Page 90 of 906 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 22643

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

386 eggs for Azurill - progress is slow but steady. I may do a BQ for X/Y but I haven't thought about it much yet. I'm not sure I have the patience for it... How rewarding is it to complete one?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    386 eggs for Azurill - progress is slow but steady. I may do a BQ for X/Y but I haven't thought about it much yet. I'm not sure I have the patience for it... How rewarding is it to complete one?
    Well you'll end up with eight new shinies, and a completed Pokemon game. That's pretty good to me. It basically is eight hunts after anothers, just the same as if you weren't doing a BQ, but did eight hunts instead.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I saw the new announcement!
    I am kinda surprised they haven't decided to cling onto Gen V a little longer and present us with R/S remake.

... I am not sure how to take it with the new Pokemon games.
    I know I'm going to be picking the frog as my starter (I love frogs).
    But I'm kinda iffy with the new Pokemon.

Actually, I was kinda hoping for a Stadium game for V since you know, PBR can't use V Pokemon.

Still working on my CH.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    So, will you migrate your shinies, or keep them where they are?
    Well, I had decided to complete a shiny dex in W2, and I think I'm going to stick to that plan. When Gen 6 comes out, I'll hunt the new dex there, but Gen 1 thru 5 I will call "done" and leave them in W2.
    Though, if I like the new games better I might migrate my fave shinies to play with
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Awesome, congrats on everyone's shinies! Seems to be quite a lot lately, and some lengthy hunts finally completed.

Personally, I've been busy with work plus friends as well as siblings visiting from out of town/state, so I haven't hunted since the 4th, surprisingly .

I saw the announcement today, and I'm still kind of absorbing it all (I only saw about 2 mins of video before having to leave for work, and just finished the video a little while ago).

I'm kind of iffy on the titles. I was just hoping they'd force some more color titles just to keep em all colors. I guess this would indicate "Z" if they make the third game for it. But with all the changes, who knows if that's still their plan (B/W already didn't get Grey, so...).

The graphics look interesting. Still unsure if I like it, since I kind of like how it is now. I am wondering about the shinies though, and if anything can be transferred to these games from the DS games. I'm not sure what I plan to do with whatever shinies I accumulate by that time though; I'd get worried that my file would become corrupted if I put them all on one file...At the same time, I risk losing some shinies since I have more games that can be corrupted...

It'll be interesting to see what the encounters are like to see what shiny hunting will be like. I was a little worried in the beginning though, when he talked a little about shiny pokemon...Worried they'll do something to drastically reduce the difficulty of obtaining shiny pokemon =\ (especially something forced like changing the odds to 1/3000 or something, unlike the shiny charm which is optional).

Seeing as I currently really own 2 3DS XLs, the system obviously doesn't really bother me...

The starters look meh. Looking at just the first forms, my first pick is obviously Fennekin. And unless the shiny form looks really awesome, I probably won't be interested in getting it shiny either...But Gen V is the same way, with Snivy/Servine/Serperior really being the only tolerable starter for me.

And also really glad it's all being released at once. Still opportunity to hunt shinies and be one of the first to get them, rather than waiting till the English games come out and a bunch of people already having them on Japanese versions
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 6,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

1900 Eevees hatched and no shiny yet.I'm kinda getting tiered.^-^;
    I'll be collecting eggs again.
    Good luck everyone!
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

590 eggs into my Budew Quest, please come soon.

I am very excited about the new games, but I'm not sure about the simultaneous release. I personally like knowing everything about them before they're released so that I can choose my starter well in advance.

If the games are half as good as I'm hoping in the graphics department then I will at least migrate my favorite shinies.

Congrats everyone, seems as though there's been a huge burst of luck!

I just died inside! So, after I obtained my shiny Riolu I decided to try and MM a shiny Pawniard AGAIN(Let's just say my luck to obtain that shiny, one of my ultimate dreamies, has been terrible!) and on the 126th egg the shiny Pawniard hatched! Eeeeh heee heee, I'm so happy I finally got it! I named her Percival after one of the Knight's of the Round Table. Now I'm going to go train her and evolve her into a Bisharp.

I saw the announcement for Gen VI and I must say I am so excited. The concepts look awesome and I kinda like the new Pokemon, I don't know why but I absolutely love the Water Type starter. Hopefully shiny hunting won't change much, I'd hate to see shinies become super easy to obtain to the point that shinies just aren't valuable anymore.(Though I'm sure it won't get that bad and I'm exaggerating) I don't know if I'll transfer my shinies over, I'm still thinking about that.

Well, off to train my new shiny! Good luck everyone!
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

Hey everyone! I am still working on that 4th Eevee. I mainly came on here however to just ask a question. Was it just me who wondered what the new shinies will be like right after watching the trailer today? I absolutely love colorful shinies, so I hope there will be some good ones in Gen 6! I am also kinda hoping that the Fire starter has an awesome shiny form, because if it does, I might do my first ever BQ on a Gen 6 game! So excited!!! Also, I noticed no following of pokemon behind the character. Bummer.

Anyways, happy hunting everyone!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: MMing Buneary

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    EXCITING STUFF TODAY! Am I the only person that, when I saw the trailer, thought "I wonder what kind of shiny animation they'll have when our Pokemon pop out of their ball?!"
    I thought the same thing, and I loved how shinies looked like they had a shiny coating along with their colors in past games like PBR, so I'm looking forward to seeing that, hopefully. My second thought was wondering what the rival will be like, but that's off-topic. XD

Anyway, now I have a deadline for my BQ, so another huge motivation for me. Fire Emblem: Awakening is going to take me away from shinies as well next month, so I better get to it. Now at 1000 RE's making real progress now. Hoping to get more today. Now, good luck on those hunts, everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

7,750 REs now for Ducklett... Can expect to be over the odds by the end of Friday... Sigh...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

50 SRs

OH wow! So i go back to REing (after 5 failed days trying to get an MM Riolu for the CH) and after 803 RE's in Castelia gardens i encountered a shiny..... Cottonee woo! It is not my desired Eevee but it'll do thanks! I am know deciding whether to stay in the garden and try for an Eevee or move to a different location and return to the garden another time.

Congratulations on all recent shinies everyone!
    Shinies are good.

I'm wondering how shinies will be shown in the new games!
    Anyway, still RE'ing for the shiny Starter, only 66 so far. I don't expect to get it anytime soon.
    Still trying to get that Shiny Charm in B2 to increase my terrible luck.

So i decided to dual hunt and only after 411 he finally showed my calm sync didnt work but sassy and im okay with that.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps48b00ddf.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps7beda7b7.jpg

Congrats on cottonee,virizion, pawinard and any others i may have missed.
        Spoiler:- Shiny Trainer Card:

So just hit 19,000 and decided ive had enough, so i stopped huntin to try and get the shiny charm on my black 2 since that game has more captures than my white 2, I'm about 180 in, is there a link or can someone again list the pokes i dont need?

Hey guys. Omg Gen6 whooo! Sorry that's off topic. Anyway I've paused Eevee to go back to my White 2 Badge Quest. I'm still in Flocessy Ranch and I'm at 6,500 RE's. Hoping for something to shine soon. Also I really hope that shinies will be transferable to X and Y as they would look awesome on there. Good luck everyone and congrats on all the recent shinies!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM/Deino White BQ #7

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Oh sweet lord, finally finally finally, after 7 or 8 months of RE and MM'ing through Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, and White, I've finally got my long-awaited shiny wingull, just two hours after I logged off my weekly visit. Yay! It's a naive female, and I called her lastima, for (at) last. Good nature or not, who cares, I'm just glad the hunt's finally over.

Up next, I'm trying for my long-wanted pink wobbuffet in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Wish me luck!
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I got another Shiny, though it came to me under less than favorable circumstances. See, my brother has lost interest in Pokemon. Completely. He just told me last night. So now I have his Pokemon games, as well as, naturally, all his Pokemon. This includes the one Shiny he got legitimately, an Eevee. I was there when he SR'd for it in LeafGreen, all those years ago. Took him little more than half an hour, and the look on his face when he showed it to me, he was so happy. Anyway, I transferred it into Black 2 last night, and I'm giving heavy consideration to evolving it into a Flareon, due to its Adamant nature. A Leafeon would also benefit from an Adamant nature, but they're also preferable with Chlorophyll (their Hidden Ability), plus their Shiny coloration isn't that noticeably different from their usual... yeah, I'm leaning heavily towards Flareon.

EDIT: Then again, I might wait and see if Generation VI gives us any new Eeveelutions...
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 9th January 2013 at 2:59 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Wow, loving the 6th gen starters! Fennekin caught my eye immediately but I'm starting to lean more towards Chespin. Can't wait to see what their shinies looks like, I may even do a BQ if the SRs don't take too long. But for now I'm still hunting for my first shiny of 2013, almost 500 eggs for Tyrogue so I hope it doesn't take too much longer since I'm hunting for 3 of them. I wonder which will shine first though.. Tyrogue or Grimer/Muk.. either would be great! Gratz on the shinies lately especially Wingull! Glad your hard work payed off. :] Good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

I finally got the Shiny Charm after filling the Pokédex. I put it to work this morning, netting me an Impish female Golduck. I was on Route 14 searching for Altaria, but Golduck showed up. It was bottom-of-the-list of shiny Pokémon I wanted on that route, but a shiny is a shiny.
    ***New Signature To Come***

Quote Originally Posted by jwla View Post
    I finally got the Shiny Charm after filling the Pokédex. I put it to work this morning, netting me an Impish female Golduck. I was on Route 14 searching for Altaria, but Golduck showed up. It was bottom-of-the-list of shiny Pokémon I wanted on that route, but a shiny is a shiny.
    What pokemon are excluded in the dex? I'm trying to get the charm as well, when someone answers ill make a note so i don't have to keep asking.

All event only legendaries are not needed for the dex

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    What pokemon are excluded in the dex? I'm trying to get the charm as well, when someone answers ill make a note so i don't have to keep asking.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

well, I decided to cancel my on hold platinum quest and transfer my 3 shinies to my white game. I will send them over to Black 2 after I beat it. Also I bought a 3DS system today so I am able to play VI and thus sticking to pokemon for the 6th generation. I have all the games from beginning to end from pokemon and generation VI is no exeption :P

happy hunting

EDIT: I don't have the 3ds games yet but my girlfriend has so I counted those too
    Last edited by master of murkrow; 9th January 2013 at 9:12 PM.

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    I believe they are:
    mew
    celebi
    jirachi
    deyoxs
    darkrai
    shaymin
    manaphy*
    phione*
    arceus
    victini
    keldeo
    meoletta
    genesect

*not sure about manaphy/phione. I'm pretty sure they aren't needed, but they might be.

To keep on topic, I am going to try getting going on my platinum BQ this weekend sometime. I'm still trying to deal with W/W2 as far as completion and/or the shiny charm

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Currently on 2,700 encounters now for the next shiny in the BQ. May stop to have a crack at the community hunt soon though.

Good luck everyone.

Page 90 of 906 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast