Page 80 of 908 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 22695

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

....as for me, I guess my Shiny Kyurem is the last shiny I got on this year.

Doesn't seems like I'll get any other shiny soon. I have no more time to hunt now, and there's only around one and a half hour left before new year.

It's still a great thing anyway, ending the year with a shiny legend that also counts as completing a CH

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

This is the first month this year that I will not have a shiny I have a bit of time to hatch some smoochums, but I'm not holding my breath
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Happy new Year's Eve! Congrats on recent shinies, and what is this month's CH? The baby thing?

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Going to hatch a few more Rotom, but I'm not too hopeful. But we'll see!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Happy new Year's Eve! Congrats on recent shinies, and what is this month's CH? The baby thing?
    That's right. The info is already in the OP, below the current hunt =)
    Free Rattatas. PM me

What do you called a hunt if you don't used MM to hatch eggs?What if I hatch eggs using the normal methods to hatch a egg?

Uhh... There is no name for that. Just, hatching. XD

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

lol thanks?

Well, I'm going to be churning out a bunch of Deino eggs today. Goal is to try and get shiny Deino on New Year's Eve, which is always a special shiny day for me since it's the anniversary of my first shiny- 9 years ago today I caught a shiny Swablu and have been hooked on shinies since.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Ridley View Post
    Well, I'm going to be churning out a bunch of Deino eggs today. Goal is to try and get shiny Deino on New Year's Eve, which is always a special shiny day for me since it's the anniversary of my first shiny- 9 years ago today I caught a shiny Swablu and have been hooked on shinies since.
    Good luck, the chance to get a shiny in just less than a day is very very small, but it's not impossible

.....and it's already 12:30 AM in here, which means I can start the next CH

but considering I'm busy for the next two days, I guess I should start the CH later on, otherwise I'll lost my focus for the next two days XD

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Hello everyone just an update on my RE hunt on route 15.. well approaching 700 RE's with no shiny yet but i still have hope i can get one before New Year. Something else i was wondering about though is what are these community hunts people are on about? Could someone explain please?
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Hello everyone just an update on my RE hunt on route 15.. well approaching 700 RE's with no shiny yet but i still have hope i can get one before New Year. Something else i was wondering about though is what are these community hunts people are on about? Could someone explain please?
    It's just a hunt that a bunch of us work on together. If you look at the OP, you will see what the current hunt is and who has completed it this month.
    Free Rattatas. PM me

i wanted to get a post in on the 100th page just to feel special :3... anyway im at
    1600 REs for my 3rd BQ shiny and 1234 SRs for shiny pansage happy new years eve everyone and i wish you good luck in the new year
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

I'm back again, for a brief moment. Happy new years, everyone! I've completed W2 with a total of 4 shinies found during my playthrough. I got really lucky for 2, and the other 2 were on purpose, REing and SRing. Magnemite, Elekid, Staryu, and Terrakion. I'm going to take a rest from shiny hunting, because I'm not a very patient person, and 4 shinies is more than enough for me. Good luck to everyone in the new year!
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

A question about Badge Quests:

Im doing a Heart Gold badge quest at the same time as my Leaf Green. I will have to hunt a shiny for each of the Kanto badges too? Or just hunting in Johto will be enough?

Thanks for answers and good luck/congrats everyone on your hunts!
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

Quote Originally Posted by cuchifru View Post
    A question about Badge Quests:

Im doing a Heart Gold badge quest at the same time as my Leaf Green. I will have to hunt a shiny for each of the Kanto badges too? Or just hunting in Johto will be enough?

Thanks for answers and good luck/congrats everyone on your hunts!
    A BQ is a self-imposed challenge, so it's up to you if you want to only do it for the Johto side or if you want to do it for the Kanto side as well =)
    Free Rattatas. PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    A BQ is a self-imposed challenge, so it's up to you if you want to only do it for the Johto side or if you want to do it for the Kanto side as well =)
    Well, thanks a lot

Updated signature with current progress of both hunts ^_^ Not hunting any Johto Starter in special.

EDIT: Updated Shiny Pokecheck box with Articuno.
    Last edited by cuchifru; 31st December 2012 at 7:25 PM.
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

Hey guys, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! Congrats on the all the newest shinies, and a huge congrats to you cocoadragon on finally getting that Shiny Oshawott you deserved after so long!

I'm at 2275 SRs for Kyurem. Looks like I won't be getting a shiny this month either |D There's still a few hours left for me till it's New Years Day though, so who knows. I think I won't take part in the next Community Hunt now, at least for a while. I'd just like Kyurem or Groudon to shine soon, and then get back to SRing Tepig and hatching for Snivy. I think it'll be ages before I actually get to play White 2 at this rate XD.

Good luck everyone on your hunts~ ^_^
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

Finally beat my white 2, so back to hunting. Instead of continuing my 17,500 encounter hunt I'm triple MMing for tepig, Snivy and riolu.

Congratiez on all the recent shinies and New Year's Eve shinies~! I collected 90 MM Trapinch eggs today out of pure bordom(I'm dieing) randomness. Idk what to hunt, but I might go for a BW2 random encounter outside Pinwheel forest, or Revesal Mountain. Not sure what to do yet, but GL to everyone on their hunts no matter what you hunt

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 87~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Wurmple(OR Horde)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

My Bank Ball Collection Spreadsheet

Zangoose pls ;A;
    I'm a few eggs away from matching the number of eggs I got my Shiny Miltank, and Zangoose still hasn't shone. It looks like my lucky streak has run its course.
    Pinkie's Current Team!

Pinkie's Shinies!
    RE: [as a Tympole] [as a Karrablast]
    Trade/Gift:
    MM: [355 Eggs] [86 Eggs] [103 Eggs]

Heart Gold FC: 3438 5754 3906 | White 2 FC: 1808 0069 2399

Shiny Hunt: [White] and [Fire Red] [via Soft Resetting]
    Previous: 103 Eggs
    On Hiatus: [1130] [570] [270]
    Next up: ???

Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    What do you called a hunt if you don't used MM to hatch eggs?What if I hatch eggs using the normal methods to hatch a egg?
    I would assume just "Breeding" or "Hatching" would probably work as well. It's kind of like how someone would find a random shiny through a typical random encounter, it's still called a random encounter whether hunting or not though, so it's kind of tricky differentiating between the two

Anyways, good luck everyone, hope you all can get some end of year shinies! I most likely won't get any unless through a miracle, as I hardly have any time to. Now that I'm done with work, I'm supposed to go meet my friends in less than an hour, and still have to shower/change and drive over there.

This morning, I took the time to go through (quickly) a Platinum walkthrough to see when I encounter which routes to know where my options after the badges. It's a little disappointing though, as it would seem all of the routes with a lot of Starly or Shinx are early on before the first badge (at which point, I would hopefully have my Piplup), so then after the first badge...There are some questionable things about that though, such as how Route 204 is accessible before the first badge, but not needed (and can't go beyond it) until after the first badge is obtained...So would that count as more of a first gym badge area since you can go there before the first badge, or a second gym badge area since there's really no use of it until going towards the second gym badge?

People don't normally go back to earlier routes for a shiny later on, right? I mean you wouldn't go back to the second route for your 3rd shiny, right? I know there are Luxios and Staravias in later routes, but I think it'd be neat to catch them as Shinx and Starly.

Also, how much do you all make shinies the focus of your playing in general during a BQ? By that I mean, will you find other non-shiny pokemon to use to help you catch shiny pokemon (say, finding a Damp pokemon in case of explosion, or a pokemon who can use false swipe, etc.)? Or do you find a non-shiny pokemon who can be an HM slave or something, or who can use a certain HM that none of your shinies can use? Just curious to see what other's say.

I was thinking maybe as an added challenge, I would try to make all the pokemon I use shinies (and maybe catch non-shinies only for the sake of pokedex entries and having them all caught). So even if I start with a shiny Piplup, I would then try to catch a shiny Bidoof for HMs so that I could have more liberty with my other shiny pokemon that I care more about (ex. I wouldn't have to give my Piplup "Cut"). And I would try to only catch shinies with shinies...Which could lead to problems if I came across one that was too weak to my other pokemon (though hopefully it'd be so weak a normal pokeball could catch it anyways), or if I came across an Abra who teleports or a Geodude who explodes without the proper pokemon to prevent those moves.

Basically, under that condition, the only pokemon I would ever use for anything would be shiny. It wouldn't just be shinies only when battling or something. I'm just not sure if that would be too difficult, or if it would lead to too much trouble (like I said, missing out on possible shiny pokemon if they explode or something).

Well, curious to know what anyone else thinks about this stuff!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 6,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I just got my shiny Pawniard! Female, Adamant, Defiant, 31 in Speed, and knows Psycho Cut. My first MM and I couldn't be happier, although I don't know which number I should report. 233 eggs since getting the shiny charm, or 884 eggs overall? Either way I am ecstatic and ready for the CH starting tomorrow.

Since I don't think I will be hunting at all tonight I assume Shiny Swablu will be my last 2012 shiny. In 2012 I managed to get 46 out of my 53 shinies that I have acquired myself. It's been a good year! Congrats on everyones recent shinies. Hope everybody has a Happy New Year! Update on pokedex completion(200 Captured I still have a long way to go)
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

@cpchris- It's really up to you what you want to do. I personally like to have non-shinies on my team, just so I could hunt faster. The shiny sound adds a few seconds before the battle starts. I think it is just fine to use non-shinies on your team for the purpose of HM moves, backup, and other reasons. But really, you're the one hunting, so you can decide what to do.
    Got my copy of X!

Page 80 of 908 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast