Page 121 of 946 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 23637

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Breeding with MM in Gen 4: 1/1639
    Breeding with MM in Gen 5: 1/1366

Hang on... I didn't think the odds were THAT good. Isn't it 2048 in Gen 4? Gen 5 I'm not too sure about.

EDIT: Game Mechanics page on the main site says 1/2048 in Gen 4.

http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml
    Last edited by Pink Lapras; 7th February 2013 at 4:07 AM.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Congrats to Bathrezz on the Bagon a while ago, VictorC on Latios, JohnNiles on Porygon, and DittoPokemon97 on Turtwig!

I did 100 SRs for Piplup today. Other than that, I continued on with Black Tower on Black 2. My non-shiny Umbreon is now level 100 and my shiny Umbreon is level 84. On Area 8 atm, will hopefully finish it today or tomorrow and get that shiny Gible (who will sit comfortably in the PC), then go back to Virbank to continue hunting!

Also, last night (after coming home from work after midnight), I decided to work on a new shiny card, since my original one was far too big for the signature rules...So after resizing some pictures, remodeling some boxes, finding different usable fonts I like, aligning all the boxes so they're evenly spaced down to the pixel...I finally made one that abides by the forum rules without having too big of a picture or making my overall signature too tall (It actually ended up being barely the right size, since I'm currently meeting the 420 pixel height maximum :x). But I like it for now. Of course, it won't even last through my badge quest, let alone any other shinies I might find while doing my BQ. I might just have to follow suit then...

Good luck!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 1,500 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 12,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 9,300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Ok question. Am I still able to SR for shinies on Ruby/Sapphire if the internal battery is dry? I might start a Treecko hunt on Ruby, and Beldum on Sapphire.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

So, after a month and a half hiatus from MM, I'm picking it back up. I'm 6 Seviper eggs away from 420. Hoping I don't break 1000 again.

Also, posting in the Generation I page.
    Pinkie's Current Team!

Pinkie's Shinies!
    RE: [as a Tympole] [as a Karrablast]
    Trade/Gift:
    MM: [355 Eggs] [86 Eggs] [103 Eggs]

Heart Gold FC: 3438 5754 3906 | White 2 FC: 1808 0069 2399

Shiny Hunt: [White] and [Fire Red] [via Soft Resetting]
    Previous: 103 Eggs
    On Hiatus: [1130] [570] [270]
    Next up: ???

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    Ok question. Am I still able to SR for shinies on Ruby/Sapphire if the internal battery is dry? I might start a Treecko hunt on Ruby, and Beldum on Sapphire.

im pretty sure that a R/S with a dead battery is like Emerald, so im sure you cant...at least you cant SR very well..for sure...dunno bout other methods...

edit: i found out it is possible depending on how quickly your shiny frame appears, so it IS possible but unsure how likely...
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 7th February 2013 at 6:14 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Well, atm it's only Ruby that has that message, but I've had both of them for quite a number of years now.

EDIT: Well, that sucks. 2 different websites said the same thing. Right shame too, it's the same game that got me my shiny Rayquaza.

At least it won't happen to LeafGreen. After Articuno, I'll try for Moltres. I already have gotten 2 RE shinies on this file, a Zubat in Mt Moon and Goldeen in the Safari Zone, both before I got to the Elite 4 and both just 3 days apart.
    Last edited by Pink Lapras; 7th February 2013 at 6:23 AM.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

Community Hunt Complete!!! After a very short 200 SRs my beautiful Heatran decided to shine ^.^ Since I had such a short hunt I am still deciding on what to hunt next. I will most likely be going for Regigigas to finish up the last of my legendary golems. Keep up the great work everyone and don't give up on your hunts ^.^

Edit- BTW congrats VictorC on that Latios! That is an amazing shiny ^.~

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps420b693f.png
    Last edited by Markasdarkas; 7th February 2013 at 6:59 AM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

As a newbie to shiny hunting, I have two questions. I would greatly appreciate it if these questions were answered, as I'm a tad confused. What version would you recommend starting to hunt on, and how long would it usually take to find a shiny? Time is not a concern, and I am not an impatient man, I would just like to know. Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rectification View Post
    As a newbie to shiny hunting, I have two questions. I would greatly appreciate it if these questions were answered, as I'm a tad confused. What version would you recommend starting to hunt on, and how long would it usually take to find a shiny? Time is not a concern, and I am not an impatient man, I would just like to know. Thank you in advance!
    Any version, depending on what you want. If you want a reset shiny then any game with the starter/legendary/gift Pokemon you want is suitable. Same if you want a random encountered shiny, just pick a route from any game that has shiny Pokemon you want. If you want to try Pokeradar you have to play Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. If you want to breed (using a foreign Pokemon), then I'd suggest Black or Ehite because the odds are higher. Remember that if you get a full Pokedex in Black 2 and White 2 you can get the shiny charm which increases the chances of getting a shiny by resetting, encountering and breeding. I would not recommend Emerald or a dry battery Ruby/Sapphire though, as they have a broken RNG - they generate shiny Pokemon at the same time after starting the game, so each time you start the game you might have to play it for several hours without turning it off in order to get a shiny.

As for time... It depends. If you're really lucky, it could take a few hours, but if you're really unlucky, it could take several months. It's impossible to tell how long it would take because it's all luck really. Anyway, good luck on your future shiny hunts, and your current shiny hunts for everyone else here!

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

My shiny Rayquaza took either over a year or 5 days, depending. The whole hunt combined took that long, but my revenge hunt only lasted 5 days.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

Hi everyone u v u;; I'm new at shiny hunting, just started it back in December when I got my White 2 version. So far I only have 2, a Cottonee after 1134 eggs and a Zorua after 991 eggs (MM with no shiny charm).

I'm currently trying to hatch a shiny Trapinch with MM, but after more than 1700 eggs still no luck Q 7 Q

Good luck with hunting everyone !

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Congrats on all the newest shinies everyone, especially Cpchris on getting your long awaited Shiny Umbreon at last! ^_^ Once again there's been so much luck going around for a lot of people, which is great~

@supersmew: Whoops, my bad XD I was pretty tired when I made that that last post, and trying to list everyone out...should've read it more carefully, haha.

I've been overloaded with assignments again lately, so I only started up again on my hunts this week. I'm now at 3380 SRs for Kyurem in White, and have started up on 10 eggs MM for a Shiny Eevee in Soulsilver. It's not a lot, but now I've got a week off for half term I'm hoping I'll at least be able to get Kyurem to shine soon.

...and I really need to get back to SRing for Tepig on White 2 soon. By the time I actually get around to playing W2, I'm sure all the Dream World promotions for it will have ended T.T.

February's Community Hunt is really nice in how many different shinies people can go for which are red and pink . I've been wondering, would Kyurem count for it as well? I've been looking at the sprite for a while, and I think the eyes/wing lights could class as pink...? But then it looks kind of like a shade of purple as well, ehh |D.

As always, good luck everyone! :3
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

I nearly got excited about my Gible counting towards the CH, but then I remembered that it was a gift pokemon. Ah well.

I've made next to no progress on my hunts. A grand total of 10 Articuno SR's today. That's it. My progress is in my sig so I'm not constantly posting about it.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

... YAY! Finally after an annoyingly long 32,470 encounters my 6th Heart Gold badge quest shiny has appeared! n____n

... And it's exactly the one I wanted; a shiny Growlithe!

He's also Jolly natured (so my synchroniser worked) and has intimidate for his ability. So he's pretty much perfect and was worth the wait. *__*

Video: Shiny Growlithe appeared!

Lol, that one shiny took about six months to appear, which is longer than I've spent on a whole badge quest in the past. I sure hope my new HG badge quest shiny doesn't take as long...

Oh, and also, good luck guys. And congrats on new shinies!

Edit: My new Growlithe also has some interesting IV's:

Growlithe - #058 (Jolly)
    HP: 26 - 27
    Att: 7
    Def: 30 - 31
    SpA: 31
    SpD: 20 - 22
    Speed: 19

If only the 31's in def/sp.att were in its attack and speed! ;_;
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 7th February 2013 at 3:51 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Congrats Helio! That's quite a massive number of encounters however Growlithe is a lovely shiny. Up to 1060 SR's for Virizion on Black 2 with the Shiny Charm-hopefully it'll appear this weekend. Good luck guys =)
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    -Snip-
    Thank you very much for your help. As I already have a copy of Ruby with a working internal battery, I think I'll be trying for a shiny Treecko. I really appreciate your reply!

Hello fellow shiny hunters! This is my first post on serebiiforums, so i'd like to tell you all that i have been shiny hunting for about 2 years now and am still going strong! I have a youtube channel under the same name as this one, KickassNosepass, where i post LIVE videos of myself obtaining shinies. I started it early this year, and i already have 3 LIVE videos, one of them being a shiny Mewtwo! Thanks for reading this guys, and good luck on all of your hunts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    Breeding with MM in Gen 4: 1/1639
    Breeding with MM in Gen 5: 1/1366

Hang on... I didn't think the odds were THAT good. Isn't it 2048 in Gen 4? Gen 5 I'm not too sure about.

EDIT: Game Mechanics page on the main site says 1/2048 in Gen 4.

http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml
    Bulbapedia says: "In Generation IV, a new mechanic was added to breeding: there is now a five fold increased chance (5/8192 or 1/1639 as opposed to the regular chance of 1/8192)"

edit - @Ambri, Kyurem counts for the CH
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 7th February 2013 at 4:11 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I gave up at my SRs for a shiny Oshawott. I'll MM a shiny charmander now, because you don't have to keep the DS on and you can SAVE!
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

I have started dual hunting. On my Black 2 I am Sring for Kyurem because I heard it counted for the CH and I was just waiting for motivation to go for it.

Also on my Black 2, I am MMing for a Shiny Hidden Ability Nidoking. I hypothesize that I will hatch atleast one normal ability Nidoking and a H.A. Nidoqueen before I get a H.A. Nidoking.

Was wondering if Registeel counted for this month's CH, in the event Regichoc shines soon (1,200 SRs now)... What do you think, Dangertrout?
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #6 - Eon Ticket Latias

3,500 Run Aways

Oh my god my luck is nuts!

Yup, a shiny Bronzor just appeared in my Platinum! The exact shiny I wanted! It is almost unbelievable that it shone after 521 REs as well. I couldn't get pics of the encounter as I was filming at the time. Can't upload it though, but I have pics of it anyways. It got a Modest nature, which is cool.

Congrats on the shinies everyone! My next hunt is in Route 215. Good luck!
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Bronzor is such a killer shiny! Congrats man, glad you finally had a short hunt :-)

I'm now at 4,000 REs for this hunt but won't be able to hunt at all today. Will hopefully get some done tomoz.

Congrats on shinies and good luck!

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

Just 1 day after SR'ing a shiny Latios, i SR'd a shiny Heatran 400~500 SR's made it a quick hunt.
    Going to EV train some pokes for the upcoming winter friendly then on to Registeel.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps9ca7cdf9.jpg

Grats on the Bronzor Aqua

Quote Originally Posted by VictorC View Post
    COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!

Just 1 day after SR'ing a shiny Latios, i SR'd a shiny Heatran 400~500 SR's made it a quick hunt.
    Going to EV train some pokes for the upcoming winter friendly then on to Registeel.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps9ca7cdf9.jpg

Grats on the Bronzor Aqua
    Congratulations! wow two legendaries close together what luck! i have not gotten a shiny Legendary. I am trying to get Latios to be my first shiny Legend. I have done on and off SRing for it in my black 2 version but no luck. I think i have done around 350 SR's in total for it so not much. I will go back to it after my current RE hunt and try to get it before i continue MMing shiny starters.

Good luck to everyone else on thier shiny hunts.
    Shinies are good.

Page 121 of 946 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast