Page 1217 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 217111711671207121312141215121612171218 LastLast
Results 30,401 to 30,425 of 30433

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I have more to post but I was SOS sandshrew on Holiday and this showed up....anyone know how rare this is? I've been googling for days and can't find its encounter odds.

https://i.gyazo.com/546c8f5a713bdfdf...d91662b27f.jpg
    Last edited by shiny_hunter5; 13th September 2017 at 3:26 PM.
    My Shiny Pokemon
    Soul Silver SR SR
    Pokemon X HE HE HE HE HE
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire HE HE x3 CF CF MM

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Has anyone here managed to get a shiny starter purely by chance, first go?
    I think I did with Chimchar but that was at a time where I didn't know what the hell I was doing with Pokemon so I SR thinking it glitched.

It was either Chimchar or shiny Onix. But I definitely remember SRing.
    hello darknesss my old friend

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Quote Originally Posted by shiny_hunter5 View Post
    I have more to post but I was SOS sandshrew on Holiday and this showed up....anyone know how rare this is? I've been googling for days and can't find its encounter odds.

https://i.gyazo.com/546c8f5a713bdfdf...d91662b27f.jpg
    In the rain or snow, I think it shows up rather frequently compared to some other SOS random pokemon.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

I have a potentially stupid question: If I breed a female beast ball, non-HA gible with a male standard ball gible that has Rough Skin, will I get a HA gible in a beast ball? I want one for my next MM but the three beast ball gibles I got from WT all have Sand Veil. Is it still HA from male, ball (primarily) from female in this gen?

630 eggs hatched for fletchling. Getting a lot of Gale Wings babies, so I'm hopeful I can get a HA shiny, but I'm going to wait and see before I get too excited about it since I haven't been having much luck with HAs recently

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Decided to on occasion DexNav for a shiny Happiny. I just need to keep coming into contact with Happiny while beating them and not making them run away, right?
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Decided to on occasion DexNav for a shiny Happiny. I just need to keep coming into contact with Happiny while beating them and not making them run away, right?
    Contrary to what everyone thinks, DexNav doesn't increase odds with a chain nor is it static. Your odds increase the higher your search amount is. Also, you can run away from non shiny encounters, all it does is force you to run around for a bit until you can manually use the DexNav again, defeating the Pokemon allows you to continue your 'chain'.(Again, chains don't affect shiny chances, it just affects egg move, IVs, and ability)

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:
    Friend Safari:
    SOS:

Most Recent Shiny:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I have a potentially stupid question: If I breed a female beast ball, non-HA gible with a male standard ball gible that has Rough Skin, will I get a HA gible in a beast ball? I want one for my next MM but the three beast ball gibles I got from WT all have Sand Veil. Is it still HA from male, ball (primarily) from female in this gen?

630 eggs hatched for fletchling. Getting a lot of Gale Wings babies, so I'm hopeful I can get a HA shiny, but I'm going to wait and see before I get too excited about it since I haven't been having much luck with HAs recently
    Males will never pass down the Ball. They will occasionally pass the HA if bred only with Ditto. Female HA parents pass HA 80% of the time.
    Current Hunt: Entei SRs

1,893 SRs COMPLETE!!!

You can't get the HA from the male unless you breed it with a Ditto but if you're using the same species parents you have a 50/50 chance of getting either Ball. What you want to do is breed the male HA one till you get a female and breed the Beast Ball one until you get a male. Breed those together and you can get the HA Beast Ball one you want

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem Aeternam View Post
    You can't get the HA from the male unless you breed it with a Ditto but if you're using the same species parents you have a 50/50 chance of getting either Ball. What you want to do is breed the male HA one till you get a female and breed the Beast Ball one until you get a male. Breed those together and you can get the HA Beast Ball one you want
    Yeah, both gibles. Definitely noted. Thanks! I'll do that once this stubborn bird shines.

Up to 770 fletchling eggs now.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Congratulations to all the recent shinies!

Well, I am back with my latest rendition of my mutli-MM hunting.
    This time, I did the same thing (collect 480 eggs across four different Pokémon), and I just hatched a shiny.
    I hatched a shiny Stufful a minute ago. She is everstoned Adamant, in a Great ball (from my original Stufful I caught during my initial playthrough of Sun), and has the egg moves Stomping Tantrum and Ice Punch.
    For IV's... Come on... Almost every time now, my MM'ed shinies are missing a stat I need. (This one is 31/x/31/31/31/31). So glad for Bottle Caps, but still...Come on...
    She did get Fluffy though. I am glad for that. I plan on EV training her once I finish this group of eggs. I have a few more boxes left.

Good luck to everyone else!
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quick question for the Masuda Methoders: Where do you put all of your eggs?
    Gen IV Shinies: (Pt)(RE), (Pt)(RE)

Gen VI Shinies: (OR)(HE), (OR)(CF), (OR)(WT), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF)

FOR THE GLORY OF TEAM ROCKET!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyMimic12 View Post
    I keep a few Poke boxes open for them. Then I fill them, hatch them... and go on from there.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Me? Normally, I will just have a single flame-body Pokemon in my party and hatch manually in batches of five by Tauros-riding back and forth on the Hau'oli City shopping district street. If I'm not up for or am unavailable for doing that, I'll just collect 18 eggs, put 'em in my Isle Avue to hatch, then rinse and repeat.

As for my current hunt, still aiming to get a shiny Fennekin. Currently at 290 eggs.
    This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen
    of Alola. She's also a people person and loves helping
    out other Pokemon Sun and Moon players.

If you need Dex entries, help evolving your 'Mons, or perhaps even a specific
    Festival Plaza shop, feel free to PM me. Ayla and I likely will be able to help.

I've done this, but what I mean is don't they stop giving you boxes? I've hit 24 total, and have filled about 17 for a shiny Mimikyu. Do you use Bank, or release them?

Gen VI Shinies: (OR)(HE), (OR)(CF), (OR)(WT), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF), (OR)(CF)

Cool

I've done this, but what I mean is don't they stop giving you boxes? I've hit 24 total, and have filled about 17 for a shiny Mimikyu. Do you use Bank, or release them?
    In about 6 more boxes, you'll have no more room for eggs since you only get 30 boxes, just start hatching and use pokebank if you have it. That's what I do
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Just got my first SR legendary- shiny Lugia on SoulSilver! Neptunia is Brave nature, with high IV's in everything except Sp. Atk, which is 0-2. This also completes the first half of the first BQ I ever started, so that's super exciting!

I wasn't counting, but I'm pretty sure it came in under 1,000 SR. My last 3 hunts on the Quest went really quickly, which I think was the game trying to make up for the 30k RE hunt on Route 30 and the ~40k SR hunt for Sandshrew in the Game Corner (not 40k Sandshrew- 40k SR).

The final results of the Johto portion of the BQ are below:
        Spoiler:- BQ Members:

So I got this earlier today 662 eggs!

Spoiler:

In other news, starting up a new MM for Scatterbug, and I have an idea to make it interesting. I gather Seel eggs and fill 5 boxes with Seel. Then, I gather 1 box of my own kind of Scatterbug eggs. I need 5 of you guys (with different Vivillon patterns to me) to breed me a box of Scatterbug eggs. We then trade each other a box of eggs so I have 6 boxes of Scatterbug that will evolve into a different Vivillon pattern. Sound fun? This also means you have a chance at a shiny from the eggs I give you. If you are interested, leave a reply to this message or DM me telling me which pattern Vivillon you have. This will help me get the 5 assistants I need for the hunt.

1,893 SRs COMPLETE!!!

When I asked "what is your favorite green shiny", I feel I wasn't specific enough. Rather, I meant to ask "what's your favorite green shiny when the original wasn't green", like say Espeon
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

When I asked "what is your favorite green shiny", I feel I wasn't specific enough. Rather, I meant to ask "what's your favorite green shiny when the original wasn't green", like say Espeon
    Just looked through the shiny sprites, and Chimecho fits perfectly. Don't know why I didn't mention it before.

I gather and hatch 5 eggs at a time, hatch them, and box them. Eventually I release them or use them as Wonder Trade fodder so they don't clutter up my PC. Keepers (usually 6IVs) end up in Pokebank eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    In other news, starting up a new MM for Scatterbug, and I have an idea to make it interesting. I gather Seel eggs and fill 5 boxes with Seel. Then, I gather 1 box of my own kind of Scatterbug eggs. I need 5 of you guys (with different Vivillon patterns to me) to breed me a box of Scatterbug eggs. We then trade each other a box of eggs so I have 6 boxes of Scatterbug that will evolve into a different Vivillon pattern. Sound fun? This also means you have a chance at a shiny from the eggs I give you. If you are interested, leave a reply to this message or DM me telling me which pattern Vivillon you have. This will help me get the 5 assistants I need for the hunt.
    Will that even work? I recall getting plenty of scatterbugs from WT in Y but I forget if they evolved into different patterns. Either way: my regional pattern is Polar and it looks really good as a shiny, with the deep blue wings and white body. I have a scatterbug in Sun, sent ahead from Y, since I do intend to breed it myself eventually.

860 fletchling eggs and counting, btw

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

Will that even work? I recall getting plenty of scatterbugs from WT in Y but I forget if they evolved into different patterns. Either way: my regional pattern is Polar and it looks really good as a shiny, with the deep blue wings and white body. I have a scatterbug in Sun, sent ahead from Y, since I do intend to breed it myself eventually.

860 fletchling eggs and counting, btw
    It will work as the eggs would be generated in the friends' games. I would just be hatching them in my game. It's the same as if you send a Scatterbug over WT. It wiĺl evolve into your native pattern in the other person's game.

1,893 SRs COMPLETE!!!

It will work as the eggs would be generated in the friends' games. I would just be hatching them in my game. It's the same as if you send a Scatterbug over WT. It wiĺl evolve into your native pattern in the other person's game.
    Ah. Well, if you'd like some eggs from me, I can get some. I'd probably have to do some pruning of my friends list first, though... It's full.

I do have two shinies to report. Not the fletchling, though. I went over to Y to grab some breeding material since when I didn't have any 6IV larvitar in my bank; I got my shiny one in Y before I got any. Went into the friend safari looking to catch some pupitar and the second one I found sparkled.

Wandered over to a grass safari while waiting for dinner and puttered around in there. Found a shiny petilil after... 30-ish REs? I wasn't counting. Sent it back to Sun and evolved it to liligant.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

No this is incorrect, I believe. Since the Pokemon hatches in your region it will evolve into your regional Vivillon, as it does not have the 'Native region' icon for the person that bred the egg. So any Scatterbug hatched in your game will evolve into your regional Vivillon if I am not mistaken.

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Currently Hunting:
    Friend Safari:
    SOS:

Most Recent Shiny:

Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post
    No this is incorrect, I believe. Since the Pokemon hatches in your region it will evolve into your regional Vivillon, as it does not have the 'Native region' icon for the person that bred the egg. So any Scatterbug hatched in your game will evolve into your regional Vivillon if I am not mistaken.
    Eggs are generated using the game that they are generated in. The only thing that is different is the TSV (Trainer Shiny Value) which varies between games. This is the reason why shiny eggs in one game might hatch non-shiny in another if traded pre-hatching. I'm fairly sure it doesn't affect the Vivillon patterns.

Just found a thread discussing this that confirms it https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/6969...mon-x/67771462
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 17th September 2017 at 2:52 PM.

1,893 SRs COMPLETE!!!

Most of my shiny hunts have been on hold while I play Metroid: Samus Returns. Still SR'ing for Totodile in SS on my DS Lite when not playing Metroid. I haven't exited the game since I started, so my main 3DS is not available for shiny hunting and I try to avoid switching systems if I can help it, so not a lot of shiny hunting has been happening since Friday.

I collect until I get my shiny or run out of space in my PC, then mass wonder trade and/or mass release everything 5IV or less. I typically don't run out of space in my PC, though, because I move everything but a single box of breeding potentials to Bank on my breeding-dedicated game.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    In about 6 more boxes, you'll have no more room for eggs since you only get 30 boxes, just start hatching and use pokebank if you have it. That's what I do
    The PC expands in increments of 8. You get a total of 32 boxes. You only have to have one pokemon in each box, exit the PC and go back into the PC to unlock the next 8.
    Last edited by Team Volt Grunt; 18th September 2017 at 2:05 PM.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

Page 1217 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 217111711671207121312141215121612171218 LastLast