Page 181 of 891 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 22257

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

How many eggs does it take for you on average using the MM method? I have gone through about a 1000 Charmander eggs so far with no luck.

Congrats on the many shinies lately, ill try to name everyone next time!

Im up to 16,680 REs on route 32 in SS. Also I'm up to 100 hours on it, so hooray...

Good luck to everyone on your hunts.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Congrats to Shine, CityofDelusion, gustavo14, PaddysTurtwigFanClub, HGaddict, J-Tech, starrah, Daisymareep, Zane Clarthy, HootingLilligant, *Murkrow, TheMaster327, ohjeezitskim, RedJirachi, cocoadragon, ChaChi and any I missed on your shinies since my last post.

Today I finally picked up my HG BQ again and after about an hr of hunting BQ #4 appeared. All up its been just over 2 months of on and off hunting, approx 126hrs of game time and approx 23,300 encounters. My number 1 want from the route shiny mankey appeared. Extremely happy I got this as its exclusive to HG. I was nervous about attacking so I threw an ultra ball and it caught on the first ball at full health. This marks the end of my longest RE hunt so far.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps6dec17b8.jpg

I found mankey whilst also hatching eggs for skorupi on Black. Don't know how many I've hatched now but once I've finished what I collected it will be over 2000. I have a box and a bit left to go. I also started hunting in Castelia garden for BQ #3 on my W2.

I plan to hunt poliwag via surf in ecruteak city for BQ#5 on HG.

Good luck to those still hunting. Particularly those on long hunts.
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Congrats Cyndajay! Awesome shiny! Primeape is such a boss too!

Gonna continue by hunt for Turtwig today. Wish the resets didn't take so long but I'm still enjoying the hunt. It's easy just mashing the A button whilst just watching TV! Time to pop in season 3 of LOST now!

Best of luck everyone!

Crimson_Blazer is gonna kill me.. 2nd shiny Chikorita!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps957c072e.jpg

As you can see, this one has a Modest nature which is nice and I knew I was going to start getting repeats so its not that surprising but what is surprising is how quick it shone! I just started yesterday! Hopefully Totodile/Eevee shines next. Gratz Cyndajay on Mankey and good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

It's now at 8,000. 444 more eggs, and the record is mine...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

10,200 SRs

Congrats to ohjeezitskim on Litwick, Cyndajay on Growlithe, Shine on Sandshrew, City Of Delusion on Fearow, gustavo 14 on Sneasel, PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Squirtle, HGaddict on Paras, J-Tech on Shellder, starrrah on Horsea, Daisymareep on Drifloon, Zane Clarthy on Pawniard, Houka on Woobat, HootingLilligant on Eevee, *Murkrow on Solosis, TheMaster327 on Registeel, ohjeezitskim on Petilil, RedJirachi on Virizion, cocoadragon on Buizel, ChaChi on Ho-Oh, City Of Delusion on Chikorita, HGaddict on Meowth, *Murkrow on Raticate, SparklingSapphire on Graveler, Cyndajay on Mankey and City Of Delusion on Chikorita (again!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    One question though - some of you seems to be RE/SR-ing without using a Synchronizer, I'm curious, is there any reason why you don't use a Synchronizer?
    I used a Synchronizer on one shiny, Latias, because I just happened to have my Modest Espeon with Synchronize in my party, but other than that I just prefer the luck of the draw, it makes it more fun for me, and plus, I like having my Illuminate Watchog up front for 5th gen random encounter hunts!

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Oh, here's a sort of boring question for people, but of all the gen 6 Pokemon you've seen so far (because there's so many of them!) is there any one in particular you definitely want to get the shiny for of, despite not knowing what it will look like?
    I usually only pick shinies that I like the look of, unless it's a huge favourite of mine and I want the shiny version anyways, but I am interested in Xerneas depending on it's shiny form, and I want at least one of the starters :)

Anyways, update!
    No shinies to report since my much loved Snivy, but I have started both my Platinum and Black 2 second badge hunts! Was going to RE in Eterna Forest on Platinum but I just wasn't really feeling motivated, and I wanted Buneary so much I would have been gutted if I didn't get it, so I decided for not to try SRing for Drifloon and maybe a Honey Tree Pokémon if I can time it right! If I feel the desire to switch to Eterna Forest or come back later though I can! I don't think there's any BQ rules about going back to older routes?
    As for Black 2, I'm starting in Virbank Complex, hoping for Koffing, Magnemite or Magby, but I'm also considering using Static in Floccesy Ranch for mainly Mareep, but I also want Azurill, Patrat or Riolu. I'm also considering the dark grass on Route 20 for Venipede or Purrloin, but only if the hunt takes forever and I get really tired of Virbank and Floccesy like I did Village Bridge! My only problem with Floccesy Ranch is Lillipup's shiny form is really hard to spot for me, I've probably stared at the sprites on Serebii for years now D:
    I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers I don't find and miss a shiny Lillipup, and find anything else instead!

As for other non-BQ hunts, Mudkip is currently ongoing but taking me a little while! Reversal Mountain (Outside) and Heatran are currently on hold, probably until I finish Mudkip and one or both Badge Quest hunts. SoulSilver Badge Quest will hopefully be started May/June! I'll be starting it once I've finished my scramble challenge, and finished both B2 and Plat hunts, so I can focus solely on SS and maybe one other hunt (Heatran?) on the side, since I'll be looking for Totodile and trading any other shiny starters over to Platinum and restarting SoulSilver till I get Totodile. I'm secretly hoping for a couple quick finds for shiny Chikorita/Cyndaquil before I find Totodile!

Anyways, long update aside, good luck everyone, and don't lose hope! Especially those with longer hunts now!

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot! I have a question about Lapras on SoulSilver/HeartGold! How soon is it possible to SR for it? I want to hunt for it as one of my badge shinies, if possible, but I've never caught it before the Elite Four so I have no idea how soon it is catchable! Thank you if someone answers, I love soft resetting so the more SR targets I can squeeze in my BQ the better! XD
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 9th April 2013 at 3:58 PM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

I think once you have surf you can go for it.

No luck yet today but il continue later.

got a seadra
    Last edited by Matthyew; 9th April 2013 at 5:36 PM.

Ok well firstly.... congratulatons to everyone who has gotten a shiny (and completed the CH).

Secondly I have an update... I have not gotten a new shiny since my Gothita by RE. I have been MMing on both white and black 2 for various pokemon and I have now hatched over 1200 eggs but still nothing. Although I have had higher MM's so I will keep going until I get my shiny. Right now I am going for starters, Totodile on black 2 and a variety on white (Squirtle, Snivy, Oshawott and Bulbasaur). I hope something shines soon I would like to complete the CH for this month before I start my white 2 version and maybe do a badge quest or just trade over some shinies I wouldn't mind training up on it instead.

Thirdly Good luck to everyone still hunting!
    Shinies are good.

Congrats to AquaCharmander on Weedle, TheMaster327 on 3 Slakoths, Saminka on Herdier, Duppy on Chikorita, Laurelai on Exeggcute, JAWAYami on Petilil, Rayze Darr on Poochyena, Master Leo on Spearow, ohjeezitskim on Petilil, Bleu on Cyndaquil, JAWAYami again on Chimecho, Wyverndust on Eevee, NintendoFan82 on Bulbasaur, ohjeezitskim again on Magnemite, blue8arman on Volcarona, TheEliteEmpoleon on Koffing, Zane Clarthy on Spinarak, Marvs on Drifblim, bro on Munna, Pingouin7 on Latias, Crimson_Blazer on Heracross, pokemaster13 on Latios, Wyverndust on Totodile, Zcrux on Zorua, Zane Clarthy on Eevee (and Espeon), AquaRegisteel on Elekid, Bonetail on Throh, Marvs on Grumpig, Darkrai523 on Marill, starrrah on Petilil, Master Leo on Sandshrew, *Murkrow on Camerupt, Marvs on another Grumpig, TheMaster327 on Budew, Crimson_Blazer on Ledian, Zcrux on Eevee, City Of Delusion on Gligar, bro on Vanillite, ohjeezitskim on Skarmory, Shine on Virizion, ChaChi on Registeel, SoraNight on Seviper, PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Bulbasaur, TheMaster327 on 2 Drowzees (too bad they weren't good =\), JohnNiles on Piplup, Pidjiken on Magnemite, cocoadragon on Pidgey, RaichuArcanine on Abra, Crimson_Blazer on Camerupt, pokemaster13 on Sawk, LucarioMan101 on Growlithe, AquaRegisteel on Skarmory, Royal_Qeca on Lillipup and Pidove, Marvs on Magby, pokemaster13 on Minccino, J-Tech on Zorua, Thowra on Venonat, sailor sun on Audino and Medicham, wobbanut on Wyanut, J-Tech on Treecko, pokemaster13 on Altaria, J-Tech on Litwick, BlazeTorchic on Mamoswine, Heliotrope on Phanpy, JAWAYami on Fearow, City Of Delusion on Registeel, TheMaster327 on Regice, Master Leo on Pidgey, TheEliteEmpoleon on Eevee, starrrah on Chikorita, Bariokie on Abra, KittyKitty3308 on Eevee, Miar on Vanillite, NintendoFan82 on Eevee, cocoadragon on Rotom, Lunafloon on Snivy, Scrufox86 on Gothita, wobbanut on Ponyta, ohjeezitskim on Trapinch, VictorC on Cacnea, TheMaster327 on Unown, Soulink, Bariokie on Panpour and Axew and Deino, Venonat on Magikarp, J-Tech on Timburr, *Murkrow on Sunkern, Dangertrout on Growlithe, VictorC on Poliwag, Waffle King on Magnemite, gustavo 14 on Feebas, pokemaster13 on Herdier, ChaChi on Emolga, Birds of Paradise on Larvesta and Patrat, JohnNiles on Beldum, Crimson_Blazer on Riolu, 2rsa on Eevee, blue8arman on Boldore, -Staryu on Skorupi, bro on Solosis, TheMaster327 on Rhyhorn, ohjeezitskim on Litwick, Cyndajay on Growlithe, Shine on Sandshrew, City Of Delusion on Fearow, gustavo 14 on Sneasel, PaddysTurtwigFanClub on Squirtle, HGaddict on Paras, J-Tech on Shellder, starrrah on Horsea, Daisymareep on Drifloon, Zane Clarthy on Pawniard, Houka on Woobat, HootingLilligant on Eevee, *Murkrow on Solosis, TheMaster327 on Registeel, ohjeezitskim on Petilil, RedJirachi on Virizion, Soulink on two Magikarps, cocoadragon on Buizel, ChaChi on Ho-Oh, City Of Delusion on Chikorita, HGaddict on Meowth, *Murkrow on Raticate, SparklingSapphire on Graveler, Soulink on Phanpy, Cyndajay on Mankey, City of Delusion on another Chikorita, and Matthyew on Seadra!

Since that congrats is going to be a massive wall of text - Congrats to everyone since my last post on March 18th! And yes, a little over a week ago, I finally began trying to catch up on this thread and among several days a couple days apart, I finally caught up and read EVERY SINGLE POST! But I did it! It almost feels as accomplishing as finding a shiny ;_;

Sorry to hear about the lost Litwick, TheGreatGoomba

Glad to hear you're getting better, Dangertrout! And hope your ankle/foot gets better, Zane Clarthy!

------
    As for me, something came up randomly that distracted me and for some reason just made me stop shiny hunting after the 18th. Then I came back to both the thread and my hunting on the 2nd (where I did 200 REs and 50 SRs like normal), and then I just didn't get around to it again after that. I guess maybe I needed a break from shiny hunting I think I'm going to be getting back into it finally though.

My birthday is today, and I was hoping around a month or so ago that I'd find a shiny on my birthday, but I have to go to work at 6 until after midnight, so I only have around an hour and a half until then to start hunting >.< I may just do a few encounters on SS in hopes of Nidoran.

I have the next 2 days off, so I may or may not get much hunting done...I always say I'll get a lot of hunting done on days off, but ironically, I think I get even less on my days off than I do on days I work >.<

I still REALLY want to get on with Platinum and actually play through the game, so I should really get back to that tomorrow Only 3,250 SRs done though, so not even halfway to the odds, and certainly nowhere near as bad as Helio's amount of current SRing >.<

Good luck everyone
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 5,100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,500 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 300 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congratiez on the recent shinies~*
    I've been hatching eevee eggs in B2 + MM + SC...nothing
    I have stored 600 MM eevee eggs in my PC and i've hatched nearly half..still nothing
    So after I hatch these 600 eggs i'll have 2,153+ MM eggs hatched in Black and Black 2 + SC all together!
    Fingers crossed for a shiny eevee soon~!
    I really want to break my 3 month drought before it turns into a 4 month drought..
    GL to everyone on their hunts esspecially TheMaster on getting that stubborn as heck Taurian Tauros!

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

Community Hunt Complete! Last night I hatched a shiny Totodile after 679 eggs!

http://imageshack.us/a/img4/784/img0083ov.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img707/4325/img0089to.jpg

Congrats on all the recent shinies. And good luck to everyone hunting, especially TheMaster with that Tauros!

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunts

And now, I present to you a story of Tragedy and Triumph.

Here I was, racking up some encounters on my LG BQ while watching some “Live Shiny” vids on Youtube using my PS3. Everything was good until BOOM! My PS3 shuts down on its own and wont reboot....Yellow Light of Death. I was in shock, but after regaining my composure (and cursing a bit) I took it to my local repair shop.

Now for the Triumph:
    After returning home, PS3less, I thought why not resume my Crystal Version BQ (SRing for Totodile)? So, I turn on my game, mash the A button, and check to see if Totodile is shiny. I look down to see:

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/4lmtsg.jpg[/IMG]

Yep. Shiny freakin Totodile in a Gen II game (with a brand new battery might I add). I am so happy right now.

PS: PS3 will be repaired in 1-2 days .
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Hi there shiny hunters!!
    As you can see i am new at this forum!

I am atm MMing for a Shiny Scyther, but i am having a hard time at that xD
    And i am aswell hunting for a shiny tentacool in the left of Cherrygrove city!

That's it, and luck to all of ya!

And please, feel free to check my channel on youtube where i record some of my shinies!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/20123820...ow=grid&view=0
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Well at this point it would be almost impossible to catch up on my congrats. I am still willing to try, but not on the tablet I am currently on. So congrats to all the recent shinies! Also, I must say a very big thank you to all those who have congratulated me on my recent shinies It is really motivating to me so thanks so much.

Well after training Meowth up to the rest of the team and letting it evolve, defeating the third gym battle, and making my way to Rock Tunnel, I have now officially started my Rock Tunnel hunt. Hopefully this one will shine as quick as the last one, but I have a feeling that this hunt will be double as long to pay for my recent luck XD Also I've put some more effort into my Turtwig hunt so that I can continue on with Platinum. I'm very excited for that one to shine

Alright, well I'm off again. Good luck on all your hunts! Especially you again TheMaster. It's got to shine sometime soon!
    Soul Silver Badge Quest
    #1: #2: #3: Current hunt (RE in Route 36):

Ruby Badge Quest
    #1: #2:

So my next goal is a shiny Ninetails, and I want it all. Shiny, timid, drought, and hypnosis. I know there's no guarantee the eventual shiny with have the nature and ability, but I'm trying. After a few days (ugh) of DW hunting I have a female Vulpix, which I then bred out to get a female with drought and a timid nature. I'm now crossing it with a Japanese Watchog with hypnosis. In my little attempt to help others, I'm throwing the failures up on GTS for cheap. Trading female Vulpixs with timid, drought, and hypnosis for Purloins and Patrats. Hopefully some fans will take these easy trades and be appreciate how awesome even these throw-offs are.

Gratz to pokemaster13 and Master Leo on their shiny Totodile's! Hopefully I'll get mines soon. Also, welcome back Cpchris and happy birthday. :] and welcome to the forums, 201238 its always cool to see new hunters pop up.

Well I'm at 2100 eggs for Eevee! I did not think my first shiny charm+MM hunt would take this long but it'll shine eventually.

@Lunafloon, you can go for Lapras as soon as you get surf which is after the 4th gym. I did the same on my SS badge quest, good luck!

Good luck everyone.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

On Monday I traded my Japanese Purrloin over into White 2 and started hatching. I got a little wrapped up in it, hatching 95 in my first sitting. After going off and doing other things I came back to it in the evening and decided to do some more. Just after getting off the phone to my parents, shiny Purrloin hatched on the 149th egg! I'm glad he hatched after I'd hung up or else I think I would have freaked them out a bit. xD

Community hunt complete

Shiny Purrloin hatched
    OT/ID No./Mild
    Unburden

I haven't been this excited for a shiny in a long, long time. I think the last time I felt like this was when I hatched my shiny Chatot back in, I think, July last year. I immediately taught him some TMs and headed out to train him.

Shiny Liepard ♥
    Sparkles

As you can see, I didn't waste any time getting him to L100. Assist spam is a really fun way to level up. xD

While levelling him up, I had a think and I've abandoned my plans to get Black 2 for the time being. I want to spend my time hunting going for a shiny I really want as opposed to any old thing that pops up. So early this morning after I finished training Liepard I went on the GTS and managed to get a Japanese, female Yanmega. A short time in the shaking grass on Route 3 produced a male and they're in the daycare now. I've always wanted to train a Yanmega and the shiny is just gorgeous. I have hatched 70 eggs so far.

Congrats on the Graveler, Mankey, Chikorita, Seadra, Totodile and Gen II Totodile. Happy birthday for yesterday to Cpchris and tons of luck to TheMaster327 for Tauros. Good luck to everybody else.

I've been using the repel trick on Abundant shrine to try for a shiny altaria (by using level 40 starmie with illuminate).

Unfortunately the rarity of altaria is 15%, and illuminate dosn't seem to be paying off very well. I'm seeing an average of 2 altarias every 250 steps (aka every max repel). Does anyone know if there are items I can use to increase the encounter rate? I remember in pokemon sapphire there were those flute things you could blow, but I don't know if there's an item on white 2.
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    I've been using the repel trick on Abundant shrine to try for a shiny altaria (by using level 40 starmie with illuminate).

Unfortunately the rarity of altaria is 15%, and illuminate dosn't seem to be paying off very well. I'm seeing an average of 2 altarias every 250 steps (aka every max repel). Does anyone know if there are items I can use to increase the encounter rate? I remember in pokemon sapphire there were those flute things you could blow, but I don't know if there's an item on white 2.
    Are you already using your bicycle? That will help a bit. Other than that I can't think of any items that help.

I got a call from the hospital today. No word yet on when my surgery will be, but I have an appointment to do the pre-op tests to make sure I'm ok for surgery, so hopefully in the next 3-4 months this should all be over.
    Having said that, I'll have some time for shiny hunting with all the waiting they'll make me do.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Well, Thundurus still hasn't shone. I'm now at 22,530 soft resets for it... >.>

Congrats on all the new shinies, and good luck to everyone. Good luck with your surgery, DangerTrout, I hope everything turns out alright.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

RedJirachi on Virizion, Soulink on Magikarp x2, cocoadragon on Buizel, ChaChi on Ho-Oh, City Of Delusion on Chikorita, HGaddict on Meowth, *Murkrow on Raticate, SparklingSapphire on Graveler, Soulink on Phanpy, Cyndajay on Mankey, City of Delusion on Chikorita x2, Matthyew on Seadra, Pokemaster13 on Totodile, Master Leo on the 2nd gen Totodile, and *Murkrow on Purrloin - hopefully I didn't miss anybody!

I've been MMing for Cyndaquil and I'm at 530 eggs. I did 230 Monday, 210 Tuesday, and today I'm taking a break and running around in the Chasm for a bit while watching netflix. Good luck to everyone on their targets! Especially that Tauros!
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

Any tips for a guy starting his first MM hunt?
    I was gifted a shiny Poochyena yesterday so I have decided to try and build my 'heart' team in shiny. i.e.The team of Pokemon that I really love. Which means I need to get a shiny ekans next.

I have the forgein ditto (which I know is not as good as a foreign ekans would be but alas I didn't have any level 9 and under Zekrams to trade for one) any other tips or tricks you guys could tell me?

So, I'm now over 'normal' odds for this Tauros... 8,200 eggs... Nearly have the MM record...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

10,200 SRs

Page 181 of 891 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast