Page 343 of 889 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 22209

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Curse the useless, inactive GTS with its impossible trades! And curse myself for not bothering to download the rest of my EV-reducing berries before they shut down the dream world.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    Curse the useless, inactive GTS with its impossible trades! And curse myself for not bothering to download the rest of my EV-reducing berries before they shut down the dream world.
    The Dream World isn't shut down. It's down for maintenance. It goes live again on October 12, the day X and Y come out. After that, it will be live until December 10. After December 10, you won't be able to tuck in Pokemon anymore. So you have until December 10 to get all of your EV-reducing berries.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    The Dream World isn't shut down. It's down for maintenance. It goes live again on October 12, the day X and Y come out. After that, it will be live until December 10. After December 10, you won't be able to tuck in Pokemon anymore. So you have until December 10 to get all of your EV-reducing berries.
    Oh alright, thanks. Guess I glossed over the December date somehow. I wonder if they're running some X/Y related promos- or maybe they just want to give people one last shot at Gen V DW abilities once knowledge about X/Y comes to light.

edit: thought I read something about Dream World points being converted to PokeMiles for X/Y, so I'm thinking of doing the boring mini-games one last time to see what it'll net me.

GTS is still dead- with all the information leaking about X/Y's content, I would have assumed that people would do some last-minute breeding. That's what I'm doing. I'm severely disappointed in what I've seen of Gen VI's new pokes. Taking solace in the previous 5 gens and thinking about rounding out my collection with pokemon that can mega-evolve.

Speaking of X/Y, it's been pointed out that we will have no information on shiny sprites/models other than what people discover themselves. If anyone fills in those gaps, it should be us! So let's go absolutely bazonkers next week and get those pics!
    Last edited by JohnNiles; 4th October 2013 at 4:53 PM.

I'm still hatching charmanders (in chargestone cave now), but still nothing sparkly to report
    I'm about ready to give up on this hunt and switch to something I can multi-task with, like Raichu.
    I need a regular male for my dex, a shiny female for my dex and I was seriously considering breeding a competitive one with HP Ice.
    I just can't decide on teammates to go with it >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

I've decided to join the community hunt and search for a shiny in Chargestone cave. I'm also considering resetting my White game to do a badgequest. Unfortunately, my mom has decided that I'll have to wait until my birthday (Which is in November) to get X, so my hunt for Fennekin will have to be postponed....

Congrats on the Chikorita, Cpchris!

And congratulations and good luck to everyone else!
    DIE, PIKACHU. DIE.
    (Yes, I do hate Pikachu...)
    My White 2 Friend Code: 2194 5852 2842

Got the key for Iceberg chamber 2 weeks ago. Since I have shiny charm I'm SR for Shiny Regice. About 700 SR so far...
    I'm around 1500 SR for my shiny Rayquaza.
    Hopefully I'll get at least one of 'em before X&Y
    Shiny Trophy Collection: , , - Perfect 5IV , , , &

Current Shiny Hunt: Y: MM 5IV Adamant (3230 - 3380 eggs) || SS Shiny
    3DS FC: eiger 2466-2804-0760 with
    Visit Bkdevils Shop for 5IV & Egg Moves: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-IV-Trade-Shop

I Have Claimed Carracosta!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Good luck with that interview, ohjeezitskim
    Thanks! I just called because they called me an hour ago. He needed me to reschedule because he had no coverage for the next couple of days! But I have till Sunday to improve my knowledge skills on video games/consoles to impress them! xD

Also congrats to you on Chikorita! Hoping you get that Growlithe soon :C Don't paused it! You'll get it soon :3

I'm thinking of dual hunting today since I have ALL the time today xD SS RE/HG SR
    I RE'd yesterday in SS for about 3 hours? No luck D: I was doing that while watching origins, it's soo good. Really wish it was a longer series!
    I really don't want a rattata, but i'd take that over a ditto. I love ditto, and it's shiny color, but for a BQ I don't want one xD
    Really want an abra, but I have ONE chance (no wifi to get me a taunter or something else) I'll be using an ultra ball, that would be the best ball for it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    So, anyone else going to Badge Quest their first playthrough of X or Y? I could do with some company...
    I mentioned a few times through out the past few months that I was doing one!
    I'm getting both X&Y and doing a BQ in Y!
    Last edited by ohjeezitskim; 5th October 2013 at 1:00 AM.
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

X/Y shiny count: 38

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Hunting

Soon

Well, got my second shiny at virbank complex, shiny magby :/...it's not a pokemon or shiny that I'm interested in, but it has a mild nature and 30 IVs in speed. Decent trade fodder if I ever get my wifi trading capabilities back at home. The only other target I want is shiny magnemite..I'm going to keep going until I get that

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...ps3f92bd35.jpg
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

So, since my last post, I've hatched about 330 more eggs. Still no shiny. -.- I think the shortness of my Absol hunt may have made me think this would go faster than it is. Hopefully I can at least get it before X and Y.

Congratulations and good luck to everyone else!

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

So, anyone else going to Badge Quest their first playthrough of X or Y? I could do with some company...

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    Quick Question: My next hunt is going to be an RE hunt, but I don't know where to do it in case I find one that is only a shade different.
    What I need is a Shinydex arranged by location.
    Something like This Serrebi page but with the Shiny Forms instead.
    Know anything like that?
    Unfortunately, a shiny Pokearth does not exist at present... Your best bet is to take the shiny sprites and put them into their routes on a Word document or something...

For example...

Route 1

It'll take a while, but it's the best you can do...
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 4th October 2013 at 11:07 PM.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,000 SRs

Quick Question: My next hunt is going to be an RE hunt, but I don't know where to do it in case I find one that is only a shade different.
    Know anything like that?
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Know anything like that?

Unfortunately, a shiny Pokearth does not exist at present... Your best bet is to take the shiny sprites and put them into their routes on a Word document or something...

For example...

It'll take a while, but it's the best you can do...
    This is a good idea. If you do that, I'd recommend that you paste the normal sprites alongside the shiny ones, like you see on this page: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/528.shtml You should be able to tell the difference between the normal and shiny sprites better if you have both in front of you. Just make sure you keep the labels!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Know anything like that?
    If you know what route your going to be hunting on (do you have a specific target?), check to see if any of the shiny Pokémon look really similar to their originals. Then I go to serebiis pokedex because it shows the shiny sprite next to the original. Then I look at the shiny to find something that's different, like maybe the shinys spots or ear color will differentiate it from the original.

Or just use pokearth and click on the pic of the pokemon to see its shiny sprite and then hit the back button to do the same for the rest of the pokemon on the route
    Last edited by Birds of Paradise; 5th October 2013 at 3:03 AM.
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Congrats to Birds of Paradise on Magby (I feel your pain!)!

Thanks for the congrats, ~Sam~, Mew’s Spirit, and ohjeezitskim!

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    Hoping you get that Growlithe soon :C Don't paused it! You'll get it soon :3
    Well, I don’t want to pause it, but I have 3 systems to hunt with, and once X/Y come out, one system will have X, another will have Y, and that leaves me with just one system left =\ And since I’d really like to complete my Platinum BQ, I’m going to stick with that for now.

I’ll be doing a BQ once I’ve SRed for two of the Kanto starters, which who knows how long that’s going to be…I’m just not sure if I want to SR for a Kalos starter =\ I feel like I should for a BQ, but I just really wish I liked the final evos more…I’ve been thinking more about SRing Fennekin and not evolving it, or Froakie and leaving it at Frogadier.
    ------------------

I did 600 REs on Platinum/Black 2 and 400 REs on HeartGold. 34,900 REs on Platinum and 12,100 REs on Black 2.

I started EV training my Chikorita (even though none of them are really ‘worthy’ enough to demand it), and beat the first gym to break up the monotony, and so I’ll be right on track, should I find another shiny. I still have just under 100 EVs left on Bayleef (now Lv. 24), and then I might start training my other shiny starters once I have Meganium while I hunt to try to kill two birds with one stone.

I think I’d like Sentret to shine first, as I really want a shiny HMer ASAP to start putting HMs and such on before I need to start using them to progress, and I like Furret in general.

I’m working a double starting at 11 tomorrow…Plus a haircut, and my sister’s visiting, so no time to hunt tomorrow except for maybe after work, or 100 before work possibly.

Good luck, everyone!

EDIT: Just curious what others' opinions are about something...In other general-pokemon discussions, people seem to think using a masterball on a shiny is pointless and a waste...To me, this just seems like a really stupid thing to think. There's nothing you'd need a masterball for that's rarer than a shiny. If you mess up catching a legendary, you can just SR and try it again. I mean, if someone thinks a masterball is worth enough that it'd be wasted if used on a shiny pokemon, then how can they think it's worth it to use it on a guaranteed pokemon with essentially infinite chances to catch it? Like am I missing something? It just baffles me that people think this way.
    Last edited by Cpchris; 5th October 2013 at 4:43 AM.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,700 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

This is a page that I find quite useful for comparing shiny vs normal. You hover over the image and it swaps to the normal and you can hover on and off to compare.
    http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/shiny
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelai View Post
    This is a page that I find quite useful for comparing shiny vs normal. You hover over the image and it swaps to the normal and you can hover on and off to compare.
    http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/shiny
    Thats pretty handy. Better than using the Serebii Pokedex.

Yesterday I hammered out 600 REs for Venipede. I also found my USB charger for my Dsi and 3DS finally so I can charge while playing while watching Zeldathon on twitch. Going to try and hammer out at least 400 more REs now.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Firstly congrats on your recent shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    EDIT: Just curious what others' opinions are about something...In other general-pokemon discussions, people seem to think using a masterball on a shiny is pointless and a waste...To me, this just seems like a really stupid thing to think. There's nothing you'd need a masterball for that's rarer than a shiny. If you mess up catching a legendary, you can just SR and try it again. I mean, if someone thinks a masterball is worth enough that it'd be wasted if used on a shiny pokemon, then how can they think it's worth it to use it on a guaranteed pokemon with essentially infinite chances to catch it? Like am I missing something? It just baffles me that people think this way.
    I agree with you.
    I never used a Masterball on a plain legendary(aside my Latias on Emerald).
    I had thoughts of trading away my masterball.
    But once when pokeradaring I stumbled across a shiny Beldum.
    My Magneton was too overpowered to weaken it , so I just went with thunder wave. After throwing 20 balls at it ,it started struggling and left it self with ~1-5% health. So I used a masterball just to make sure that I will not lose it.
    And that reminds me Volcanic Typhlosion go for your beldum and don't give up.
    As for me my Lapras MM is going almost as planned.
    I am at 540 eggs now and planning to hatch 16 boxes this weekend.
    Lets hope that it will shine by then.
    Good luck to everyone else.

3DS FC: 1779 1755 8755

Just a question, where are you guys getting your shiny cards? I want one for my sig that looks nice and I have no photoshop skills.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    Just a question, where are you guys getting your shiny cards? I want one for my sig that looks nice and I have no photoshop skills.
    Good question. I'd like one, too, but I have no skills with photoshop or any other art program, and my computer can't run them anyway.

I'm close to 7,400 REs in Chargestone Cave now. I used my Lucario to lure out a nosepass that has Magnet Pull, so I can try for the steel-type shinies at some point. Have been pondering taking a break to battle trainers and train up my raichu so I can send it to White 2 and double hunt, but I'm a little on the fence about it. Mostly because my older DS's battery drains quickly and takes a while to recharge.
    Regigigas fan

Spoiler:- Recent Shinies ^_^:

I have claimed Metroplex (TF:FoC) and Darksiders

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Hey guys and girls! Hope everyone's well and looking forward to next Saturday! Not long to go now! Sorry I haven't been posting much, I don't mean to neglect you guys. It just ended up that way as I've been desperately SRing over and over and over again for every spare moment of my day when I'm not busy doing other typical things that we all have to do! It has been a long time since I've posted last and would be a gargantuan task trying to mention each and every shiny that was captured or hatched along the way, but I have read through them all, and witnessed the frustration that you and everyone else and I have shared, and also seen the triumphs, too. And were they great motivation or what?!

So, yeah, Congratulations to EVERYONE who caught a shiny since my last post!

I know I've mentioned this before and the question has come up again and again, but I am definitely going to try my best to find a shiny starter in 6th gen before I begin my adventure. Good luck to everyone else who is going to attempt this and let's all try to encourage each other as much as we can. I know it means something to me when I feel that people are pushing me to go forwards ... and that very thing occurred for me a few times over the last few months.

I also felt like quitting at one point, but the kind people in the shiny chat urged me to push on, so thanks Aqua, Rovert, Crash, The Master, RA, Ceecee. Also, thank you for the discussions we had. It helped during the hunts. Also, thanks to people on Serebii for their messages, pushing me on: The Prince of May, Cp, CoD, Paddy, etc. I am so sorry if I forgot anyone! Also, is this Oscar worthy or what?!

So, it's ABOUT #%$^$%^@% TIME!!! This hunt has been awful, but I do understand that there are people out there who have had worse hunts than I have, and I've probably had longer hunts myself. I just really absolutely hated the length of the SRs, and I knew that I was putting in the effort and SRing for multiple hours per day, but Bianca's tee heeing was beginning to get to me and it was dragging on way too much.

Last night I asked someone whether I should change my ID one final time before Pokémon XY are released. They said yes. I was still a little iffy about doing it, but I thought, "What the heck, I'm just going to do it." I've hunted this thing for, what, 3 months now? Yeah, I changed my IDs a little, but the last time I switched IDs I kept it for weeks. It just did not want to shine, however. So, that's why I thought that I had nothing to lose.

Stupid me, though. I probably spent an hour looking for an interesting ID when, hey, what does it really matter in the end? One ID popped up, 20009, and I considered it, but then I thought, "Nah, stuff it. Keep going." Anyway, after a few more attempts, the ID 06060 appeared and I thought, "Bingo. I like it, and it seems like a nice ID to stick with."

And so, I began to SR, but I was also surfing Gamefaqs and reading the villager adoption thread there. I was having wifi issues on my 3DS and trying to sort that out, so I was constantly putting the DS in sleep mode while I typed replies or tried different suggestions that people made. (My Wifi is still screwy and I don't know why and it worries me with XY just around the corner.)

So, I flipped open my 3DS this one time, and saw Bianca's Tepig drop out of his Pokeball. The same thing many of us have seen many times before. And then I put my fingers close to the start and select buttons and waited, reading to SR. But what, wait a sec? Huh? No way, that blue is really bright, and what?! OMG, sparkles!!! Oh, ohhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! My heart started racing and I could not believe what I was seeing. But at the same time, there it was as plain as the nose on my face! I was shaking. It was probably a combination of excitement and relief!!!

So, yes, about twenty minutes after changing my ID, I found (Taken with my 3DS!):

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/4682/ai4o.jpg
    http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6893/2r0g.jpg

I only had a week to go.

And wow, is this the first time I can say COMMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE?

Finn is now fully EV trained and level 51 and beating Burgh's bugs. I think he looks so gorgeous on the DS screen. The colours are really nice.

Anyway, thanks for reading this, and good luck to everyone who is currently hunting and is about to hunt in XY. I can't wait!
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 5th October 2013 at 9:19 AM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

ok, after 3469 RE after my last shiny sewaddle, and after 161RE in Chargestone Cave, i found a shiny joltik

gentle nature, often dozes off
    COMUNITY HUNT COMPLETE!!
    congrats on your recent shinies everyone and good luck on your current hunt
    Last edited by ArdhiS; 5th October 2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Black 2 shinies
    RE
    MM

3DS Friend Code : 0275-9038-5696

Congratulations on all the latest shinies!

I've really been increasing my SRing rate quite a bit recently, so I've now reached 6,666 SRs for Lugia and I'm still going. I hope it'll shine soon, but I'm not over the odds yet.

Good luck, everyone!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Okay, my shiny Solosis has now finally evolved into a purple/blue blob of pure awesomeness, also known as Cyto, the Reuniclus. My next MM will be to reclaim that Shiny Manectric which ran away from me in the HeartGold Safari Zone and thus sent me into an emo state for the rest of the day.

I'm currently at 39 eggs and all Electrikes hatched are still green, but have egg moves of Thunder, Thunderbolt and Switcheroo, so not bad. With the Oval Charm and the Shiny Charm with me, I hope to find the Blue Electrike before Pokemon X and Y come out. Good luck to everyone with their hunts and good luck to me too!
    Hydreigon Modest Natured 252 EVs into Special Attack and 31 IVs in Special Attack uses Draco Meteor with Dragon Gem?

Spheal with it

*awkwardly shuffles into thread*

Hi everyone... it's been a long time again, but massive congrats to everyone who's found a shiny lately!

So I told myself I wanted to finally complete a community hunt last month... but once again, I couldn't quite do it. I ended September with 7500 encounters in the Desert Resort and no shiny; yesterday I passed the odds, and I'm now at 8400 encounters. This is now my second-longest hunt of my BQ, and my longest shiny drought since I got Snivy back in June (I know it's not nearly as long as some of you have had, but it's a bit disappointing nonetheless). However, I did get four each of the shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina events, so that's something. Now I'm just hoping that something shines before X and Y come out, because if it doesn't, it's going to be a while until I pick up the BQ again. I'd try to reset for a starter in XY, but I know I won't have the patience for it. XD

So, good luck to all on your hunts, and here's to another amazing generation of shiny hunting!

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

I got the two giratina's from gamestop, going to find good natures for them later and soft reset until I get good natures. one for orgin form, other for regular. I don't know why I bother since no ingame thing allows me to use it and no one will let me use them in battle but honestly it's a waste of a legendary if it isn't properly trained.

Page 343 of 889 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast