Page 1177 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 1771077112711671173117411751176117711781179118011811187 ... LastLast
Results 29,401 to 29,425 of 29891

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelai View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't SOS chain a Mareanie because to get it to spawn, you have to chain Corsola. When you have a SOS chain and a different species appears, it will not chain.
    How it works is, yes, they can chain Mareanie, just not using a Mareanie. You must have a Corsola calling allies, as a Pokemon of a different species than the original caller will NOT call help. You can still obviously chain for Mareanie, it's just a lot harder than other SOS chains.

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:

Most Recent Shiny:

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Quote Originally Posted by maldoror View Post
    I named her PrincessLeiA; a pun that made both my daughters groan.
    That's what nicknames are really all about, are they not? x)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Good for you. Maybe you'll be lucky and end up getting a shiny Mareanie later on
    Thanks! I already have a shiny Mareanie though. I MM'd a Beast Ball one with great stats and everything about a week ago.

I caught some more shinies by chain fishing in AS. Got 2x Barboach and 1x Luvdisc today. I'll probably go for all the fishable Pokémon in AS, since there's not too many anyway. They're not that impressive though, so I'll just make a little shiny fish collage after I'm done with them, instead of sharing individual pictures lol.

There's just something relaxing/satisfying about shiny hunting methods that have you pay attention a little, you know? Rather than just mindlessly cycling in circles or waiting out the starting screen.
    Last edited by xerxes; 10th January 2017 at 3:36 AM.
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

It's been a while since I've posted here, with my last update being that of shiny Rowlet, though I've since obtained a shiny Mudbray, Oricorio, Carbink, Masquerain, Espeon, Rockruff, Mareanie, Cubone, Pikipek, and Jangmo-o. It's been a rather fortunate month of hunting for me on S/M lol, though the Shiny Charm makes life a lot easier. Currently, I'm SRing for shiny Type: Null on Sun and am at over 1,300+ SRs from the past 4-5 days of hunting. I haven't really been counting exactly.

I'm waiting until I hit odds at 4,096 before I start complaining, bahaha. I'm starting to get restless, but I know most people get theirs between 2,000-3,000 SRs. I've got the Shiny Charm but I'm not entirely sure that it helps with Type: Null.
    Last edited by Completely Insanity; 10th January 2017 at 8:45 AM.
    i can't believe i'm still playing this game
    proudest shiny

3,200+ SRs

Oh I also got a shiny Finneon as you all could probably tell. This one has been my LONGEST SOS hunt ever. I'm just hoping I don't get any that go too high...

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:

Most Recent Shiny:

I just caught a shiny Rockruff here it is! It took me 172 SOS encounters. It's a male, and it's brave nature. I was hoping for a male brave nature, so that's even more awesome. This is my first shiny of 2017. I caught it in a Dive Ball as well.

I finally SOS-ed my next shiny. I caught a Poliwag, and now it is a Poliwhirl ready to be evolved into a Politoed.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

After just a handful of random encounters I ran into a shiny Granbul

Female (Nicknamed Olga)

Dropped 18 eggs in poke pelago before I head to work.. came back from work and.. the 14th egg was a shiny like wow.. lovely too ! Sweet looking shiny.

Interested in gen7 Multi battles and Battle Royales?
    Join our DiscordChannel for some jolly coop!

So I don't usually have a lot of time to play because I'm a parent of two. So I recently decided to try the shiny swap method because it would reduce the amount of time I spent on my game. Last night I was at 425 eggs and found shiny magikarp then swiftly put in rowlet. Now, I can finally move forward with my game and get shiny charm so I never have to do this again with these odds haha. It has 4 IV ( hp, atk, def, and spe) Adamant nature with haze, defog, baton pass, and ominous wind. Male. Love it.
    Last edited by Lurantis; 10th January 2017 at 8:29 PM.
    FC: 3239-5671-6159

I got my first SOS shiny yesterday, which was a Rufflet with adamant nature. I got it after 63 encounters. I was pretty happy because haven't really been lucky at all with finding shinies in Sun, especially through the SOS method. The only other shiny I've caught so far is a shiny Lycanroc (Midnight) which I found via random encounter.

EDIT: Just caught a shiny male Alola Vulpix in 31 encounters. That makes two shinies caught using the SOS system.
    Last edited by Viviaren; 10th January 2017 at 11:57 PM.
    "Power resides where men believe it resides. It's a trick. A shadow on the wall. And a very small man can cast a very large shadow."
    - Lord Varys, Game of Thrones

You know, I wasn't sold on this whole SOS shiny chain thing but it has really grown on me! Added a second shiny Pichu to the team last night (first one was for my husband, this one was for me lol) and now I'm after a Mimikyu. Congrats to everyone's recent shinies!

TEAM 1 & TEAM 2
    Drawn by me
    I take requests! PM me!
    Favorite Type(s): Grass, Poison, Ghost, Dragon
    FC: 4613-9918-5354
    Name: Chelsea

I have claimed Drampa!

Congrats to Azulart on Minior, Clarity on Fomantis, xerxes on Vulpix, maldoror on Stufful, Conquering Storm on Sandile and Litten, Azulart on Dewpider and Togedemaru, Paraqua on both Salandit and Pyukumuku, maldoror on Sandygast, Azulart on Mimikyu and Passimian, Lurantis on Magikarp/Rowlet, and everyone else on your shinies!

-------------

:| Getting really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really tired of finding useless duplicates. Phanpy was swarming today on Platinum, so I was hunting at Route 207. 40% Phanpy, leaving the remaining 60% split up among 3 pokemon – Machop, Geodude, and Ponyta. So naturally, which Pokemon decides to be shiny after 12,636 REs? Freaking 27% shiny Machop.

That leaves just 1 more game currently over odds and that’s HeartGold at 8,800 REs. Black 2 is at 1,800 REs and Platinum is at 300 REs. Hopefully I can stop finding so many useless duplicates…

Good luck, everyone (especially TheMaster327, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, ChaoticInverse, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

★★Current Shiny Hunts★★
    -Staryu; Black 2 (Undella Town): 15,700 REs
    -Ralts (Day; Route 209); Snorunt, Sneasel, Swinub, Snover (Night; Route 217); Platinum: 500 REs
    -Tauros, Gloom, Hoppip; HeartGold (Route 48): 5,800 REs

★Side Shiny hunts★
    -Charmander; HeartGold (Pallet Town): 5,300 SRs
    -Chimchar; Platinum (Route 201): 8,250 SRs

I found shiny Grubbin after long and tiring sos-battle. I was actually looking for Happiny. Not sure if it can appear in such a battle but Serebii's Pokearth seems to say so... not sure if I read it right.
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 Friend Safari: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle

Latest shiny via MM:

Has anyone had a situation where they're trying to find a rare Pokemon like a 1 or 5% encounter or a hard to find ability, but they ended up getting a shiny before that? For me, that would Ditto. I was trying to get an Imposter Ditto from the Hidden Grotto, and while waiting for it to respawn moving around in the grass I encountered a shiny Ditto
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Has anyone had a situation where they're trying to find a rare Pokemon like a 1 or 5% encounter or a hard to find ability, but they ended up getting a shiny before that? For me, that would Ditto. I was trying to get an Imposter Ditto from the Hidden Grotto, and while waiting for it to respawn moving around in the grass I encountered a shiny Ditto
    Just three days ago! I was puttering around Route 8 looking for a Stufful to chain for breeding and *pop* up jumped a tan and lavender Yungoos
    Default Signature: I need to make a new one! Mebbe a banner? Too many shinies to properly post. /sad face on

FC for ORAS: 2767-1817-3785
    Type: Poison- Muk, Cascoon, Venomoth

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    There's just something relaxing/satisfying about shiny hunting methods that have you pay attention a little, you know? Rather than just mindlessly cycling in circles or waiting out the starting screen.
    I disagree, the other methods are just as relaxing since they don't require much attention you can just chill and watch TV without having to look down so often. Plus most methods have such high odds of finding a shiny that its not really all that satisfying either.

-------

Well I've been SRing for Popplio and these SRs are brutal! I'm at 400 so far, really hoping this doesn't go over odds but my luck with starter hunts isn't that great lol.

Gratz on the recent shines and good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/20/16
    Total Shinies: 286

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon Platinum: Giratina. (SR)
    Pokemon Moon: Popplio. (SR)

Pokemon Platinum Badge Quest!

2000 SRs for Null so far and no dice yet. Being ultra-careful not to let myself default to autopilot and miss it. Actually makes me miss SRing for Zekrom a bit, since at least then there was an audio cue. My eyes start playing tricks on me after a couple hours of these Null resets.

Good luck to everyone else on their hunts, especially those of you going for starters/legends/Null.

Also, as to finding a shiny while searching for a rare, found my shiny Fearow while looking for a Green Core Minior. Not strictly rare but close enough.
    Last edited by Echo Nacyl; 12th January 2017 at 1:51 AM.
    Guzzlord has stolen my heart. Or eaten it. I'm not sure.
    Most recent hunted shiny: (SS, 5797 SRs)

Current hunt: TBD

5429-7363-5942

Congrats to xerxes on Mareanie, Meowth, Golbat, Vulpix, Feebas, Corsola, Barboach x2, and Luvdisc, Shiny Lord on Sandygast, Rockruff, Yungoos, and Mankey, Bowlbasaur on Pichu x2, Tsukuyomi56 on Carbink, Laurelai on Bonsly and Yungoos, Azulart on Cutiefly, Minior, Dewpider, Togedemaru, Mimikyu, and Passimian, kawaiiconcept on Spearow, Charoshi on Koffing and Swablu, Erron Black on Jigglypuff (nice name btw), Bergmite, and Finneon, Cpchris on Cottonee and Machop, jginz1 on Caterpie, Pikipek, Clarity on Fomantis, maldoror on Stufful, Sandygast, and Comfey, Conquering Storm on Sandile and Litten, Keovix on Bruxish, Paraqua on Rockruff, Grubbin, Ditto, Mudbray, Meowth, Salandit x2, Pyukumuku, and Granbull, Completely Insanity on Mudbray, Oricorio, Carbink, Masquerain, Espeon, Rockruff, Mareanie, Cubone, Pikipek, and Jangmo-o, NintendoFan82 on Rockruff, Auraninja on Poliwag, Lurantis on Rowlet, Viviaren on Lycanroc, Rufflet, and Vulpix, Blasting Toise on Machop, and anyone else I may have missed on your shinies!

Thanks to Cpchris for the congrats!

@RedJirachi: My favorite shiny is probably Scolipede because it's my favorite color. I just love how vibrant it is and the blue rings add a nice contrast. In general, I tend to like shinies whose colors are either dramatically different or inverted from the original (some honorable mentions include the Treecko line, Sylveon, Rowlet, and a whole bunch of others that would probably take me all night to name lol).

As for getting a random shiny before a rare encounter, my shiny Carbink was found while looking for a Murkrow for the Dex. Also, it wasn't exactly rare, but I once found a shiny Ferroseed in the Friend Safari while Synchronizing for an Impish Klefki... I caught 10 non-Impish Klefki before that. XD

I still have yet to find my first shiny of 2017, despite hunting pretty much every day since the new year. At least I only have one over-odds hunt right now, that being Santalune Forest at 4800 REs. I'm also up to 5500 SRs for Chimchar, and I'm hoping I get it soon because I started this Platinum BQ file over half a year ago. My other hunts stand at 3200 REs for Slowpoke, 2000 REs in the Giant Chasm, 2400 REs in Dragonspiral Tower, and 2200 REs in Melemele Meadow.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts, especially TheMaster327, Cyberra, and Cpchris!
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 9200 REs | White 2 BQ #8 - Giant Chasm - 11200 REs | Platinum BQ #1 - Chimchar - 10200 SRs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 600 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 - 4200 REs | Sun Trial Quest #4 - Wela Volcano Park -1000 REs

Latest shiny:

Sun TQ #3 - 4646 REs - 4/1/17

There's so many wars we've fought, and so many things we're not
    But with what we have, I promise you that we're marchin' on

Does anyone know what the shiny hunt is this month
    Fc 190809318571 ign for y Aireus
    My friend safari has electrode, zebstrika, helioptile
    In game name for omega ruby is Aaron
    In game name for sun Aireus

I have claimed Pichu and together we will change the world

so started mming rockruff just for the funs without charm still and here we go got this little guy in 36 eggs :3 I named him after cornell from castlevania ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/YJvs74R.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/M4OUSNh.jpg

I can never figure out how to post images on this thread with imgur >.>

Looking for Competitive Pokemon in matching ball choices check out my Competitive Breeding Shop!
    IGN: Allie3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008 PS Name: FairyWitch824
    My Guild~Tef Chat Site~Guild's Spread~Yugioh Club~Art Shop~Youtube Shiny Videos

Has anyone here had the luck for, when first playing their game and searching for a Pokemon they want to add to the team, they find that species...and its also shiny?
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo Nacyl View Post
    2000 SRs for Null so far and no dice yet. Being ultra-careful not to let myself default to autopilot and miss it. Actually makes me miss SRing for Zekrom a bit, since at least then there was an audio cue. My eyes start playing tricks on me after a couple hours of these Null resets.

Good luck to everyone else on their hunts, especially those of you going for starters/legends/Null.

Also, as to finding a shiny while searching for a rare, found my shiny Fearow while looking for a Green Core Minior. Not strictly rare but close enough.
    I'm right there with you on Null lol. I think I'm at nearly 3,000 SRs by the end of tonight. I've only been doing it since last Thursday night, so it's been barely a week, but I'm losing my mind looking for the bronze Null. I keep thinking that I see it, but my mind's playing tricks on me. I hope both you and I get it soon!
    i can't believe i'm still playing this game
    proudest shiny

3,200+ SRs

I'm almost to 100 eggs for shiny Litten. Knowing my luck my hunt will go over 1,000 eggs even with the shiny charm. For some reason I never have good luck with the masuda method.

Best of luck to everyone on their hunts.

@Completely Insanity
    I'll be at at least 2500 by the end of tonight. I do 500 a day minimum (I combine it with some other mindless grinding games to pass the time). I wish you luck as well. May we both find it by odds, at least.

@NintendoFan82
    Good luck with that one. I'm waiting on targeting SM starters in the hope they release HAs in the foreseeable future. Also I feel you on MM. I had no faith in it at first. I played through Black and Black2's runs trying and trying and trying to get a shiny Scraggy with no success. I'd guess I hatched at least 2500 eggs before I finally gave up. Then, of course, I got two accidental MM shinies on B2 while preparing to send things forward to Y.
    Guzzlord has stolen my heart. Or eaten it. I'm not sure.
    Most recent hunted shiny: (SS, 5797 SRs)

Current hunt: TBD

5429-7363-5942

been playing pokemon moon a lot since christmas, and have got over 73 hours now. Decided to chain dewpiders for a bit, and came across a shiny one! it's got 2 perfect IVs and it's probably the gen7 mon i wanted shiny most
    Most recent shiny:

Page 1177 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 1771077112711671173117411751176117711781179118011811187 ... LastLast