Page 108 of 937 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 23411

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats to Dan2point5 on Mankey, Littlemyu on Durant, Gustavo on Buizel, Pokemaster13 on Caterpie, and City of Delusion on Miltank!

Helio, any time I'm feeling down about how long my hunts are taking, I think of your present luck (or lack thereof).

As for me...Well, I may as well have only done 50 yesterday, because I only did 25 this morning, bringing me to 1k total SRs for Piplup.

I also found out why I had to switch shifts around last night, and it's a good thing I didn't get mad at my coworker (though it would only have been to myself), because it turns out it's a very good reason...And on that note, I also picked up one of his shifts tomorrow, which really sucks, because I've been eagerly awaiting my day off after 2 days of doubles (my feet are killing me! And I have to be back to work in the morning in about 9 hours!) in order to do a lot of SRs. I was thinking if I did 1000 in one week, then I can do a lot more if I really focus on it and take advantage of a day off...But scratch those plans!

Additionally, depending on what my other coworkers opt to pick up any of my other co-worker's shifts next week (if he isn't able to work them - still don't know), I may be picking up a few more shifts, so even less time for SRing =.= I know I need money and to work more hours, but it still sucks because I was looking forward to SRing and maybe working on Eevee some more too (still have a bad feeling about Eevee though).

Oh well, good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 4,700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 10,800 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,600 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

YES! Ok so I started the day at 16,068 RE's in the Ranch. About 10 minutes ago I sit down to do some RE'S while there's music playing.Eariler I didn't feel motivated to RE but I'm so glad I did! After 16,108 RE's my longest hunt ever-my most wanted shiny appeared in the ranch, Mareep! Pictures:
    http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...psfe83523d.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3cc7f9ef.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...psb78d5d82.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ec2d565.jpgLooks like White 2 gave my a late Australia day gift! So glad the hunt is over: I was scared that it was going to go over 20k or I'd get Lillipup. I'm going to train it to 23 like my Servine and beat Roxie. However before I start on the hunt for my third badge quest shiny I need to finish all my other hunts(Blitzle MM, Growlithe MM, Turtwig MM, Virizion SR, Starter SR on Heartgold and Eevee SR on Soulsilver). Oh and Adamant nature isn't the best but is perfectly usable with Brick Break, Thunderpunch, Firepunch and Iron Tail/Return. Although from the looks of it's stats it could work a special set too. Oh and here's it's IV'S: HP-27,31, Attack:20,29, Defense-20,29, Special Attack-29, 31!, Special Defense-10,19, Speed-12,20. I'll forgive it for taking so long to appear, it's IV's are fabulous! SO HAPPY!
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 27th January 2013 at 5:53 AM.

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Wow, a lot of shinies lately, a big congrats to you all I especially love the shiny miltank as that's one shiny I would love to get some day.

Some of you might recall me updating on a hunt over the last year, a hunt that has been ongoing since the 23rd of June 2012. Well today, not even an hour ago, this hunt has finally ended at 16173 REs on my Pokemon White.

I have abandoned this hunt many times over the months, putting it aside for other games or activities but I always returned to it at some point. Today I was playing Final Fantasy VII on the PS3 while doing some REs on the side. I had been REing for about 3 hours when I saw the sparkles Anyway, here she is, the newest addition to my shiny collection:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps6857610a.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps7c443e6f.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps0ae8149d.jpg

The photos didn't turn out as well as I thought they would, the colour just didn't show up properly.

This was the target I was after in Chargestone Cave so I'm just really happy about that and very relieved that I can get out of that damn cave, I don't want to hunt there again for a long time.

I wasn't sure what to name her so I looked up alternate names for yellow and Citrine caught my eye, so I think that's who she'll be.

It is unknown what I'll hunt for next, that's something I'll have to put some thought into. Just happy that hunt is done with. It is the longest RE hunt in terms of time and random encounters I've done.

Anyway, I wish every one good luck on your current hunts!
    Last edited by Jessara; 27th January 2013 at 7:57 AM. Reason: Messed up RE count
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

My 52nd shiny YAY!!!
    http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/...ps83ec39fb.jpg
    Pichu at my 1st chain! And it's a female, yay!!!!! I broke the chain earlier, but went meehhhh *restarts* then I was like, "whys pichu dark yellow?" *sparkle* "shiiiiiii---"

2nd shiny that I encountered with the radar at first encounter XP nya~
    Last edited by PopPrincess_Lyra; 27th January 2013 at 8:12 AM.

got a shiny lillipup after 2720 REs first of my black badge quest
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Just started on Latios. Personally, while I prefer normal Latias to Latios, I prefer the green colour of shiny Latios to the orange of Latias. Managed to just barely beat Colress beforehand as well, so I have an emergency Master Ball ready.

Question: Am I doing it right? I saved just on the spot before you step forward and fight Latios. The shininess isn't decided beforehand, is it?

Good luck and congratulations to everyone here!

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Nearing 1,000 eggs for Azurill, and hoping to get it before the end of the month. I'm getting more curious about next month's CH, though...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Hi guys, lets get this outta the way first, major congrats to Dan on mankey, Shiny lord on Mankey, Dangertrout on charmander, Gustavo on buizel, City on miltank, master on watchog, Raichu Arcanine on mareep, Jessara on joltik, Lyra on pichu and pxm1 on lillipup. (Uses memo app :P)
    I still have two shellder boxes to hatch, but i got a French Charmander but my new hunt will start today for shiny Charmander! I hatched 1200 eggs without shiny so lets hope for a sub 1000 hunt! Gl!!!!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Congrats to everybody for getting their shiny!I am at 760 eggs for my Chingling Hunt, I hope I would be able to finish it by today. *finger cross*

Thanks for the congrats guys! I had scares where I thought it was shiny before but this time I could tell even before it sparkled. It was the third encounter of the day. I was like normal Psyduck, normal Psyduck, OMG Pink Mareep! My Mareep is now a Flaaffy and you can watch it's evolution here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISct3AhQpQU I also owned Roxie just using him which you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7q9qbTgwFM. I will be filming all of my shiny captures and successes from now on so feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel. I said that I'd leave my BQ alone but it's just too fun. So my next hunt is for Eevee in Castelia Park. If you use repels and a level 19 pokemon you only encounter Eevee which is what I'm doing. At 265 RE's right now-hoping for a long hunt after 16,000 for Cotton On. Also finally got to Castelia to nickname my Shiny Servine Asmodeus. Good luck to everyone!
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Hi Guys, congrats on all the recent shinys! Im currently at 690 eggs for Squirtle and 2000RE's still in route 15 but uni assignments have been pulling my attention T T . can't wait til I have a whole week to just hunt, but cant see that happening before July what with work and uni.

Still got to hope for some good luck, my sister recently picked up a staryu hunt she'd been doing for ages, and got a shiny within half an hour of starting again.

Good luck on everyones hunts.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    ok, i think I have enough time for a quick vote for next month's CH. I'll tally up the votes on Monday and post when the voting is over. As always, please PM me your vote.

#1) River of Love: Obtain a shiny Water type while Surfing or Fishing
    #2) Burning Love: Obtain a shiny Fire type via RE/SR/MM
    #3) Year of the Snake: Obtain a shiny snake via RE/SR/MM
    #4) Happy Valentines Day!: Obtain a Red or Pink Shiny via RE/SR/MM
    #5) Couples: Obtain a shiny couple via RE/SR/MM (example: Illumise & Volbeat, Tauros & Miltank, etc)
    #6) Grab Bag: Obtain one of 8 randomly selected pokemon via SR/RE/MM (List will be posted only if this option is the winner)
    Don't forget to vote for next month's CH =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Good to see loads of great new shinies! Super jealous of the couple of Charmanders a few pages back.

I stopped my hunt for a bit as I my phone broke and I lost my hunt number and my counting app and was generally kind of annoyed but I'm hoping to get back into it tonight. I have a lot of uni work at the moment though so I don't have as much time as I'd like. :/

Also, if I can finish this hunt soon then I'll try and do the upcoming community hunt. I haven't done one before but all the options look pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post

Oh yeah, random observation- I am so jealous of the people who can devote most or all of their boxes to egg storage. I can't do it. I HAVE to fill them up with other things.

5 boxes for main playthrough and post-game
    1 box for hatched/baby pokemon
    1 box for fished pokemon
    1 box to hold potential trades
    1 box for N's pokemon and some random junk
    1 box for Dittos and traded pokemon
    1 box for pokemon used for breeding or resulting from breeding
    1 box for my high-use pokemon
    1 box for Dream World
    1 box for Hidden Grotto and trades with whats his name, the celebrity
    4 boxes, 1 apiece for the 4 previous regions
    2 boxes for legendaries and shinies

And that leaves only 4 boxes for eggs. What's everyone else's setup? No need to spam, just put it in your usual posts.
    I personally have a semi-living pokedex (only have one of each evolution set instead of one of each pokemon so, venusaur, charizard, blastoise, butterfree, beedrill and so on) and then some others boxes. So:

Boxes 1-13 for semi-living pokedex
    Box 14 for shinies
    Box 15 for 'special' pokemon like wi-fi/event pokemon that know certain moves or have certain abilities
    Box 16 for doubles (usually for trading)
    Box 17 for pokemon with good IVs that I might use for breeding.
    Boxes 18-24 for MMing.
    Last edited by doodlecloud; 27th January 2013 at 4:56 PM.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

Decided my next hunt is going to be Electrode in Team Rocket Hideout using the runaway method. Quite excited for this hunt since its another shiny I've always wanted.

I couldn't decide what to hunt next, so I've decided to make use of my living dex
    I have a ditto in the daycare to breed with everything I have (right now my Pidgeot is in there).
    Every hour or so I change the parent to a different species. So when I finally do get a shiny, it will be completely random what I get

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Question: Am I doing it right? I saved just on the spot before you step forward and fight Latios. The shininess isn't decided beforehand, is it?
    Yup, that's exactly it. Shininess is decided the same as with any other pokemon. I worried by that as well when I started. It was quite annoying to get used to doing that at first, but you get used to it. Good luck!

Also, thanks to all who congratulated me on Buizel, and congrats on the Lillipup, Mareep, Miltank, Joltik, Pichu, and any others I may have missed since last time! And since before, I've decided my next hunt to be on Route 212, despite Staravia, which I want to avoid a duplicate of. I traded over a lv. 24 Diglett with Arena Trap, though, and I'm using the Repel trick so only Kirlia and Roselia appear. Nothing against Ralts or Marill, but it's only to prevent Staravia from appearing.
    The Repels would be lowering the number of encounters I get each hour, but then Arena Trap doubles encounters, as I recently learned, so I have no worries against Kirlia and I get basically the same amount of progress as normal. I also have a Gengar with Mean Look for backup if Diglett is KO'ed. 700 RE's so far, and I hope to at least reach 1300 by the end of the day. Good luck everyone, and let's hope to see more of those hunts end soon!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Wow, loads of shinies today. Congrats on all the shinies today everyone!

Progress update:
    702 eggs for Rufflet.
    175 SRs for Kyurem.

Might put Kyurem on hold to be honest (I know, I've only just started the hunt, but still). Wanting to train up some other Pokémon on Black so I might come back to him later.

Rufflet's starting to annoy me a bit now. :L I know I'm not even over the odds yet but I'm getting quite tired of hatching egg after egg, Idk, I hope it shines soon. Funny 'cause there are at least 3 other shinies I want to hatch in Black 2 after this. Oh joy! xD
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Hi guys cocoa here just gonna update on my hunts well im getting close to 6000 for drifloon looks like this is gonna be another buneary hunt and closing in on 4000 for the dratini in the dragons den with extremespeed hopefully ill get a good nature and good luck guys congrats on those shinies like miltank buizel mareep mankey
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Hey everyone! Congrats on all the recent shinies! It seems that the only real time I get for my Eevee hunt anymore is on the weekends. Speaking of which, I'm still working on my 5th one. I have reached the 3,000 RE mark for Castelia Park (this method is driving me nuts!) And I am at 235 eggs hatched out of 660 eggs collected for my MM Eevee hunt. I think once I get one more frome the park, I will only rely on hatching for the rest because Eevee takes so long to encounter and even with the Shiny Charm, it is taking forever!

Anyways, happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

SHINY MESPRIT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Wrong nature and refused to stay in any pretty pokeball, but w/e!
    Victory is mine nonetheless!!

edit - ok, Mild nature isnt bad, but the IVs are terrible >.<
    Caught it in a Master Ball (my very least favorite ball), but I didn't want to risk it struggling to death after SRing for the last month or two.
    Now, I need to decide if I want to get back to MMing my living dex, or RE a bit for a change
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 28th January 2013 at 1:02 AM.

Wow! Congratiez on the shiny sprit~! Anywayz, congratiez on all the other recent shinies aswell, and GL to everyone on their hunts~*
    I have nothing shiny to report, but hopefully i'll get something to shine

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

edit - ok, Mild nature isnt bad, but the IVs are terrible >.<
    Caught it in a Master Ball (my very least favorite ball), but I didn't want to risk it struggling to death after SRing for the last month or two.
    Now, I need to decide if I want to get back to MMing my living dex, or RE a bit for a change
    geez what is with the iv and ev and nature shizz for shinies?! Arent ye happy its a shiny at all?! :/

Anyway got another shiny elektrike. Thats 7 now nya~

Quote Originally Posted by PopPrincess_Lyra View Post
    geez what is with the iv and ev and nature shizz for shinies?! Arent ye happy its a shiny at all?! :/

Anyway got another shiny elektrike. Thats 7 now nya~
    I breed most of my shinies, so I'm just used to having control over the nature and IVs to a certain extent is all :P
    I'm very happy that it finally shone =)

1,506 encounters and my second charm shiny pokemon appears!
    http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/r...081FB8855B.jpg
    IVs are
    HP: 22
    ATK: 19-20
    DEF: 5-8
    SP. ATK: 13-14
    SP. DEF: 5-6
    SPD: 24-25

Page 108 of 937 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast