Page 289 of 938 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 23434

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YNCRN View Post
    3,100 eggs hatched on this Masuda Method hunt with the shiny charm.

No shiny yet.

This is miserable...
    Hang in there, it'll come Im sure! I felt the same way about my blastoise when it nearly hit 3000, and I love it all the more because it took all that time to arrive. So whenever it hatches, it will be very special.

Well I've started collecting eggs for my weedle hunt but haven't started hatching yet, thought I would take a short break after 2 shinies in 5 minutes last week (why do my shinies pretty much always come in pairs? ) I really like the colour of shiny beedril. For the CH I might RE a Gastly. I really want a Lunatone but I have nearly every other shiny in the Giant Chasm from when I was hunting for my shiny Ditto.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Thanks to RaichuArcanine, Cpchris, CrashandCortex and PaddysTurtwigFanClub!

Congrats to this massive list of people, even if I've congratulated you before!

Blasting Toise
    Cpchris
    RaichuArcanine
    CrashandCortex
    RaichuArcanine
    (Again! Curse the Spearow!)
    Draknir
    maldoror
    TheBenmeister
    dan2point5
    Shiny Lord
    ohjeezitskim
    Draknir (again!)
    Growlie19
    Shiny Lord (again!)
    CrashandCortex (again!)
    julabard
    Equal-to-Heaven
    ohjeezitskim (again!)
    JAWAYami
    ohjeezitskim (again!!)
    Automail_Junkie
    Waffle King
    Ambri
    afronaut81
    dan2point5 (again!)
    xKatie0391
    maldoror (again!)

Whew!

This caught my eye, though.

I might be missing something, but ... What on Earth are you doing, Toey Joey? I found your post kind of weird. So ... what, you found a Woobat, but you don't like Woobat so you basically filmed yourself annihilating it and posted it here for some sort of a reaction? Or was it an accident? Seems kind of odd to me, sorry. It's just the way you've worded your post makes it sound like you planned to KO it all along. Congrats, I guess? If I'm mistaken, then sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    YES! No, again, not a shiny But now it’s confirmed that a Black 3DS XL is coming to the US on August 11! Let’s see, that’s…*checks computer calendar*…a Sunday! So I guess after work that day, I’ll be heading out to one of the stores to pick one up Ooh, my mom will not be happy when she notices I have another…Also, that means I *may* start triple hunting! So perhaps my shiny finding rate will go up. And maybe once I’m no longer waiting to start the Johto starter hunt, Virbank will hand over Growlithe to me…!
    That's cool! I'm wanting to buy another 3DS for when Pokémon XY comes out, but I'm going to wait first and see if they announce a special edition to be released around the time of the games.

Good luck everyone!

I haven't had much time the last couple of days to hunt, which can be annoying when you want to hunt but keep on having real life get in the way!!! Oh well ...

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

I've hatched 320 of the 370 eggs I've gathered, taking me up to 2,200 hatched for Roggenrola. Still no sparkly purple pebble. I was hoping to hatch one in time to count for the July community hunt, but it's looking like that's not gonna happen. After this hatch I'm probably gonna be back on Route 3 collecting eggs for round 6 unless I get a miracle.

I'm sorry to hear that Cyberra, hope your hunt ends soon. As for me, I just hit 600 eggs... 605 to be exact. It's official, this hunt has started to become painful.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

@Kyle - I think Toey Joey killed it in purpose to try spark a reaction from us hunters. Jokes on him. No one appears to have cared lol.

Anyway as for me I've gotten my 4th badge, done some training and now I'm starting hunt 5.
    I'll be hunting in the double grass of route 6 hoping for either Shelmet, Karrablast, Marill or Foongus. Really hoping I don't get a Tranquil (although a male one would be okay so I can have the set) but if I do get one I won't count it in the BQ and just keep hunting (after catching it of course).

Congrats and good luck guys.

So much for having two entries for the community hunt this month... 2,250 eggs hatched and Roggenrola is still not shining for me *le sigh* Back to Route 3 I go, to collect another 370 eggs.

26,500 RE's in my LG now. Would have had more, but I haven't had much hunting time in the last few days. Gonna push the pedal to the metal in this hunt later today since I dont have any obligations. 30,000 maybe?
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Clarthy View Post
    Thanks to RaichuArcanine, Cpchris, CrashandCortex and PaddysTurtwigFanClub!

Congrats to this massive list of people, even if I've congratulated you before!

Blasting Toise
    Cpchris
    RaichuArcanine
    CrashandCortex
    RaichuArcanine
    (Again! Curse the Spearow!)
    Draknir
    maldoror
    TheBenmeister
    dan2point5
    Shiny Lord
    ohjeezitskim
    Draknir (again!)
    Growlie19
    Shiny Lord (again!)
    CrashandCortex (again!)
    julabard
    Equal-to-Heaven
    ohjeezitskim (again!)
    JAWAYami
    ohjeezitskim (again!!)
    Automail_Junkie
    Waffle King
    Ambri
    afronaut81
    dan2point5 (again!)
    xKatie0391
    maldoror (again!)

Thanks a bunch for the congrats Kyle! I gotta say I bloody loved how you included that little "again!" in there, I don't know why, I just found it incredibly amusing for whatever reason, and though you haven't obtained a shiny, your posts are always a joy to see on the page! Really hoping you get a bit more time to hunt and that your next hunt isn't as soul draining as Toxxy was! On that note, I'm really hoping as always that anybody struck with a drought both small or large manages to rise above it soon like a phoenix from the ashes and earn the sparkles they so rightly deserve! This extends to everybody in that position, so even though this is a generalised comment (blame laziness :P), I really am concerned for all of you and hope you get some shinies very soon as you most definitely deserve them!

On the note of the Community Hunt this month...

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Alright, the picks for the August CH are here. There are some duplicates from the last couple hunts, but I'm gonna leave them in. There are people who didn't get to hunt those particular pokemon for the previous hunts and maybe they'd like another stab at their Cobalions or Gastlys.
    Any of the family counts towards this hunt; I've listed them by their first evolution.

The List:
    Karrablast
    Duskull
    Swinub
    Gastly
    Lunatone
    Pidove
    Buizel
    Poliwag
    Venonat
    Pawniard
    Tympole
    Woobat
    Staryu
    Nidoran
    Cobalion
    Krabby
    Klink
    Glameow
    Shelmet
    Baltoy
    Oh wow, this is an incredible list! An incredible assortment of shinies, and 3 of which I'm hunting for right at the current moment! I'm really impressed with the variety in this month's CH, so it'd be great to see a bunch of us contribute and see how many of us can complete it this time around!

Alright, so before I go into this, I think you're all going to hate me now...

Spoiler:- Click to neutralise flame shield:
    Last edited by crashandcortex; 16th September 2013 at 10:04 AM.

1/8192 shinies thus far: Around 130+

Most recent shiny: Uxie (August 29th, 2014)

Congratulations to Growlie19 on Patrat and maldoror on Lunatone... not that many today, it seems....

And welcome to shiny hunting, BugPokemonMaster316! I remember when I first started hunting I had many half-hearted hunts that didn't go anywhere, but at the end of Summer, I decided to join in on the community hunt. August was nearly over, so I didn't get a shiny in the Chargestone Cave hunt, but in September I joined in on the Riolu and Shuckle hunt and got both, Riolu in only 195 eggs (although Shuckle went over 1,000). So Riolu was my first shiny.

Just thought I'd share that... I find it strange that I've only been doing this for a year. I only have four shinies to show for it though...

Anyway, I've hatched 206 Mudkip eggs now and nothing. My next shortest hunt after 195 eggs was mid 500s, I think, so we'll see how this goes...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I have shiny news, hurrah!
    I had collected 7 boxes of eggs (one each of charmander, squirtle, caterpie, weedle, pidgey, rattata and spearow) and decided to RE a little while hatching them all to mix things up.
    While hatching my second box of eggs, I ran into a wild shiny Sandshrew! Quirky female, so I don't think I'll be using it competitively, but that's fine by me. Half my shinies are meant to be trophies anyways.
    I'm pretty happy about that catch, as I really like Sandslash in shiny form and have been meaning to hunt it for a while ^_^
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Cyberra, I certainly know the feeling there!

Phanpy still ain't shiny. Must be almost 3,000 eggs in now, but no luck. I'll try for another couple of hours or so tonight, but I suspect it might be too late to get one tonight. IT'S SO UPSETTING D= I'll plow on regardless even if I don't hit tonight's target, but I won't be happy about it. =P

Also, with regards to the new hunt list, nothing set my world alight initially; I was thinking I might give Staryu a go via RE, but it shares its routes with 65% chance of running into Frillish, so I'm not sure...
    Last edited by BenYS; 31st July 2013 at 7:29 PM.
    Most recent shiny:

Sylveon!
    (MM! ~1800 eggs...)

Next Target...

(Dream Ball Eevee & Vullaby, MM)
        Spoiler:- Y Shiny Card:

Gratz to maldoror on Lunatone, crashandcortex on Shellos, Dangertrout on Sandshrew and welcome to shiny hunting BugPokemonMaster316!

I finally got my hands on a foreign Glameow so I'll start collecting eggs for it soon. Hopefully MM is nice to me this time.

Good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

I'm at only 2000 RE's for shiny Gastly, nothin' yet. Some of y'all have really got a high amount of RE's though :c, how long does it usually take? I guess its all luck.

Oh my word.... after over 1600 eggs I have hatched my second shiny Totodile!!! This time I planned a moveset. I managed to get Japanese Totodile with Dragon dance and Ice punch on it. I then levelled it to 48 and got Superpower and Aqua jet on it as well. I am so glad I got this!! I know I already have a shiny Totodile but I like it so much and to get the whole evolution line in shiny I will need three in total anyway. I was trying for Tepig though and just decided to put Totodile in the daycare and get three Tepig eggs from the box and two new Totodile eggs form the daycare man.

Wow I am so happy! And I got my third Community hunt sooo Community Hunt Complete X3! Wow just got that third one in before the end of the month.

Congratulations to all shinies and good luck to everyone. Sorry for blanket congrats but it has been a while since my last post. I will try to congratulate everyone in my next post.
    Shinies are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spritzee
    I'm at only 2000 RE's for shiny Gastly, nothin' yet. Some of y'all have really got a high amount of RE's though :c, how long does it usually take? I guess its all luck.
    It's all luck, plain and simple. I got my shiny Gastly after 10,780 REs, and probably a good 2 or 3 weeks of encountering, but for all you know, you could get it on your next encounter, and that's what keeps you going.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Hey guys. I was terrible with hunting this month. I did no where near what I wanted to. I am going to finish this squirtle hunt before hunting anything for August because I can never pause a hunt. But once I get squirtle, I will definitely be hunting for a dw poliwag!! I have been wanting a shiny politoed for a while now! Let me get to finishing this squirtle hunt so I can get to hunting for poliwag!

Anyways, congrats everyone who for a shiny in Julyand good luck to everyone in August!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Hey guys. I was terrible with hunting this month. I did no where near what I wanted to. I am going to finish this squirtle hunt before hunting anything for August because I can never pause a hunt. But once I get squirtle, I will definitely be hunting for a dw poliwag!! I have been wanting a shiny politoed for a while now! Let me get to finishing this squirtle hunt so I can get to hunting for poliwag!

Anyways, congrats everyone who for a shiny in July and good luck to everyone in August!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    It's all luck, plain and simple. I got my shiny Gastly after 10,780 REs, and probably a good 2 or 3 weeks of encountering, but for all you know, you could get it on your next encounter, and that's what keeps you going.
    I guess you're right about it coming any time, that kinda motivates me. Awesome that you got shiny Gastly btw its color is amazing. The Gastly line is one of my favorites.

I took a little break from route 14 in my white 2 to do a little secret hunt.
    This hunt finally brought me over 400 hours in my game - although it should probably be near over 500... I don't save after I hatch eggs unless there was a shiny of course.

I did around 600 encounters for this pokemon yesterday..
    and today after 1,128, she shone! AND I got it live! I'm happy because it was the second pokemon of the video, then i got a critical capture! So the video is short! Just the way I like them! For uploading purposes!
    Not letting me upload photos again so here is the link to the post;
    shiny pictures

And the live video!

Didn't expect any other shiny in July. Catching her made 6 shinies this month. None of which qualified for the CH xD

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 175 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    I took a little break from route 14 in my white 2 to do a little secret hunt.
    This hunt finally brought me over 400 hours in my game - although it should probably be near over 500... I don't save after I hatch eggs unless there was a shiny of course.

I did around 600 encounters for this pokemon yesterday..
    and today after 1,128, she shone! AND I got it live! I'm happy because it was the second pokemon of the video, then i got a critical capture! So the video is short! Just the way I like them! For uploading purposes!
    Not letting me upload photos again so here is the link to the post;
    shiny pictures

And the live video!

Didn't expect any other shiny in July. Catching her made 6 shinies this month. None of which qualified for the CH xD
    I just subbed to you on YouTube and i come on and see this. Lol, anyways, i am at 17,400 encounters and really wan something, anything, to shine. I'd even take a duplicate Camerupt or drifblim

Just finished a small chain, had to take a break from getting Staryu eggs. At a chain of 18, a shiny male Ponyta appeared. Ponyta has such a beautiful shiny sprite, and Rapidash is even better.

Spoiler:- Shiny Ponyta pics:

I'm just extremely glad that he's got the ability I wanted, Flash Fire. At a chain of 33, a random geodude had to show up and end everything, but atleast I managed to get one shiny from this chain

Speaking of getting ready for August, I'm MMing for a Staryu. My impatience usually gets to me while MMing, so I hope I won't lose motivation and end the hunt at around 500 eggs. Since school's starting again soon, I'll have less time to do anything worthwhile. I'm hoping to get a Staryu before 500 eggs, but it all just relies in luck.

Good luck to those that are hunting for shiny pokemon, and congratulations to those that have got one recently. Last minutes of July (for me), lets see who'll get the last shiny pokemon for July 2013.
    Latest Shiny (11/27/14)
    Obtained via: Soft Reset
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Congrats to crashandcortex on Shellos, Dangertrout on Sandshrew, Scrufox86 on Totodile, ohjeezitskim on Druddigon, and Waffle King!

Thanks for the congrats, Kyle Clarthy

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    @Kyle - I think Toey Joey killed it in purpose to try spark a reaction from us hunters. Jokes on him. No one appears to have cared lol.
    My assumption as well. I’d go so far as to say there’s a slight chance it was fake just so he could try and troll

--------

500 REs today. 11,600 REs on Platinum and 2,800 REs on Black 2…If a nice male Shinx with intimidate would shine next on Platinum, then all these REs are worth it. Or female with intimidate I’d be okay with, too, but I’d prefer male…Would prefer a female with intimidate over a male with rivalry :x

Looks like only 2 shinies for me this month…Although, I guess I did find 3, huh? And I guess it’s still good, seeing as January and March were 0 shinies, February and June were only 1 shiny, and May was 2. Hope I can get at least 3 shinies in August I’ll set my goals high.

Also, I hadn’t really thought about it before, but I guess at this point, even if I do find Growlithe, I’ll wait to start the Johto starters until the Black XL comes out. It’s less than 2 weeks anyways, and there’s not much of a point in taking Black 2 out for such a short time. I’ve waited this long anyways, so…I guess that means I’ll start hunting in the Abundant Shrine whenever I find Altaria.

Good luck, everyone!

EDIT: Hm, not to get too far ahead of myself, but I think after I've gotten a couple shinies at Abundant Shrine (depending on which ones), I'll move onto Lostlorn Forest or Mistralton Cave...Lostlorn mainly for Venipede (20%) for a Scolipede, though it also has 5% for Heracross who I really want, and 15% for Roselia, and if I don't already have a bunch from the Shrine, 25% Cottonee. And Mistralton has 30% Boldore, 20% Aron, and 20% Axew, so 70% chance of something I want! Oh well, just some long-term planning, I guess. I suppose I could even switch around some...Find 1 shiny at Abundant, then 1 shiny at Lostlorn, 1 at Mistralton, repeat...Seeing as 6 months of almost-every-day hunting at Virbank is getting a little tiring...
    Last edited by Cpchris; 1st August 2013 at 8:06 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Congrats to CrashandCortex on Shellos, Dangertrout on Sandshrew, Scrufox on Totodile, ohjeezitskim on Druddigon (a personal fav of mine) and WaffleKing on Ponyta.

Officially got hunt 5 up and running yesterday with 800RE's. Will continue today and see what happens. Not expecting anything as last 2 hunts were extremely short!

Good luck everyone especially MasterLeo, Cyberra, YNCRN, Cpchris, Crimson_Blazor and BenYS. Keep at it guys!
    Last edited by dan2point5; 1st August 2013 at 9:56 AM.

Congratulations to Dangertrout on Sandshrew, Scrufox86 on Totodile, ohjeezitskim on Druddigon and Waffle King on Ponyta!

I didn't do as much hunting as planned yesterday... so only 228 eggs for Mudkip now... hopefully I'll get more done today!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

What is your opinion on Nintendo giving out these shiny Dialga/Palkia/Giratina over the next couple of months?

I mean, if you've spent days SRing for a shiny Dialga, a pokemon that precious few would have, wouldn't the fact that everyone would have one at the same time (and with minimal effort) annoying - that you've 'wasted' that time and effort?

Personally, i'm looking forward to getting them, but they are no where near as special as my own home-caught shinies.

Page 289 of 938 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast