Page 134 of 908 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 22688

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Wow! Oh my.... I just started chaining on pearl version and i got a shiny patch on chain 8 while chaining Glameow! Captured it in Luxury ball and i am trying to continue the chain up to 40 to get a few more shinies. If for whatever reason the chain breaks i am not going to be annoyed as i have at least gotten an early shiny from it.

Congratulations to all newly gained shinies everyone and good luck to everyone still shiny hunting. I am going to try to think of something to do with my sig because i cannot add any of my recent shinies to the list as there is no room left in the sig for the sprites.
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    Ugh! I am still working away at Eevee number 5 out of 9 now (instead of 8 cuz of Sylveon). I am up to 4,100 REs in the Castelia Park WITH the shiny charm. Wayyy over the odds. Once I get this one through RE, I will continue my hunt for the next one through MM. I have already hatched all 660 in my first batch. I don't know how I will be able to catch 5 more Eevee and stay motivated...

Anyways, happy hunting everyone!

dont worry, im sure youll get the rest of your Eevees very quickly(your games starting to OWE you BIGTIME XD)

i wonder what type Slyveon will be...looks Normal type..but Eevee has that, and i read some rumor about a new type Light(unsure if true)...all i know is they gotta make a Steel Eeveelution...

im collecting Axew eggs and i think ill get about 750(in total) hatched tonight(SIGH...)
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!!!

I guess my hunch was right! I got my shiny Virizion! My synchroniser worked, so it is Jolly natured. Here's everything from the IV Calculator:

#640 Virizion [Jolly]
    IVs: 14, 15 / 7, 8 / 16 / 0, 1, 2 / 0, 1 / 11, 12
    Stats at Lv.45: 143|0 / 89|0 / 77|0 / 77|0 / 121|0 / 117|0

So it could be a little better, but I'm happy because a shiny is a shiny.
    Now I'm off to hunt Terrakion for the CH.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Well hello! Anyone remember me? :P

I took a fairly long break from shiny hunting, about 2 weeks I think? I'm not sure what happened but I think I just got burnt out and it stopped being fun... I'm hopefully back now though! I finally broke 800 SR's for that silly Snivy and I'm hoping to slowly but surely make it to at least 5000, but I'm not going to push myself to hard since I think this Snivy hunt was what stressed me out too much, I tried to do more SR's then I could personally handle. I've also put my Platinum BQ on hold since I'm toying with the idea of skipping forward to Porygon, SRing for a shiny and then restarting my BQ over and going for Chimchar like I originally wanted to. After I get Snivy of course!

To fill in the gaps when I don't feel like SRing so I don't waste time I could spend shiny hunting, I've started a mini Stunky egg hatching hunt, since I've wanted one for a while and the February CH is still going. Maybe I'll get lucky like I did with Charmander, or maybe luckier, but we'll see :D

Anyways, about to go catch up on what I missed now, congratulations to everyone who got shinies and good luck those who didn't. I'll try not to be absent so long next time!

Edit: I always worry no one will see my edits, but to be a good little forum member, I will edit my post because that's what is preferred!
    First of all, thank you HGaddict! I hope your hunt for Snivy goes well too! You're probably far far ahead of me now, but I wish you all the best regardless. Share some luck if you get yours first ;D
    Second on the agenda, I have toiled hard over my 3DS all night and have managed to hit 900 SR's, at the expense of a couple hours sleep! I probably won't do this much every day (I'll try!) but for a first day back hunting I feel pretty good! I'm going to DEFINITELY reach 1000 tomorrow, no excuses this time, and then maybe I'll do some Stunky Tuesday, along with 50-100 SR's for Snivy, that sounds doable :)

Again, good luck in your endeavors, and I hope I'll have a new shiny, Snivy or not, by the end of February to share with you all!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 18th February 2013 at 6:01 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

How Long in hours/minutes did it take you guys to find your shinies, i'm curious...

Nice to see you again Lunafloon! I too am still hunting for shiny Snivy. I hope you will get yours soon!

@ShadowRadon: It varies on the hunt and the amount of luck you have at that particular moment. The shortest it's taken me is about 3 days and the longest hunt I've had was around 6 months long (with triple the chance of getting a shiny too...)

Ok well good luck too all in your hunts! I hope you all get them soon!

Hi everybody =D.
    Congrats on all of the recent shinies especially eliteempoleon on that hard earned virizion!
    My White 2 is being harsh on me. Charmander is now at 700 eggs, but this is a shiny i love sooo much and will continue as far as needed to get =D. I have a few days to hunt now, so lets hope i get it =D.
    Gl all and i've been thinking, if charmander shines soon im gonna go on a little kanto starter quest, and mm Bulbasaur and Squirtle too. Gl all again especially kitty on that even longer eevee quest!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Well, after a couple months of absence, I decided to pick up my MM hunt again. And after 2,500 eggs, I still don't have my shiny Porygon.
    Been well over six months now, so this hunt is getting a bit tiring. Hopefully I will get it soon so I can start RE shinies, since I find that way more exciting.
    First MM Shiny Hunt Completed!
    After:2648 eggs!

woo hoo some shiny news!
    i decided to double hunt once(Axew MM on White and SR Abra on Firered), i sr'd Abra at Celadon Game Corner(not Axew but still..)1st successful SR, its a Lax Female with 26HP 8ATK 8DEF 26SPA 15SPD 21SPEED....took 1 day SRing so ....still waiting on this stubborn Axew though :P

Grats on all recent 1s and GOOD LUCK on your hunts

oh...3 1/2 boxes of Axew eggs to hatch till 750 hatched(got distracted ALOT today XD)[collected them this morning only hatched 15 eggs...]
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 18th February 2013 at 1:55 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Got a shiny Pidgeotto in rumble randomly yesterday. Pics shall come later . Also does my Shiny Totodile count for the CH? If so Community Hunt Complete!(for a second time).
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

got a shiny luxio yesterday at a chain of 1 was try to chain for electabuzz. will keep it a luxio since i have luxary
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

Right now I'm continuing my SRs for the starters in Platinum decided to go after Turtwig too, because I am having diffcultys with the other two that I wanted more. Unfortunetly I'm not feeling very motivated right now, the only shiny I've gotten outside of in-game events is Tropius(except the in-game event ones).
    Last edited by Shadowkrow; 18th February 2013 at 2:17 AM.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts: (All on hold until further notice)
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well, Route 41 fishing, and Route 48 at night(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE)

Most Recent Shiny:
        Spoiler:- Badge Quest:

Just hit 800 tepig eggs, totaling 1,680 since i actually started this hunt a couple months back. 800 w/ shiny charm

Well I've been pretty sick with a slight fever for the past 2 days so I haven't really been in the hunting mood but now I'm feeling way better! I'm at nearly 9k encounters at Abundant Shrine and still nothing but I guess this makes up for the quick Vulpix and Stantler I got there. Really hoping Bronzong shines this time. Gratz to TheEliteEmpoleon on Virizion and JAWAYami on Abra! Good luck everyone
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

I once got a random shiny gorebyss... and it took me 21 SRs to find totodile,
    also how long in hours/minutes would it take to do 1000 SRs
    My Best Shinies:

Here's the pics of pidegeotto:http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...pse6e2f22f.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...psb765595c.jpg http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/...ps537fbae5.jpg Gonna hatch more Growlithe later-good luck to everyone as always.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    So, after taking a loooong hiatus to EV train my normal pokemon for competition, I've decided to take a break from that and resume my shiny venonat MM'ing. I've been at it for about a week and no results. Previously I quit for a while because I'd spent like 2 weeks with nothing.

So what's your longest drought for a shiny? I'm wondering if I should just give up and try MM a rogenrola...
    I'm currently at a 3 week drought, and I've hunted everyday of those three weeks and done over 23k on four seperate systems since then. My two hunts are at 13400, and 14400 respectively. This is not to discourage anyone, but things like this can happen whilst hunting.

Before these two hunts my previous longest was 9876SRs for torchic and my past five hunts have been below 2.5k, so this happens, just stick at it, and your shiny will appear, that is the whole idea behind hunting!
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

First off, congrats to everyone who obtained their shinies.

So, yesterday my friend said she wanted to RE a shiny Mareep at Floccesy Ranch. She thinks she has horrible luck with shinies because she's been trying to chain a shiny Miltank for a year now and within that same time frame, MM a shiny Riolu. She wanted to try RE but she was afraid she would not have much motivation to continue after 100 encounters. I told her I would race her, so I RE on route 15. About 30 minutes later I looked down at my screen and noticed that a Gligar seemed darker than usual, and then I saw the sparkles so I looked over at my friend with a calm face and whispered, "I'm sorry, I just beat you." I was really afraid to lose it because I had this feeling it might know U-Turn(And this is one of my dream shinies) so I chucked my Master Ball at it... it ended up not knowing U-Turn so that kinda sucked.

Adding up all the encounters I had since Marill, I found that Gligar after only 882 Encounters. Wow, I wonder what would happen if I actually did get the shiny charm but I'm never going to obtain the thing because I'm too lazy to fill the entire Pokedex and I honestly think I don't need the shiny charm at this point. I LOVE YOU BLACK 2!!!

I think I might stay on Route 15 as I want the shinies for the other Pokemon there or I'll move to Lostlorn Forest. I don't know yet.

Well, good luck everyone.
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

I am in disbelief, complete and utter disbelief.
    I was hunting Mareep and FR/LG all day yesterday and got to 13400 and 14400 REs which is 27800 REs overall.

A friend told me to hunt in white, as my 5th gen luck is good, and so I decided to go for tympole or timburr outside pinwheel forest

I didn't record encounters but after about 5 minutes hunting (20-30 REs) A shiny appeared in my white. I am speechless

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...psebaef715.png

My 3 week drought is over, not by mareep or even something in FR/LG, but by my amazingly lucky white version.
    This is exactly what I wanted and I am both speachless and unbelievable happy =D.

The video will be up later folks, good luck to y'all xD
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

Congratiez on the recent shinies~! I'm almost at a 2 month drought in my shiny drought. I'm hardly trying though, so can't get shinies if I don't try xDYet again I've been very busy. Gl to everyone on their hunts~* As for me back to fishing in the Safari Zone in Fire Red for a shiny or a Dragonair(Yes i'm being very daring) :3

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~} {~TEF~} {~Mystic Types Cloob~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 87~} {~Most recent shiny : Shiny Wurmple(OR Horde)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

My Bank Ball Collection Spreadsheet

Community hunt completed

I didn't do much shiny hunting lately and randomly thought like lets try and hunt a shiny.

So after exactly 700 random encounters I found a red needled female hardy natured lvl 64 sandslash on route 15. :3

So I accidentally found a community hunt shiny :-D

EDIT:
    - I just noticed that there are a few not pink/red shiny pokemon in the community hunt completed tasks list? Whats the deal with that? Example: Totodile, or is it just because he got a slighty red eye?
    Last edited by Dylz; 18th February 2013 at 4:50 PM.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    EDIT:
    - I just noticed that there are a few not pink/red shiny pokemon in the community hunt completed tasks list? Whats the deal with that? Example: Totodile, or is it just because he got a slighty red eye?
    Even if there is a little red or pink, it still counts towards the CH.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Totodile also has a pink tongue which is how it got in there.

@ Lunafloon, I check back for edits, I'm sure others do as well =)
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Ah that sucks, now my shiny doesnt feel special anymore ;-p just a second sandslash.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE
    After 865 eggs, shiny adamant tepig has hatched. Will EV train in attack and HP then I'll be back to live hunting
    http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/r...3CA1544C4F.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsEy_ttCHww&sns=em
    Last edited by Crimson_Blazer; 18th February 2013 at 7:31 PM.

Page 134 of 908 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast