Page 1200 of 1200 FirstFirst ... 20011001150119011961197119811991200
Results 29,976 to 29,994 of 29994

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

  1. #29976
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    7,868

    Default

    I continued doing soft resets for my shiny Regigigas hunt on Pearl version and I did some Friend Safari hunting this morning as well just cuz I was bored hee hee. Although I didn't find any shinies with either method, I had fun and that's what matters most. I also worked on my shiny Mareanie egg hatching hunt too on Moon version and someone on another forum traded me a shiny Yungoos a few days ago which was nice of them.


  2. #29977
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    I beat the fire trial and am now REing in Wela Volcano Park. Leading my team is a fainted male Cute Charm sylveon I retrieved from pokebank (this is a regular RE hunt, not SOS). First non-fainted 'mon is my shiny magneton, which knows Thunder Wave and can keep a shiny from calling for help. Targets are female salandit and cubone, but I'll also take fletchling since I like talonflame's shiny.

    Hoping not to get magby... I hate its shiny color in its base form. And I probably jinxed myself by saying that.

    Edit: HOLY CRUD SHINY FEMALE SALANDIT AFTER ONLY 506 RES!

    I was not expecting to get something this soon o.o She's docile and proud of her power, with Corrosion and holding a 5% smoke ball. I named her Wadjet, after the Egyptian serpent goddess who sends fire to burn her enemies.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 19th May 2017 at 10:28 AM.


    Regigigas fan

    My Shiny Legendaries!


    3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232




  3. #29978
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    I beat the fire trial and am now REing in Wela Volcano Park. Leading my team is a fainted male Cute Charm sylveon I retrieved from pokebank (this is a regular RE hunt, not SOS). First non-fainted 'mon is my shiny magneton, which knows Thunder Wave and can keep a shiny from calling for help. Targets are female salandit and cubone, but I'll also take fletchling since I like talonflame's shiny.

    Hoping not to get magby... I hate its shiny color in its base form. And I probably jinxed myself by saying that.

    Edit: HOLY CRUD SHINY FEMALE SALANDIT AFTER ONLY 506 RES!

    I was not expecting to get something this soon o.o She's docile and proud of her power, with Corrosion and holding a 5% smoke ball. I named her Wadjet, after the Egyptian serpent goddess who sends fire to burn her enemies.
    Congrats! Could you be any luckier? I still have yet to find a single shiny in gen 7. Granted, I don't spend much time playing these days. It's hard to find the time and I feel rude doing resets when I have company or I'm at someone's house, and that seems to be happening every weekend lately.
    Last edited by Team Volt Grunt; 19th May 2017 at 1:55 PM.

    Adventure started 11/18/16
    First Hall of Fame entry 11/27/16
    Alola Pokédex: 301/301 - completed 12/13/16
    Alola Living Pokédex completed 12/22/16

  4. #29979
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mountain Time
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    Congrats! Could you be any luckier? I still have yet to find a single shiny in gen 7. Granted, I don't spend much time playing these days. It's hard to find the time and I feel rude doing resets when I have company or I'm at someone's house, and that seems to be happening every weekend lately.
    I believe you can get a shiny in Gen VII! I get the not playing as much and devoting time to doing a shiny hunt. Thinking about SOS-ing for my own Rockruff.
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    3DS Name: Elliott

    Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

  5. #29980
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    407

    Cool

    A minty green Rowlet finally appeared! Must have something to do with MechanisticMoth's faith!

        Spoiler:- Pics:


    He's Calm Nature and likes to relax. Definitely not a great nature, but at least I can finally move on with the game and get started on my shiny trial quest. I named him Oliver after the Green Arrow, even though that connection has been beat to death. I was SR'ing a different starter every day in a cycle. It's a little unfortunate that my second play through Alola is with Rowlet again, but of the three starters, he's still my favorite and the one I wanted most as a shiny, so I'm glad he was the one that appeared.

    Not sure who my next target will be just yet. I've got some time before I have to worry about it. Congrats on all the recent shinies and good luck with your hunts!
    Last edited by Team Volt Grunt; 19th May 2017 at 9:34 PM.

    Adventure started 11/18/16
    First Hall of Fame entry 11/27/16
    Alola Pokédex: 301/301 - completed 12/13/16
    Alola Living Pokédex completed 12/22/16

  6. #29981
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Well then. Seems my luck is ongoing. 218 SRs ONLY for this.

        Spoiler:
    Last edited by TheMaster327; 20th May 2017 at 11:15 AM.
    Current Hunt: Sun Trial Quest #12 - Mount Lanakila REs

    800 REs

  7. #29982
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Well then. Seems my luck is ongoing. 218 SRs ONLY for this.

        Spoiler:
    ...You can soft reset exeggutor? Where?

    I'm currently on Route 8, SRing wimpod. Let's see if my luck holds or if it's finally run out.

    After hours of grinding at the flower place on the first island for oricorio (SpATK EVs), my salandit is now a gorgeous salazzle. Was half expecting a shiny to pop up while I was grinding, but none did.
    Last edited by Cyberra; 20th May 2017 at 6:03 AM.


    Regigigas fan

    My Shiny Legendaries!


    3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232




  8. #29983
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Where? When you first go to Exegguctor Island, the palm tree is actually an Exeggcutor. Took me by surprise
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

  9. #29984
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    So another case of super-early shine I can't tell you what I was going for. This took sixty four encounters!

        Spoiler:
    Current Hunt: Sun Trial Quest #12 - Mount Lanakila REs

    800 REs

  10. #29985
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    IRL Unova
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Game... can you just... stop giving me shinies? I mean, I'll take them, but give me a break.

    Freshly hatched a shiny Absol. Ultra Ball, Jolly, Pressure, Male, Quick Attack/Sucker Punch/Play Rough/Megahorn, 5IV -Atk. This was the 2nd egg that hatch in this set.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3

    3 shiny hunted, 22 happened naturally (Apparently the shiny Wingull family loves me)

    Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

  11. #29986
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Haddonfield
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Got a shiny Sentret while breeding a HA for my good friend Scherzando :3

    Bold and Frisk Premier ball.

  12. #29987
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    Looks like my crazy luck may have run its course... I'm at 1,600 SRs for wimpod and nothing so far. At least the resets for this one are quick.


    Regigigas fan

    My Shiny Legendaries!


    3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232




  13. #29988
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomdour View Post
    Got a shiny Sentret while breeding a HA for my good friend Scherzando :3

    Bold and Frisk Premier ball.
    Premier Ball - just like me. Oh yeah! Congrats!

    And congrats to all.

    I, unfortunately, am in a slump. Shiny and motivation to play - period. I blame Gen 7. I have some friend safaris up. I am really digging those. But, life, other interests, etc. have been getting in the way.



    CONGRATS TO all who have captured a shiny recently. Respect, props, and tip-0f-the-hat. SALUT!
    Living Bank/Dex complete.

    Campions beaten: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola.

    Shiny Collection: ,654,694,716,717,769

  14. #29989
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    And after 3,107 SRs, I have out-stubborned the cowardly water bug!

    Wimpod is female, serious nature and capable of taking hits, with Wimp Out. I named her Skitter.


    Regigigas fan

    My Shiny Legendaries!


    3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232




  15. #29990
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    13

    Default

    My first shiny encounter was a Donphan in Pokemon Gold.

    Unfortunately I thought it was a glitch so I fainted it.
    Playing Sun version. Currently looking for Darumaka, Seedot, Nincada and Oshawott.
    I don't have anything extraordinarily interesting to trade though.
    3DS: 1289 – 8551 – 6146
    GMT: -5hrs

  16. #29991
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Falkreath, Skyrim
    Posts
    97

    Default

    It has been only a few weeks short of a year since I last posted here. My Shiny Badge Quest is currently stuck. While I have successfully hunted and obtained a shiny Dratini from the Game Corner, I am still hunting for shiny Entei or Raikou, so I can't progress in the game at all since the next gym leader doesn't leave the Burned Tower until the Beasts do. My plan is to hunt until one of them shines, KO the other one, beat the gym, then catch the shiny one. Since I will KO the second one, it'll reset when I beat the Elite 4 and Lance. I don't think I will hunt it immediately after, but I might. It'll depend how I'm feeling. This hunt is very draining. I've watched nearly every YouTube video about this particular hunt to keep me going lol

    I also decided that I will only hunt these two until the end of my summer vacation. A hunt lasting a year is a bit too long a hunt for me personally. I've given it my best and will continue to until either I get a shiny or time runs out, but after that, those two hunts will have to wait for another time.

  17. #29992
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    407

    Default

    It's been a long time since I played through the beginning of Sun/Moon. When can you start SOS hunts? After the first trial? Starting with shiny Rowlet gets me through my first trial before I need to catch another shiny and I'm hoping I can SOS before the second trial. I'd like to avoid full odds RE'ing for a hunt or two if I can help it after how long the SR'ing took for Rowlet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    And after 3,107 SRs, I have out-stubborned the cowardly water bug!

    Wimpod is female, serious nature and capable of taking hits, with Wimp Out. I named her Skitter.
    Congrats

    Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    It has been only a few weeks short of a year since I last posted here. My Shiny Badge Quest is currently stuck. While I have successfully hunted and obtained a shiny Dratini from the Game Corner, I am still hunting for shiny Entei or Raikou, so I can't progress in the game at all since the next gym leader doesn't leave the Burned Tower until the Beasts do. My plan is to hunt until one of them shines, KO the other one, beat the gym, then catch the shiny one. Since I will KO the second one, it'll reset when I beat the Elite 4 and Lance. I don't think I will hunt it immediately after, but I might. It'll depend how I'm feeling. This hunt is very draining. I've watched nearly every YouTube video about this particular hunt to keep me going lol

    I also decided that I will only hunt these two until the end of my summer vacation. A hunt lasting a year is a bit too long a hunt for me personally. I've given it my best and will continue to until either I get a shiny or time runs out, but after that, those two hunts will have to wait for another time.
    I wish you luck!

    Adventure started 11/18/16
    First Hall of Fame entry 11/27/16
    Alola Pokédex: 301/301 - completed 12/13/16
    Alola Living Pokédex completed 12/22/16

  18. #29993
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    It's been a long time since I played through the beginning of Sun/Moon. When can you start SOS hunts? After the first trial? Starting with shiny Rowlet gets me through my first trial before I need to catch another shiny and I'm hoping I can SOS before the second trial. I'd like to avoid full odds RE'ing for a hunt or two if I can help it after how long the SR'ing took for Rowlet.


    Congrats


    I wish you luck!
    Technically you can start SOSing right away, if you get a pokemon down to low health, but you can't buy adrenaline orbs for quite a while. I've heard having a pokemon with Intimidate in the lead has the same effect, though.

    I've beaten the grand trial on the second island and am going through the endless cutscenes before moving on to the third. Then I'll figure out what I want to hunt next.


    Regigigas fan

    My Shiny Legendaries!


    3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232




  19. #29994
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Necropolis
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Congrats to everyone on their new shinies

    I decided not to bother with hunting in Moon anymore. Hatching eggs is just too tedious in that game as there isn't anywhere efficient to hatch eggs that won't damage my joystick after too much use, so no more Salazzle hunt. Instead I decided that the next shiny I wanted to hunt for was Mienfoo. I already have one with a Rash nature in X from the Friend Safari but I wanted one with a good nature that I could possibly use for the Battle Tree, so I decided to go back to that same Safari in X and hunt for another one. After catching about 20 Synchronise Munna (using a Trace Gardevoir) trying to get an Adamant Synchroniser I began my hunt in a Safari with Mienfoo, Riolu and Pancham. I would have been happy with Pancham as well as I don't have one but as I already have 2 shiny Riolu and a shiny Lucario I didn't really want one of them.

    I didn't bother keeping track of encounters but after about an hour or so out popped shiny Riolu no3. Caught him in the first Quick Ball I threw. Synch failed and he has a Relaxed nature and has Steadfast for his ability. Not bothered as it wasn't what I was after but it appeared a lot quicker than I thought and it's still a nice shiny to have. Also better that Synch failed on a shiny I already have than on the one I want.

    I resumed hunting for Mienfoo today and after less than an hour one appeared. Caught it in the third Dive Ball IIRC. Synch worked this time and she's Adamant with Inner Focus. Her potential is above average and her IVs are pretty bad at 31/31/5/21/1/31 (according to the calculator on the main site) but at least she has max IVs in the 2 stats I wanted. I'm not sure if I want to level her to 100 for Hyper Training because Mienfoo has poor defences and I doubt it can take a hit anyway. I'll try running damage calcs to see if it's worth doing. Not going to evolve her regardless as I want Mienshao to be legitimately available in a Dream Ball before I hunt one of those. Hope GameFreak bring them back one day.

    Not sure what I'll hunt for next but I'm quite enjoying Safari hunting. I might go back into that Safari and try for Pancham so I have everything.

    Good luck to everyone in their hunts
    Last edited by Requiem Aeternam; Yesterday at 7:56 PM.

Page 1200 of 1200 FirstFirst ... 20011001150119011961197119811991200

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •