Page 1212 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 21211121162120212081209121012111212
Results 30,276 to 30,285 of 30285

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    I just decided to try the swap method for my first time this morning, as waiting for Drampa to call for help is very frustrating. I think you are just having bad luck so far. Are you 1,515 eggs in without saving your game? Or are you saving after every 30?
    I save the game, then collect and hatch 30 eggs. If nothing shines, I release the rejects, save again, and repeat. So when the shiny magikarp shows up it'll be easier for me to judge which one in the batch it was so I can switch in my jangmo-o and I won't have to hatch a bajillion more eggs that take forever to hatch

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Currently trying to hatch a shiny Rowlet. I've filled 8 boxes so far. My breeding Pokemon are both from different regions and I have the shiny charm, walking around with a Pokemon with Flame Body. I might switch to the Magikarp method, but I have a few questions.

1) Is there anything more I can do?
    2) Does the shiny charm have an effect on hatching eggs? What are the odds then? Is it 1/512?
    3) If I use the Magikarp method, does the Magikarp have to be Masuda breed as well?
    4) It doesn't matter if the name of the Pokemon is in English after evolving, only the region in the top right corner of the stats matter correct?
    5) To do the Masuda, both Pokemon don't need to be the same right? Example; (Japan)Togekiss + Rowlet = Profit?
    6) Does a Starter Pokemon have less chance of being shiny? Are their different rates with different Pokemon?

I'm at work but when I have a minute I'll read through this forum. I need encouragement because I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.
    Blood is thicker then water... but not as refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unova Yorker View Post
    Currently trying to hatch a shiny Rowlet. I've filled 8 boxes so far. My breeding Pokemon are both from different regions and I have the shiny charm, walking around with a Pokemon with Flame Body. I might switch to the Magikarp method, but I have a few questions.

2) Does the shiny charm have an effect on hatching eggs? What are the odds then? Is it 1/512?
    3) If I use the Magikarp method, does the Magikarp have to be Masuda breed as well?
    4) It doesn't matter if the name of the Pokemon is in English after evolving, only the region in the top right corner of the stats matter correct?
    5) To do the Masuda, both Pokemon don't need to be the same right? Example; (Japan)Togekiss + Rowlet = Profit?
    6) Does a Starter Pokemon have less chance of being shiny? Are their different rates with different Pokemon?

I'm at work but when I have a minute I'll read through this forum. I need encouragement because I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.
    1. It sounds like you're doing everything already so I don't think there's anything else you can do.
    2. It does yes. I believe the odds are 1/512 but I'm not 100% sure.
    3. The Magikarp does have to be MM bred as well. I believe it works without it but only if you aren't using the MM for either Pokemon.
    4. As long as the language tag is there the Pokemon's name doesn't matter.
    5. MM works with anything as long as the languages are different.
    6. Starters have the same odds as every other shiny.

Hope this helps. Good luck on Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Unova Yorker View Post

1) Not really. Magikarp Swap will speed up hatches and Oval Charm increases eggs showing up, but that's about it.
    2) yes and 1/527 according to this https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Qk5l0gvBrk/pub
    3) Not if you have the shiny charm. the swap method requires MM, Charm or both.
    4) the language tag is all that matters
    5) as long as they are different languages, you're MM'ing
    6) shiny rates are the same for any species

Adventure started 11/18/16
    First Hall of Fame entry 11/27/16
    Alola Pokédex: 301/301 - completed 12/13/16
    Alola Living Pokédex completed 12/22/16
    Current Hunt:
    Shiny Trial Quest started 5/19/17

^^ Thank you Volt and Requiem for the quick response. I just got to my 10th box. I have a feeling I'll be at this a while, but I can't quit now. I defiantly understand why you guy's wish the other luck.

Rowlets hatch quick, so my one handed play method is to just ride Stoutland in circles to the left of the Breeder. Egg hatches, talk to her, send Rowlet to box, grab new egg, repeat. It's quick, every 2 minutes I have a new Pokemon hatched. It takes anywhere from 5 to 20 circles once you find a rhythm.

I'm Pokebanking all my Rowlets since the IV's are all good. I'm going to use them when USUM comes out to transfer all my hard earned items over since I'm assuming they'll be no other way to do it. Put the Rowlets in my Ultra Moon, then trade one trained Pokemon at a time. Pure insanity they don't have a way to transfer items over, even in post game. I'll have plenty of Curse Careful Rowlets with 5-6 IV's to trade also, although it's pretty common Pokemon lol n__n;

http://imgur.com/uwAQt77
    12 boxes in and I got it!!!! =D SO HAPPY!! If I can do it, so can you! I'm so unlucky usually.
    Thanks for the help, hope you guys get as lucky next time as I did this time!

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

As a gift after the brutal Lapras hunt, my game blessed me with a shiny Tynamo after approx. 250 eggs! Pic: http://i.imgur.com/SpaldZV.jpg?1

I still have two boxes of eggs to hatch, so maybe she has a friend. I don't know what my next hunt will be and am open to suggestions (breeding only).
    Soulsilver Badge Quest

- 8/4/2015
    - 9/8/2015 as Pidgey

Congrats to Unova Yorker on Rowlet, maldoror on Tynamo, and others on their shinies!

-------------

{typed a couple days ago} I didn’t even realize until a day or so after but that Pooch was my 150th shiny found! Sadly, only 149th caught…So next shiny capture will be my 150th! Hope it’s a good one

Wow, what a 150th catch for me! My third-longest hunt ever has finally ended after 32,577 REs! (It missed being 4x over odds by just 191 REs!) And not only that, but (unlike my second-longest hunt) it ended with my target which, at 35% appearance, I was a little worried about actually getting! But I now have my second shiny Staryu!

Staryu and Starmie are such fantastic shinies and now I have them both! And now after hunting here since February, I can finally leave this route! Part of me wants to just surf a little bit over and start hunting Spheal since August is a Winter month in 5th gen, though mainly just to complete the Frillish line, but I think I’ll leave that for another day.

I’m not 100% certain about what my next hunt is (there are SO many hunts for me to do!), but I’ve been leaning towards one that I’ve been contemplating returning to for a couple years now, only to keep putting it off due to the slowness, but…Maybe I’ll actually try it again and hope my game pays me back the luck it owes me from this last hunt. I’ll have to decide soon!

I decided to evolve my first Staryu into Starmie. That makes my 20th completed 2-stage family! What a fantastic pair of shinies!

Good luck, everyone (especially Cyberra, Crimson Penguin,Terra Force, TheMaster327, Bumblebee5253, umbreonfan3636, CharlieDoryRose, SheroGH, G-Money, Martinzqx, tui, markasdarkas, RaichuArcanine, pokemaster13, Tina, Shy, Ruru_star, skilax1234, Pluski, ElectricBassClef, and Nakashima)!
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

★★Current Shiny Hunts★★
    -Eevee???; Black 2 (Castelia City): 0 REs
    -Aerodactyl; Black 2 [Alternate Hunt]: 0 SRs
    -Ralts (Day; Route 209); Snorunt, Sneasel, Swinub, Snover (Night; Route 217); Platinum: 4,200 REs
    -Caterpie, Metapod (Day; Ilex Forest); Venonat, Girafarig, Flaaffy (Night; Route 43); HeartGold (Route 48): 1,400 REs

★Side Shiny hunts★
    -Charmander; HeartGold (Pallet Town): 5,300 SRs
    -Chimchar; Platinum (Route 201): 8,250 SRs

OMG FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was one of the most grindy MMs I've done in quite a while. This little monster took 3,600 + 1,812 eggs, for a grand total of 5,412 eggs. Also making it my second-longest MM hunt EVER.

She's timid nature and somewhat vain, obviously with Bulletproof. Gonna go train her a bit, then move on to actually hunting magikarp so I can get a better gyarados. Preferably in a beast ball.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Found a Shiny Shuckle last night after getting disappointed by yet another Shiny Jigglypuff in the friend safari. I've put my Wimpod SRs and Oshawott eggs on hold for a bit in Moon to go back to SOS, and for whatever reason I decided to go for Tentacool despite being able to chain fish it in gen 6.

Going to hordes for the time being in X and I'm hoping to get Psyduck this time. Hoppip would be nice too since I need Skiploom and Jumpluff for my living dex still.

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:
    Hordes:
    Dexnav:
    SOS:

Most Recent Shiny:

Page 1212 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 21211121162120212081209121012111212