Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Congrats to all recent shinies

Luck has struck again during another SOS hunt

After about 60 - 70 SOS encounters, a shiny Dewpider showed up

Female (Nicknamed Amethyst)
    Jolly nature with the ability Water Absorb
    Perfect IV's in HP, ATK, DEF and Speed

Good luck to all future shinies

Congrats to all on your recent shinies and good luck in your ongoing hunts!

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Mareanie! This morning I was finishing up EV training it against Shellders when one showed up shiny! I caught it fairly easily.

I am now leveling up/SOS hunting Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o. I have already started a Passimian MM hunt, but am looking for a better foreign language parent (I have a 5 IV of either gender English parent).
    Soulsilver Badge Quest

- 8/4/2015
    - 9/8/2015 as Pidgey

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should hunt for after my semester is over? I only hunted Pikipek and Caterpie just to see if I have any good luck lol
    Most recent shiny!!:

(27 encounters) (1/2/2017)

Previous Shinies!!:

(37 encounters) (1/1/2017)

Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke Hall of Fame

(sadly Typhlosion lost his life to Lance's Level 50 Dragonite.)

Congrats to everyone who found shinies since my last post!

Since my last post I've managed to complete my Omega Ruby badge quest! I'm very happy about that fact, even if it's not quite as fulfilling as finishing my SS BQ would be.

Spoiler:- BQ Shiny #6:

About 10 days ago I came across this guy in a horde, while taking a break from dexnaving numel and trying to boost Spoinks search level instead. The Machop line are good shinies and good Pokemon so I wasn't too upset about getting the duplicate type.

Spoiler:- BQ Shiny #7:

Finding my 7th shiny took forever. I maxed out the search level for about 6 different Pokemon before deciding to do some fishing to get a water type. And on Friday the 13th I was finally rewarded with this gorgeous shiny female Feebas! As painful as this leg of the hunt was, the rewards were very very sweet. And to find it on a fishing chain of only 14 after all the long chains, searches and hunts, was pretty sweet.

Spoiler:- BQ Shiny #8:

Lastly, as luck would have it I went back to Mt. Pyre summit and came across this guy pretty early in my hunting yesterday. Guess the law of averages evened out from my painfully long prior hunt. With this ghost type, I finally have personally caught one shiny of every type of Pokemon, thus completing a personal goal of mine.

Good luck to all those still hunting, especially those doing their own Badge Quests/Island Quests/Legendaries etc.

I hope my all things considered (outside of Pokemon 7) decent luck on this BQ passes to all of those hunting!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Charoshi; 17th January 2017 at 8:53 AM.
    Omega Ruby BQ

Default Hi fellow shiny hunters! I am new to the shiny hunting scene and I have question.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    However I need to know what this means. Sometimes I watch Shiny Hunters on Youtube hunt and in the title of there videos they will say for example "Phase 1" "Phase 2" "Phase 3" what do these phases mean exactly? I'm not talking about like Safari Zone. They will put these "Phase" in titles on many different targets. Can someone please explain why they do this and what it means exactly? Google was no help looking for the answer... Thanks and best of luck on your Shiny hunts!
    Current Hunt: Froakie
    Method: X/Y Starter SR

Thank you to those of you who congratulated me on my Null hunt. (@Laurelai ever seen Guzzlord when you drop a bean? It's the cutest thing evar)

Just got my newest shiny while casually EV training a Celesteela. Drowzee at a SOS chain of only 26. Caught in a Heal Ball, male, level 10, Insomnia, Hasty, Capable of Taking Hits with 31s in HP, Defense, and SpDef.
    I don't really feel motivated to update my signature with an unintentional find though, so I'll just leave Null there for now >.<
    Guzzlord has stolen my heart. Or eaten it. I'm not sure.
    Most recent hunted shiny: (MM, 3 eggs)

Current hunt: (MM)

5429-7363-5942

Quote Originally Posted by Appledashie View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    However I need to know what this means. Sometimes I watch Shiny Hunters on Youtube hunt and in the title of there videos they will say for example "Phase 1" "Phase 2" "Phase 3" what do these phases mean exactly? I'm not talking about like Safari Zone. They will put these "Phase" in titles on many different targets. Can someone please explain why they do this and what it means exactly? Google was no help looking for the answer... Thanks and best of luck on your Shiny hunts!
    It's a pretty easy explanation, actually. Those shiny hunters are going for a specific target, but they're getting shinies of everything except what they're hunting for. If they're hunting fo, say, a shiny vulpix and get a marill instead, they call if "phase one" and resume hunting for vulpix. If the next shiny is an altaria, then it's "phase two" of the vulpix hunt. And they keep going until they get their vulpix. This is pretty much what cpchris is doing right now on one of their hunts. The number of "phases" it takes to get the target shiny depends on how many non-target shinies pop up before the actual target decides to cooperate.

I'm approaching 2,700 SRs in my litten hunt. Really want to punch that smile off Kukui's face at this point.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

I didn't expect to be posting again this soon! After a few hours of SOS hunting I decided to browse the GTS to find better foreign language parents for two of my targets: Passimian and Morelull. After a few trades, I got a relatively superior Morelull with IVs in the right spots and a Modest nature so I set to breeding. 14 eggs later it shined!! I was stunned.

I passed on Pokerus and set to EV training on Oricorio. After a chain of about 30, a white pom-pom wielding bird appeared! I have SOS chained hundreds of these birds in the past (and bred a few hundred as well), so this was something I really wanted. So now I am going to finish EV training Morelull, Oricorio, and Shellder and then move back to Passimian breeding.

EDIT: Ok, this is unreal. I moved my special attack EV training to Psyduck since they have a much better call rate than Oricorio. Out pops a blue duck! He is lonely natured with outstanding potential; perfect IVs in HP, SpA, Attack, SpD.

EDIT number 2: After getting Psyduck, I switched back to Oricoria for SpA (I have multiple Psyducks/Golducks from prior gens and didn't want more). Another Oricorio shined! This one has outstanding potential and pefect IVs in SpA, At, SpD, and Sp; with a fantastic in Def.
    Last edited by maldoror; 17th January 2017 at 4:22 PM.
    Soulsilver Badge Quest

- 8/4/2015
    - 9/8/2015 as Pidgey

Only after around 6 days of soft-resetting, I manage to reset myself a Shiny Snivy in Pokémon White.

It's my first Shiny ever in this game, and it looks absolutely great.

I was in Poni Plains going somewhere, and was ambushed by a shiny Raticate. I caught it in a Repeat Ball on the first turn.

Male, Naughtly, Hustle, Pretty Good/Decent/Decent/Decent/Decent/Decent.

Welp.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola

3 shiny hunted, 14 happened naturally (Apparently the shiny Wingull family loves me)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

Before battling the Elite 4, I quickly transferred my Pokemon from X to OR using Bank, in order to get the shiny charm. Before battling the elite 4, I wanted to find one more shiny, specifically Zorua.

Well Zorua wasn't showing up for me, so I ran around for a little bit until a patch of grass started shaking. I walked into it and this is what I found.

Spoiler:- Bonus BQ shiny:

This came as a complete shock. This was only the 2nd Lillipup I'd seen. I found this baby randomly on a search level of 2. Even came with ice fang, which is sort of sweet I guess.

I decided I'd battle the Elite 4 after finding this one, I'll hunt more for Zorua later.

That rings my total up to 9 shinies. By far the most I ever found on one in-game play through (previous record was 2 xD)

Congrats to those with their shinies and good luck to those hunting!
    Omega Ruby BQ

Well I continued doing some chain fishing on Alpha Sapphire yesterday at various sea routes, but I didn't have any luck hooking a shiny once again. I did some Friend Safari shiny hunting as well just for kicks hee hee, but no luck with that either. Right now I'm just focusing on my shiny Mareanie hunt on Moon and I've set aside my shiny Giratina hunt this week so that I would have more free time for my Moon hunt.

I guess my game was not going to have it, with me not updating my signature. In less than 150 eggs, it spat my target shiny, Cutiefly, at me. And it couldn't have given me a better one. Female, Shield Dust, Timid, Love Ball, egg moves Baton Pass/Moonblast, 31/x/31/31/31/31.

Onwards to Wimpod!

EDIT: What on earth?! Third egg, Wimpod shone! I quite literally yelled "WHAT?!" Male, Lure Ball, Adamant, egg moves Wide Guard/Aqua Jet/Spikes, 31s in HP/Def/SpDef/Speed, "very good" in both attack stats.

Next target is either going to be Meowth or Cubone.
    Last edited by Echo Nacyl; 19th January 2017 at 8:57 AM.
    Guzzlord has stolen my heart. Or eaten it. I'm not sure.
    Most recent hunted shiny: (MM, 3 eggs)

Current hunt: (MM)

5429-7363-5942

My luck the last few days has been insane! Yesterday I completed EV training my recent shinies and was leveling up/SOS hunting Hakamo-o when a shiny female showed up after a few hours of hunting! I set out to EV train her against Rockruff in the hopes of getting a second shiny (so I could get both forms) and one shined this morning! After catching Rockruff, I switched to Yungoos to continue EV training and one shined! All three SOS shinies ended up with 4 perfect IVs and outstanding overall potential. Now I am off to finish EV training and wonder if this streak will continue...

EDIT: My insane lucky streak continues!! After about two hours of SOS hunting/EV training Mudbray shined! I'm now off to do some SOS hunting for Pichu.

EDIT #2: I really don't know how to react to this luck anymore. After a few hours of Pichu hunting, a shiny male Pichu appeared! He has outstanding overall potential with perfect HP, SpA, SpD, and Speed IVs. I set out to do some defense EV training on Cubones. When I was just about to finish up, a shiny Kangaskhan appeared!! She is outstanding as well, with one "decent" IV...in attack. I already have a competitive shiny Kangaskhan that I bred on OR, so she will remain a trophy. But the odds of her showing up have to be pretty slim.
    Last edited by maldoror; 20th January 2017 at 5:01 AM.
    Soulsilver Badge Quest

- 8/4/2015
    - 9/8/2015 as Pidgey

Hey guys, I am here with an shiny update.

I hatched 3 shiny wingulls in a batch of 200 eggs, thats a triple hatch for me and thats a first.. Love my shiny luck :P

TOday, I received another shiny in 272 eggs which is Morelull, I'm happy it has its HA. Was affraid it would get it, but no complains it !

Pics below and good luck fellow shiny hunterzz !

Interested in gen7 Multi battles and Battle Royales?
    Join our DiscordChannel for some jolly coop!

While searching for Stufful on Route 8 in Pokémon Sun (Which is really hard to find), I ran
    into a shiny Fletchinder

Female (Nicknamed Lori)
    Adamant nature with the Flame body ability

Grats everyone on your new shinies, and a shout out to Azulart on the Morelull. I love that one. Gonna have to get it sometime

Pyukumuku *finally* popped shiny for me! Off and on, I'd been working on this one for weeks. Here she is My little Pickle.
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pickle is a just for fun and because its so derned cute catch Counting down til Pokebank arrives for Sun/Moon so I can resume breeding competative shinies muuuuuuuch easier than now.
    Default Signature: I need to make a new one! Mebbe a banner? Too many shinies to properly post. /sad face on

FC for ORAS: 2767-1817-3785
    Type: Poison- Muk, Cascoon, Venomoth

I love your signature, it looks great!

Hi everyone, if anyone remembers me. I've been very quiet in general, and honestly my luck in the way of shinies is non-existent at the moment. I'm hatching for Sandygast right now, and hoping to get a random shiny in Moon. I've also been REing in the Nature Preserve since November in White 2, but nothing yet.

Good luck everyone!
        Spoiler:- Hunts!:

Has anyone been lucky enough for their Island Scan Pokemon to turn up shiny?
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Got the shiny charm on Pokémon Sun yesterday and have already gotten three shinies from SOS hunts. Sandyghast, Rockruff and Rattata. Once it's daytime I'll try for Dewpider. I miss posting in this thread!

Congratulations everybody on your shinies!

Today shiny Mimikyu hatched after 368 eggs! Mimikyu has Jolly nature and it has perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Sp. Attack, Defense and Speed.

Gonna MM Minior now.
    Good luck to all those hunting!

So I haven't really done any shiny hunting in the past purely because I never got the Shiny Charm to make it worthwhile (although I did chain fish a Magikarp and hatch a "perfect" 5IV Pidgey in ORAS amongst about three wild encounters). I finished the Alola Pokedex really quickly in Sun so I've started doing it in the last couple of weeks with fairly good results.

Basically my intent is to go through all the new Gen 7 Pokemon and Alola formes through SOS Battles and then move onto to the ones I can only do from eggs (which would include the starters).

First up was Pikipek which was roughly around 400 encounters. Ended up being Naive nature with Skill Link which isn't 100% perfect but it's pretty close, although I'll probably give it Overheat as a fourth move for battling purposes as its semi-viable with that nature. 4IV obviously and I'll consider dropping some Bottle Caps on it later down the line.

Scooped up Yungoos yesterday after around 800 encounters sporadically spread over a week due to me going on holidays, haha. Had a Naughty nature, close again, with Stakeout for it's ability but would've liked Adaptability.

Next up on the list is Grubbin (I really like Vikavolt's Shiny), but I'm currently hatching some Rough Skin Gible so maybe if I'm lucky I might grab one there.

After a long Cute Charm method SOS hunt, I finally found and caught a shiny female Salandit

Nickname: Tsukuyo (After a character in the anime series Gintama)
    Lax nature with the Corrosion ability
    Perfect IV's in HP, Def, Sp. ATK and Speed

ATK is No Good
    Sp. DEF is Decent

Still working on litten... I'm about to hit 3,500 SRs. Really hoping it shines soon.

>.< Come on, litten... there are so many other 'mons I want to hunt in this game! You're holding everything up!

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

So back when X and Y came out they had friend safaris. I had someone who had charmeleon, growlithe, and braxien. I decided to hunt for growlithe, but ended up with two charmeleons, and one braxien before I gave up. So today I decided to go after that golden pupper and here he is!
    16195425_1507178409311984_1534117593104296905_n.jpg
    (Moonball)(DexNav/Hoard)(sos)
    Current Hunt

Previous Successes

Message me for FC exchange!

Page 1179 of 1179 FirstFirst ... 17910791129116911751176117711781179