Page 82 of 940 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 23492

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Going to MM Happiny, or maybe just not do the CH because I just realized one of my favorite pokes who I've been raising is from Japan, so will more likely do a Ninetails/Vulpix MM. Stinks that Ninetails is pink though. I love fire types and it would be hard to pas up an easy MM like this. GL on your Cyndaquil Dylz, and Congratz on all of those recent shinies! Been seeing a lot of Chikorita's lately. Happy New Year!!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Hey everyone and happy new years! congrats on all them shinies last night and this morning!! I am currently working on my REing for my 4th Eevee. I am up to 1,122 REs and on the breeding side i am at about 32/210 eggs. I am hoping that my next RE one will come soon because these things take forever to find!!

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Last night I dreamt I'd finally gotten my shiny Eevee and she was timid with adaptability.That dream felt so real.What are you doing to me Eevee. >_<
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    well phooey, no shiny for December after all
    If one of these eggs I hatch today is shiny (still emptying the boxes), I will be very cross >: (
    Don't worry, my Vanillite hunt didn't end too well either.
    I was trying to rush to hatch eggs in hopes it'll shine before 12 AM so it'll still count.
    However it passed 12 and no egg that hatched shine so my hunt epically failed,
    but I suppose I'll have a better chance this month. I'm starting a new hunt for the CH and hopefully I'll be lucky this time.

May your newer hunts be successful.

Hello everyone. I am just over 1500 RE's for a shiny on route 15 now. Hopefully something shines soon. I really want to join in on this Community hunt, it'll be my first one. I was thinking about going for a shiny Riolu. I was planning on MMing one anyway so maybe that or Chingling. Not too sure on any of the others to be honest as thier shiny forms don't impress me much. I may consider mime jr or bonsly as well though.

Congratulations to all recent shinies gotten and Happy New Year to everyone.
    Shinies are good.

Gratz to all, it seems Chikorita has decided to shine for many.
    I've narrowed it down to about 5 pokemon I need for the charm,
    so yes I should get it today, can't wait to start hunting again!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Got a golden Pidgey when searching for Raikou south of Ecruteak! So happy! Won't EV train it though; not very fit for competitive battling but just for fun.

Sent it to Black 2 and now she's a Pidgeot named Gael. I'm so proud of her
    Aw! Cool! Guessing it was a random encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    Last night I dreamt I'd finally gotten my shiny Eevee and she was timid with adaptability.That dream felt so real.What are you doing to me Eevee. >_<
    So I'm not the only one who dreams of getting a shiny, I dream't once i lost a shiny Bayleef. They are realistic.

OT: 90 Heatmor Eggs. Don't know about Floccesy, maybe around 80 REs? And 2 SRs on Latias, but I'm not gonna count them.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'M SMILING RIGHT NOW.

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Aw! Cool! Guessing it was a random encounter.

So I'm not the only one who dreams of getting a shiny, I dream't once i lost a shiny Bayleef. They are realistic.

OT: 90 Heatmor Eggs. Don't know about Floccesy, maybe around 80 REs? And 2 SRs on Latias, but I'm not gonna count them.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'M SMILING RIGHT NOW.
    I once fell asleep in class, I had just finished my work and had some free time so I closed my eyes.
    I dreamed I randomly found a shiny in a double battle, I couldn't remember the Pokemon but I saw the sparkles and in my head I was like 'Shiny!'
    and then I snapped out of my dream to find that it was time for class to switch.

I hate dreams like that. Oh and dreams where my game messes up. On one instance, I dreamed that my Platinum was messed up and as soon as I got up and played I got a corrupted error and freaked. Then I did some search and luckily my game didn't delete itself (400 hours and 500+ down the drain) or had issues afterwards.

I dreamed once that I had all my shinies on my SoulSilver file, and that a darn kid got hold of my cartridge and broke it. I woke up and was completely mindblown

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Well, here are the pics from my shiny Hoothoot last night.

Spoiler:- Fly!:

Spoiler:- Sparkling...:
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Still no shiny Eevee!I'm currently @ 1300 eggs.I guess Eevee won't shine before my exams.I'll be collecting eggs for a while then.
    Most recent shiny:

Currently on 500 SR's, time to sleep and get 1k extra tomorrow. GL all!

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

6,000 ducks... This truly is motivationally draining... BUT I WILL CONTINUE!!!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

8,250 REs

Hmm... I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which ability would be better for the shiny Munchlax I'm breeding- Thick Fat or Gluttony. Snorlax has high special def. so maybe it doesn't need the extra Fire/Water resistance. I'm not sure just how much sooner Gluttony kicks in than usual.

edit: never mind, found it. 50% instead of the usual 25%. Might go nicely with Recycle.

I see a lot of Chikoritas are deciding to shine! Congrats Cuchifru, RaichuArcanine and Dylz! I still treasure my shiny Meganium I got in 2010, she's my favourite shiny in my collection thus far despite Drifblim being my favourite Pokémon. Her colours + the fact I somehow managed to get female just can't be beaten yet! Maybe when I get Porygon-Z which has been a target for nearly 4 years now ;D
    Her names Hibiscus for anyone who likes hearing that kind of stuff, but I don't have natures or anything on hand sorry...

And OF COURSE congrats on EVERY other shiny since my last post, I remember an Eevee, Pidgey, Gothita, Pawniyard and possibly a lot more. And good luck to everyone on their current hunts! Am I to expect many, many baby Pokémon?

As for me, still working on the Shiny Charm for now. I miss shiny hunting but I haven't had time to squeeze in both yet, and I would like to get this Shiny Charm sooner rather than later!
    I've now got 504 obtained in my National Dex leaving me with 145 left to get! I should, as long as everything goes smoothly, be able to finish by the end of this week, hopefully!
    After that, I'm unsure if it'll be Shaymin or one of my badge quests... My boyfriend is SRing for Registeel so our Virbank Complex race with Shiny Charms is postphoned. And I was so excited too!

Anyways, pointless update, but keeping track helps stay motivated and I love seeing people get my favourite Johto starter as a shiny XP
    Now if only I could get Totodile and finish off my trio. Hopefully I will for my eventual SS badge quest!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    You only need 638 pokemon to get the shiny charm... the event-only distributed ones aren't counted for pokedex completion.
    I know! I didn't go into the game expecting to need event legends for anything, but I already have most. I think Jirachi, Celebi and Meloetta are the only ones I'm missing, and it's easier to just count every Pokémon since I do plan to eventually try and get those 3.
    Regardless, if it bothers anyone, just take 3 from my total, though I've been working hard since I posted and now I only have 133 (or 130) left to get, woo! ^w^
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 2nd January 2013 at 7:32 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    As for me, still working on the Shiny Charm for now. I miss shiny hunting but I haven't had time to squeeze in both yet, and I would like to get this Shiny Charm sooner rather than later!
    I've now got 504 obtained in my National Dex leaving me with 145 left to get! I should, as long as everything goes smoothly, be able to finish by the end of this week, hopefully!
    After that, I'm unsure if it'll be Shaymin or one of my badge quests... My boyfriend is SRing for Registeel so our Virbank Complex race with Shiny Charms is postphoned. And I was so excited too!

You only need 638 pokemon to get the shiny charm... the event-only distributed ones aren't counted for pokedex completion.

Thanks for the congrats guys! I renamed him Herbie because it suits him better and he's now a Meganium. I've decided to stop my MM hunt for Azurill-partly because I need to get back to my White 2 Badge Quest in Floccesy Ranch where it has a chance to shine and I didn't have much enthusiasm for the hunt. I think SRing is my new favorite method of hunting-especially when dual hunting. I love dual hunting as doing two systems makes the hunts go faster. So, I'm currently returning to my White 2 Badge Quest RE hunt is Floccesy Ranch, hoping for Mareep, Azurill or Riolu and in Soul Silver I'll be doing a RE hunt for in Route 36 hoping for Nidoran M, Pidgey or Vulpix to shine. There's actually a bit of a story behind why I want Nidoran M to shine the most. I'll put it in a spoiler otherwise this post will be too long.
        Spoiler:- The Story:

I've got an awesome all Shiny Team planned for Soulsilver too:Meganium, Umbreon, Nidoking/Pidgeot/Ninetales, Lapras, Lugia and Dragonair. As always good luck everyone!
    EDIT: just found out that another forum I'm on is having a CH to get Shiny Eevee, so the route 36 hunt is paused until I get it. This way I can dual SR on Heartgold for Totodile. Bill's Eevee can be shiny right?
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 2nd January 2013 at 9:37 AM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Congrats to all the recent shinies everyone. I've finally found my 3rd HG BQ shiny. I didn't even see it appear. I entered an encounter and then left the room to get a snack and I return to find a male, naive shiny Growlithe on my screen. I am extremely happy as it is my second favourite pokemon after Cyndaquil. I don't know how many encounters it took as I don't keep track but its been about 70hrs on my game file since my shiny Metapod. Don't know where I'll hunt for my next BQ shiny. Hoping when I do decide it will be a shorter hunt. Haven't done any other hunting as I've been focussing on my HG BQ since my last post and my brother has been playing his DS again. Good luck to those still hunting.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...056E0C1979.jpg

EDIT: Wasn't sure if I was allowed to post again or not so edited this post just to be on the safe side but after completing the next part of the story in HG I swapped to my B2 and was hunting in Virbank complex and after 1,113 encounters I just got a shiny Koffing. It's female with an adamant nature. 2 shinies in a day wow!

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...0865C77234.jpg
    Last edited by Cyndajay; 2nd January 2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: 2nd shiny obtained
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Ah, I'd really like to go shiny hunting, but I doubt I'd ever be so devoted compared to some of you guys. I once went Shiny hunting in the gen 3 (RSE) games for an Absol, but gave up after only 100 encounters. Any suggestions, other than Masuda Method?
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Ah, I'd really like to go shiny hunting, but I doubt I'd ever be so devoted compared to some of you guys. I once went Shiny hunting in the gen 3 (RSE) games for an Absol, but gave up after only 100 encounters. Any suggestions, other than Masuda Method?
    Well, there is the shiny charm in B2/W2 which has a 300% chance greater at finding shinies. Also soft reseting for legendaries/starters too.

Congrats on all the shinies guys!!

I've done 1284 REs for my 3rd SS BQ Pokemon, including 150 headbutted trees, which produced about 70 or so Heracross. Heracross would me first shiny choice, but since it's seems to take forever to headbutt, and the rain makes the battle longer, I think I'll just stick to random encountering. Right now I'm on route 36, hoping for a Nidoran, although I wouldn't be disappointed by any shiny on the route, but since I've already got Quilava on my team, vulpix is the least wanted. I'm also considering moving back to dark cave, or slowpoke's well, as a zubat qould be a terrific shiny too, and I'd love Geodude too.

I've also hatched 30 eggs on my B2 for the community hunt. My Sneasal hunt was a dud last month, where I hatched over 900 eggs before I got bored and started this BQ, so I'm hoping for better luck this time.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

I'm currently over 540 Zangoose eggs, and not a single Shiny yet. I'm really hoping that it shines soon, because I still have yet to start on Seviper, and I promised my brother that I would get him the Shinies of the 3 elemental monkeys. I guess that I feel entitled to get Shinies alot sooner than average seeing as my first 3 hatched in less than 500. I don't know what I should do! ;A;
    Pinkie's Current Team!

Pinkie's Shinies!
    RE: [as a Tympole] [as a Karrablast]
    Trade/Gift:
    MM: [355 Eggs] [86 Eggs] [103 Eggs]

Heart Gold FC: 3438 5754 3906 | White 2 FC: 1808 0069 2399

Shiny Hunt: [White] and [Fire Red] [via Soft Resetting]
    Previous: 103 Eggs
    On Hiatus: [1130] [570] [270]
    Next up: ???

Quote Originally Posted by EMP_Pinkie_Pie View Post
    I'm currently over 540 Zangoose eggs, and not a single Shiny yet. I'm really hoping that it shines soon, because I still have yet to start on Seviper, and I promised my brother that I would get him the Shinies of the 3 elemental monkeys. I guess that I feel entitled to get Shinies alot sooner than average seeing as my first 3 hatched in less than 500. I don't know what I should do! ;A;
    I wa blessed with a short MM hunt once.Never happened again.I got most of my MM shinies @ 1000+ eggs.>_<
    Most recent shiny:

Going strong with my dex, at 415. I wish I could just transfer my completed dex over from White >.< Plan on hunting for Kyurem, Latias and Terrakion as starters. Good luck everyone!

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    I wa blessed with a short MM hunt once.Never happened again.I got most of my MM shinies @ 1000+ eggs.>_<
    The only time MM gave me a shiny in a short amount of time, was when I did not aim for a shiny ._.

I was breeding my female Serp with my only Smeargle (which happens to be Japanese) on Black, because I want to get a female Snivy into my Black 2......egg #25, a shiny Snivy O_O

All my other MM so far ends up giving me a shiny after more than 200 eggs.....Squirtle even takes around 3000 eggs and around a month of hunting, if I recall correctly. And the worse part is, Everstone didn't work on it, got Lonely instead of Modest -_- (it was before B2/W2, so I was MM-ing on Black, which means Everstone does not gives 100% chance of passing the Nature)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Decided to go for the Round Charm. I started trying to complete my dex a while back and never finished, but Azurill hatch so quickly that I find myself often with an empty party, bar my Volcarona. The only Pokemon left for my dex are Tropius, Toxicroak, and the Tyranitar line, so I'm going to go scour the GTS later. In related news, I'm up to 78 eggs on my Azurill hunt, and hatched through the rest of my Rotom eggs whilst hunting. No shinies there, though.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Page 82 of 940 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast