Page 123 of 914 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 22830

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Now that is new to my understanding. Huh, so I guess no real benefit to leaving on and using standby. I'm actually looking for a shiny magnemite preferably in Virbank Complex. I don't think I'm near moving npcs except they do rotate. Also I have been going back to Center and using pc, but not anymore.

So maybe this'll work if I find a solid, no spots without grass, area there with no moving or rotating npcs and I won't miss my shiny frame?

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Now that is new to my understanding. Huh, so I guess no real benefit to leaving on and using standby. I'm actually looking for a shiny magnemite preferably in Virbank Complex. I don't think I'm near moving npcs except they do rotate. Also I have been going back to Center and using pc, but not anymore.

So maybe this'll work if I find a solid, no spots without grass, area there with no moving or rotating npcs and I won't miss my shiny frame?
    I'm not sure. I read somewhere that even moving your own sprite would advance the frames (can't remember which version that was in)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Wait, but if I'm moving in grass, would the seed automatically make a pokémon appear or would the pokémon appearing and the seed have to happen at same time, meaning I could reach the seed, but at that point a pokémon might not appear?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Frankie View Post
    Wait, but if I'm moving in grass, would the seed automatically make a pokémon appear or would the pokémon appearing and the seed have to happen at same time, meaning I could reach the seed, but at that point a pokémon might not appear?
    I'm fairly sure it doesnt just appear when the shiny frame hits, I dont know if it just pertains to SR targets or RE aswell, but I read somewhere that even if your encounter is half a second off the shiny frame it will be a normal poke....not 100% sure but it makes sense.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

This is making me appriciate my shiny elgyem Max even more than I have, as well as making me want to quit searching for shiny magnemite despite it's cool look.

Say I miss my shiny frame and I'm still doing the leaving game on with standby approach, there could be another shiny frame to appear, right? That makes sense, because didn;t someone say they found a shiny, and then they found another like right after (not sure if they shut the game off between the two though).

Yay! I've just acquired the famously easiest-to-obtain shiny, that is a red Gyarados. Doesn't count for the community challenge, because I got it through a trade (for a regular Xatu), but it's still a good-looking shiny.

Good luck with your hunts!
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/smrpq9.jpg[/IMG]

951 eggs 160 eggs 259 eggs 850 eggs 2832 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    he means if you don't put it on standby, the frames will continue to advance because of NPCs moving around and such.
    although, with the GBA games, closing the lid doesn't put them on standby, they continue to run. so you cant "pause" the RNG in those

edit - I should probably point out that because of the way the frames advance because of NPCs moving, or you moving or using your PC, etc... it's entirely possible to skip over your shiny frame. So leaving the game on forever doesn't guarantee you'll hit your shiny frame.
    It should be noted that those are two different types of frames. One is the IVRNG, which as the name implies, controls the IVs. Wandering NPCs don't affect this at all in Generation 5, but withdrawing Pokémon does. Battles advance the IVRNG by about 120 fps, and walking 128 steps will advance it by however many Pokémon are in your party.

The PIDRNG is the RNG that controls gender, nature, ability, if it's shiny or not, encounter slot, and if it's holding an item (if that's applicable to species being encountered). That is advanced by WNPCs, as well as turning in the grass, or taking a step in the grass (two frames for each).

Finally, the seed is determined when you start the game, and won't change unless you activate the C-Gear in BW1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMAiNIwKixg

I'll just provide the video for the shiny, I haven't got any worthwile pics right now(I am allowed to post links to the video, right?).

Right, I am now at 125 REs for Marill or Lickitung. Grats on the Koffing/Virizion/Mesprit/Heatrans and the rest of the shinies!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Wow, whoever got Virizion needs to lend me some luck!

And my BQ's first shiny will officially come from Floccessy Ranch. I'm leaving that cursed pig.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Wow, whoever got Virizion needs to lend me some luck!

And my BQ's first shiny will officially come from Floccessy Ranch. I'm leaving that cursed pig.
    sorry to hear about your flame pig problem, hopefully youll get lucky and have a short hunt at ''The Ranch''

...as for me i decided to try to MM Axew...for now

edit: ...strike that axew mm, i changed it back to yanma and just postpone Axew RE till later...
    EDIT2: switch AGAIN... this time to Victory Road Outside, hoping fot Fraxure or Rufflet(with my luck Heatmor or Meinfoo..)...all I know is if I keep switching ill never find any shinies XD
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 8th February 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I'm not sure. I read somewhere that even moving your own sprite would advance the frames (can't remember which version that was in)
    In 5th generation, moving npcs, saving, walking yourself, turning yourself, listening to custom chatters, and wild battles advance frames. Walking 255 steps also advances frames, just not the shiny ones, so it's not really important...

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Wish me luck on my first dedicated hunt! I have to postpone my Treecko hunt due to a dry internal battery on my copy of Ruby, so Snivy, here I come!
    ~ Current Shiny Hunt ~
    Duskull
    Scraggy

~My Shinies~
    Beedrill

I have decided to do my first SR hunt. I am looking for mesprit and have already done 76 encounters. Hope it will shine since I have already done over 3,000 RE's a few weeks ago. (And the RE's I didn't count while just leveling up pokemon and EV training.)

Ok...I have questions. I know questions like “what was your longest/shortest hunt?” were asked alot, but what about these:
    What is/was your DREAM SHINY?
    and question 2: If youve already found your DREAM SHINY, was there any good stories behind it?(like why is it your DREAM SHINY/anything funny happen while you were hunting it.)

mine would have to be my Dratini(Dragonite now). Im still a little disappointed it isnt a Male..but ill live. anyways i tthought about getting one a LOOOOONG time ago, but thought to myself "ill never be lucky enough to RE one, and MMing will take forever due to egg steps/lack of luck"...then not 5 encounters after i caught my ferroseed and begun training him at Dragonspiral Lake BOOM a shiny dratini appears!..1st word/s out of my mouth was a sarcastic “No”...caught it in the 2nd Dusk Ball thrown. I started training her and the rest is recent history XD
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 8th February 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Shiny tepig definitely would be my dream and completed shiny. So, it began like this: me sitting in my living room, watching late night television to keep things from repetitive (get bored, watch TV, return hunting, repeat.) Now, I was never lucky with shinies myself, before my only shiny I encountered aside from the Dos in Gen II and IV was a shiny pidgey in SZ in my HG... that fled after escaping one Safari Ball. Broke my tiny heart to nothing. Then, I was watching videos of people MMing Tepigs or SRing and I decided, sure lets have something to do over the summer. That is where we return to the living room part, so I had my 3DS on my left, my DS Lite on my right, I was watching SG-1 and hatching and SRing. Since the region lock, I could only play my White on my DS and resorted to having my Black in my 3DS. So I began collecting and hatching, restarting and going through the same dialogue over and over...
    I was about to quit for the night, but I figured I should finish up hatching the remaining stack of eggs.

When I was collecting a few eggs for the fresh batch, I hatched a few, then while preoccupied with White (Since the text is long no matter how you see it) and egg hatched.
    I was tapping A like crazy to get to Bianca challenging me to a Pokemon battle to see whether this Tepig was a shiny or not. It wasn't. But, I glanced over to the hatching screen,
    I figured it was my eyes, being 1 A.M. and being 1 A.M. I tended to not see things correctly. So, I sat back and looked at the hatching screen, then it hit me, it was brighter than all other of the tepigs I hatched that day. "Couldn't be, could it?" I thought to my self as I looked a bit closer. Upon closer inspection, there on my screen, jumping for joy, was my first successful MM hunt of Gen V.
    Of course, I was half-asleep at the time, mind you, didn't think it was (Nicknamed it anyway because I was bored) and thought "One glimpse and I'll save and quit." Boom! I see that telltale sign: a red star.

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    Walking 255 steps also advances frames, just not the shiny ones, so it's not really important...
    Um, what?

That's entirely false. Every 128 steps, the IVRNG advances by however many Pokemon you have in your party. Additionally, walking tends to advance the the PIDRNG as well, unless you're in an area without any wandering NPCs, or grass.
    Last edited by Agonist; 9th February 2013 at 12:27 AM.

I already have my dream shiny, my Rayquaza.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

My dream shiny was Metagross, which was fairly easy to get with Magnet Pull.

And I made a rash decision earlier. Considering how many RE hunts my BQ will consist of, and reviewing the ranch's pokémon, I have gone back to Tepig, with new motivation.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Wow, good luck with the Tepig.

Got a few Skarmory eggs hatched last night, but that's it.
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

I notice you guys are talking about dream shinies

I still ahvent got mines its suicune ill go for it one day congrats on that rayquaza you really deserved it and gl with tepig but don't you already have one?
    anyway my hunts are 4000 pachirisu REs and little over 7k in relic castle good luck everyone congrats on the mesprit city
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

coca im sure youll definitly get your suicune one of these days..and i got a feeling that Pachirisu will shine much sooner..

I believe my outside Victory Road will end in some sort of success soon aswell
    good luck on all hunts, may all you new pokes' shine XD

addition: Umbreon is 1 of my favs aswell(between Haunter and Dragonite), it was actually the 1st shiny i got on my White Version(technically 2nd Eevee 1st XD), mines Male, Mild Nature, Level 80 at the moment,very tanky and can do pretty good damage as well
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 9th February 2013 at 5:32 AM.

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Congrats to City Of Delusion on Mesprit, DittoPokemon7 on Cranidos, RaichuArcanine on Virizion, 2sra on Cyndaquil, and dan2point5 on Koffing!

I got out of work early tonight...That storm hit us fairly well and the roads are pretty bad, so I guess most people decided to stay home. But I called a friend and talked for almost an hour, and now I'm just going to eat dinner, kinda start packing, finish leveling my shiny Umbreon (one and a half more levels till 100!), and finish Black Tower. Then if it's not too late, I'll watch White Collar from last Sunday...But no hunting tonight :x

As for my dream shiny...I'm pretty sure basically everyone knows >_> It's Umbreon. Charizard used to be my one favorite Pokemon, but for a while, Umbreon's been my favorite. And his shiny form looks even better, so my favorite pokemon + awesome shiny = dream shiny. Started the hunt a few days into November, and just finished it a couple days into February. A little over 6k REs since my Litwick, and about 5.3k of strictly Eevees, and it was a pain to hunt since I was clicking back and forth trying to stay in one spot to save on super repels. But it clearly paid off in the end. And it was male too, which I wanted. And it happened at night, which I liked just since he was going to be an Umbreon. IVs weren't very great but they weren't horrible either...So happy to have my dream shiny ^_^

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Swablu, Vulpix, Cottonee; Black 2 (Abundant Shrine): 1,000 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 7,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 3,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I'm in kind of a sour mood so I'm going to post in brutal, excruciating detail.

Dream shiny? Mine's probably Steelix. I prefer Ice over Steel, but I'm not happy with the selection of Ice types, so I went with a bunch of Steel shinies. Steelix's gold color is fantastic, even better than the regular sprite, so I figured it would be a great addition to my collection.

Back in Gen II when Steelix was introduced, it had a horrible movepool. It's improved somewhat, but ironically, Steelix still lacks a natural physical Steel move. It can't learn Iron Head, but it can learn Heavy Slam... off a Golem parent. So when I was ready to MM, I started chucking Dittos onto the GTS, hoping for a Japanese Golem- not just any old Golem, but one with good IVs. I figured that another MMer on the other side would be looking for Dittos and could guess what I was aiming for. I wound up with several with terrible IVs and weird natures. I think at that point I realized that I should've been requested level 1 Geodudes, fresh out of the egg, to eliminate all the wild caught ones. Eventually, I got a good Golem and away I went.

So I hatched and I hatched, and after I'd passed double the expected odds, I began to have paranoid thoughts. I began to wonder if the Japanese parent was hacked and wouldn't count for an MM. The reduced egg production rate from mismatched parents didn't help. I dropped the hunt, then picked it back up again, and at around 4000 eggs - so long that I lost count, it hatched. I didn't even catch the exact moment, because I was too busy button mashing and browsing the web.

It has everything I wanted - Relaxed nature, Sturdy ability, and a couple max IVs. And now that Custap berries are available, I can slot one in and get in a free revenge hit. It's currently sitting on my old White cartridge, waiting to be unleashed.

Hi all. I just got back home from holidays. I haven't yet had a chance to read up on what's happened while I was gone (its a lot of pages) so I'm just going to say Congrats to all those who obtained a shiny while I was away. As for me I only got one shiny during my holiday which I am extremely happy with. I got my shiny Cyndaquil after 1357 eggs with shiny charm. It's male and rash natured. It's also now fully evolved and well on its way to lv100. I did some hunting for oshawatt on my black after cyndaquil and resumed my Latios hunt on Black 2 in the spare time i had during the rest of my holiday. Good luck to everyone on your hunts. I'll now go back and read what I've missed.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps0526f971.jpg
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Funny. I had the calculator opened on my laptop HOURS ago for my Articuno SRing. Haven't touched it since I opened it.
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS

Page 123 of 914 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast