Page 743 of 912 FirstFirst ... 643693733739740741742743744745746747753793843 ... LastLast
Results 18,551 to 18,575 of 22796

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Hi, congrats on all new shinies! I finally have a shiny after over a month! I was in normal FS and after around 40 mins of REs i found shiny female Lillipup!
    01.jpg
    May Day hunt completed! CH 1/2 completed.
    It's not good for competitive play but at least i'll have a cool pick up pokemon!
    Good luck on all your hunts!
    Latest Shiny
    5/7/2014
    Friend Safari

My luck with non-FS RE shinies continues. Yesterday, while hunting for Shelmet I found a pink female Quagsire. Just now, while hunting for Roselia I found a shiny orange flower Flabebe. My first birthday shiny! It's not the Treecko I am MMing for, but I'll take it.
    Pre- Y Shinies:

SR -

MM -

RE -

Gift/Event -

Trade -

Hmmm, my luck seems to have been sucked up by the Sentret.
    I have two hunts over the odds by now (FS in X and SR in W2)
    Plus my Pearl BQ will go over the odds today or tomorrow, if it hasn't already.
    I haven't really been counting, but I'm getting near the 80 hour mark there.
    I think I may just scrap the Pearl BQ after all

edit - but my game is cursed!
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 8th May 2014 at 6:05 PM.
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Hmmm, my luck seems to have been sucked up by the Sentret.

I think I may just scrap the Pearl BQ after all
    Noooo you made me start a 2nd BQ! you better stay in it with me haha :P
    Friend Safari pokemon: Cascoon - Ariados - Drapion.
    FC: 2363-6677-0134
    Latest Shiny:
    Heartgold BQ:
    Soul Silver BQ:
        Spoiler:- Current Shinies & hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by nickM View Post
    OMG

after almost 4000 soft resets i got a SECOND shiny cyndaquil!
    This time on my soul silver!

I'm wondering if i should do a double badge quest hmm...

I hate you lol. I did that once, and only once since I got to almost 13k soft resets and just didn't have it in me anymore. Haha. Knowing my luck, I would have got Chikorita, which would have been the only one I wouldn't have wanted to start with. Theres always that 'doubt' that I skipped over one since I mashed the A button two or three times too far and picked the first pokemon on the screen. Darn TV.

I haven't been on the shiny hunt for a long time since giving up X and Y for Diablo III. But The last shiny I did get I was horde encountering for a shiny Taillow. I was into the night thinking it'd never happen after believing the odds of the Taillow horde written on Bulbapedia. Sure enough there it was! It was one of those shinies that you just look at mindlessly and don't realise what has happened. I don't have a pic to upload at the moment sadly

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

Quote Originally Posted by Bambo View Post
    Super excited about the new games also curious what are people's longest shiny hunts in the friend safari so far I'm having real rotten luck I just decided to count my RE this morning and I've reached 500+ (sometimes I get into the grove and forget to keep counting) plus whatever else I got before I actually started counting my guess is around the same since I spent around 4-6 hrs there killing them as I went along. I'm hoping at least something will shine but I'm crossing my fingers for an Ivysaur. Although Sunkern and Gogoat(especially him are equal as cool). Congratulations on everyone's recent shinies.
    I did 5K in FS for a Noibat before getting fed up and quitting. I then started a hunt (in the FS still) for a Shiny Bergmite and had done 2k encounters. My brother goes into a random safari to find what it has, and BAM, his first encounter is a Shiny Bergmite. Needless to say, I now hate my FS luck...
    Too much water guys!

Well there's my first accidentally MM'd shiny! Lovely Female Harvest Phantump... 3IV missing Att [darn] and SpDef. 0IV in Speed deliberately though :P

I have named her Olive, mainly because that was the first tree I could think of that's also a girls' name! She was the 31st Phantump I've hatched and around 100-105 in total from all the eggs I've been breeding for competitive with the Japanese Ditto.
    Last edited by AmazingChi; 8th May 2014 at 7:48 PM.
    Latest Shiny - Luvdisc
    Shiny Dex: 52
    FC: 0146-9884-2064 / Fighting Type: Riolu, Mienfoo and Sawk.
    ~
    Shadow Stars Psychic Gym Leader / Master League Ghost Gym Leader / PokeGyms Bug Gym Leader

Hello everyone!

It's been a very, very long time since I last came to these forums, but with the omega ruby and alpha sapphire games announced, I got flared up to play my games again. Not sure why I took a break as long as I did, but dont we all need a break sometimes?

So, now that I'm completely out of the shiny hunting loop.. I decided I'll start back up by doing a Badgequest in White2/Black2. I noted down both games because my first hunt will be a dual hunt in both games. The game that gives me a shiny first will be the game I'll do my badgequest on. I just wanted to hop back in with a dual hunt, as I find those more fun to do personally ^^

I hope you'll all welcome me back into the thread, and happy hunting! \o/

Pokémon White 2 Badgequest:

Congratulations to Nerdboyiam on Gulpin, Minun and Hoppip; mellowrush on Torchic; nickM on Eevee and Cyndaquil; TheMaster327 on Murkrow; Navarch on Zigzagoon; Master Leo on Hawlucha, Inkay and the starters; maldoror on Karrablast, Quagsire and Flabebe; Cyberra on Electrode; Bolt the Cat on Stunky; Super Pichu Fan on Delphox; Greedy Chibi on Ekans; Roseheart95 on Chikorita; Misjie on Eevee; Keovix on Giratina; ohjeezitskim on Ralts; AmazingChi on Phantump, and everyone else on your shinies!

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Right now, we can only hack-check in Gen VI the way we did in Gen V. You can always look up the OT/ID on PokeCheck for your Elekid. Other than that, you should visit the Hack-Check Thread to get better help with your Elekid.
    Thanks for the link, I couldn't for the life of me find the hack check thread when I went looking. Guess it didn't occur to me to check Fifth Gen.

---

I'm still doing my hunt for Squirtle, but nothing's shone for me yet. I did hatch a flawless 6IV female bulletproof Chespin that I'll be using to MM a shiny one though.
    I mostly just posted to congratulate people.

Spoiler:- Badge Quests:

Cyberra, that electrode looks really cute
    Congrats to: zed3 for lillipup, maldoror for quagsire and flabebe (lucky indeed), rinni for taillow, amazinchi for Phantump (one I really like).

I think I'll take a break from shiny hunting, cause I need some time to figure things out with my thesis and all those serious stuff around it....That being said I'll soon start a BQ with soul silver, while in pokemon y I'll breed some pokemon for competitive purposes (maybe something will shine whilst doing this :-))

Good luck to everyone on your challenges, especially to nakashima on your quest(s) and to Dangertrout, I hope you'll both find sparkles, and soon ^_^
    Latest awesome shiny ^_^

I'm taking a break on Y version to go back to Soul Silver and try resetting for a shiny Groudon. Before I could do that I had to beat Red and I barely managed. I did it and am now going for Groudon.
    My Shinies:

Congrats to Keovix on Giratina, Zekromaster826 on Heracross, Rain Dance on Corsola, ohjeezitskim on Ralts (shame it hasn't got those IVS though!), mellowrush on Snover, LopunnyBunny on Minccino, Zed3 on Lillipup, maldoror on Quagsire and Flabebe, AmazingChi on Phantump, and anyone else I might have missed!

I'm at 1179 eggs for Igglybuff currently, going at a pace of around 4 boxes collected and hatched per day (of course, with school dumped straight in the middle). I don't particularly mind this hunt being long statistic wise, I just really want it to shine before I go on holiday (24th) so I can start a BQ. Plus the next two weeks I've got GCSEs.... ah, I really don't know. I don't want to stop shiny hunting over this time but it's impossible to multi-task revising and egg collecting/hatching. I can SR and RE when I'm writing stuff though, and therefore will probably do more of my Cranidos hunt, which sits currently at a small 455 SRs.

Also I found out that 2dses are around Ł90, which is pleasantly surprising because I thought they'd be more. I'm not sure what my parents would think if I brought another DS though.

Good luck everybody!

On Hold
    Cranidos: 19,001 Soft Resets, Platinum
    Surskit: 3,100 Encounters, Platinum
    Current Hunts
    Eterna Forest: 32,800 Encounters, Diamond and Pearl (Phase 4)

Gratz to Jessara on Caterpie, maldoror on Bronzong, Karrablast, Flabebe, and Quagsire, Cyberra on Pawniard and Electrode, nickM on Latias, Eevee, and Cyndaquil, StrongBad456 on Tepig, blue8rman on Honedge, Iwanuq on Cyndaquil, pokemaster13 on Metapod, ClipOwl on Carbink, mellowrush on Torchic, TheMaster327 on Murkrow, Navarch on Zigzagoon, Super Pichu Chan on Fennekin, Greedy Chibi on Ekans, Roseheart95 on Chikorita, Misjie on Eevee, sonjamjams on Torchic, Keovix on Giratina, ohjeezitskim on Ralts (can I plz have ur MM luck!?), Amazing Chi on Phantump, and everyone else!

----------------

Dat Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! I will most definitely be doing a BQ for these games (not sure which I'm gonna get just yet.), I'll probably SR for Mudkip, can't wait! So, is anyone else planning to do a BQ for these remakes?

--------

No shinies for me yet. Route 14 for my BQ is at ~2.6k encounters, so still in the early stages here. However, Spritzee is now at 1,955 eggs >.<! I'll probably be in the 2k's by the end of today, but maybe I'll get it before then?? doubt it!

Anyways, good luck everyone; especially Dangertrout on that BQ, don't you dare give up now! I'll never understand why people quit hunts after putting so much effort into it. To me, the longer the hunt, the more determined I get.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Supremacy View Post
    Dat Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! I will most definitely be doing a BQ for these games (not sure which I'm gonna get just yet.), I'll probably SR for Mudkip, can't wait! So, is anyone else planning to do a BQ for these remakes?
    Oh, of course. I always BQ new games. I'll be getting Omega Ruby.
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS Extra

3,878 SRs COMPLETE

Shuppet and Pumpkaboo are really taking their time. I am around 850 REs in, I really hope is doesn't' take much longer. I really want to start hunting for the CH

Congrats on the new shinies everyone!!

Welp, I feel quite relieved at the moment. Decided randomly to take a break from schoolwork and chain Inkay. I got the chain up to 40 faster than ever before; however, this is when my luck ran out! I spent the next 50 MINUTES (I was counting and could not believe it took that long) resetting for the shiny patch before it finally appeared, the whole while thinking that I had done something wrong or missed the patch already. It's all good since I did end up catching her, but talk about 50 minutes of high stress and anxiety. Haha.

Also! I finally picked a target that I am going to stick to: Tynamo! I'm Static+Repel Tricking in Seaside Cave in B2. Pretty good so far: 95% of the pokemon I encounter are Tynamo, with a couple of Boldores here and there.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 6221 2180
    Dragon Friend Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, Druddigon.

Spoiler:- My Shinies:

@ClipOwl: Good look with Squirtle and Chespin!

@Mellowrush: Thanks! ^^ I'll be trying for sure.

@StrongBad456: Good luck on Groudon! We all need a switch of targets at times =3

@Keane: Real life always comes first, try your best on those GCSEs! That said, I hope something shines for you soon ^^

@Supremacy: I'm thinking of doing a BQ with one of them while playing through the other.. though my fiancee might steal my 2nd game before i get a chance to claim it to play through with xP Definately doing a BQ though. Hope Spiritzee shines for you soon!

@ShiningKnightXY: 850 isnt a lot yet! Thatd be a real quick hunt imo xP

@professorj15: Congrats on the Inkay! And good luck on Tynamo =] Hope you get it!

-----------

I just finished doing my first 100 SR's for Tepig, obviously nothing yet xP Was hoping to get the SR's done quicker, as I'm used to having 2 systems.. But apparantly, I left my DS phat in America.. Darnitdarnitdarnit =[ Ah well, can retrieve it in 3 weeks time. Tempted to pick up a 3DS XL though, not gnna lie.

Pokémon White 2 Badgequest:

Got a shiny Roggenrola from a Horde in Reflection Cave. This is just ridiculous now, I'm not even surprised by shinies anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I was using Masuda Method with Dratini(Spain) and Ditto and got a shiny Dratini in the 6th egg, but I quit after 5 eggs(This was my first time using MM, I said this is not for me and just quit) and then took the 6th egg just for the hell of it, I even took Dratini and Ditto out of the day care after taking the 6th egg, then it hatched a shiny, it was so cool I could not believe my eyes lol. Then the same day I tried my luck with a female Growlithe and Vulpix(Japanese) and got a shiny Growlithe in the 53rd egg. I am now trying it with a female Charmander and a male French Charmander and have hatched about 300+ eggs with no luck. I wish I had a shiny charm but it's impossible for me to catch all 705 pokemon needed.

Oh and the shiny Dratini was Adamant male cause it was an adamant Ditto holding an everstone. Shiny Growlithe was also Adamant with Intimidate ability. It's really nice to have two of my fave pokemon in shiny form.
    Last edited by Kelv; 9th May 2014 at 7:35 AM.
    Internet, Serious Business.

Friend Code: 5129 - 0438 - 6704
    Fairy Type: Mawile, Floette, Kirlia

OMG I can't believe this I'm totally freaking out. I've been at this since 2011 and I can't believe it's finally happened. Seeing this beauty scroll across the screen felt completely unreal, what luck to get her just after RS remakes were announced!

I've reset FAR more than this, but on the 1000th SR, guess who finally shone?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps04090405.png

(You can barely see the sparkles )

And my Timid synch worked!!! Omg omg I'm so happy and so glad that it's finally over. I'm scared to turn my game off :P I've saved at least 3 times!

Summary:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps2d6a46e0.png Caught her in a master ball because I was way too scared of losing her!
    Last edited by Super Pichu Chan; 9th May 2014 at 11:59 AM.
    3DS FC: 1177-6536-6585, my friend safari is Grass and contains Tangela, Sawsbuck and Quilladin!

Round 2 for pachirisu has come up empty. I'm going to sleep, then start collecting more eggs for round 3.

Not much going on worth mentioning in Y. Busily picking on ice-types to level up my delphox, as he is now underleveled in comparison to the rest of my team.

Quite a bit of congratulating to catch up on, it seems everyone is as busy as usual!! Sorry for the wall of text.
    Congrats to Kean on the Wurmple (I hope the pokemon you're looking for shines next!), Zekromaster826 on the Gligar, Ivysaur, Growlithe, and Heracross, Supremacy on the Eevee and Machop, Mellowrush on the double Heracross (hopefully what you're looking for shines next too), the Torchic, and the Snover, Meowth City on the Spritzee (i'm sorry about your kirlia! hopefully one will shines again), Kingzard on the Growlithe, Keyblade_Club on the double Stunky, KingSnorlax on the Pinsir, Ardhis on all of your shinies!, Silver_Phoenix on your Ponyta, ShachonianX on the Druddigon, Eiger on the Froakie, Dangertrout on the Wooper and Sentret, Jessara on the Caterpie, Maldoror on the Pachirisu, Karrablast, Quagsire, and Flabebe, Cyberra on the Pawniard and Electrode, Professorj15 on the Kirlia and Inkay, NickM on the Latias, Eevee, and Cyndaquil, StrongBad456 on the Tepig, Blue8arman on the Honedge, Iwanuq on the Cyndaquil, Pokemaster13 on the Metapod, Clip0wl on the Carbink, Nerdboyiam on the Minun, Shinyclauncher1234 on all of your shinies!, TheMaster327 on the Murkrow, Navarch on the Zigzagoon, Bolt the Cat on the Stunky and Roggenrola, Super Pichu Fan on the Fennekin and Latias, Greedy Chibi on the Ekans, Roseheart95 on the Chikorita, Misjie on the Eevee, Keovixon the Giratina, Ohjeezitskim on the Ralts, LopunnyBunny on the Dunsparce and Minccino, Zed3 on the Lillipup, AmazingChi on the Phantump, and Kelv on all your shinies!
    Especially to Super Pichu Fan for the Latias! I'm glad you finally got her, she's a beautiful shiny. Makes me want to SR for her too. And welcome back Nakashima!

I mostly wanted to congratulate everyone. No shiny news from me, I haven't been MMing much recently (I'm preparing a doubles team for the competition coming soon) but I have a question. If you find a shiny in a horde, does the shiny sparkles and noise still happen? I'm afraid of fainting one without realising while EV training with hordes.

私は愛していますトウコ♥メイとセレナ♥サナ!!
    i love touko/mei and serena/sana!!

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by professorj15 View Post
    Congrats on the new shinies everyone!!

Welp, I feel quite relieved at the moment. Decided randomly to take a break from schoolwork and chain Inkay. I got the chain up to 40 faster than ever before; however, this is when my luck ran out! I spent the next 50 MINUTES (I was counting and could not believe it took that long) resetting for the shiny patch before it finally appeared, the whole while thinking that I had done something wrong or missed the patch already. It's all good since I did end up catching her, but talk about 50 minutes of high stress and anxiety. Haha.
    Don't worry, that happened with my Pikachu and again with my shiny Goomy reclaim :3 so worth it though

anyway i've been on/off hatching Trapinch and going into the friend safari, did a LOT of REs today and found nothing.

I go into another safari and find a shiny Drowzee (on like, 7 REs). She's okay, but.... Not my Trapinch ;-; maybe i can use drowzee to hypnotise the shiny Trapinch into coming out of the grass.....
    hey look I found my password! I haven't been on Serebii since who knows when, so I apologize if I'm a little noobish c:

I currently have no shinies for trade, my X Save File was corrupted and I lost a total of 67 Shinies. I'm trying to reclaim these at the moment.

Edit: on a long road to recovering shinies. I have reclaimed my Goodra, Ampharos, and Whimsicott. Currently working on Vanillite.

TSV: 2454

I want to come on and congratulate everyone as well! Kingzard, congratulations on getting that growlithe so quickly, I remember you said you were prepared for a long hunt for the two fire pups! Good luck on psyduck/vulpix if you're still hunting those. Super Pichu that is a wonderful latias, congratulations! Nakashima, welcome back and good luck on your badge quest!
    Also good luck to everyone, it seems quite a few people have got some stubborn hunts at the moment. I hope something shines for you soon, Dangertrout. I've started to properly get the experience of a slow badge quest mon now. After my first two very quick ones which I got after just a few days, I have been stuck in the game corner now for over a week. Currently at 2,820 SRs, which is 14,100 pokemon seen, and at approx. 81 % chance of having encountered one. I was expecting this to be fairly quick in the beginning (probably due to my previous luck) and started losing hopes around 1000 SRs, but now my motivation is back up and I'm enjoying reaching high numbers and really not expecting anything to shine quite yet. To spice it up a bit every 500 resets I pick up a slowpoke egg and then hatch five when I pick up the fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by geag-a View Post
    If you find a shiny in a horde, does the shiny sparkles and noise still happen? I'm afraid of fainting one without realising while EV training with hordes.
    When I encountered psyduck it did sparkle like normally, yes. I've been wondering about something sort of similar though, as occasionally a horde will show only 3-ish of the pokemon, and I've been worrying that if a shiny appears on the periphery it will be hard to spot... does anyone know if this is a possibility?
    Current HG BQ:

hung from the underbelly of the earth,
    while the stars skid away, below,
    gormless and brakeless, gravel-loose,
    falling silent as gavels in the snow

Quote Originally Posted by Solfatara View Post
    When I encountered psyduck it did sparkle like normally, yes. I've been wondering about something sort of similar though, as occasionally a horde will show only 3-ish of the pokemon, and I've been worrying that if a shiny appears on the periphery it will be hard to spot... does anyone know if this is a possibility?
    I find the best thing to focus on when horde hunting is to watch for the slight darkening of the screen when a shiny appears. If you are paying attention, it is pretty noticeable.

While continuing my Roselia hunt, I found a shiny Ducklett yesterday evening. I have three Swanna from FS, so this will remain a Ducklett.
    Pre- Y Shinies:

SR -

MM -

RE -

Gift/Event -

Trade -

Page 743 of 912 FirstFirst ... 643693733739740741742743744745746747753793843 ... LastLast