Page 135 of 916 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 22880

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Community hunt completed

I didn't do much shiny hunting lately and randomly thought like lets try and hunt a shiny.

So after exactly 700 random encounters I found a red needled female hardy natured lvl 64 sandslash on route 15. :3

So I accidentally found a community hunt shiny :-D

EDIT:
    - I just noticed that there are a few not pink/red shiny pokemon in the community hunt completed tasks list? Whats the deal with that? Example: Totodile, or is it just because he got a slighty red eye?
    Yeah i also noticed this but apparently they are allowed. I personally don't agree they should be counted to be honest because even though there is a tiny bit it feels like those who have gone out of thier way to actually get a pokemon whose main colour is red or pink in shiny form are being slapped in the face. But it is not down to me so we have to accept it even if we don't agree they should be counted. And why Pokeradar pokemon are not counted is an odd one to understand. I have six shiny Pichu and a shiny Glameow who would've counted towards this month's CH.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Even if there is a little red or pink, it still counts towards the CH.
    Yeah it is a bit annoying when you get a pokemon who is mostly of the colours for the CH theme and then someone goes and gets something with a tiny pink tongue and that counts just as much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Ah that sucks, now my shiny doesnt feel special anymore ;-p just a second sandslash.
    What do you mean? It counts towards the CH so it is special isn't it? At least it isn't something like Beldum who is only counted because of a small red eye.

Edit - @ JAWAYami i know it doesn't state they do not count but there are so many that have been counted with so little of the theme colours that it really does not make sense. Surely you would think right i will find something to meet the criteria but not only just by a teeny tiny bit but as the main colour. Like my shiny Cleffa yes it has green ears but the rest of it is a bright pink which is the main colour and fits with the pink of Valentine's theme. I wouldn't count it for a theme that wants green shinies because it only has a tiny amount and clearly the main colour is pink. Totodile's main colour is teal and Beldum's is silver so it is odd they count for a Valentine's theme. And Cyndaquil doesn't even have any red on it, it is orange and there is a red flame coming out of it but it is not the pokemon itself that is red so again it is odd to be counted.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 18th February 2013 at 6:31 PM.
    Shinies are good.

I was honestly hoping people were going to pick targets that had a decent amount of color for the CH.
    On the other hand, more people are participating this month because they didn't have to pause their personal projects to find a target that meets the criteria.
    It IS kind of nice to see so many completed hunts on the first page. Still, would have been nice if the targets had been mostly pink or red
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

it actually does make sense that pokemon with little pink/red spots count because nowhere in this months CH does it say that most/all/majority of it be red/pink just says red/pink have to be on it somewhere....

anyways im dual hunting white/firered again(for Axew and another Abra respectively[another Abra because i traded the other 1 to Diamond waiting to trade to White as soon as i borrow another DS])...Axew just hit 750 and collecting 4 more boxes, and Abra will be bought sooner or later...XD

grats on recents/good luck on all hunts.

@Dylz but Metagross cant be MALE...XP
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 18th February 2013 at 6:08 PM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

I am in a four month drought right now.
    Got my copy of X!

Since there is a 6th gen coming I'm gonna aim for a shiny each Gen in a Luxury ball, caught in unova with all the same trainer ID, + Being male.

Gen 1 - Arcanine
    Gen 2 - Tyranitar
    Gen 3 - Metagross
    Gen 4 - Unknown yet.
    Gen 5 - Unknown yet.
    Gen 6 - Sylveon

I'm currently doing the repel trick on eevee. :3

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I was honestly hoping people were going to pick targets that had a decent amount of color for the CH.
    On the other hand, more people are participating this month because they didn't have to pause their personal projects to find a target that meets the criteria.
    It IS kind of nice to see so many completed hunts on the first page. Still, would have been nice if the targets had been mostly pink or red
    Well, it sure is more success than last month's CH, though I guess that's because of the much more broad criteria this month.

I still find it quite ironic that both of my possible targets have a noticeable amount of red in their standard forms, but not their shiny forms. Not like I mind much, since I'd rather just get a shiny here and go on. and evolve my poor Rhyhorn Meanwhile, my RE count is now at 8800, which is coming slowly closer to my Machop(10770 RE's). I'm starting to expect this to surpass Machop. And my poor Feebas hunt has been on hold ever since I got to 150 eggs for it. I don't know when I'll go back to it, but right now, my BQ is what needs me more. Now, good luck everyone!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Yass!Yass!Yass!
    Golden Lizard has been aquired. End of the drought! Shiny Charmander, after 768 eggs!!!! Oh what a beauty! Male and rash (w2 everstone!). So relieved. Going to hatch the rest of shellder eggs and charmander eggs, i have a good feeling too! Congrats all and gl!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Got my 6th bq shiny it's mudkip hatched after 588 eggs
    HUNTS
    990 SRs

@paddy - Massive congrats on shiny Charmander! Happy you finally got it, plus shiny Charizard is a bossss!
    @pxm1 - congrats man! Mudkip is a great shiny, definitely on my list of future MM targets!

Anyway as for me, my 7th BQ shiny just appeared!
    After 7,447 encounters shiny Unown decided to finally shine! Definitely thought this was going over the odds so I'm really happy right now!

Congrats on all shinies and good luck to all those hunting!

YES! Shiny Buizel after 2,581 REs!

I was again on the SHU chatbox when it appeared. I freaked when I saw it! I'm happy, as I am expecting FRLG soon, so one less hunt to worry about! My next hunt on Platinum will be Rotom, as I adore Rotom-C a lot.

Video: Here!

Good luck and congrats everybody!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Yes buddy! What a night this is turning out to be! Congrats :-)
    Just asked you via VM what you're hunting next but just seen its rotom haha.

Gonna train my team for next few days and then start my final hunt. It's going to be whirl islands and I'm hoping for Horsea! Hopefully I get it in time for the CH.

Hey everyone~!
    Im new in this place, I just RE'd my first shiny, I have pretty bad luck with shiny's as i have been trying to get a shiny miltank forever now XD
    And Iam horrible and chaining, the only time i was ever successful at chaining was when i was chaining for mybest friend. XD

So anyways, You all may know my best friend WaterTypesFTW, So yesterday she beat me at the race, it was my first time RE'ing. However i beat her in our second race,I got my first shiny RE'ing. It was pretty early so it took a while to click in XDDD

Anyways I got my shiny Psyduck at 676 encounters.http://www.silver-islands.com/images...054psyduck.gif

Lastly, thanks to WaterTypesFTW for giving my a handful of shinies <3

My current RE goal is:
    http://www.silver-islands.com/images.../179mareep.gif

Wow o.o! There seems to be a lot of luck going around today! Congratz to WaterTypesFTW on Gligar, Jonny7197 on Tympole, Dylz on Sandslash, Crimson_Blazer on Tepig, Paddy on Charmander, pxm1 on Mudkip, Dan2point5 on Unown (really cool target btw), AquaRegisteel on Buizel, and Red la Derp on Psyduck!

Phew, hopefully some of this luck comes my way but gratz to anyone I missed and good luck everyone!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Tornadus. (SR)

Community Hunt Complete!

I caught a shiny skorupi a little bit ago. I have it on film only, and youtube was being stupid, so it took a while to get the video up and going. Not to mention movie maker was not working for crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhqE2iXEWU
    Last edited by rovert; 19th February 2013 at 1:58 AM.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by WUMBOWHALE View Post
    Shines are gay.
    I'm sorry, but how is this statement true? In any way, it is more offensive, as you are using homosexuality as a derogatory term. But nothing else I shall say. I'll let someone else deal with this...

Meanwhile, I just hit 50 SRs for Rotom. I did a capture test which was odd as Bronzor was all over the place. It took 10 minutes got me to give up on it XD

Congrats on all other shinies though and good luckbtoo
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I've got an outbreak of wynaut on my White game today, so I've got my level 29 watchog, a smoke ball, and max repels going. Hope, hope, hope. I just don't want wynaut/wobbuffet to turn into another seven-month quest like wingull was.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y
    To reclaim:

Congratulations to everyone who has recently caught a new shiny!
    I had been planning to hunt quite a bit this weekend, but it turns out my family has plans to go see some relatives in California, so i went along. Anyways, I am back to hunting now, currently at 405 REs for a Shiny Diglett on my FireRed BQ. I was hoping the Diglett would come as fast as my Charmander did, but oh well! I just hope this hunt does not drag on for too long! And also I am about to start my Platinum BQ! Not sure if I should SR for one of the Sinnoh starters or not. Good luck to everyone with ongoing hunts!
    Oh, and heres a question,
    What do you do to keep yourselves entertained while hunting for Shiny Pokemon?
    Last edited by OnceDone; 19th February 2013 at 5:22 AM.

closing in on 875 eggs hatched for Axew...nothing yet(but have the rest of the fourth box to hatch[been going slow today due to SRing Abra on FR(been paying more attention to FR for some reason)])...hopefully 1 hatches soon because its getting frustrating/exhausting seeing only green scarved ones...i may hold after 1k(2k NORMAL pokemon eggs[darn 10k steps...5k with ability but still...2x normal steps 5k/2k]) eggs to RE or something

grats on all recents(ALOT of those today..)[nice buizel :P], and good luck to those who havent found one yet today XD

edit: at this point for Axew im at 875 MM eggs hatched and 10k Repel Trick REs at Mistralton Cave...,hope a shiny one shows soon...

HUGE EDIT: OMG!!!! after i posted edit i decided to RE a bit and BAM 7 encounters in SHINY AXEW APPEARS!....a Male with Rivalry and Modest nature stats: HP 76 ATK 52 DEF 47 SpATK 30 SpDEF 38 Speed 45....OMG IM SOOO HAPPY this LOOOOONG hunt is over 2 hypnosis's(1st 1 missed) and 1 Dusk Ball XD...can finally add a non-free Shiny Haxorus to my team :P
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 19th February 2013 at 7:28 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Yeah i also noticed this but apparently they are allowed. I personally don't agree they should be counted to be honest because even though there is a tiny bit it feels like those who have gone out of thier way to actually get a pokemon whose main colour is red or pink in shiny form are being slapped in the face. But it is not down to me so we have to accept it even if we don't agree they should be counted. And why Pokeradar pokemon are not counted is an odd one to understand. I have six shiny Pichu and a shiny Glameow who would've counted towards this month's CH.

Yeah it is a bit annoying when you get a pokemon who is mostly of the colours for the CH theme and then someone goes and gets something with a tiny pink tongue and that counts just as much though.

What do you mean? It counts towards the CH so it is special isn't it? At least it isn't something like Beldum who is only counted because of a small red eye.

Edit - @ JAWAYami i know it doesn't state they do not count but there are so many that have been counted with so little of the theme colours that it really does not make sense. Surely you would think right i will find something to meet the criteria but not only just by a teeny tiny bit but as the main colour. Like my shiny Cleffa yes it has green ears but the rest of it is a bright pink which is the main colour and fits with the pink of Valentine's theme. I wouldn't count it for a theme that wants green shinies because it only has a tiny amount and clearly the main colour is pink. Totodile's main colour is teal and Beldum's is silver so it is odd they count for a Valentine's theme. And Cyndaquil doesn't even have any red on it, it is orange and there is a red flame coming out of it but it is not the pokemon itself that is red so again it is odd to be counted.
    I think that some people, like myself with sandslash, were going for red shinies but its not the one that turned up So its nice to know that I can still say I completed the CH even though the one I wanted for it didnt appear. Im still hunting there so if Sandslash does decide to show up shiny, Ill replace my CH success with the more red one.

Im up to 500REs in route 15 again, and now 2800 Squirtle eggs T T
    As this is my first MM hunt to go over the odds, I think my game is making up for some of my easier hunts. Please shine soon!

Congrats on the big flurry of recent shinies, especially that axew JAWAYami, I know thats been a long hunt.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Wow loads of shinies here! Congrats to all who got them. I hate to blanket congrats however I just finished three hours of homework and I'm tired. Got 50 SR's for Ho-Oh, will be getting back to that very soon. As for what I do while hunting shinies, I either listen to music(mostly from my favorite band, The Wanted), Watch TV or read through old shiny hunting threads/watch shiny videos on Youtube. Good luck to all as always! =)

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Congrats on any shinies since my last post!

110 REs in the Giant Chasm. Forgot about Magnet Pull.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRadon View Post
    I once got a random shiny gorebyss... and it took me 21 SRs to find totodile,
    also how long in hours/minutes would it take to do 1000 SRs

Yay! Shadow finally came here!

EDIT: Do Ho-oh, Totodile and Cyndaquil count for the CH?
    Last edited by supersmew; 19th February 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Saaatoshi!

Congrats to pxm1 on Luxio, watertypesftw on Gligar, jonny7197 on Tympole, Dylz on Sandslash, crimson_blazer on Tepig, paddysturtwigfanclub on Charmander, pxm1 on Mudkip, dan2point5 on Unown, aquaregisteel on Buizel, red la derp on Psyduck, rovert on Skorupi and jawayami on Axew!

Quote Originally Posted by oncedone View Post
    Oh, and heres a question,
    what do you do to keep yourselves entertained while hunting for shiny pokemon?
    I usually watch YouTube videos while I shiny hunt, regardless of the method! I also occasionally watch movies or anime, though I tend to get too distracted with what I'm watching when I do that and forget to hunt XD

Quote Originally Posted by aquaregisteel View Post
    Meanwhile, i just hit 50 srs for rotom. I did a capture test which was odd as bronzor was all over the place. It took 10 minutes got me to give up on it xd
    Also, good luck on Rotom! I tried SRing for a shiny Rotom 3 times back in 2009 and each time I never got over 500, so I hope you have more patience than past me XD
    I plan to go back one day though and stick around no matter how long it takes!

As for my current hunts, I'm nearly at 950 SR for Snivy and I will be at 1000 by the end of the day, exciting! Even if it's taking a while :P
    I'm also going to have to change my current hunts AGAIN however because, if anyone remembers, I was going to race my boyfriend once he got his Shiny Charm, which he did yesterday! So I'll be down Virbank Complex with my Shiny Charm, instead of hatching Stunkys, for a while. I will still be doing Snivy though, but it may be at a slower pace. I'm hoping for 50 SR a day which is little but still better than none! I just don't want to lose the race! :P
    I'm hoping for a Growlithe more than anything, I want one SO bad! But Magnemite and Koffing are my 2nd choices. I'm currently staring at Elekid's shiny sprite on Bulbapedia trying to burn the colour difference into my brain, in case my sound is off when I possibly find one.

Anyways, just felt like updating, it's good to be back! Wish me luck, and good luck to everyone else on your hunts too!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 19th February 2013 at 10:44 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Congratz on all the new shinies guys! ^-^
    I've been HRing for Kyurem lately.7 days to be exact!I was hoping for a birthday shiny but it didn't happen.Last night I HRed while watching the Kyurem movie.I have to say,I lost my respect for this pokemon.He ran like a chicken!A frozen chicken to be exact! O_O
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Wow, more shinies after I left, congrats everyone! (And glad to see you on the shiny thread, Red La Derp!)

I realized that my no motivation for hatching Aipom is because I did not want that shiny that much anymore. So I switched to another one of my favourite shinies, Horsea. (Does Horsea count for the CH?) I'm going to keep the egg count for Aipom and add it to my Horsea count, so I hatched about 16 boxes of eggs in total since my shiny Golett hatched. I have a really good feeling about the box I'm hatching right now, I know that beautiful seahorse is in one of these 30 somewhere!

I wonder, with my luck this month, if I can obtain 4 shinies before the month ends. I have ten days and today to see if I can do it. I think I might be able to pull it off, we shall have to see! = D

Good luck everyone! I've been seeing droughts going around. Don't give up, something will shine for you soon!
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Pokemon Pearl

COMPLETE: 7062 Soft Resets

OH MY GOD! After 10,237 encounters at Abundant Shrine... I don't get Bronzong... but a 5% shiny Misdreavus!!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2a186e4b.jpg

I never thought I would get this because of its low encounter rate, plus I was using magnet pull so I was encountering Bronzong most of the time. So it was such a surprise to see this pop up! Even though I was so sure this wouldn't shine, I made sure I brought my Mienshao with taunt just in case something like this happens because Misdreavus knows perish song and thank god I did! Although, I noticed afterwards that if this Misdreavus appeared by itself then this could of possibly been a fail since it could of used perish song on the switch to Mienshao or I could of missed hypnosis as it used perish song but thankfully nothing like that happened! :] Also, would this count for the CH? The necklace thing looks red-ish. OH! and it has one of the best natures for it which is Timid! So I'm very happy with this shiny even though its not Bronzong. But I'm gonna put Bronzong on hold since I now have everything in Abundant Shrine except it. I may just MM it at a later time. Anyways, gratz to Rovert on Shorupi and JAWAYami on Axew! Good luck everyone!!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Tornadus. (SR)

Page 135 of 916 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast