Page 102 of 850 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 21241

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Well, I have now hit 1070 eggs in my Budew Odyssey. If I hit 1400 then I'll have to take a break and do other things which leads to my question. If you turn off battle animations is the shiny animation still played, or do I have to memorize the shiny sprites for every pokemon in the area that I am hunting in?

Congratulations and good luck to all.

I am currently trying to get at least 5 shiny Gothitas. I have 3, two more. I have ran into 1,534 random encouters and still going. It's going to be a long day. On the bright side I, hatched a Trapinch that was shiny on my first try! New record for me. xD
    ~Working on getting a sig~

I'm currently having an internal struggle :x Getting really eager to start my Platinum BQ, but at the same time, I'd really like my shiny Umbreon...About half an hour ago, I decided I'd hit the next hundred RE mark and then start my Platinum BQ (and RE Eevee anytime I need a break from that), but now I'm going to try to stick with REing Eevee...I know it's a real struggle when I keep changing my mind so quickly >.<

I also had a dream last night that I found 2 shiny Eevee's in a row, then a non-shiny, and then a third shiny...Oh, this hunt!

Congrats on all the recent shinies...Sorry to hear about that Watchog...While a shiny is a shiny, it's DEFINITELY one I hope never to encounter unless it's by complete chance and not while I'm hunting for something else.

Good luck, everyone!

EDIT: Well, I've changed my mind again. I'm going to start hunting on Platinum! Eevee won't be forgotten though, because I'll still switch between these hunts. I really wanted to find Eevee before starting my Platinum BQ so that I could put all my focus into it, rather than switch between hunts, but I think Eevee is slowing down for a couple reasons...For one, I'm getting really tired of the time it's taking to even encounter an Eevee, with probably a third of them taking over 45 seconds, and 45 seconds of incessant back-and-forth button pushing trying to move spots as little as possible to save on repels gets tiring fast...And then I end up getting distracted and doing NO hunting. Plus, I hunt sitting on my bed since I can't change directions if I'm lying down, and sitting like that for too long can get annoying. So Eevee is far from forgotten, but the time spent hunting won't just be on Eevee anymore...Now to begin Platinum...
    Last edited by Cpchris; 20th January 2013 at 10:18 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Altaria, Cottonee, Vulpix; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 6,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 4,400 REs (+22,843 REs = 2 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#11) (Dragon's Den) - Magikarp: 9,100 REs
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

Well, at least I can repel trick at Village Bridge for Seviper or Zangoose for shiny #8... For now though, #7 at Reversal Mountain starts now! Will be hunting in singles grass, as you can get Spoink there... But main target here is Skorupi...
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt 4 - Burned Tower Repel Trick
    (Magmar unavailable with night repel trick)
    14,300 REs

Hello Guys, And I am back with my 2nd Shiny in 3 Days ^_^

After around 2500 REs in Route 6, A beautiful shiny deerling appeared

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8e1d78b0.jpg

I started this hunt yesterday and did solid hunting today, so I'm glad a shiny appeared, albeit not the karrablast/foongus I was looking for.

Good luck on all of your hunts guys, and congrats on the new shinies.

Edit: I got this one live on camera so i'll be posting a video at some point!!
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Well, at least I can repel trick at Village Bridge for Seviper or Zangoose for shiny #8... For now though, #7 at Reversal Mountain starts now! Will be hunting in singles grass, as you can get Spoink there... But main target here is Skorupi...
    May I ask what the Repel Trick is? Sounds interesting...

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    May I ask what the Repel Trick is? Sounds interesting...
    http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unov...gebridge.shtml

As you can see, Village Bridge has only 4 pokemon in the Double Grass. These are Golduck, Marill, Zangoose and Seviper. Notice the levels you can catch them at. Golduck and Marill have a highest level of 42 there, whereas with Zangoose and Seviper, they can be caught at level 43. The Repel Trick is where you bring a pokemon (in this case, level 43) to the area and use a Repel. Repels repel wild pokemon below the lead pokemon's level, so Golduck and Marill will not appear, only level 43 Zangoose and Seviper will appear if a Repel is in effect.

Hopefully that helps, somewhat...

EDIT: Done something extremely clever. Picked up my Castform, so I can change the weather from sandstorm, if I find something that can die from it...
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 20th January 2013 at 10:05 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt 4 - Burned Tower Repel Trick
    (Magmar unavailable with night repel trick)
    14,300 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Actually, look at the second line of the OP:
    "This is the place to discuss shinies you obtained in any generation, ask questions regarding shinies or participate in the community shiny hunt!"

It depends on where your shiny frames are. If they're about 3-4 hours in the game, then it's fine, but if it's 24 hours into the game it would be more annoying, because everytime you boot up the game it would restart your RNG at the beginning point.
    Generally speaking there are shiny frames sprinkled throughout the frames. For example, for my Emerald, I've the first one is about three minutes on, and then the next one is seven minutes in. The trick is hitting them. :p

Excellent thread, and good luck to everyone currently hunting and hatching.

My history with shinies isn't all that spectacular unfortunately, but hopefully that'll change soon.

The guaranteed Red Gyarados in SoulSilver - caught
    Wild Shiny Sawk in Black - knocked out thanks to badly timed critical hit
    Wild Shiny Audino in Black - caught and stored in PC
    Shiny Gible from Benga in Black 2 - Luckily got a Jolly nature without having to SR, EV trained in Attack and Speed, now level 50 Garchomp

Currently MM'ing for a shiny Rufflet/Braviary, on 50 eggs at the moment and hoping I get lucky and don't have to hatch many more. Got a non-shiny Rufflet with perfect Speed IVs which is awesome but frustrating as all Pokémon in the species are male so I can't breed it with my Japanese Braviary. :/

Going to try and MM a shiny Beldum next.

EDIT: 97th egg - got a non-shiny Rufflet with perfect Attack IVs... the hunt goes on.
    Last edited by yoshi007; 21st January 2013 at 3:16 AM.
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny7197 View Post
    Hello Guys, And I am back with my 2nd Shiny in 3 Days ^_^

After around 2500 REs in Route 6, A beautiful shiny deerling appeared

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8e1d78b0.jpg

I started this hunt yesterday and did solid hunting today, so I'm glad a shiny appeared, albeit not the karrablast/foongus I was looking for.

Good luck on all of your hunts guys, and congrats on the new shinies.

Edit: I got this one live on camera so i'll be posting a video at some point!!

Er, the shiny form is hard to see, but is it the first Deerling?
    I really hate when shinies are lighter and almost the exact color as the regular.

Anyway, congrats, must've of been a surprise and luckily you caught it, I just saw a vid where a mate lost a shiny by using an attack that decided to be critical at the wrong time.

My hunts are swimming along, hopefully one will shine.
    Be interesting if it's my B2 that shines since my last file never had a shiny on it.

Well, as I edited in my last post, I decided to take SS out and put Platinum in for the first time ever. This was after doing 125 REs on both Black 2 for Eevee and Route 36 for SS. I then managed to do 200 SRs on Platinum today for Piplup...and 2 were accidentally Turtwigs...Bound to happen more, I'm sure. Haven't given up on my Eevee hunt, but I won't be able to work on it at the same time as my Platinum hunt. I'll probably focus strictly on my Platinum BQ for a few days, and then start getting tired of only SRing over and over again and then start alternating between Eevee and Piplup...At least, that's what I'm guessing I'll do.

A question though...I've seen on a few youtube videos (and only on youtube videos) mentions of finding a shiny starter quicker on Platinum if your trainer ID begins and ends in 3. I tried to search for more information about it, but I literally didn't find anything - I've only seen it on 1 or 2 yt vids. Does anyone know about this? Has anyone had quick SRs on Platinum with an ID that begins and ends in 3? My ID is 29979, and I don't particularly feel like changing it for something that seems close to glitch abuse if true, so I'm asking this more out of curiosity if anyone's heard of this and has had luck with it themselves?

EDIT: I'm also very nervous I'll end up not recognizing a shiny Piplup, in the event that I have the volume too low and don't see the animation. I try to make sure it's not shiny (I try to make sure the blue on the top of its head isn't a brighter shade), but to think I could so easily end up missing it...Ugh...
    Last edited by Cpchris; 21st January 2013 at 5:05 AM.

Current Shiny Hunts
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Well, as I edited in my last post, I decided to take SS out and put Platinum in for the first time ever. This was after doing 125 REs on both Black 2 for Eevee and Route 36 for SS. I then managed to do 200 SRs on Platinum today for Piplup...and 2 were accidentally Turtwigs...Bound to happen more, I'm sure. Haven't given up on my Eevee hunt, but I won't be able to work on it at the same time as my Platinum hunt. I'll probably focus strictly on my Platinum BQ for a few days, and then start getting tired of only SRing over and over again and then start alternating between Eevee and Piplup...At least, that's what I'm guessing I'll do.

A question though...I've seen on a few youtube videos (and only on youtube videos) mentions of finding a shiny starter quicker on Platinum if your trainer ID begins and ends in 3. I tried to search for more information about it, but I literally didn't find anything - I've only seen it on 1 or 2 yt vids. Does anyone know about this? Has anyone had quick SRs on Platinum with an ID that begins and ends in 3? My ID is 29979, and I don't particularly feel like changing it for something that seems close to glitch abuse if true, so I'm asking this more out of curiosity if anyone's heard of this and has had luck with it themselves?

EDIT: I'm also very nervous I'll end up not recognizing a shiny Piplup, in the event that I have the volume too low and don't see the animation. I try to make sure it's not shiny (I try to make sure the blue on the top of its head isn't a brighter shade), but to think I could so easily end up missing it...Ugh...
    That ID thing is pretty much BS I can confidently tell you.

Up to 3,300 REs in SS BQ.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

330 eggs into my Horsea hunt now - kinda get the feeling this hunt is gonna take absolutely ages after the last one was so short. Also kinda worried that the IVs or nature may end up being wrong after all this effort, as I have seen some fluctuation amongst the Horsea I'm getting at the moment, but I shall cross my fingers!
    Most recent shiny:

Sylveon!
    (MM! ~1800 eggs...)

Next Target...

(Dream Ball Eevee & Vullaby, MM)
        Spoiler:- Y Shiny Card:

Quote Originally Posted by TomoEGoto View Post
    Er, the shiny form is hard to see, but is it the first Deerling?
    I really hate when shinies are lighter and almost the exact color as the regular.
    It's the second one. Normal Deerling has yellow flower on its head, Shiny Deerling has pink flower on its head.

And yeah, I hate shinies like that too. But well, shinies are shinies, I'll still get them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post

For something like a Piplup, unfortunately the only thing you can do is to play on high volume AND always look at your screen to see the shiny sparkles animation.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Yay! School closed again, so I'm going to triple hunt.

I started a hunt in Sapphire, and I'm at 75 REs in Shoal Cave so far.
    I am going to triple hunt in Eterna Forest, Shoal Cave and somewhere else...don't know where though.

Speaking of my Badge Quest, I hit 2,402 REs yesterday...so I did 702 REs yesterday XD

Anyways, I have several games to hunt on...but any suggestions for where to hunt? I have:

SoulSilver (not started yet)
    White (complete)
    Black (complete)
    White 2 (3 badges)
    Diamond (1 badge)

Now, where to hunt in those games?

Edit: hunting in Relic Castle in W2 now...
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 21st January 2013 at 1:44 PM.

Current Hunt: Sudowoodo [Badge Quest #4]

170 SRs

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    That ID thing is pretty much BS I can confidently tell you.

Up to 3,300 REs in SS BQ.
    Ok, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    For something like a Piplup, unfortunately the only thing you can do is to play on high volume AND always look at your screen to see the shiny sparkles animation.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, and I've made sure to wait until the Fight option comes up each time =\

Current Shiny Hunts
    PLATINUM BADGE QUEST:
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:

15,000 RE'S in the ranch. I've been taking a break today and hatching Blitzle eggs. I managed to get a Japanese Blitzle off the GTS today to replace the male Japanese Eevee that i'd been breeding with. The best part is: it's Naive nature(+speed -special defense) and Likes to Thrash about and has it's hidden ability Sap Sipper! I've given it the everstone and the male Blitzle that I'm breeding with also Likes to Thrash about so I've given it the Power Bracer. Moved this MM to Black 2 for better odds. I have a five hour wait before my operation tommorow(getting eight teeth pulled out at once) so I'll have plenty of time to hatch then. Currently at 552 eggs. Good luck everyone.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Y Multi MM:

-I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Usually I start the CH vote by now, but I haven't had a chance because I'm just too busy lately. (I'm really sorry guys! I barely have time to check for people who've been completing hunts right now >.<)
    So next month, unless someone has a problem with it, I'm going to choose the CH rather than putting it to a vote.
    Since we're not doing a vote, I'll post two options that can be completed for February but it will be a surprise so you'll all have to wait until the 1st to see what you're hunting
    If anyone has a problem with this, please send me a VM as I prefer a public record for things like that.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

Progress update - 150 eggs hatched so far, no shiny Rufflet yet.

Gonna see if I can get a foreign Ditto off the GTS to help with future Masuda Method attempts.

EDIT: Managed to get a Japanese Ditto very quickly. Happy about that. :3

EDIT2: 187 eggs, another non-shiny Rufflet with perfect Attack IVs. :/ 190 eggs hatched now and still no sign of shiny Rufflet yet.
    Last edited by yoshi007; 21st January 2013 at 9:13 PM.
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

already @ 1400 SRs for drifloon and dratini is a little over 2000 SRs i think im making good progresss i hope dirfloon doesnt take as long as buneary but if it does
    i wont give up gl everyone and congrats on the recent shinies especially that watchog
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 21st January 2013 at 10:37 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    6,600 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------

Currently I'm on my goal to get Red's team as shiny. But with Pikachu evolved.

I'm using the Masuda Method, And I'm switching Targets every 100 eggs. I am breeding with a everstone, I want the whole team to be a little competitive. (Not caring about IV's though.) I also want them all to be male, so wish me luck with achieving a Shiny Lapras with Water Absorb and being male.

Bulbasaur -> 100 Eggs
    Charmander -> 100 Eggs
    Squirtle -> 0 Eggs
    Pichu -> 100 Eggs
    Snorlax -> 0 Eggs
    Lapras -> 0 Eggs (Currently doing 100 today.)

So I'm now busy with Lapras, then gonna do squirtle and then Snorlax. :3

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

So just finished hatching 300 Lotad eggs. Nothing yet. Masuda method really hates me in this game and I have the shiny charm. Since getting the shiny charm a while back I've also hatched
    Eevee-30
    Litwick-300
    Scyther-30
    Diglett-600
    Slakoth-200
    Venipede-200
    Shroomish-200
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013
    8. Shiny Diglett- Found on August 9th 2014

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

My first ever shiny hunt is an MM for Litwick! After that maybe a shiny badge quest but postgame so I just get one shiny on the routes between gyms.

I've hatched around 80 eggs, not expecting anything yet. Any tips on how to get more eggs faster? (I'm hatching on the route outside the Daycare already)

Volcarona is a hunter's dream :P

First off, congrats to YNCRN on the shiny Rufflet, Draknic on the shiny Magikarp, gustavo 14 on shiny Rhyhorn, Cocoadragon on shiny Buneary (jealous...), The Master327 on shiny Watchog and Jonny7197 on shiny Deerling!

I'm just briefly updating again, despite still having no shiny luck! I've finally decided what I'm doing with my Badge Quests though!
    Since I'm putting a lot of time and effort into SRing for shiny Snivy (is there anyway to make it go faster?! I can barely get 200 SR a day!) I was stressing out all last night about whether to SR for shiny Chimchar, since I really REALLY want one, but it'll be a struggle to SR along with Snivy. Also, I want to get Porygon (my 4th Platinum badge shiny) ASAP since it's one of my favourites! But thanks to my boyfriend, I now have a solution!

I'm not going to get Chimchar for my Badge Quest, as much as I want to, and I'm going to go straight to RE on Route 202 for Shinx or Starly (or those other 2...) for now, since I can easily do 150-200 SR on Black 2 and then squeeze in at least 200 RE a day also. A lot easier than SRing Chimchar. BUT! When my boyfriend finishes his current playthrough of Platinum and catches the Pokémon he needs for his Black 2 National Dex, he's going to let me borrow his Platinum to SR for Chimchar. I'll hopefully be done with Snivy by then, and I want to keep my Platinum file after I finish my BQ so I can practice chaining, so he's nice enough to let me borrow his game, and even use my own name as the OT :3
    I could use Pearl or Diamond, but I find SRing on those games more tedious, though I don't know if it's quicker or not. I just prefer Platinum for starter SRing.

Anyways, sorry for the mini-walls of text, just relieved to finally have decided, though I still feel a little guilty when I see other people who are hunting for or already have Sinnoh Starters, since I did really want to try for one of my own! Oh pink Chimchar...
    Anyways, going to start REing on Route 202 tonight and do more RE's at Village Bridge too... *sigh* Will this Shiny Charm ever work? I'm also SRing for Snivy as I type, so it's a busy evening for me!

Good luck everyone else on your shiny hunts also!

EDIT: For those that read my posts, hello! And look, I actually made a (half-way) decent shiny card! Took me forever! D:
    Feedback? :3
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 21st January 2013 at 11:37 PM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

well, since I saw everyone with a new shiny card I decided to make one myself too.

In other news, I have finally received the oval charm and am on my way to the shiny charm with 424 pokemon caught. A long way to go, but I only have to breed and evolve pokemon so the hardest work is done.

MAJOR congratz on all the new shiny's. there are too many too count, and Good luck on those hunting theirs.

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

Page 102 of 850 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast