Page 136 of 941 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 23502

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats dude! Sorry it's not bronzong but it's a great 2nd best!

Just finished training my team so now it's time to start the final hunt. Just discovered Horsea is only available through surfing and fishing at whirl islands so instead the main targets are now krabby and Zubat!

Congrats to all and good luck!

To all you people asking if something counts before starting your hunts... have you considered just picking a target that obviously counts?
    If nothing else, just so I don't have to see others whine about how unfair it is that Gligar or Cyndaquil got on the list.
    (and yes, Cyndaquil counts because of the red flame, which is produced by the pokemon and therefor a part of the pokemon)

Why don't pokeradar pokemon count? because pokeradar brings the odds below 1/1000. And before you hate on shiny charm MMing, had it brought the odds below 1/1000, I'd have excluded it as well. But it stayed just high enough to remain an option. Arbitrary? Maybe. When you run something, you can make arbitrary rules as well.

However, in general, I try to make things broad enough that many people can participate without having to push off their own projects. Mainly because I think everyone should be out there having a life while they can, rather than playing pokemon 16 hours a day. And one day, you too will understand that life is too short to be mad that a Totodile has a pink tongue that causes YOU to value your shiny less. Everyone else, however, thought your shiny was awesome because it met the criteria better than the Totodile.

I haven't actually updated in a while. I'm still working on teams for my friends, which is incredibly boring.
    I'd like to get back to hunting my own things, but this project is taking forever because I'm busy with getting life stuff sorted out and just don't have the time to play. (stupid tumor!)
    Almost done though, so hopefully I can get back to SRing Cobalion or doing something for the CH soon.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

i agree with DTs' 1st sentence..i mean if you have to ask if it counts(before hunting it)...pick a different poke that theres NO DOUBT would count in the CH....just common sense...

also im at 200REs at Abundant Shrine(hoping for chimecho or vulpix[but i wouldnt mind anyone else, i dont have any shinies from here.,,:P])
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

900 eggs hatched now on my shiny Litwick quest, still nothing.

Come on you tiny candle, be blue already!!

Congrats to all the recent shines - there's been lots!
    Last edited by YNCRN; 19th February 2013 at 6:28 PM.
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    To all you people asking if something counts before starting your hunts... have you considered just picking a target that obviously counts?
    If nothing else, just so I don't have to see others whine about how unfair it is that Gligar or Cyndaquil got on the list.
    (and yes, Cyndaquil counts because of the red flame, which is produced by the pokemon and therefor a part of the pokemon)

Why don't pokeradar pokemon count? because pokeradar brings the odds below 1/1000. And before you hate on shiny charm MMing, had it brought the odds below 1/1000, I'd have excluded it as well. But it stayed just high enough to remain an option. Arbitrary? Maybe. When you run something, you can make arbitrary rules as well.

However, in general, I try to make things broad enough that many people can participate without having to push off their own projects. Mainly because I think everyone should be out there having a life while they can, rather than playing pokemon 16 hours a day. And one day, you too will understand that life is too short to be mad that a Totodile has a pink tongue that causes YOU to value your shiny less. Everyone else, however, thought your shiny was awesome because it met the criteria better than the Totodile.

I haven't actually updated in a while. I'm still working on teams for my friends, which is incredibly boring.
    I'd like to get back to hunting my own things, but this project is taking forever because I'm busy with getting life stuff sorted out and just don't have the time to play. (stupid tumor!)
    Almost done though, so hopefully I can get back to SRing Cobalion or doing something for the CH soon.
    Well i wasn't whining i was just pointing out that it is alright to exclude pokeradar pokemon from the list but pokemon who only have a tiny amount of the themes colours are accepted which is unfair. Is it really difficult to find pokemon whose main colour is red or pink? I had to pause my personal shiny target last month to try to get a shiny baby pokemon but i didn't complain about having to do it so i could join the CH.

And i got an early shiny patch when i got my shiny Glameow, patch 8 and that has odds of 1/6600 (or 1/1650 as there are 4 patches) so not below 1000 so going by your own logic then shouldn't it count? Shiny charm + MM odds are better than that. If not then alright but i am just pointing out what you said is in contrast to what happened with me and the pokeradar. Just out of interest why does it matter what the odds of getting a shiny are when this thread is supposed to be about getting shinies?

By the way congratulations to everyone who got a shiny lately. Good luck to everyone still hunting.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 19th February 2013 at 6:16 PM.
    Shinies are good.

Yayifications! Hatched a shiny Skarmory in 632 eggs. I already have one- a French one off the GTS, but I wanted one I could put to use in the PWT.

http://i.imgur.com/Y3rvwrT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/JoBhJyx.jpg

It's my best bred Shiny yet- female with Impish nature, Sturdy ability (thankfully not Keen Eye), outstanding potential and max IVs in HP, Def, and Sp Def. It took quite a lot of setup time to make. I started off SR'ing a DW Skarmory for Impish nature, then bred it to get rid of the DW ability (Light Metal, really?) Bred it against a Ditto with Max. Def IV, then bred until I lucked out and got both max Def and Sp. Def. Then I got a Japanese Starly off the GTS (so I could breed Whirlwind as an egg move) with max Attack and Speed. I MM'ed until I got an excellent female, then got another Starly with max Def, the IV I absolutely needed. A couple hundred more eggs later, and I got my Skarmory.

I'm going to EV train it on Yamasks, and hopefully get a RE shiny. I'm not sure what I will breed after this.

To whoever was struggling with the PWT (Gustavo, I think), I recommend breeding some defensive pokemon - high stats, status inflicters, healers, stat boosters, whatever works. I've been working on defensive shinies on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Well i wasn't whining i was just pointing out that it is alright to exclude pokeradar pokemon from the list but pokemon who only have a tiny amount of the themes colours are accepted which is unfair. Is it really difficult to find pokemon whose main colour is red or pink? I had to pause my personal shiny target last month to try to get a shiny baby pokemon but i didn't complain about having to do it so i could join the CH.

And i got an early shiny patch when i got my shiny Glameow, patch 8 and that has odds of 1/6600 (or 1/1650 as there are 4 patches) so not below 1000 so going by your own logic then shouldn't it count? Shiny charm + MM odds are better than that. If not then alright but i am just pointing out what you said is in contrast to what happened with me and the pokeradar. Just out of interest why does it matter what the odds of getting a shiny are when this thread is supposed to be about getting shinies?

By the way congratulations to everyone who got a shiny lately. Good luck to everyone still hunting.
    well, I wasn't about to waste my time asking every person who used pokeradar how far in their chain they were when they got a shiny patch to then assess if it was low enough to qualify.
    It seemed far simpler to just not put pokeradar on the list of methods with which to hunt for the CH.

And it's not unfair to let small amounts of color qualify, but not let pokeradar qualify because if you read the OP you see what the criteria are and pokeradar is not on there. not my fault if you choose to use the pokeradar.
    When we chose this hunt, it was brought up that there weren't that many targets to choose from, so I expanded it. Also, the last two hunts weren't very active, so I hoped to get a bit more participation by doing it this way.

edit - if you want to continue this debate, VM me
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 19th February 2013 at 7:37 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

I got a random shiny Herdier a couple months back...
    My sister once ran into a golden Rattata, but didn't know what it was. It is long gone.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Hi guys, didn't think I'd be back so soon but I am!

My drought that's been on going since July (in which I only got one pokemon from a chain and no other shinies in that period at all) has just ended thanks to getting a shiny cyndaquil!

I am so excited right now!!! I got him at 411 SR's!! This also means I've gotten every possible Johto Starter.

Now I can officially start my first badge quest!

Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck to everyone who's hunting!

I am so close to getting the shiny charm but the 40 pokemon are hard to get xD Hard to find people to help out too :c
    I paused my shiny hunts until I get the shiny charm and right when I get it I'M GETTING THAT LITWICK.
    I won't give up on it! After that I'm still going to hunt for Trapinch and I'm thinking about SRing for the Jhoto starters on SS

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

I got a shiny Hoothoot I think that I can say "community hunt complete" because of it's red eyes, pinkish bill, and pinkish feet. It wasn't what I was looking for( I was going after shiny shroomish in viridian forest in my soulsilver), but I'm still happy with what I got. I got so excited when I saw that it was shiny and it helped keep me motivated. I'll have more info on it when I get the chance.

Edit: Ok heres more on Hoothoot. It's level 4 female, I nicknamed it Silent One(because it's an owl and when they hunt they are completely silent). It's got a docile nature, and mischievous characteristic. It's ability is Insomnia, and it's IVs are Hp 30 Atk 23 Def 7 Sp. Atk 31 Sp. Def 22 Spd 28(unfortunetly I'm not entirly sure if the IVs are correct because I don't have enough rare candies to raise it's level to the minimum 25)
    Last edited by MurderofKrow; 20th February 2013 at 1:52 AM.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE) AS: BQ #4 ???(RE) OR:

Most Recent Shiny:
    OR: 4771 SRs Nickname: Void

Congratulations to everyone who has caught a shiny pokemon as of late!
    I am still working on that Diglett on Pokemon FireRed, although, I am only at 425 REs.
    I am still deciding on which route to hunt for a shiny pokemon for my 1st Platinum BQ. Any Suggestions?
    I hope to get as much progress into my Shiny hunts as i can, but as I am an athlete first, I have to start training for an incoming Summer Basketball League, and a coming Football season. I know that will take a LOT of time out of my shiny hunting, but nonetheless I will continue hunting for shiny Pokemon! I will also be getting a copy of Heart Gold tomorrow! I am quite behind in the Pokemon series, as I have only played up to Pokemon Platinum...
    Once again, Good luck to all the recent shiny Pokemon!
    Last edited by OnceDone; 20th February 2013 at 12:24 AM.

Congrats on all the newest shinies! I swear, everytime I end up being busy and not checking here for a while, there's a ton of new ones XD. Massive congrats to Helio on ending that big drought on Heartgold at last |D.

Even with the half term break, I ended up not progressing much further on my hunts because of other things I had to catch up on, but I'm now up to 3865 SRs for Kyurem on White and 110 eggs for Eevee. With Sylveon being revealed as a new Eeveelution, it makes me want to think about hatching for another one at some point if it has a nice shiny form as well XD. I'm aiming to get to at least 4000 SRs for Kyurem by the end of the week, unless I get lucky and it shines before then of course .

Good luck everyone on your hunts! ^_^
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

So Today on my hunt for a Shiny Mareep, I encountered my second shiny Psyduck at only 412 encounters! Come to me mareep, come to me.
    Current RE Goal

Recently Obtained
    (676)
    (412)

Thanks for the gratz everyone! :] I'm still in shock that I got a 5% shiny with a great nature!

I've decided to hunt on Soul Silver for mainly shiny Mareep but Bellsprout, Rattata, or even Wooper would be nice. I'm also still going strong for shiny Cresselia so hopefully it shines soon. Gratz to JohnNiles on that epic shiny Skarmory (I really want one of those now lol), ChaoticInverse on Cyndaquil, Shadowkrow on HootHoot and Red La Derp on the second Psyduck! Maybe we should race since we're both aiming for Mareep :]? Good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

I am debating on getting Black/White or just jumping to Black/White 2, I would like some opinions soon please, as i will have to make the choice pretty soon! Thanks!
    OH, and while we are asking questions, How do you guys get your pokemon for MM?
    Last edited by OnceDone; 20th February 2013 at 2:30 AM.

Just hit 1000 eggs in my shiny Zorua hunt. Starting to get discouraged, but I won't give up! Not letting that shiny Zorua get away from me . I still have about 3 boxes of eggs left, so maybe I'll get lucky and one of them will be shiny.

Congrats to everyone who recently got shinies!
    Favorite Pokemon Ever: Ho-Oh
    Because of a holographic Ho-Oh card I got a long time ago when I was sick. Made my day better .
    I have officially claimed Ho-Oh and Trevor!
    Shiny Pokemon:
    Dragalge,NoivernClauncer
    KlefkiDelphox x2PumpkabooDedennex2
    Most Recent Shiny(not counting events):

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    I am debating on getting Black/White or just jumping to Black/White 2, I would like some opinions soon please, as i will have to make the choice pretty soon! Thanks!
    Black/White for storyline, or Black2/White2 for gameplay/content. *edit* I should provide more useful information, taking a cue from JAWAYami. I'm in favor of B/W2.
    - Yeah, more legendaries are good (except the Tao trio got offloaded to another game, I think?). Feels so good to SR for Regi golems with the shiny charm.
    - Join Avenue is cool - I'm running 6 nurseries pretty much every day.
    - Your personal statistics are tracked by a Join Avenue NPC, so no more watching the damn TV just to figure out how many eggs you hatched. -_-
    - The Pokemon World Tournament lets you battle pretty much every gym leader ever, and you don't have to chain huge streaks like in the Battle Subway.
    - All gym leaders except the first get a remixed gym theme.
    - White Hollow/Black Skyscraper provides the highest level trainers ever, so leveling is not a problem.
    - Pass orbs are much easier to get now with the Funfest missions. There's a better variety of pass powers, though the Max/S ones went away.
    - The game has more towns.

So basically, B/W2 is better in all respects except storyline. (also, I miss Elesa's old look)

I get my foreign pokemon off the GTS of course. Putting up a native Ditto and specifying a pokemon usually works pretty quickly. People who look for Dittos are planning to MM, therefore they are almost always from another region. I prefer mine with good IVs, so I usually specify that it has to be between level 1-10. This eliminates wild captures in most cases and makes it more likely that the person on the other end is a breeder like me. It's been pointed out that the pokedex will show you which languages you've received pokemon for (if it originated before Gen V), and if I have more than one and it's ambiguous, I trade it over to a cartridge I've restarted on to check it.
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 20th February 2013 at 4:09 AM.

Too ba i cant catch Ditto on Platinum..

about 1.5k REs at the shrine so far. good progress i suppose. was thinking it was gonna be a real short hunt this time(considering how my re hunts were going...Metang 126RE, Ferroseed 9kRE, Dratini 4RE, Axew 10kRE...etc XD...at least double grass is better then repelling a cave...:P) there is 1 encounter i hate so far...DOUBLE Stantlers...1 with each ability[intimidate and frisk]....encounter like that takes ALOT of time even with speed options up...XP

gl on hunts, grats on hoothoot, and RLD sorry for your gain[psyduck x2]

oh yeah.. i prefer BW1...but 2 has its perks like the controversal Shiny Charm/Oval Charm/Nursery/2(technically 3) free-ish shinies. 2 does give extra places/pokemon to explore/catch/SR for(some normal stationaries...some extra legends to catch)....one of the downsides is you have to wait for postgame to use the daycare and do certain stuff....eh its up to you i guess :P
    Last edited by JAWAYami; 20th February 2013 at 3:37 AM.
        Spoiler:- JAWAYami's Shinies:

Black 2 BQ
    #1 (Sparx) FR-141 REs
    #2 (Methane) VC-2312 REs
    #3 (Echo) CS-1300 REs
    #4 (Dundee) RC-339 REs
    #5 (Jet) CP-2652 REs
    #6 (Auron) MC-1625 REs

Congratulations to City Of Delusion on Misdreavus, JohnNiles on Skarmory, ChaoticInverse on Cyndaquil, Shadowkrow on HootHoot and Red La Derp on another Psyduck!

Quote Originally Posted by OnceDone View Post
    I'd personally choose W2B2, since there's a lot of extra features, most optional but worth trying, the Shiny Charm (in case your into that, I know some aren't), more variety of Pokémon due to it including Pokémon from all gens during the main game and just personally, a much better story line :D
    It's up to you what you get, but features wise Black 2 and White 2 gives more for your money, though Black and White are also good in their own right.

Anyways, update from me! I finally hit 1000 Snivys! Oh boy that took too long due to my hiatus at around 700... I'm determined to get it but I am so scared it'll take me 5000+ SR's, even if the odds are against me!
    I've seen lots of people get shiny starters under 3000 SR's though so maybe I'll get lucky... Progress will probably slow down a little due to my Virbank Complex race, but I'm hoping to maybe reach 1150-1200 by the end of the week? I'll do my best anyways!
    As for my White 2 hunts, still stuck at 55 Stunky eggs and I'm not starting the race till tomorrow, so nothing to report! Still crossing every body part for a Growlithe!

Wish me luck, and good luck everyone else on your hunts! It's nice seeing a nice long CH list, even if there's a lot of controversy about the amount of pink/red... I guess if I get Growlithe or Koffing I'll ignore their mouth colours ;O
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Quote Originally Posted by Red La Derp View Post
    So Today on my hunt for a Shiny Mareep, I encountered my second shiny Psyduck at only 412 encounters! Come to me mareep, come to me.
    You should try and get a pokemon with static ability.

Are you using the Shiny Charm? Because otherwise this is incredible. :-P

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Congrats to LucarioMan101 on Lapras, Scrufox86 on Glameow, TheEliteEmpoleon on Virizion, JAWAYami on Abra, RaichuArcanine on the rumble Pidgeotto, pxm1 on Luxio, WaterTypesFTW on Gligar, Jonny7197 on Tympole, Dylz on Sandslash, Crimson_Blazer on Tepig, PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Charmander, pxm1 again on Mudkip, dan2point5 on Unown, AquaRegisteel on Buizel, Red La Derp on Psyduck, rovert on Skorupi, JAWAYami again on Axew, City of Delusion on Misdreavus, JohnNiles on Skarmory, ChaoticInverse on Cyndaquil, Shadowkrow on HootHoot, and Red La Derp again on another Psyduck!

Well, last night I FINALLY beat the Champions PWT! The last date I have recorded of shiny hunting is 2/12, so it's taken me a full week to change my Trainer Card color lol...But it's now a nice orangeish bronze. My team got changed around a bit throughout all the different tournaments, though my shiny Umbreon was in every single team and the only Pokemon I kept on my team the whole time Ended up with Terrakion (who turned out to have some nice IVs - 29 Atk and 30 Speed, exactly what I needed!) replacing Arcanine and Latios replacing Sigilyph in my last few tries of the Champions tourney (throughout all my battles starting with Unova, Arcanine was in most of them until today , Sigilyph in for the latter half of the World Leaders tourney and some of the Champion fights, and Lucario, Serperior, Zebstrika, Altaria, Skarmory, and Swanna for a few rounds in earlier (and unsuccessful) battles).

My shiny Umbreon was even a huge help in my final battle of the Champions tourney, fittingly against Red, when his last pokemon came out - Snorlax. Got some nice flinches out of Dark Pulse, synched the Paralyze that I got, and got him down near the end of his yellow HP, finishing Snorlax off with a Sacred Sword by Terrakion...But my Terrakion only had 1 hit left, so he needed it to only take one hit, which my awesome shiny Umbreon set up Oh well, I'm done rambling now...

I can finally shiny hunt again now!!!

Also, now that I'm going through all the posts (Last time I checked was on page 166 >.<), I see JohnNiles making a suggestion I think for me (I don't recall seeing anyone else struggling at the PWT). Thanks for it, even though I stopped keeping up with the posts for a little I didn't want to spend the time hunting/breeding/trading pokemon just for the PWT, so I tried to stick with what was in my PC...Which arguably cost more time than finding suitable pokemon >.<

And I'm all caught up on reading all the posts here :x

EDIT: I was also going to hunt in the double grass, but...I also don't really like trying to keep track of any time I get a double encounter (which I feel slightly compelled to do), especially since I'll be back to dual hunting tonight and will already be keeping track of Piplup SRs...I do record my REs based off my trainer card anyways (for Litwick and Umbreon), so I wouldn't be counting my double encounters on my shiny card anyways...Idk, I'm just thinking maybe I'll hunt in the normal grass only, even though it's a little counterproductive >.<
    Last edited by Cpchris; 20th February 2013 at 4:10 PM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I'll start SR for Shaymin if I menage to make the glitch work. I'm afraid it'll take too long and end up giving up lol.
    Also, congrats on all those recent shinies!

I am finally happy to say Community Hunt Complete

No I haven't found my Mareep, but my White luck strikes again! After ~1570 REs a shiny Duosion appeared, Its pink nose making it eligible for the community hunt.
    This is a weird one, as I had just got back from the pokemon centre, after healing up my pokemon. I hadn't even reached the double grass in the route before this beauty graced my screen, exactly what I wanted.

What's more, My quiet sync worked and it had Magic Guard - The ability I wanted. This is going to be an awesome Sp. Atk Trick room for competative battling!

Anyways here is this photo - http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...psc084fd30.jpg

The video for no cheats - http://youtu.be/VuH0K9Tm50U

Good luck everyone and congrats on all the recent shinies!
    Last edited by Jonny7197; 20th February 2013 at 10:55 PM.
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

Page 136 of 941 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast