Page 101 of 893 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 22314

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats on all the shinies!
    So, I'm stopping for the night, with 2,174 Magnemite's encountered (I'm just counting Magnemites) and 140 Chimchars. (Fun fact: I'm only using 2 DS's one for each target 3DS with Black 2 for Magnemite, and DSi with Pearl for Chimchar)
    Good Luck on everyones hunt!

I have restarted B2 for a BQ and still hunting for the CH.
    Although my hunts have been hampered by recent events,
    hopefully I can get a second shiny to stack up with my hunt for
    at least two shinies a month.

Come on, which one of you is going to shine?

Oh and congrats to all who have gotten their shinies over the week.
    May more come easily and hopefully not tragically.

Officially off and running with my Route 7 hunt... A question - how much of a boost does the Lucky Power first level give 5%ers?
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

13,800 SRs

Almost back to hunting. All i need now is gen IV and ill have my shiny charm. Looks like ill only have trouble getting dialga, landorus and thundurus. My paused hunt is at 20,800 encounters. Is it OK to ask for a trade and trade back with these? PM so it doesn't get all cluttered. Sooo close

This is absolutely insane. I was hunting in Diglett's Cave for a Shiny when I decided that a Shiny Diglett/Dugtrio was boring. So, after mulling it over, I decided that I would go for a Shiny Magikarp by fishing instead. Sure, I've gotten a Red Gyarados before multiple times, but I happen to like its coloration. Guess what I found on the FIRST FREAKING ENCOUNTER after switching?

My reaction was more like my Shiny Kyurem, in which I was excited and more disbelieving. I pretty much was yelling the same thing both times. This is officially my fastest hunt. I mean, if you want to get technical I did ~850 RE's in Diglett's Cave.

Its Lonely (I guess that's why it decided to appear?). It actually took about Four Poke Balls to catch. This makes number 3 on my Leaf Green Badge Quest. While I have pics, I really don't feel like uploading them right now. Might do it at a later time.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

I did not expect to be here so quickly, but...
    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps82eb78c3.jpg

Yup! Shiny Rhyhorn decided to say hi just a few hours ago, while visiting a cousin of mine! 6895 RE's, but it's still so soon since Seviper, it's kinda tough to believe. Like all my BQ shinies so far, it's male, but then it's Modest natured. I'm not complaining though, since it was the one I wanted the most. Two crits from Astonish scared me a bit, even though I knew it was no worry, but other than that, it was a low risk capture, and I even got it in a Premier Ball like I wanted!

Anyway, I'll be on Route 213 next for BQ #5, hoping for a Buizel or Wingull, but anything, even Shellos is totally acceptable. Congrats to YNCRN on Rufflet and Draknir on Magikarp! Also, good luck everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Congrats on your Ryhorn! Rhyperior is a lovely shiny. As for my Badge Quest on White 2 I'm on 14,525 encounters. I've started hunting at the Ranch a little differently: I let my static Mareep faint and so my Shiny Servine gets sent out first. I've turned battle scenes off so I'm defeating the pokemon instead of running as I might as well get some experience from this hunt. I'm putting my full focus to this hunt now as I really want something before 20k. Before I move on to my next BQ hunt which will be Eevee-I need to finish up all my other hunts(Blitzle MM-White, Eevee SR-Soulsilver, Starters SR-Heartgold, Turtwig MM-Black 2, Growlithe MM-Black 2, Bulbsaur SR-Firered, Chimchar SR-Platinum). I'm also thinking of doing BQ's on White, Platinum, Firered and maybe Heartgold too. My next update will either be when I hit 20k or when something shines. Good luck everyone! =)
    ~Raichu~

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM/Deino White BQ #7

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Ah thanks for the info!
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Wow! An amazing number of Shinies here! Congrats to everyone!

I'm up to almost 500 Poliwag hatched, but I need confirmation on a mathematical/logical question I have relating to Shininess.

A. Personality Value affects IVs and Nature
    B. Everstone/Power item breeding affects Nature/IVs
    C. Shininess is determined by original Trainer ID/SID and Personality Value

Therefore, Everstone/Power item breeding may affect Shininess, am I right? Just wanted to clarify, since I'm not using MM.

As usual, good luck to everyone!
    The rainbow has immeasurably beautiful symbolism for me.
    To me, the rainbow means:

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone
    And, be kind and gentle as much as you can.

"A strong will can affect all aspects of mind, body and spirit." -Lily, Azelf-in-training

My Current Shiny Hunts:
        Spoiler:- Current Shiny Hunts, Shiny Card & 3DS Friend Code:

I also have a question.

Is it fine to RE in a dead battery Sapphire, and would it be like REing on a normal game?
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I'm deciding onece I've done 90 eggs of my Secret target, I'll do some hatching for...

*Belly Drum roll*

CHINGLING!

For the CH... I like choosing Pokémon that haven't been done for the CH. And I always liked Chimecho.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    it just feels incomplete if I don't have a Shiny Seviper as well
    It feels hollow...
    Last edited by supersmew; 20th January 2013 at 1:09 PM.

Saaatoshi!

According to the below pages it is possible to hatch a Shiny with Everstone/Power item breeding, but they lack information about non-MM Hunting, as well as OT ID/SID. Since Shininess uses the OT ID/SID, it makes sense mathematically that it only works for certain ID/SID combinations.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/98955...8737/649966418
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/98955...rsion/58546954

In other words, I may be wasting my time and not even know it.

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone

"A strong will can affect all aspects of mind, body and spirit." -Lily, Azelf-in-training

My Current Shiny Hunts:

Guys, there is a question thread to ask these things, so plz don't fill up this thread with questions. thank you

That's all right, I answered my own question. Power items do not affect the Shininess of a hatched Pokemon. However, by using the Everstone to set the Nature of a hatched Pokemon (assuming 100% chance in B2/W2), if that Pokemon has its Hidden Ability, you are reducing the odds of it hatching Shiny by one-fourth. Because Shiny odds are 8/65536 instead of 1/65536, what your Trainer ID/SID is has no real bearing on Shininess.

So, essentially, my odds of hatching a Shiny Poliwag with its Hidden Ability, and without the Masuda Method, are 1/8192 (base Shiny odds) * 60% (Hidden Ability chance) * 75% (offset for Hidden Ability from Everstone) = 1/8192 * 45% = 1/18204 (rounded to the nearest whole number).

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...sonality_value
    Last edited by HootingLilligant; 20th January 2013 at 1:53 PM.

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone

My Current Shiny Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by HootingLilligant View Post
    That's all right, I answered my own question. Power items do not affect the Shininess of a hatched Pokemon. However, by using the Everstone to set the Nature of a hatched Pokemon (assuming 100% chance in B2/W2), if that Pokemon has its Hidden Ability, you are reducing the odds of it hatching Shiny by one-fourth. Because Shiny odds are 8/65536 instead of 1/65536, what your Trainer ID/SID is has no real bearing on Shininess.

So, essentially, my odds of hatching a Shiny Poliwag with its Hidden Ability, and without the Masuda Method, are 1/8192 (base Shiny odds) * 60% (Hidden Ability chance) * 75% (offset for Hidden Ability from Everstone) = 1/8192 * 45% = 1/18204 (rounded to the nearest whole number).

You gotta be kidding me. 970+ eggs i've been breeding my DW Jolteon, Scout, and Rodney my non-DW ability Jolteon for and I everstoned Rodney the Non-DW Jolteon. Does that still mean i'm lowering my chances by one-fourth?Gosh this sux if this is true... T_T I swapped parent eeveelutions to my non-DW umbreons, everstoned the quiet natured umbreon, and power item'd the 22 sp.atk IV on the other umbreon just incase.

Congratiez on the recent shinies, and GL to all~!

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

Quote Originally Posted by HootingLilligant View Post

Wait... I'm hatching with the everstone in B2W2 & With the Masuda Method. Are the chances still 1/1,024? I'm not using any ability or power items.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

FINALLY AFTER 9222 REs IN ETERNA FOREST A PINK EAR BUNNY DECIDES TO SPARKLE
    its hardy nature
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/32zow9u.jpg[/IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ61WETRWXc

edit - congrats @ the master!
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 20th January 2013 at 3:38 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Actually, disregard that. It does not lower Shiny odds at all, because the DW Ability may always take up the 1st ability slot, but that has no bearing on whether the personality value is even or odd, much like when a Pokemon can only have one non-DW Ability.

Actually, as a matter of fact, since the DW ability uses up as many even PV possibilities as odd PV possibilities, the DW Ability is unaffected, while each of the non-DW Abilities is equally odds-reduced by one-fourth, due to the even PV requirement for the first Ability, and the odd PV requirement for the second Ability. This only applies when DW-Ability breeding for a Shiny with 2 non-DW Abilities.

One more thing: Everstone has no bearing on this, since the last bit of the PV would be fixed regardless for non-DW Abilities.
    Last edited by HootingLilligant; 20th January 2013 at 4:44 PM.

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone

My Current Shiny Hunts:

Well, this was always a risk with Lucky Power... Have run into a male shiny Watchog... It appeared 436 encounters into the hunt. Will have another chance at Seviper later on, but damn that sucks! Well, better catch it then... Yay, I guess...

Quirky nature, I'll have pics in a bit...

EDIT: IVs...
    HP: 31
    Att: 22-24
    Def: 24-26
    S.Atk: 7-9
    S.Def: 21-23
    Spd: 23-25

WHY OH WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE WATCHOG WHO GETS DECENT IVS...?

EDIT2: PICS!
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/171248.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/171252.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/171304.jpg
    http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...327/171308.jpg

Stats are a bit blurry, so...
    HP: 95/95
    Att: 70
    Def: 60
    S.Atk: 48
    S.Def: 59
    Spd: 65

Yeah, I turned it into the one I had on my team anyway, but this one has Illuminate!
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 20th January 2013 at 5:30 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

13,800 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by master of murkrow View Post
    Guys, there is a question thread to ask these things, so plz don't fill up this thread with questions. thank you
    Actually, look at the second line of the OP:
    "This is the place to discuss shinies you obtained in any generation, ask questions regarding shinies or participate in the community shiny hunt!"

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    I also have a question.

Is it fine to RE in a dead battery Sapphire, and would it be like REing on a normal game?
    It depends on where your shiny frames are. If they're about 3-4 hours in the game, then it's fine, but if it's 24 hours into the game it would be more annoying, because everytime you boot up the game it would restart your RNG at the beginning point.
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 20th January 2013 at 4:22 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Congrats for anyone already getting a new shiny

Looks like I won't do this month's CH, I still haven't got that Shiny Cresselia and I didn't even do any SR today due to being busy....I'm already curious what the next CH will be

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Well, this was always a risk with Lucky Power... Have run into a male shiny Watchog... It appeared 436 encounters into the hunt. Will have another chance at Seviper later on, but damn that sucks! Well, better catch it then... Yay, I guess...

Quirky nature, I'll have pics in a bit...
    Looking at your sig....well, at least it's a shiny you don't have, and the best part is, you now can challenge the next Gym before continuing with your BQ

And it has a neutral nature too, which is good enough for an RE shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoadragon View Post
    FINALLY AFTER 9222 REs IN ETERNA FOREST A PINK EAR BUNNY DECIDES TO SPARKLE
    its hardy nature
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/32zow9u.jpg[/IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ61WETRWXc
    eww, male Buneary XD

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    eww, male Buneary XD
    I love male Buneary - they're the only kind I want. I delighted when my shiny Buneary turned out to be male. ^_^

Now at 28,300 encounters in my Heart Gold BQ. Over 5200 encounters in my White 2 BQ. 3450 SR for shiny Thundrurus, and 90 Solosis eggs hatched.

Good luck everybody.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

I wanted to ask, hwo do you guys hatch eggs so fast? I can barely hatch 30 per day.

O.T: Preparing for that moment when I hit 90 eggs of my secret target and begin Chingling. I'm still keeping my hunt secret >w<.

EDIT: @master of murkrow Pass Powers?
    Last edited by supersmew; 20th January 2013 at 7:07 PM.

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    I wanted to ask, hwo do you guys hatch eggs so fast? I can barely hatch 30 per day.

O.T: Preparing for that moment when I hit 90 eggs of my secret target and begin Chingling. I'm still keeping my hunt secret >w<.
    I use a pokemon with the flae body ability so it cuts the steps needed in half. and pass powers are also nice solutions to reduce the steps

Congrats on shinies recently everybody, like cocoadragon and TheMaster. Personally I like shiny watchog. Also there are much worse shinies.

Currently at 3,030 REs in my SS BQ. Hoping to get it before 5K since I don't have much hunting inspiration.

Good luck all!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Page 101 of 893 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast