Page 244 of 888 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 22191

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Congrats to city, YNCRN and frost mage and of course all the others i have missed .
    I have a question.
    What have i done to deserve this????
    From the 9th of May I have locked away in the depths of Elm's lab SRing to get a shiny starter.
    And the 12th of June Im still there. Im determined to get this though .
    Im hesitant to start an MM for one of the CH pokemon as i will surely become distracted from this.
    Its coming soon, i sense it! Gl all!!!!
    I'll keep you company! *Locks self in Elm's lab* Hopefully I get a Cyndaquil and can kill 2 birds with one stone

edit - I stopped counting at 300 SRs for my SS starter. I'm probably close to 500 SRs for the day there plus a few hundred REs in W2. Productive pokemon day, unproductive anything else day. Feeling sicker than yesterday, so I may have another mandatory day off ahead of me, hurrah! except my nose hurts and I'm running low on tissues >.< Still, it's nice to take a break from the chaos
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 13th June 2013 at 2:49 AM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I'll keep you company! *Locks self in Elm's lab* Hopefully I get a Cyndaquil and can kill 2 birds with one stone
    LOL Elm's new job is a prison warden! GL to you both! 6,900 Azelf now, so it's the longest hunt of the Lake Trio... but not bad for a weeks' worth! Hope it shines prior to the odds...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

7,600 SRs

Well I'm now at 11,400 encounters for my hunts. If it appears in the 12ks that'll be my 3rd hunt in the 12ks. Now I'm dreading it'll actually take more than That. I do not want another hunt like throh (25k)

i know this doesn't count for this months hunt but on the 8th i got a lovely surprise. after 4 months off and on soft resetting i finally got my shiny regigigas

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...ps2aaf40c9.jpg

congrats on the shinies! keep up the hard work

So, I'm over 3,200 SRs for my SoulSilver Badge quest. Super jealous about most
    people I see on YouTube and here getting them below 1,500 or even before they hit 1k!
    Hoping for Chikorita, kind of, being my least favorite BUT the only one I don't have
    out of trio. Cyndaquil would be second because he's my favorite pokemon and he's part
    of the CH! But I'd still take a Totodile any day xD

I also continued my hunt for Koffing, probably near 500 REs? I haven't check yet! And
    I'm MMing without the charm on Black 2 for Squirtle, I've collected 120 eggs so far. It
    is going slower since I'm using a ditto and not two Blastoise

Also, did everyone see the trade they had at the roundtables at E3, where Masuda traded a Gogoat that had different colors than the others? It's more yellow, with a darker green bush around it's neck and I think pinker hooves. So it could have been the shiny of Gogoat :]
    (here is the post I first saw that brought it to my attention, I honestly didn't notice xD)
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 13th June 2013 at 2:24 AM. Reason: link
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

So I just watched the "Nintendo Developer Roundtable" video on the front page. I noticed that during the section that talks about the "always on wifi," that the trade being shown of helioptile and gogoat, that the gogoat is shiny! It has the alternate color and the shiny sparkles behind it. I wasn't sure at first but then I compared it to other pics of gogoat and now it seems pretty likely. The shiny lover in me rejoices for some reason!

Edit: Nevermind. Just read some others who said the same. Just thought I would let it be known!

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

Congrats to dan2point5 on Sandshrew, YNCRN on Aron, Master Leo on Zigzagoon, and VictorC on Regigigas!

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaze12 View Post
    Are u against preowned?? Because Best Buy has both of those games for 19.99 ( I know because Im currently debating whether to get Heart Gold and Platnium myself or just Animal Crossing NL) its pretty hard to find if your just browsing though the website but if u google Best buy preowned Heart Gold u will find it it will say cant be shipped but it will actually ship to ur nearest store for pickup Might take a couple of weeks but 19.99 is better than 60 right xDD
    Kind of I'm just not very fond of used things...Maybe because I'm slightly materialistic, or a bit of a germaphobe (and having/using other people's old stuff kind of grosses me out in a way), or because I just get a little nervous that someone else has messed up the game and it'll break or go corrupt within a year or so of getting it...I know they're pretty bad excuses (except the last one), but it is what it is I guess

Hope you feel better, Dangertrout! At least in a time that's convenient for you

Thanks kyle72686 and Papousse!

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I have a question I think someone needs to ask. Serebii posted that gamefreak is working on making XY compatible with gen 5. If they don't end up being compatible, what are all the people who bred 8 or more eevee for sylveon and/or those who were trying to get a bunch of shinies for XY going to do?

I, personally, don't care where my shinies are as long as I have them :3
    Yeah, that won't be good for those people...I know they dropped the slogan (right?), but how are people supposed to catch them all if people can't transfer from previous gens? Unless they're putting ALL pokemon in the next game, but that's doubtful...So I kind of figured they'd have it worked out by the time the games come out for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Oh wow, a new Badge Quest challenger, awesome! I'm definitely going to cheer you up and follow you during it, maybe it will help you during your hunts. Good luck then, you'll need some!
    Thanks for the cheers on Latias. I think I'll go watch a movie while soft resetting, so in that way I won't give up. I really don't want to give up, I'm ready for this one. I might go watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I miss Hermione. That movie is just amazingly good.
    Excellent movie choice (always appreciate seeing Hermione in your sig :x)! I was thinking about poppin in an HP movie while I hunted last night too (listened to the 5th soundtrack twice instead though, since I was closely watching the XY roundtable tweets)...Good luck!

Spoiler:- not necessarily fond of hordes =\:

I just don't want to see my Rumble shinies becoming more valuable than the shinies in the main series games in a game or two >_>

I'm sort of annoyed because I'm guessing they're going to make shinies easier in X/Y, simply because this video shows it near the top of a pyramid of "features that have made pokemon appealing"...Not sure if the pyramid represented any sort of hierarchy among the features inside the pyramid, but...Eh, if it's too easy, I may just keep most of my hunting in previous games. Also, on that note...Did you guys see shiny gogoat in that same video? Right around 1:55 in that video. At least it looks a lot more golden than in the other videos. ohjeezitskim beat me to it

------------
    ------------

I did 400 REs today...Not too bad I'd say. So 5,600 REs on Platinum and 3,700 REs on Black 2. Maybe I'll have my first hunt/shiny to reach/go over the odds?! I'm honestly kind of hoping at least one goes over the odds (or at least a little), just because I feel like I don't deserve the luck of having all my shinies under the odds so far...I've said it before, but I almost feel guilty about it, even though it's more or less random. And I know, everyone will have good luck and bad luck, so it doesn't matter, but still...

Tomorrow's almost a day off...I have work from 2-5 tomorrow, so a really short shift! So I might get a decent amount of hunting done...Unless I get a shiny I still find it weird that I refer to it as getting hunting "done" as if I'm getting myself closer to a shiny by racking up REs >.<

Oh, and I know we've discussed shiny hunting practices and superstitions and stuff, but I have a question about that...Is there any better chance of finding a shiny by saving and then restarting the game up? I mean, I get that by resetting the seed, you have the chance of making it happen earlier on, but beyond that, do I actually have less of a chance of finding a shiny if I have my game turned on the whole day and have racked up ~500+ REs? I didn't think so, but I get kind of paranoid when I see people who do SR the game after maybe 100 or 200 REs...I don't want to have to SR the game if I don't have to, so can anyone clarify so I don't feel so paranoid X]?
    Last edited by Cpchris; 14th June 2013 at 4:59 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,600 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,000 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#13) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1,100 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Lots of shinies again. Congrats to 201238, Papousse, JAWAYami, Shiny Lord, pxm1, Wyverndust, Growlie19, ohjeezitskim (sorry to hear you lost a shiny as well), CityofDelusion, dan2point5, Heliotrope, maldoror, Charizardmaster#1, gustavo14, FrostMage, YNCRN, MasterLeo, Victor C and any I missed.

I'm back with another shiny after 5,634 encounters shiny timburr appeared on my black version.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...psf9a279ea.jpg

So Community Hunt Complete
    Timburr
    Random Encounter
    Black
    No Shiny Charm

Good luck to everyone on your hunts.
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

Congrats on all the recent shinies guys!

Well it seems like June is my month right now! I just got a shiny in Shoal Cave! I started this hunt today and after 472 REs I got a shiny! 2ish days after Trapinch. I was watching Scrubs when I found it. I was looking at the TV and looked down to see a green Zubat! I was fricking shocked. I'm insanely lucky right now. I just hope it keeps up all month. But anyway, it has a Timid nature, which is sort of a mixed bag so I can't complain. Also, this is a reclaim of the shiny Zubat I lost long ago when I deleted the Diamond file with my shiny Zubat on it. I can't wait til it's a Crobat, which will probably be a while from now since I'm focusing more on getting the shinies than training them at the moment. Here's the picture:

Video: http://youtu.be/1jOJDPKP1H0

Pokémon: Zubat
    Method: Random Encountering w/out shiny charm
    Game: Sapphire

As for my next hunt, I'm strongly considering Petalburg Woods. I'd like to keep my Hoenn luck streak going, and if I'm really lucky I'll get a Shroomish. But a Pooch in emerald would be a nice reclaim and Wurmple rocks too. So that's a definite possibility as far as future hunting.

But anyway, good luck everyone, hopefully you all can get some of my luck!
    Last edited by Terra Force; 13th June 2013 at 6:54 AM.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Congratulations to all the shinies that happened lately!

As for right now, I'm just trying to improve my chaining, as my highest chain ever was 27 (pretty impressive, right? XD) and I'm also SRing abras from the Celadon Game Corner on my leafgreen. I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later, all I want is just a shiny from that game (never had one on leafgreen). Best of luck to me, and to everyone else!
    Latest Shiny (8/6/14)
    Obtained via: MM Egg 76
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

*huddled over my DS* Come out, come out, you shiny [censored]. 7,069 REs and counting...
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Agh, I'm so sorry to hear about your long hunt, Cyberra, but trust me, it will be worth it in the end! And congrats to Charizardmaster on that shiny (literally) new Zubat of yours!
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

I'm quite excited after seeing that Roundtable vid. I did some poking around and found pics to compare what was shown:

That is just so cool and I'm more keen than ever to hunt on X & Y. I love how the sparkles look, they are so much more eye-catching than the ones from previous gens.

As for seeing sparkles on my games, no luck since the Skarmory I found on my Soul Silver, but I'll keep going and hopefully something will shine soon. Congrats to all who have gotten new shinies and good luck.
    Newest Shiny!

Caterpie - 10/5/2014 Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code #1: 1590-6027-9053 Water Friend Safari
    3DS Friend Code #2: 1693-1676-9063 Dragon Friend Safar

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    HOLY FREAKING ****. ANOTHER. SHINY. 2 IN ONE DAY. HOLY MOTHER OF CIAUSHDIAUSHD

THIS IS AFTER 123 RESETS, THIS IS ONE OF THE QUICKEST SHINY ENCOUNTERS I'VE EVER SEEN. JESUS CHRIST!!! I AM THE SINGLE MOST LUCKY PERSON ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH RIGHT NOW.

JESUS I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND THIS ASIUDHOASOIUDH

AND HERE IS THE OFFICIAL STUFF FOR THE COMPETITION BY THE WAY.

Cobalion
    Random Encounter
    White
    Without Shiny Charm

Oh my god!!!!
    Lucky! I was unable to finish my Cobalion hunt for over a MONTH, and the only reason it got "finished" is because I lost my cartridge and have been unable to find it for roughly 4 months.

Looks like I DO get a day off today as well So I think I'll spend some time dual hunting while watching a platinum egglocke on youtube, SRing starters on SS and REing in W2 outside Reversal Mountain.
    Hoping for Cyndaquil and Trapinch, but wouldn't mind the other starters or Skarmory / Numel / Skorupi. Hopefully my games take pity on me and my pathetic cold today

edit - I just noticed I started this SS BQ in December 2012
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 13th June 2013 at 6:23 PM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessara View Post
    I'm quite excited after seeing that Roundtable vid. I did some poking around and found pics to compare what was shown:

That is just so cool and I'm more keen than ever to hunt on X & Y. I love how the sparkles look, they are so much more eye-catching than the ones from previous gens.

As for seeing sparkles on my games, no luck since the Skarmory I found on my Soul Silver, but I'll keep going and hopefully something will shine soon. Congrats to all who have gotten new shinies and good luck.
    I'm still not convinced that its a shiny, sparkles always come out when you do a trade and the shading difference might just be because of the background or them tweaking the shading of the model. I want it to be a shiny, but ill be skeptical until proven wrong, which i totally want to be in this instance. And 7k and that long, its not even the odds yet dude. I'm at 11,600...

Well we won't know about Gogoat for a while, but to me the change seems very drastic so I think it's possible for it to be a shiny. But I'm still skeptical until we've got proof.

I'm currently indecisive about whether I should hunt in Petalburg or Viridian Forest. I've wanted to hunt in both for a while, so it's a tough decision. But I'm leaning towards Viridian right now, so it's more likely ill go there.

Good luck everyone!

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Pokemon Name: Squirtle
    Hunting Method: MM
    Game Used: Black 2
    With or Without Shiny Charm: w/ Shiny Charm

It took 1,079 eggs to find him, but I finally got my shiny Squirtle! It's my fourth hunt to go over the MM+SC odds, so I probably won't be doing MM for awhile...

And speaking of being locked away in a laboratory, it's now been almost a month since I locked myself in Oak's lab. I'm nearing 6,900 SRs for Bulbasaur, and hoping that it shines soon so I can get this BQ off the ground. I'll also be starting soft resets for Azelf soon, so I can complete the trio.

Congrats on the shinies and good luck!
    Last edited by pokemaster13; 13th June 2013 at 7:09 PM.

HeartGold Badge Quest

Current Hunts

Congrats to Cyndajay on Timburr, Charizardmaster on Zubat and Pokemaster on squirtle.

I'm on day 2 of SRing for Tepig now and I'm already at 725 SR's. Feel like I'm making good steady progress at the moment!

Good luck everyone, especially paddy who is still battle those stubborn Johto starters!
    Last edited by dan2point5; 13th June 2013 at 7:15 PM.

After 1800 eggs I have decided to take a break from my Nidoran hunt. I think I might try for Gallade now.

Congratulations and good luck to all.

Congrats to pokemaster13!

I've uploaded a video of my shiny Aron hatching, it's below:

Shiny Aron

Also, no one seems to be talking about Nintendo saying they're "working on" making Gen V Pokemon transferable to Gen VI, meaning it might not happen...

Is this not upsetting to anyone? What are your thoughts on it?
        Spoiler:- My shinies:

Pokemon Name: Golurk
    Hunting Method: RE
    Game Used: Black 2
    With or Without Shiny Charm: With Shiny Charm

Looks like Golurk decided to come out early at 1641 RE's! But it came with a catch. Even with Dusk Balls, I couldn't even get it to shake once. And after it woke up from Spore, it instantly uses Curse. I wasn't too worried since Curse would fail if it tried it again, but then it almost KO'ed Breloom, so I became more worried. Then a critical capture came in a saved the day! So here's the picture; sorry I couldn't get the battle in, but I use my 3DS as a camera, and I was RE'ing with my 3DS at the time:

And my look just keeps going! Adamant sync worked, and Iron Fist as an ability, so this could work competitively. IV's are iffy, but at the same time, amazing (5/13/20/30/28/31). Attack and HP aren't amazing, and that 30 in Special Attack is very troll-like of Golurk, but overall, I'm impressed. Glad to have this shiny, so soon after Mewtwo. Now, I might go hunt in 3rd Gen, but I'm not sure where. Sevault Canyon seems cool, despite the risk of getting an Onix (already got Steelix), but I'll see. Meanwhile, congrats on the recent shinies, and good luck!
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Can you guys send me some of that luck? I'm at 7,763 REs in the Dragonspiral Tower and still bupkis. I wanna get this hunt over with so I can try my fin at MMing, or go and kill some demons in Darksiders for a day or two.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

*sends Cyberra luck* You are now lucky. ;~;
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Good luck Cyberra. I always find it helps toughen up shiny hunters when the hunts go over the odds. When you start to expect too much too soon it can break you as a hunter because you don't feel you can last the distance for hunts. So it's nice seeing people stick it out. That sorta patience only comes from experiencing the long hunts.

Anyway I'm on 900 SR's now and calling it a night. Best of luck everyone.

Page 244 of 888 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast