Page 145 of 941 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 23506

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Which brings up the question, how did you all get into shiny hunting? Did you find a random shiny and decided you wanted more (like I did lol) or something else? But good luck everyone, hopefully our targets shine soon.
    Pokemon Conquest featuring shiny Rayquaza got me into shiny hunting. After playing it, I really wanted my own, and thought that it would be a good way to get into shiny hunting. I already had some luck in the past, chaining and with random shinies, so I was motivated. Of course, it wasn't my shortest hunt, but that's another story altogether that most of you more veteran hunters know.

As for current hunts, I've been slowly making my way up, and I now need to take a break because my calculator's batteries died. I'll need to get some soon, since I kinda need it for school, but I'll get to it. 10000 RE's for this stubborn BQ hunt, and I'm getting closer to topping my longest BQ hunt so far. It's been over a month since my last shiny (Fire
    Emblem is mostly to blame for that), so I'd hope to see a new shiny soon. Until later, good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram

I got into shiny hunting when I found a random shiny Klink in my Black game.
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

Congrates on the recent shinies, hopeing that I can get my CH hunts done soon.

Which brings up the question, how did you all get into shiny hunting?
    I had gotten shinies before seeing this thread, and I kinda liked the idea of shinies. Now that I have seen this thread I've been hooked on shiny hunting.

Edit: Right now I'm REing in soulsilver with headbutt, and I swear that Hoothoot looks shiny every time I've encountered it. I also noticed that Pineco seems to only appear in certain trees in the Safari Zone Gate.
    Last edited by MurderofKrow; 2nd March 2013 at 10:19 PM.
    "If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows." - Reverend Henry Ward Beecher

AC:NL Dream Address: 4800-4368-5827

Current Hunts:
    B2: BQ #4: Route 4(RE) HG: BQ #8: Slowpoke Well(RE) Plt: Piplup(SR) SS: BQ #2: Union Cave(RE) AS: BQ #4 ???(RE) OR:

Most Recent Shiny:
    OR: 4771 SRs Nickname: Void

Well, since you're all at it...
    On the release day of Heartgold and Soulsilver in europe, me and my brother both got our copies ( i got soulsilver he got heartgold). We played all day and he was in ilex forest, he started screaming that his game was broke. I left my ds and immediately looked at his. There, was a shiny caterpie, he said we should bring it back to the store, but i conviced him to catch it, so he did. Then i did a google search for 'golden caterpie' and was enlightened. I spent years reing across platinum, soulsilver and black. Then i started a mm for zorua and while hatching eggs, i entered a shaking patch by accident and there, my first shiny was, Emolga. I immediately was motivated, changed my hunt to treecko and it started from there.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I'm currently RE'ing for a shiny Woobat or Drilburr in my White game. So far 7220 encounters and no shiny in Wellsprings cave Dx

1824 RE's for any shiny Trubbish, Solosis, Emolga or Minccino in Route 5 and Cottonee of 375 eggs in W2.

Then 2400 SR's of Rayquaza in SoulSilver.

I have no luck yet Dx nya~

Oh guys

one time i saw a shiny Patrat

I k-oed it on purpose.

I love that a thread like this is back.

So recently I have been shiny hunting...again

I got a shiny Cyndaquil on my HeartGold for my Johto shiny badge quest after 2645 SR (7935 seen)

Pictures:

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMG_0817.jpg

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMG_0820.jpg

I am now in Route 32 hoping to catch a shiny Rattata or Bellsprout to reclaim my lost shinies from G/S/C. I am currently at 361 encounters.

I have also been SRing for a shiny Abra in LeafGreen, which I am up to 2131, not to mention the 4113 I had seen on my cousins FireRed before he took it back. So, 7244 seen in total.

Also I am still hunting for my highly irritating shiny Shroomish. I am up to 3070 eggs and still nothing. I have resorted to dual hunting on my Pearl/ Black in the hopes that it will shine on one of them, I feel I have deserved it

Good luck to everyone
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 3rd March 2013 at 12:41 AM.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

I remember in Black, a while ago, I caught a shiny Purrloin. In Diamond, I once found a shiny Psyduck... But I had no Pokeballs...
    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus] : [Tifa] : [Aeon]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

Quote Originally Posted by Ceecee-typhlosion View Post
    I love that a thread like this is back.

So recently I have been shiny hunting...again

I got a shiny Cyndaquil on my HeartGold for my Johto shiny badge quest after 2645 SR (7935 seen)

Pictures:

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMG_0817.jpg

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMG_0820.jpg

I am now in Route 32 hoping to catch a shiny Rattata or Bellsprout to reclaim my lost shinies from G/S/C. I am currently at 361 encounters.

I have also been SRing for a shiny Abra in LeafGreen, which I am up to 2131, not to mention the 4113 I had seen on my cousins FireRed before he took it back. So, 7244 seen in total.

Also I am still hunting for my highly irritating shiny Shroomish. I am up to 3070 eggs and still nothing. I have resorted to dual hunting on my Pearl/ Black in the hopes that it will shine on one of them, I feel I have deserved it

Good luck to everyone
    That is nothing compared to my Tauros hunt... 5,905 eggs now (across TWO games [Black and Black 2]) and still nothing to show for it...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

8,250 REs

Congrats to everyone on your recent shinies!

Ceecee, we're both hunting on route 32 for our BQs, wanna have a friendly competition? I'm farther into it than you but I guess it doesn't truly make any difference.

On that note, I'm at 5,700 REs for route 32. I've made a ton of progress this past week and weekend, and I'm very happy with it. I'll also have time later to hunt so I should be at 6,000 by the end of the weekend.

Good luck everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Which brings up the question, how did you all get into shiny hunting?
    Right well... I never really hunted for shinies until gen IV. I remember my first shiny on gen II was a shiny Tyrogue from the egg in crystal the daycare give which has an increased chance of being shiny. Then in Gen III i hatched a shiny Skarmory while i had been breeding for a good natured one for the battle tower for Emerald version. Obviously with the older gens games not being compatible this makes Skarmory from Gen III my earliest shiny (with the older games also having the battery issue as well). No masuda method back then. Well when i got to gen IV i didn't really think about shinies. I went through both diamond and pearl with no shiny appearances. But Platinum gave me a shiny Zubat which i kept as a zubat as i dislike shiny Crobat. And so from there i heard about the pokeradar and decided to give it a go as many people had been raving about how brilliant it is. My first attempt was rubbish but i got the chain up to 40 eventually and the 40th was the shiny patch, i got one shiny starly as i made an error and broke the chain. As i read up more about the pokeradar i learnt from the mistake and decided from there i would get better and hunt some more shinies. I then got into MMing by B/W (MMing was not good in gen IV for me because i am better at pokeradar and with the better odds it made sense) and had some success with it. My first MM pokemon is Zorua i almost roared the house down when i saw it hatch i was so excited. Then with BW2 i decided to get that shiny charm and maybe attempt to Random encounter. I have had the most RE shinies ever on my black 2 version. And i also have had my first successful Soft reset shiny too, Latios one of my favourite shiny legendaries. So it was really gen IV and the pokeradar that started it all for me. This is one reason why the pokeradar is brilliant.

Oh and i am getting angry at my black 2 game right now. MMing has been a bit rubbish on this game compared to when i RE hunt. I have hatched almost 1300 Treecko eggs and still no shiny. I have also hatched around 500 eggs of other random pokemon and nothing. It has been 7 days trying to get a shiny by MM and i am starting to think maybe i should've done an RE hunt and i might have had a new shiny by now. Congratulations to everyone on thier recent shinies and good luck to everyone still hunting.
    Last edited by Scrufox86; 3rd March 2013 at 2:49 AM.
    Shinies are good.

Oh for the CH I'll be hunting alongside Firered in Pattern Bush with Growlithe. Took a break to play through White again. Got three boxes of Turtwig to hatch so I can hope. Good luck guys.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Which brings up the question, how did you all get into shiny hunting? Did you find a random shiny and decided you wanted more (like I did lol) or something else?.
    I first got into shiny hunting a bit differently, when I found a "make all Pokémon shiny" cheat on my now lost Action Replay, and decided to find one the normal way, leading to Lucario and Drifblim which I found on different Pearl save files.
    I got 6 shinies before ending at the release of SoulSilver when I SR'd my Meganium, and then came back just after White 2's release with Latias.

Anyways, I just wanted to answer this question, I haven't done much hunting since I found Chimchar but will be starting up again tomorrow! Good luck everyone! And congrats to those who got shinies recently!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 3rd March 2013 at 1:35 PM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

All random encounter:
    Magikarp / Zubat / Zubat / Golbat / Onix / Steelix / Rattata / Roselia / Tentacrual / Nidorino / Spearow / Wrumple (Only 1 Zubat and Rattata were not captured)
    Current hunt (and first one): Shiny Ponyta: 740 eggs hatched - over 50k encounters - chaining (max of 16 (I sux)) I really have no luck for Ponyta...
    Current Hunt: 800 eggs hatched
    RE shinies:

If you need to be rescued on Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team, send me a message!

After i finished my school work i will go on with my hunts...
    Hope to do 60 eggs and 100 SR tonight!

Chained a beautiful golden shinx yesterday, love him

Congrats on all the recent succes you had guys!!
    Last edited by blisseytank; 3rd March 2013 at 12:20 PM.
        Spoiler:- My wants! PM me if you have any of these!:

I've never posted here before, although, decided to now since I've really got into shiny hunting again recently and I feel like getting involved here c:

At the moment I'm trying to MM for a Shiny Eevee. Hatched 240 eggs so far with no luck, but hopefully Eevee will start shining for me eventually. If I have any success with Eevee, I may decide to take part in the community hunt, although I'll have to think about what I want to try for xD

Also, congratulations with all of the recent shinies and good luck to those who are currently hunting!

EDIT: Decided to MM Shelmet for the CH :3 Going to be doing that alongside trying to get the Shiny Eevee.
    Last edited by SilverHybrid; 4th March 2013 at 12:12 AM.

I'm going to begin hunting in W2 sometime soon. I'm either going to be going for an MM'd turtwig or snivy or REing on route 20.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Amongst ALL of my pokemon games, I have only found 2 shinies. And they're both tentacools >:c
    One was in LeafGreen and the other was.... Emerald, I think? It was another GBA, but I haven't found any from my ds games.
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

^I think they're great shinies, but I'm sure you'll get more randoms eventually(off topic but by the way, the sig is really cool!).

I really haven't touched Rotom much, but I am confident that today will be the day that I hunt more for it.

In my other hunts...I am SRing for Totodile or Cyndaquil (but Chikorita would count for the CH), and I'm at 487 SRs (SRing as I type). In FR, I was REing Tangela on Route 21, but I wanted to get to the Sevii Islands quickly. In LG, I haven't touched Squirtle at all this week. I was at 800 SRs though. My PinWheel Forest hunt in Black1 is going alright, 1,100 REs. Also, I officially resigned from hunting Snivy in White2 and began to playthrough the game. Finally, my HeartGold game hasn't been touched since I hit 1,350 REs (I'm so bad XD I really need to hunt in that for my Badge Quest).

Also, I think my next plan for my SoulSilver game is ready. I plan to be an utter obsessee and SR for a second Shiny Lugia, because it's just an amazing shiny! As for FR, I think I can only get as far as the Third Island in the Sevii Islands Pre-E4, so I plan to RE in Pattern Bush after the Elite Four. Any shiny I find there would go down as a Community Hunt Completion, so why not? Spinarak is also a personal favourite of mine too.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

First off, gratz to Ceecee-typhlosion on that awesome shiny Cyndaquil! Also, thanks to those who posted about what got them into shiny hunting, It was fun reading through them all!

But I have shiny news! After 7-8k encounters ( I messed up alittle when I was tracking my REs) Wynaut shines for me!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3d36ca04.jpg

My first swarm shiny and it wasn't that bad, just a bit annoying when you gotta SR to get the swarm back after the day ends. I was using a bold sync but of course, it failed and got relaxed instead which is not bad at all since it still raises defense. But overall, I'm very happy about this shiny and I'll definitely be going for more swarm shinies in the future. My next hunt will be for the CH and I'm keeping it a secret until it shines which means you can expect it to be unique and not commonly hunted for :]. Good luck everybody!

Edit: Just noticed my Abra sync and Patrat got pokerus! Which means it got it from the shiny Wynaut! Epic, this is my second time getting pokerus on this game.
    Last edited by Supremacy; 3rd March 2013 at 5:20 PM.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

How do community hunts work, how do I get into one, and when is the next one?
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

More SR on my driftloon and no luck. I torn between do I want mm Yamna, laversta or cottonee. I am leaning more toward yanma.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    How do community hunts work, how do I get into one, and when is the next one?
    If you look in the first post of this thread (the OP), you will see what the current Community Hunt (or CH) is. This month we are hunting Bug or Grass type shinies. (They have to already have the type when you get it to count.)
    You can join in anytime. The way it works is just that you hunt for the months target, and when you find a shiny that meets the criteria you announce "Community Hunt Complete" in your post, along with some details of what you caught.
    Then your name gets added to the list of successful hunts in the OP.

That's all there is to it, nothing fancy. It's just something we do to make hunting shinies a little more fun.

edit - forgot to update on my own hunt I'm at 1300ish encounters now. Still probably have a long while of hunting before anything shines, but that's ok.
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 3rd March 2013 at 8:26 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Congrats to everyone on their recent shinies!

I've taken a break from MMing Zorua and have been SRing for Terrakion. No luck so far, but I haven't been able to hunt much because of school. Might do some hunting a bit later after I finish my homework. I really want that shiny Terrakion. Already have a nickname picked out for him and everything... I won't give up though. Good luck to everyone else still hunting!
    Favorite Pokemon Ever: Ho-Oh
    Because of a holographic Ho-Oh card I got a long time ago when I was sick. Made my day better .
    I have officially claimed Ho-Oh and Trevor!
    Shiny Pokemon:
    Dragalge,NoivernClauncer
    KlefkiDelphox x2PumpkabooDedennex2
    Most Recent Shiny(not counting events):

Been doing some progress and planning for my BQ, I plan to hunt Rotom as I was going to MM it on White 2. And why note just do it on my BQ? Speaking of my BQ, I've been hunting on it all day. Also doing some SRs on Johto Starters. Every-time I look at Chikorita I view it a shade lighter. By the time I get anything they'll be white silhouettes.

EDIT: Working on my shiny card. I feel bad I only have a random shiny :/

Saaatoshi!

Page 145 of 941 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast