yesterday. So I will be working on some more after my final exam today (which is in two and a half hours). I will finally be a graduate of college after this exam! Woo Hoo! Hoping for a lucking shine today!

Happy hunting everyone!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. (Dec 28) 7. ? 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #7- Wailmer & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

I have a shiny gengar!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    First of all, Happy birthday to Master (and myself) and I hope that the doctor treats you nice!
    Thank you Kitty, and happy birthday to you too! Got some special mouthwash for my throat and by god it works! Have to use it every 2 hours though... which sucks... Just sat down for a 200 RE session now...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

6,750 Run Aways

Just now, after 1,152 random encounters, I ran into a Shiny Male Grunpig. :-D I will be switching routes now, I'll reclaim that balloon later. But I have the feeling that I will be cursed if I stay on the same route.

I will be hunting route 15 now, hoping for either a Gligar which evolves to a awesome Gliscor or a Pupitar which evolves into a awesome Tyranitar :-D

EDIT: I guess my Shiny luck is back then. ;-D or my shiny charm really hates caves.
    Last edited by Dylz; 6th December 2012 at 5:25 PM.

Firstly, I can't believe a MALE Combee shone for Shiny Lord. Deserved a useful shiny!

Happy birthday to Master and Kitty! Miracle mouthwash might bring a shiny for one of you (or both?!).

Progress on my hunts isn't great, but I am edging closer to some 5,000 SRs for Lugia. My other hunts have little priority compared to Lugia.

Nice find on the Platinum, syrrume. I would hope I can find a HeartGold game by New Years...I would love the Pokewalker.

Lastly, I enjoy the reclaim idea from Zane! I have 3-4 shinies to reclaim (Machoke, Krabby, Bibarel and Zubat), so I would love that. I'm sure Dylz would too ^_^
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Yeah I'd love that too, I have to reclaim Stantler (Caught on my girlfriend her cartridge, so its basically hers, I hate having Shiny Pokémon that are free or on someone else their name.

I have to reclaim Solrock because it used explosion, now I'm prepared with a Damp Golduck.

I actually have to reclaim Piloswine, because I ran away of it... but I already have one so I actually don't care about him.

And I have to reclaim Drifblim, since I ran away from it. (Again)

But I'm not staying in the same route after I get a shiny there, so actually I will get it a other time.

Page 49 of 948 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast