Page 246 of 940 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 23499

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Didn't get too much done yesterday since I was out getting a haircut for the first time in over a year and now it's the shortest it's been in probably over a decade! Also went to the midnight release of The Last of Us, and racked up some REs for Koffing when the boy I had a crush on in tenth grade walked in.

I'm about to hit 3,600 on my SoulSilver Badge Quest. Was really hoping it would go faster then that. But there's no way I'm giving up now.
    Also have 150 eggs (i think...) for Squirtle. Will do one more box and then hatch!

Good luck to everyone and I hope to have some shiny news soon :]

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Well during the heat game i did manage to get up to 12,000 encounters. My last shiny was April 22, its been so long i probably will do some noob moves when i finally get it, which will be hilarious because i always live film my shiny hunts, as long as its not a fail i wont care just gimme something. Hell, I'd even take a duplicate Camerupt or drifblim just to end this drought

Quick question for those who use the Masuda Method: Is it better to fill up your boxes with eggs and then hatch them all at once? Or collect eggs and hatch them as you go?

Quote Originally Posted by xKatie0391 View Post
    Yeah, a race sounds fun. Never had a shiny race before, maybe it'll motivate me more

Not keeping track of my resets though. I did for a bit, but when I got to 2000 I stopped, it was quite tedious.
    It would be my first race too, so let's hope it's going to pay!
    I don't count either, I'm just saying numbers like that, without any confirmations. But you better be quick, because I'm winning this! Do you have the Shiny Charm ? I don't have one so if you have one, maybe it will be a little bit unfair but I don't care, let's do it for fun!
    I started to hunt again and since watching a movie or two last time helped me a lot, I'll do it again! You know what, Cpchris ? After watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2 last time, it gave me the desire to watch the previous ones! I might go for the sixth, first. I liked it too, I prefer when they are older (and so Hermione is prettier). So Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince here I come!
    I already hallucinate golden Latias right now. Great.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 14th June 2013 at 7:32 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Junior12 View Post
    Quick question for those who use the Masuda Method: Is it better to fill up your boxes with eggs and then hatch them all at once? Or collect eggs and hatch them as you go?
    It's up to personal preference, really. I like to fill up 5 boxes and then hatch them, because it's easier to keep track of your progress. But then if you like to always be making progress, then hatching as you go works. It's up to what you feel works best.

Now I have a question regarding my next hunt. I'm not sure where I want to go next. I've spent time looking through areas in Kanto, Hoenn and Unova, and I've got my next hunt down to three places. Kindle Road in FR, Route 117 in Emerald and Challenger's Cave in Black. All have great shinies, but I don't want to keep track of more than one hunt right now, so what do you think would be a nice place to hunt? Nevermind, I'm so indecisive. I think I'm into Challenger's Cave. Good luck, everyone, on those hunts!
    Last edited by Psynergy; 15th June 2013 at 1:32 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Congrats on the recent shinies everyone ^_^ even though I don't think I've missed any since my last post.

anyway SHINY ABRA AFTER 13155 SEEN!!! My longest hunt if you count pokemon obtained.

Yes this took 4 days and 2631 SRs/13155 I'm so freaking happy! I thought I might get another long hunt since I got my mareep finally and I deserved to suffer for getting it! But its here and it certainly didn't take that long the nature is hasty and its characteristic is often dozes off which is not to bad. I'm really happy guys thanks for all the support and good luck with all your hunts!
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

I'm at 55 REs for Gurdurr. I wish the ones for the June competition looked cooler as shinies. :c
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Excuse me for a moment... *steps out into the hall* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!! *steps back in* Much better...

At 8,769 REs for Golurk. The bugger's gotta shine soon!

Hey guys, i got another
    and this time, i got very happy, cause it was very hard to do it, and to find the patch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQOm6ZvAXw

it's an absol, btw
    Please, feel free to check my channel in youtube. I started recording my attempts on shinies!
    http://tinyurl.com/m3jfxub

FRIEND CODE:
    2294 4512 0128 (PM ME WITH YOURS!)

Top Hunters as of June 14th:
    1- CharizardMaster#1 & FrostMage (10 points)
    2- pokematser13 (6 points)
    3- blueshuckle, NightHaze12, JAWAYami, cyndajay (5 points)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Hi guys! Still no shiny Latias, unfortunately... However, during my movie, I did a lot of soft resets so I'm glad of what I've done today (might continue a little bit before going to sleep, though).
    I was watching some videos of shiny Latias captures and while watching one, I had a thought. A thought that I had to share with you, as a question, to see how everyone here would react in front of that situation. Please be free to answer it!
    You're hunting in dark grasses in one of the fifth generation game when suddenly, you hear the sparkle noise twice harder than before. You look at the screen and you see two shinies in the same double battle! How do you react ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    You're hunting in dark grasses in one of the fifth generation game when suddenly, you hear the sparkle noise twice harder than before. You look at the screen and you see two shinies in the same double battle! How do you react ?
    Probably something like this guy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuEjeJbYgsU

Stopping at 7,700 SRs tonight, nearing the odds once again...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

8,250 REs

I am hatching so many Caterpies. I just don't know what to hunt for afterwards. Maybe I should give Weedle some justice? To answer Papousse, I would either swear at my game for having to use my luck on two shinies and only choosing one instead of saving one for later, or I would go crazy because of the odds.
    Last edited by ShiningKnightXY; 15th June 2013 at 1:58 AM.

So I'm working on my starter for my SS BQ, and I'm debating whether or not to reset my file. I started this in December of last year and I'm wondering:
    Do I want my trainer card to reflect when I started the hunt even though there were month long breaks in between?
    OR
    Do I want the start date of my file to reflect the day I found my shiny starter?
    I can't decide >.<

Mmh. I knew it ! You know, I can read the future!
    And I predict the last one will be the one or the second you wanted the most in your hunting spot! Well you know, to be totally honest with you, I like Golduck's shiny form, but since you already have one, you're pretty unlucky at the moment. But a shiny is a shiny, right?
    For names, if you don't have any yet, I can propose you... Emmet, Forrest or Mesmer ?
    I'm not in mood to talk, I had a bad day yesterday... I still wish you good luck for your last!
    Thanks, Papousse! I hope everything is okay, though ...

I have named the Golduck "Reed", lol. So now I have two Golduck named Reed and Wade. I just put ???? at the time because I was stumped thinking of something at the nickname screen, so I decided to EV train him first and then work out what to do. Yes, a shiny is a shiny, I'm still happy, don't get me wrong. I was just thinking the outcome of the hunt was kind of amusing, but I do hope you're right about your next prediction of getting my first or second choice regardless. Good luck with Latias!

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    They've never had sparkles shown in trade animations, just the exiting of the ball.
    Oh, my apologies. I know that they've never shown the sparkles, but I was saying that I thought they had maybe started to include the sparkles. Obviously when I saw the Fennekin coming out of his or her ball, it looked the same, so I was trying to admit that what I thought were the sparkles were actually just the Pokeball effect. I was probably too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot_82 View Post
    It may not be, but in my mind it is a shiny Gogoat. If you watch the newest video on the main page (Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Gameplay Trailer 4) there is a clip of Gogoat vs. Noivern. The Gogoat has the original color as it was first revealed. It could be that the gameplay video is earlier than the trade clip and GF changed Gogoats color in the mean time. I seriously doubt it though, given the reality of shinys. It seems to me that they were showing us a shiny Gogoat, but of course, I could be wrong!
    And I wasn't disputing the fact that it is shiny. I believe it is, too. And, after all, Masuda has a famous Masuda Method named after him. He must like shinies, too. So, I think it would have been cool for him to add this little Easter egg. But, of course, we don't know, so it's fun to speculate and discuss it. Like I said, those pictures I posted were meant to sort of compare what I was referring to as the "sparkles". I feel like I've made a bit of a mess out of this or something. Sorry.

Sounds like a bit of a dilemma there, Dangertrout! If it was me, I'd probably change IDs, for something fresh!

And major congrats to Cocoadragon! Alakazam looks amazing! Good luck with your next hunt!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 15th June 2013 at 2:39 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Congratulations to all new shinies since my last post.

I have been concentrating on my white 2 version and have recently completed it with my all shiny team from transferred over shinies. Well I didn't find a shiny during the playthrough but I have been MMing the unovadex to get the round charm and I have news.....

I know it is not for the CH for this month so it is just a personal target but..... I hatched a shiny Darumaka! I haven't tried to seriously hunt this before so it was a bit of a surprise when it hatched but I am pleased.

Good luck to everyone still hunting!
    Shinies are good.

Papousse: Um... run for my camera, fumble around until I had fresh batteries in it, obtain photographic evidence... then spend abourt 15-30 mins trying to decide which shiny I wanted (unless it was a really obvious choice), slay the loser, catch the winner, rejoice.

Neither my MM or Contest hunting have yeilded any shinies yet. But to be fair, I don't really play that long each day, so it's not like I'm expecting to win the contest or anything.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

Congrats to Charizardmaster#1 on Zubat, pokemaster13 on squirtle, gustavo14 on golurk, ZaneClarthy on golduck (pity it was another repeat shiny for you), cocoadragon on abra, 201238 on absol, scrufox86 on darumaka and any I missed.

So after getting timburr I decide to go to dragonspiral tower to hunt for golett. I was hunting on the first floor as I still wanted a surprise to what I'd get. I was also dual hunting with both white and black. Seeing as timburr appeared on my black I was expecting for my next shiny to be on white (particularly as I haven't had a re shiny on that game file yet). That wasn't to be and after only 144 encounters since timburr a shiny druddigon graced my screen on my black version.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps2f1fb303.jpg

Good luck to everyone on your hunts, especially those on long hunts like Cyberra.
    View my shiny pokemon captures and evolutions

3DS FC: 1719-4184-2436 PM or VM me with yours
    Friend Safari: Water: Bibarel, Quagsire, Frogadier
    Looking for Normal: Ditto Dragon: Dragonair Ghost: Spiritomb Ground: Phanpy Steel: Metang, Excadrill

Heart Gold BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9
    Y BQ #1 Chespin #2 Magikarp #3 Golett
    White 2 BQ #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 Completed 23rd June 2013

I have a shiny suicune or entei that I will trade for a pokemon with pokerus in Soul Silver.

PM Me

Friend Code: 4040 4889 3890

Congratz to Zane Clarthy on Golduck, cocoadragon on Abra, 201238 on Absol, Scrufox86 on Darumaka, and Cyndajay on Druddigon!

Well after 385 eggs shiny Yanma hatches! :]

Blue shinies <3! So glad this didn't take forever. I can't believe how nice MM has been for me but I have a feeling it'll end soon lol (knocks on wood). Next up is Swinub. I was able to find a foreign dream world female Swinub with max IVs in attack and speed (lucky me!) so I'll definitely be using it for MMing. I have terrible luck with hatching shinies with their DW ability but hopefully it works for me this time, or atleast gets snow cloak.

Good luck guys!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Funny story: I was about to respond to Zane Clarthy with "Yeah, if nothing shines tonight I think I'll start trying new IDs" but then the phone rang.
    So I chat a bit, hang up, get ready to make my way to the computer to type out my post and...
    SHINY TOTODILE!!!

Not quite the one I wanted, and I think Timid is not a great nature, but I don't care! Finally, I can start my BQ! SQUEEEEEEE!!
    Not sure if I mentioned, but I won't be playing with my shinies, as I wish to upload them to W2 and evolve them their for my shiny dex.
    Instead, I'll be sending over a bunch of eggs from my Diamond file and hatching one per shiny to use instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Funny story: I was about to respond to Zane Clarthy with "Yeah, if nothing shines tonight I think I'll start trying new IDs" but then the phone rang.
    So I chat a bit, hang up, get ready to make my way to the computer to type out my post and...
    SHINY TOTODILE!!!

Not quite the one I wanted, and I think Timid is not a great nature, but I don't care! Finally, I can start my BQ! SQUEEEEEEE!!
    Not sure if I mentioned, but I won't be playing with my shinies, as I wish to upload them to W2 and evolve them their for my shiny dex.
    Instead, I'll be sending over a bunch of eggs from my Diamond file and hatching one per shiny to use instead.
    Mega congrats... *cries 3,850 tears*

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Congrats to Zane Clarthy on Golduck (sort of >_>), cocoadragon on Abra, 201238, Scrufox86 on Duramaka, Cyndajay on Druddigon, City Of Delusion on Yanma, and Dangertrout on Totodile!

Thanks for the info Zane Clarthy (and thanks again for it, Frost Mage)!

Glad you liked my story, Zane

Good question, I've wondered about it before Idk, I'd probably be really excited and really disappointed at the same time, especially if it was 2 different pokemon. Of course, it'd still be extremely disappointing if they were the same pokemon, but at least then you don't have to choose between which one you go after...And it would be really neat since that'd be incredibly rare, but I don't know if I would appreciate the rarity of the event enough to compensate the fact that I'm going to have to kill a shiny :| Regardless, it'd be insanely surprising and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Probably something like this guy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuEjeJbYgsU
    I saw that a few days ago...I had my doubts if it was real or not :| He doesn't have any other shiny related videos, and he didn't really react much...Granted, I don't say a word in my videos, but it seems like a lot of people get really "OMGOMGOMG" when they find just a normal shiny, so I would expect to see blood splattering the DS screen from the person's head exploding from finding 2 shinies in the same battle...But instead he just says "holy ----" >.> I'm far from someone who can spot a cheated vid or whatever, but I'm a little skeptical.

---------
    ---------
    I didn't do as much hunting today; only 300 REs each game. I spent most of the afternoon before work reading the book my co-worker lent me, and I just barely finished it in time for work to give it back to him. So now the book's out of the way, and I'm all caught up with that series so no more of those books until the fall. So I'm now at 6,600 REs on Platinum and 4,700 REs on Black 2.

I've been thinking about what I want to do when/if I find Growlithe. My plan since last summer was to get Umbreon, then Arcanine, then Altaria. But I also really want to go after Snivy and Chikorita...And there's only 4 more months left until X/Y (seems like there's more time than that!), so I'm not sure I'll have time to hunt Altaria, Snivy, and Chikorita. And I still have my BQ which I definitely want to continue with, so that only leaves my second system to hunt on.

I'm also thinking about doing a half BQ or something on either HG or W2...Where I'd only get 1 shiny every 2 gyms, so that I can go through them faster (perhaps in time for X/Y, but I guess that's pretty unlikely). It'd be good since there's not always that many shinies I'd want to fill up 8 spaces (although there's the fact that I could get a non-target shiny which would waste a slot, so doing 4 shinies means I have less opportunity to make up for that). Oh well. I'll figure something out. It's all dependent on when Growlithe shines too, so for all I know, I'll end up not getting Growlithe for many more months.
    ---
    ---
    Also, some relatives are in town from another state, and so my cousin may or may not be with them (haven't actually seen them yet since I was working while they got together with my parents for dinner). He's around 12 or so I think. They're staying at my grandma's and not at our house (thankfully), but I'm fully prepared to hide my games in a shoebox and put it in my closet or something, lest he (for whatever unlikely reason) end up upstairs in my room and sees all my pokemon games on my bookshelf and happens to like pokemon and wants to play with them...I'm not even worrying just about him playing my games if I'm not home to stop him - I don't even want him to know I have them so he won't even ask!! I do NOT want to present him with any opportunities to mess my games up and lose my shinies...

Like I said though, I don't even know if he's with my aunt and uncle this trip, if he is, he's not staying at our house, and if they do come over here, my room's on the second floor and so no guests ever have a reason to come up here (unless they're staying here), and I don't even know if he likes pokemon. So hopefully, any horror-story situation of a youngin' losing someone else's shinies happening to me is completely improbable.
    ---

Good luck everyone!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Hey everybody. Congrats on all the new shinies.

I'm now at 7060 soft resets for shiny Tornadus, and 1600 encounters for my 5th Ruby badge quest shiny (I've decided to hunt on route 110 again, hoping that I won't be unlucky enough to get another shiny Zigzagoon).

But, um, this has just arrived in the post so I may be a little distracted from shiny hunting for a bit. If any fellow Animal Crossing fans in this topic want to do some fruit trading later on I'd be more than happy to. Now I'm off to reset for my perfect town layout. :P

Good luck guys.
    Fruit trading? Yeah, I'd be up for that. I've been playing Animal Crossing for the last week. Haven't done much with Pokemon... I guess after 7 non-stop months, I am finally exhausted.

It would be my first race too, so let's hope it's going to pay!
    I don't count either, I'm just saying numbers like that, without any confirmations. But you better be quick, because I'm winning this! Do you have the Shiny Charm ? I don't have one so if you have one, maybe it will be a little bit unfair but I don't care, let's do it for fun![/SIZE]
    I'm hunting her on SS, so no shiny charm for me either

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

Page 246 of 940 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast