Page 53 of 943 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 23554

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

  1. #1301
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Undella town
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Still hatching blooming shroomishes! About 1410 now, cannot wait to start my community hunt for cloyster! And since everyones doing it
    Shortest hunts:
    Re:Roselia (Chained for 3 days on second platinum file and a shiny one came in a regular patch, sorta counts =3)
    MM : Vulpix, 304 eggs, i have a longer short hunt than most peoples =D.
    SR: Not done yet

    Longest hunts:
    Re: Before this forum, i did over 17,000 res on my first platinum file, with no success!
    MM: Treecko 1571 (shroomish is at 1410)
    Sr:N/A
    Gl!!!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

    5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

    6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

    Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

  2. #1302
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    918

    Default

    800 encounters already done today, bringing me to 6,800 total encounters in Relic Castle. Still quite a few encounters left in me today, but taking a break now. Will resume for evening session at around 8pm. Could end up being the longest hunt of my BQ so far (now watch me get it within 414 REs!).
    Current Hunts


    2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

    ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

    11,000 REs

  3. #1303
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    You guys have no stamina! :P If you think 1000 encounters or 1500 eggs is a lot, try doing 27,000 soft resets, like me... and then finding out that Reshiram is programmed not to be shiny. I still haven't got over it yet. XD


    Now at just over 3200 encounters in my White 2 badge quest, and 17,200 encounters in my Heart Gold badge quest.

    And I have a new question: What have been your longest hunts to date?

    Here's mine:
    Random encounter: Blitzle - 25,036 encounters (not completely accurate, since the game counts double battles as one encounter, so in reality it's probably more like 30,000+ encounters)
    Soft reset: Dilaga - 25,249 soft resets
    Egg hatching: Eevee - 4880 eggs
    Well, every time you bring that up, I can't not laugh.
    1,500 eggs is moderate, but I would have died by then anyway...

    I did do 16,816 REs and HBs before abandoning my 3rd BQ hunt and the BQ altogether, so I have endurance for hunting.

    Longest hunts for me:

    SoulSilver Badge Quest #3 - 16,816 combined REs and HBs (no success)

    Chikorita - SoulSilver - 5,184 SRs.

    Wooper - SoulSilver - 3,828 REs (longest successful shiny hunt for REing)

    My current hunts stand at:

    Lugia - SS - 4,900 SRs
    Route 203 - Plat - 3,000
    Lostlorn Forest - B/W - 60 REs

    I would like Lugia to shine soon...

    Anyways, my target after Lugia is undecided now. I want to hunt an Ice-type, but I want to go for the Cyndaquil and Mareep that my SS BQ didn't show me. Totodile would be great as would Chikorita, due to my old Chiko evolving into a Meganium (<3). Ho-oh is also a target...
    Any ideas?
    (done ^_^)
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 7th December 2012 at 7:22 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:


  4. #1304
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Center of Icy-land, aka MI.
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I haven't been hunting a lot lately because I've been sick and because finals are coming up next week but after that I've got three blissful weeks of freedom.

    But I decided I was going to try doing a Leafgreen BQ. Mainly because I've never done a badge quest and because I only have one shiny from 3rd gen and it's not something I'm overtly fond of.

    Now I just need to figure out which starter I want ^__^

    Congrats on all the shinies!

    Longest Hunts
    RE: N/A I've tried to do RE hunts but I get bored so my longest is probably about 1,000 encounters before quitting.
    SR: Technically my chikorita, was +6,000 SR'S (though would you count that as 18,000 since you see all three at once?) But I'm still currently SR'ing for my third SR'D shiny, a shiny torchic and that hunt at 20,204 SR's in counting will definitely be my longest by far.
    MM: I have a strange amount of luck with MM, I usually get them under 500. I'm thinking my longest was probably 500 or 600 eggs and I'm almost positive it was for my eevee, but I'm drawing a blank at the actual number.

  5. #1305
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Letchworth Garden City, UK
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Good evening, all.

    Just hit 200 REs for my Gastly, and will likely be doing another few hundred tonight, maybe more, to compensate for not being able to hunt tomorrow, due to a Lord of the Rings marathon.

    Best of luck to you all!

  6. #1306
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    93

    Default

    @city of delusion,

    Yeah I too do see the greater satisfaction of finding pokes without improved odds,

    I was just mentioning I can see WHY people go for it, I like to think I have a huge amount of stamina for these hunts,

    Although I haven't got a leg to stand on as I don't get platinum, black 2 and my 3ds with dream radar till Xmas!

    But i just KNOW I'll be able to hang in there optimistically even after like 30k+ RE, or SR's haha,


  7. #1307
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Well, my longest hunt so far is between 1350 and 2189 depending on which numbers you want to go by...But it's also my first hunt So it doesn't really count.

    I also just depleted $75.98 from my spare amazon account for Platinum! That leaves me with $14.02 left on that account :x
    I think I'm going to do a BQ on it though. It seems like a kind of fun (albeit frustrating?) thing to do and forces you to get shinies, even ones you might not normally go after...Plus, since I've already played through Diamond, I probably won't be in as much of a rush to go through it story-wise, so I can be patient and wait to get shinies before moving on.

    So I have another question about BQs. I know people can modify what they do to fit their needs/wants, but I'm curious about any "official" rules (which I have yet to see on google).

    Can you go back to earlier routes in your BQ, or are you supposed to hunt in areas that you travel through between gym badges? I'm guessing the latter, and that's probably what I'll do, but just curious.

    Also, let's say I did decide to SR for a shiny starter, am I not supposed to get another shiny until after the first badge then? I'm not sure I'll even SR for a shiny, since I don't think they're that great and would sooner get my Starly or Shinx, but since most people seem to get a shiny starter on their BQs...Well, peer pressure...You know...


    Though I most likely won't start this until after I get my shiny Umbreon. And I only have my 3DS XL, no other handheld. And I just spent most of my funds which I was contemplating spending on a second DS after saving up some more, so that could be a while longer now...

    As always, good luck everyone

    EDIT: Also, when I was trying to find some rules deemed official, I came across someone who said this in response to someone with some BQ questions:
    "This is a stupid and ridiculous challenge. What nitwit would attempt this? ... And this isnt even a challenge. You have to hunt for freaking weeks just to get 1 shiny. And that's if you even get lucky. There's no challenge to this since it's all luck."

    Gotta love people like that If you don't do what they like, you're wrong!
    Last edited by Cpchris; 7th December 2012 at 9:19 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★


    Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 900 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,900 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,700 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

  8. #1308

    Default

    2,000 RE on Route 7 now! I'm not holding my breath for anything to shine early this time! OMG Shiny Zebstrika just appeared across my screen.
    Last edited by Shiny Lord; 7th December 2012 at 9:52 PM.
    Current Hunts

    Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7.
    8.

    Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

    White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

  9. #1309
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Can you SR the Crustle in BW2 with the Colress MCHN? Wanna know before I hunt. We all must know about the Shiny Locks.
    omg, I just had to scroll through your sig to GET to the reply button. Your sig is ridiculously long; spoiler tags are your friend.
    I looked around for the answer to your question, but couldn't find anything definitive. In cases like that I tend to err on the side of caution, because it would suck to try to SR it for weeks and THEN find out it's shiny-locked.
    Also, MMing is my preferred method of hunting, so I'd lean towards MMing a Dwebble anyways.

    edit @ ChaoticInverse, What game are you SRing Torchic in? I ask because certain 3rd gen games make it almost impossible to SR shinies.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

  10. #1310
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    2,000 RE on Route 7 now! I'm not holding my breath for anything to shine early this time! OMG Shiny Zebstrika just appeared across my screen.
    That's awesome ! Hope you catch it!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★


    Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 900 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,900 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,700 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

  11. #1311

    Default

    So my game actually showed sympathy for me for my 6th Badge Quest shiny. Shiny Zebstrika appeared after only 2,025 RE on Route 7. It is female(first female shiny of my badge quest) has a Careful Nature and Strong Willed. It's Ability is Lightningrod. Photo 140.jpg
    Current Hunts

    Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7.
    8.

    Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

    White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

  12. #1312

    Default

    Longest/shortest hunts? Well, I've had a fair few short hunts - 22 eggs for Trapinch, 15 for Swoobat, 120 encounters for Lanturn is pretty lucky! But my longest has to be 70,000 Srs for the Johto starters in Hg, with absoulutley NOTHING to show for it So ya know, ya get a few short ones, a few long ones

    Ohh, congrats on that beautiful shiny zebstrika!
    Last edited by Callie-Rose; 7th December 2012 at 10:12 PM.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/qovamc.png[/IMG]
    December Hunt Target - Spheal MM! 0 eggs [img]http://i46.*******.com/10sdets.png[/img]

  13. #1313
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal (GMT+0)
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    2,000 RE on Route 7 now! I'm not holding my breath for anything to shine early this time! OMG Shiny Zebstrika just appeared across my screen.
    awesome shiny!! congrats

    Just hit 395 eggs hatched for Snorunt. I have a feeling this CH of mine is going to be long x)
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 7th December 2012 at 11:40 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

    . Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

    . Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

    Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .



    Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched


        Spoiler:- MM results:

  14. #1314
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Letchworth Garden City, UK
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    So my game actually showed sympathy for me for my 6th Badge Quest shiny. Shiny Zebstrika appeared after only 2,025 RE on Route 7. It is female(first female shiny of my badge quest) has a Careful Nature and Strong Willed. It's Ability is Lightningrod. Photo 140.jpg
    Congratulations!

    I'm still looking for my first shiny. After 343 encounters at Bellsprout Tower, Gastly still refuses to shine.

  15. #1315
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    So my game actually showed sympathy for me for my 6th Badge Quest shiny. Shiny Zebstrika appeared after only 2,025 RE on Route 7. It is female(first female shiny of my badge quest) has a Careful Nature and Strong Willed. It's Ability is Lightningrod. Photo 140.jpg
    Oh, awesome shiny ! Congrats :P
    Also my regirock refuses to shine !
    Im up to 1300 SR I guess
    Last edited by shinny; 7th December 2012 at 10:34 PM.
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

  16. #1316
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Letchworth Garden City, UK
    Posts
    177

    Default

    I have another 37 SRs to do (I'm currently at 363), and I'll stop for the night. Probably going to cut my hair. Hopefully Gastly will shine for me in the next few minutes

    Edit: Actually, I'll stop now. Need to prepare for the Lord of the Rings marathon tomorrow, and Gastly won't shine for me
    Last edited by DJMonty; 7th December 2012 at 11:13 PM.

  17. #1317
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    630

    Default

    ^ It could take like 20k random encounters. :-P



    Got a total of 1.8k random encounters now, will continue to do like 500 more tomorrow, and the day after another 500. Cmon Growlithe. SHINE!



    ~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

    ~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

    ~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

  18. #1318
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    You know, three pages with only a couple posts that are actually about shinies, fine. There were questions asked and answered and whatnot. but are all these small updates really necessary? unless you've gone over the odds, or you haven't posted in days, you shouldn't be leaving posts that JUST say "I did 50 RE's in the last hour, nothing yet! T_T"
    This is getting ridiculous, and annoying to people who are trying to track a community hunt, AND against the second rule in the first post: "Try to limit posts that are only progress updates to once a day (unless you got your shiny after your update)"
    It's NOT a very hard rule to follow >: (
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

  19. #1319
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Yeah but you know, people like to talk about shiny's constantly. I congratz people, and like every 500 random encounters I tell where I am. There should be a shiny chat or something, are you able to arrange that? That would be awesome.



    ~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

    ~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

    ~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

  20. #1320
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    150

    Default

    That idea would be really great to put in action
    3DS FC: 2036 - 7438 - 6637

  21. #1321
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Well, my longest hunt so far is between 1350 and 2189 depending on which numbers you want to go by...But it's also my first hunt So it doesn't really count.

    I also just depleted $75.98 from my spare amazon account for Platinum! That leaves me with $14.02 left on that account :x
    I think I'm going to do a BQ on it though. It seems like a kind of fun (albeit frustrating?) thing to do and forces you to get shinies, even ones you might not normally go after...Plus, since I've already played through Diamond, I probably won't be in as much of a rush to go through it story-wise, so I can be patient and wait to get shinies before moving on.

    So I have another question about BQs. I know people can modify what they do to fit their needs/wants, but I'm curious about any "official" rules (which I have yet to see on google).

    Can you go back to earlier routes in your BQ, or are you supposed to hunt in areas that you travel through between gym badges? I'm guessing the latter, and that's probably what I'll do, but just curious.

    Also, let's say I did decide to SR for a shiny starter, am I not supposed to get another shiny until after the first badge then? I'm not sure I'll even SR for a shiny, since I don't think they're that great and would sooner get my Starly or Shinx, but since most people seem to get a shiny starter on their BQs...Well, peer pressure...You know...


    Though I most likely won't start this until after I get my shiny Umbreon. And I only have my 3DS XL, no other handheld. And I just spent most of my funds which I was contemplating spending on a second DS after saving up some more, so that could be a while longer now...

    As always, good luck everyone

    EDIT: Also, when I was trying to find some rules deemed official, I came across someone who said this in response to someone with some BQ questions:
    "This is a stupid and ridiculous challenge. What nitwit would attempt this? ... And this isnt even a challenge. You have to hunt for freaking weeks just to get 1 shiny. And that's if you even get lucky. There's no challenge to this since it's all luck."

    Gotta love people like that If you don't do what they like, you're wrong!
    Well, there are ground rules.

    - You must get a shiny prior to each gym. You don't need a shiny starter, My BQ hasn't got one.
    - You can hunt anywhere. You can hunt in one route more than once.

    Also, that person mustn't know how challenging it is to be patient...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:


  22. #1322
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    918

    Default

    7,300 encounters now at Relic Castle, making this the longest hunt of my badge quest so far... May well do 100 more encounters and call it a night (that will be 1,400 encounters today!)
    Current Hunts


    2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

    ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

    11,000 REs

  23. #1323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Yeah but you know, people like to talk about shiny's constantly. I congratz people, and like every 500 random encounters I tell where I am. There should be a shiny chat or something, are you able to arrange that? That would be awesome.
    It isn't necessary, though, and this thread is gaining like 7 or 8 pages a week. Honestly, I really don't care if you've just done 500 REs or not. You didn't post that you found a shiny, so I know that you oviously didn't find one.

    Basically I think that it is really only necessary to post about hunts when you are
    -beginning a hunt
    -changing a hunt
    -quitting a hunt
    -completing a hunt because you found a shiny



    ...and the occasional question.

    Since this isn't a thread just for updates, of course discussion about shinies should be welcome, but not shiny hunts, except the reasons I gave.

    But, that's just my opinion...
    Last edited by TheEliteEmpoleon; 8th December 2012 at 12:42 AM.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

  24. #1324
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Community Hunt Completed

    WOOOHOOOOOOO IM SOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!! While gathering and storing eggs a couple of them were hatching while I was getting them from the old man, and to my surprise I look down and see a blue handed snow covered christmas tree!!!!If you are wondering what that is, it is my secret hunt via masuda method Shiny Snover!!! he is so awesome! he is sassy natured and strong willed. You can view the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmxsxBDdW94
    I still have 3-4 boxes to hatch so I may just have another one waiting for me!
    Congrats to everyone on their shinies as well!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  25. #1325
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    It isn't necessary, though, and this thread is gaining like 7 or 8 pages a week. Honestly, I really don't care if you've just done 500 REs or not. You didn't post that you found a shiny, so I know that you oviously didn't find one.

    Basically I think that it is really only necessary to post about hunts when you are
    -beginning a hunt
    -changing a hunt
    -quitting a hunt
    -completing a hunt because you found a shiny



    ...and the occasional question.

    Since this isn't a thread just for updates, of course discussion about shinies should be welcome, but not shiny hunts, except the reasons I gave.

    But, that's just my opinion...
    That's exactly how I feel about it. I mean, I'm glad people are excited and all, but when everyone does it the thread grows far too quickly for nothing.

    On the subject of changing hunts, I think I'm going to drop out of the CH. My Smoochum hunt is driving me crazy (why is the shiny so close to the regular form?!) While I'm not over the odds yet, I'm getting close to it and I'm just not enjoying hunting anymore. So I'm reorganizing some of my games and taking stock of which shinies I have and which need to be replaced because they lack my OT. Both lists are very long >.<

    Good luck to everyone in their CHs, BQs and other projects!

    edit - grats on Snover!
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Page 53 of 943 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •