Page 133 of 894 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 22335

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Good luck on your hunts! I hope they go by as quick as mine did! I'm a little lost now on what to go for next haha. :P

Would you guys recommend I just slowly hunt for shiny Pokemon, or should i go through the game, then come back to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    Good luck on your hunts! I hope they go by as quick as mine did! I'm a little lost now on what to go for next haha. :P
    Why not do a Badge Quest? I mean, that is if you got your Shiny Charmander in Fire Red or Leaf Green. If you don't know what a Badge Quest is, its in the first post.

Speaking of Badge Quests, mine has come to a halt for a while due to laziness. Originally, I was going to do the crazy thing and hunt in the Safari Zone. Decided against it in favor of a Shiny that I'm guaranteed to get; Hitmonlee.

As far as my other hunts go, my Black 2 hasn't been seeing much use lately. I've been alternating between MM a Riolu and SRing for a Regirock. Tempted to add another hunt to it and go RE in the Nature Preserve. Probably shouldn't do that until I wrap up my current hunts in it, I guess.

Started a hunt for a secret target in my Pearl. Its a secret because its only semi-legit, and I'd rather not go into it at this time. It'll be my personal prize, and something I'd really not mind having.

Lastly, I've begun a hunt in my White in White Forest. Current Pokemon there are Lotad, Aron, Abra(Which I'd rather not get, but a Shiny is a Shiny), Mareep, Togepi, Gastly, Bagon, Shinx, Happiny, and Pidgey. the only ones I'd not really like are Happiny and Bagon. I don't have a problem with the others. After I'm done with this, I'm going to beat the Elite Four again and respawn Thundurus to SR.

I was trying to recall the various Shinies I've found over the years, barring the Red Gyarados and Nature Preserve Haxorus, and discovered that I've only ever found 52 Shinies ever through various methods including random ones.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Badge Quests seem alright, just sounds like it would take a while also.

Congrats to Laurelai on your b'day shiny, Scrufox86 on your chained shinies, Zenn of Ascension on Snorlax and OnceDone on the super quick Charmander and any I missed.

I'm back with another completed hunt. After 843 eggs Shiny Oshawatt hatched on my Black version. Male with a careful nature. Does Oshawatt count for the CH, it's shell does look pink to me if so Community Hunt Complete. Don't know what I'll hunt next on my Black, I may try to reclaim Coballion but I think I'd prefer to leave that until I can dual hunt with one of my other games as well. For now I shall hatch the remaing Oshawatt eggs that I have.

Good luck on your hunts.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...psc1c061fe.jpg

EDIT: Finished hatching my eggs and OMG another shiny Oshawatt on the 856th egg another male this time with a bashful nature. I am currently stunned.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps7405d031.jpg
    Last edited by Cyndajay; 17th February 2013 at 1:41 AM.
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Congratulations on the Oshawatt! I have decided to begin my BQ on FR!

Congratulations on the Oshawatt! I have decided to begin my BQ on FR!
    Welcome to the forums =)
    I need to ask you to make use to the edit button on the bottom-right of your posts, instead of posting so frequently with one liners.
    If you get another shiny, it's fine to post more than once a page. Other than that, try to stick to editing your post until the page rolls over =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Thanks for the message

So, after taking a loooong hiatus to EV train my normal pokemon for competition, I've decided to take a break from that and resume my shiny venonat MM'ing. I've been at it for about a week and no results. Previously I quit for a while because I'd spent like 2 weeks with nothing.

So what's your longest drought for a shiny? I'm wondering if I should just give up and try MM a rogenrola...
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    So what's your longest drought for a shiny? I'm wondering if I should just give up and try MM a rogenrola...
    My longest drought has been a month without a shiny, 2 if you don't count the accidental Sunkern I got within that period, but that technically ended my drought. That's nothing compared to some other people, though. I say go on with Venonat unless you really want Roggenrola. Though it's your choice. Either way, good luck!

I've been slowly but surely going back to RE'ing, and I've now reached 8300 RE's. I saw this coming the moment my last BQ shiny appeared, since this is only my 2nd BQ hunt to go over the odds. Since I've had a long break from hunting, though, I don't mind really. Something will show up eventually, though hopefully it doesn't take too long. Meanwhile, good luck everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Well, since the last time I posted I have managed to evolve my Shiny Charmander, and went forward with my BQ. I have to admit, I got a little over-confident when it comes to catching shinies, since i caught my Charmander so fast.
    I have decided to start going for either a Shiny Weedle, Caterpie, or Pikachu (Whichever one I end up finding) in the Viridian Forest. I am only at 150 REs, but I am starting to realize how long and tedious catching Shinies actually is.
    Oh, and I haven't even touched Brock's Gym yet. :P

well im at 625/750 Axew eggs hatched and nothing...yet, hopefully 1 decides to shine soon cus im getting sick of green scarves and i wanna RE Abundant Shrine for either Chimecho or Vulpix(but if i get bronzong/misdreavis/noctowl itl be ok, if stantler shines though ill be a lil disappointed...)

my 1st non LoR Gyrados shiny was a random Tyranitar(and i didnt know it was shiny till i tried using it[didnt see it sparkle when i caught it]), and soon after i got a Beedrill(F) at the Bug Catching Contest on my Silver Version...but 1st shiny i saw but lost was a Butterfree i found in my sisters Gold Version when i was headbutting random trees at LoR...i used all my pokeballs on it(in critical condition) and failed

anyways grats on recent shinies/good luck on everyones hunts.
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 17th February 2013 at 4:43 PM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Progress: 306 SR's for Johto starters,
    700-800 (I lost the page that had the actual count but it was somewhere around there) Kanto Starters
    Lugia SR's: 0

I decided that I needed to focus a bit harder on hunting to get out of my drought (I haven't gotten a shiny since july and that was a Totodile and before that I was in a drought where my last shiny was in november -_-) So whatever starter (Kanto or Johto) shines first is what I'll be doing a badge quest on. I'm just hoping something shines soon. Anyway congrats on all the new shinies and I wish you all the best of luck!

Congrats to ElectricBassClef on two Sneasels, City Of Delusion on Heatran, Markasdarkas on Regigigas, Mime Senior on Patrat, elorasheppard on Gligar, Jeppo on Vibrava, eleiefarozi on Lickitung and Volbeat, pokemon trainer mystery on Totodile, Royal_Qeca on Metang, stevencloser on Vanillite, Cyndajay on Lillipup, Laurelai on Yamask, Scrufox86 on 3 Pichu, Zenn of Ascension on Snorlax, OnceDone on Charmander, and Cyndajay again on two Oshawatts!
    And congrats to Charizardmaster#1 on the Shiny Charizard card

Meanwhile, I still haven't hunted because I'm still trying to beat that awful PWT. Would love to be done with this horrible rigged thing. Er...On the bright side, I have about 5,284,196 shards from all my losses.

And currently, I just need one more win (I've somehow managed to get 9 wins in the 20-30 hours I've been working on it the past few days) until I get to the Champions Tournament, and then hopefully it doesn't take too long so I can get my orange card and finally get back to shiny hunting...

But I worked all day today pretty much, working in the morning till 4 tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have time tomorrow afternoon to finish everything.

Two: Why does everyone count the number of SRs or Encounters? Last One (I promise): What was your first shiny, and on what game?
    I count just because I like to know. I'm the type of person who would look back on an old shiny and wonder "Did that take 50 encounters or 10,000 encounters?" Kind of puts it into perspective how long a particular hunt may have taken. I just like taking basic records like that.

My first shiny was the SoulSilver Gyarados, of course, but besides that, it was a Litwick I found when I was EV training my Umbreon in Black 2.

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 6,200 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 4,600 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1,400 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

So I usually just linger around on this forum and this thread because while I enjoy hunting for shinies and have a small collection, I rarely have time to hunt due to college. However, I've found some time recently and beenable to hunt again. While I keep trying for a RE in my HeartGold BQ, as well as an Abra from the game corner, neither want to show up. As a result, because I was getting sick of seeing the same set of 5 nonshiny abra over and over again, I put in my SoulSilver in and found that I had saved in front of Lapras some time in the past. My response was basically "meh, what the heck" so I decided to try my hand at it for a while and shockingly, within less than 50 resets, BAM! Shiny Lapras appeared. It is a vision of quintessential beauty and I am so happy to finally have it on my game. Eeeeeee :3

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/46/img1361g.jpg
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6301/img1363y.jpg

Also, it's female, caught in a love ball, calm (synch worked) and has a 29 in Sp. Atk, a 22 in Def and a 17 in HP, which is pretty damn alright with me
    Last edited by LucarioMan101; 17th February 2013 at 7:52 AM.
    Name: Alex
    3DS Friend Code: 1977-0735-3604
    Friend Safari: Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Golurk
    Feel free to add me! Send me a pm if you do please!

Ok so I want to start shiny hunting on games before gen 4. Any tips?
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

VioV, tips:

-Do not SR on Emerald, as the RNG is broken (basically, it's extremely hard to get a shiny)
    -The same goes for Ruby/Sapphire/Firered/LeafGreen with dead batteries, but you can RE shinies on them.
    -Here are the lists of SRable pokemon in: Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen (There are some like Lugia/Ho-Oh/Deoxys/Jirachi that you can't legally access unfortunately)
    -In FR/LG, there is a Game Corner in Celadon City which allows you to buy and SR for:

FR - Abra(180 coins), Clefairy(500 coins), Scyther(5,500 coins), Dratini(2,800 coins) and Porygon(9,999 coins)
    LG - Abra(120 coins), Clefairy(750 coins), Pinsir(2,500 coins), Dratini(4,600 coins) and Porygon(6,500 coins)

You can carry 50,000 coins in the coin case, if I recall correctly.

-Lastly, if you want to see where certain shinies are, use Pokéarth!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by VioiV View Post
    Ok so I want to start shiny hunting on games before gen 4. Any tips?
    You've read the tip about SRing in R/S/E on the first post of this thread, right?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Ok thanks a lot fir the tips! It helped a lot!
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

I've been hunting Tepig since Valentine's day, so I'm switching to Virizion today. I really think I might get it today, but I'll just wait and see.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

50 SRs for the Johto Starters, not much time to hunt as my parents are just dragging me around. I'm saving money to buy LeafGreen to possibly do Charmander as I always loved Shiny Charmeleon and to hunt Articuno. Is the RNG broken on Leafgreen or is it ok to SR? I don't know if it's only on Emerald and if it has to do with dead batterys.

Also, my friend is trying to chain Geodude. He got to 35 and a Stantler appeared. He wasn't happy.

As another question, I apologize for two questions in one post, how do you get the Pokéradar in Platinum?

GL to everyone!

EDIT: Thanks, Aleh. And... UUUUUUUUUUGH. PokéGTS time. I'm just jokin', not until I have completed my badge quest.
    Last edited by supersmew; 17th February 2013 at 5:30 PM.

Saaatoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    50 SRs for the Johto Starters, not much time to hunt as my parents are just dragging me around. I'm saving money to buy LeafGreen to possibly do Charmander as I always loved Shiny Charmeleon and to hunt Articuno. Is the RNG broken on Leafgreen or is it ok to SR? I don't know if it's only on Emerald and if it has to do with dead batterys.

Also, my friend is trying to chain Geodude. He got to 35 and a Stantler appeared. He wasn't happy.

As another question, I apologize for two questions in one post, how do you get the Pokéradar in Platinum?

GL to everyone!
    You'll get the Pokéradar once you see every Pokémon the regional Pokédex.

Hold on, what is this I'm hearing about shiny hunting being a lot harder on FireRed? I thought FireRed was alright, and it was just R/S/E?
    Anyways, I've just started REs for a Shiny Diglett.
    Good lucks to all the new hunts that have started and to the ongoing hunts!

Ugh! I am still working away at Eevee number 5 out of 9 now (instead of 8 cuz of Sylveon). I am up to 4,100 REs in the Castelia Park WITH the shiny charm. Wayyy over the odds. Once I get this one through RE, I will continue my hunt for the next one through MM. I have already hatched all 660 in my first batch. I don't know how I will be able to catch 5 more Eevee and stay motivated...

Anyways, happy hunting everyone!
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: Nothing right now

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Hold on, what is this I'm hearing about shiny hunting being a lot harder on FireRed? I thought FireRed was alright, and it was just R/S/E?
    Anyways, I've just started REs for a Shiny Diglett.
    Good lucks to all the new hunts that have started and to the ongoing hunts!
    It is not harder to hunt on FRLG I assure you. Also, only Emerald is naturally harder to hunt on. RS are only harder to hunt on if the battery dies.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Page 133 of 894 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast