Page 1205 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 20511051155119512011202120312041205
Results 30,101 to 30,115 of 30115

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Of the starter Pokemon, which do you think has the best shiny...besides black Charizard, that's too obvious
    Hm, probably either fennekin (color wise, I hate the evos) or...cyndaquil. Which is actually who I'm SRing for on HG right now.

Previous Successes

Message me for FC exchange!

Of the starter Pokemon, which do you think has the best shiny...besides black Charizard, that's too obvious
    Per Generation:
    I: Squirtle
    II: Typhlosion
    III: Mudkip
    IV: Turtwig (although, I'm not too impressed by any of their shinies)
    V: Probably Serperior purely on coloring scheme
    VI: Greninja
    VII: Decidueye
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    3DS Name: Elliott

Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

I finally hatched that shiny Mareanie on Moon version this afternoon hee hee. It took thousands of eggs, but I'm glad that I now have something to show for all my efforts, tho this hunt has taught me that I prefer chain fishing over the Masuda method when it comes to shiny hunting. Any ways, I'm going to have a hiatus from shiny hunting in Moon for the time being and I'll simply focus on my other shiny hunts for now.

Phase 2 of my Salandit hunt turned out to be a catastrophe. Once Sylveon hit level 36, he was ignoring me or going to sleep 6-7 times out of 10. Then Salandit eventually started to only get allies every other time it tried to call and it started calling less often. The chain got so tedious. Then I accidentally broke the chain by attacking while there was only one Salandit on the field and Sylveon chose that moment to actually obey. 161 non-shiny Salandit died in vain. The one good thing that came out of this chain was my Mudbray evolving into Mudsdale afterward. I bred a new Eevee using a Ditto from Sun, and worked on getting it to evolve into another Sylveon with Cute Charm. After sending it to Sun for some TMs, vitamins and some leveling, I have started phase 3 and it is going smoothly so far. I almost reached 100 again before work. Good luck on your hunts!

If Charizard is excluded, then definitely Greninja or Decidueye, with honorable mentions to Sceptile, Turtwig, Serperior, and Chesnaught. Those grass pokemon all just look awesome except for Venusaur and Meganium.
    Last edited by Team Volt Grunt; 21st June 2017 at 8:40 PM.

Adventure started 11/18/16
    First Hall of Fame entry 11/27/16
    Alola Pokédex: 301/301 - completed 12/13/16
    Alola Living Pokédex completed 12/22/16
    Current hunt:

After all this time, it finally happened.

I was only training some Pokémon for a second living Pokedex (one to keep in generation VI games for shiny charms), so I was not expecting this.
    I was training a Pancham to evolve, but I did not want to go through the league just for one level, especially with two slots in my team for it (it, and a dark type). So, I went to victory road to get that one level.
    But... what should appear on my very first encounter? My first random shiny (that I can remember, at least) in generation VI and beyond.

A shiny Medicham.
    I just caught it with a few ultra balls, and now I am wondering what to do with it. I have one I evolved from a shiny Meditite from the Friend Safari, but I plan on keeping this one as well.

In other news, I am still SR'ing for a shiny Type: Null on my Sun version. I want to join this shiny Type: Null club that is going around lol. And I like SR'ing shinies, and this seemed like a good one.

Congratulations to everyone else!

EDIT!

OMG. I finally got a shiny Type: Null! I am in the club now! WOO.
    Synchronize worked also. It is Adamant. Time to go check its IVs.
    Ok, it has 31 IVs in Attack, Defense, and Special Attack. I will take it. I can always give it bottle caps if I decide to train it.
    But still, woo. So glad to be done with this after all this time.
    Last edited by oarfish; 22nd June 2017 at 10:55 PM.
    Just obtained a New 3DS: New Friend Code: 2423-5573-9673
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

National Pokedex complete - Gen V / XY / ORAS / SM
    Shiny Count: 250+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Congrats on all of the recent shinies since my last post!

I was watching The Lord Of The Rings last night while hatching Burmy eggs in hopes of finally getting a male shiny Burmy. I originally started hunting for a shiny male Burmy back in Diamond version and ended up hatching two females (the last one wa sback in 2011!), then gen 5 came out so I put the hunt on hold, then gen 6 came out and pokeballs could be passed down and I saw that Mothim would be better with it's hidden ability, realized that I didn't have a HA female Burmy in a Quick Ball and now in gen 7, I was able to finally breed down both the ball and HA. So I set up the shiny male Burmy hunt in Moon and after I decided that I was going to do a trial/Alola quest in Moon (Not sure if I should now with UltraSun and UltraMoon on the way) and I sent my Burmy and Ditto over to Sun and continued the hunt there. When I was almost done with the movie, this hatched....

Unfortunately it's male but fortunately this means I have all of Wormadam's forms shiny so yay. More pictures: OT/ID, Summary and Video. I'm either going to continue until I get a male one or start on Alolan Vulpix. Good luck to everyone on their hunts, especially the stubborn targets!
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4253-3307
    PMD sprites and icon sprites edited by me and XY Shiny mega Ampharos animation is from PLDHnet

4,100 SRs for the storyline exeggutor. Stubborn tree is stubborn. Hopefully it shines soon so I can make more progress toward finishing the game and being able to participate in the next global mission

I don't see any difference from regular Burmy
    The body on the shiny is a paler silvery-blue color. A bit hard to spot but there
    Last edited by Cyberra; 22nd June 2017 at 10:23 AM.

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos_Spark View Post
    Congrats on all of the recent shinies since my last post!

I was watching The Lord Of The Rings last night while hatching Burmy eggs in hopes of finally getting a male shiny Burmy. I originally started hunting for a shiny male Burmy back in Diamond version and ended up hatching two females (the last one wa sback in 2011!), then gen 5 came out so I put the hunt on hold, then gen 6 came out and pokeballs could be passed down and I saw that Mothim would be better with it's hidden ability, realized that I didn't have a HA female Burmy in a Quick Ball and now in gen 7, I was able to finally breed down both the ball and HA. So I set up the shiny male Burmy hunt in Moon and after I decided that I was going to do a trial/Alola quest in Moon (Not sure if I should now with UltraSun and UltraMoon on the way) and I sent my Burmy and Ditto over to Sun and continued the hunt there. When I was almost done with the movie, this hatched....

Unfortunately it's male but fortunately this means I have all of Wormadam's forms shiny so yay. More pictures: OT/ID, Summary and Video. I'm either going to continue until I get a male one or start on Alolan Vulpix. Good luck to everyone on their hunts, especially the stubborn targets!
    I don't see any difference from regular Burmy
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

This hunt has been the most aggravating hunt of my life. Not as tedious as the SR's or MM's, but very nerve wracking. I'm currently on my 5th SOS chain. The first got me the shiny male that I did not want, but actually left me motivated because it was relatively quick. The 2nd and 3rd chains ended because I wasn't paying attention and attacked the sole Salandit on the field, the 2nd being the super annoying chain with the disobedient Sylveon that made it to 161 called; the 3rd chain didn't last quite as long. The 4th chain ended because my count was off and Salandit struggled to death. My current chain is up to 220 calls! only 35 more until the chain resets! If it resets, I'm just going to SR my game and try a different strategy.

Good luck on your hunts and congrats on the recent shinies!

Adventure started 11/18/16
    First Hall of Fame entry 11/27/16
    Alola Pokédex: 301/301 - completed 12/13/16
    Alola Living Pokédex completed 12/22/16
    Current hunt:

Shiny storyline exeggutor after 5,072 SRs. She's female, rash natured and strong-willed, with Frisk. I named her Arecaceae, which is the Latin name for the family of trees that includes the palm trees.

On with the main story now

Regigigas fan

My Shiny Legendaries!

3DS FC: 2595 - 1763 - 0232

Congrats on everyone last shinies!

I started to hunt more on older games this week and after 1435 REs on Eterna Forest in Platinum, I got this guy!

I have not hunted on this game since last year and I got one really quick!
    I started hunting on Safari Zone in 3rd gen to see how it does feel the adrenaline!

Good luck on everyones hunt!

Congrats to all those who got some new shines, and good luck to the hunters! Now that I know this guy's legit, guess I should post it. Got this bad boy from a GTS trade, offering up a breed-ject Treecko. Decent Impish Nature, and good moveset, I guess. Still over the moon though - loved this Pokémon since Explorers of Time
    P_20170624_230643.jpg
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

Congrats on the new shinies.

Shiny Oricorio finally hatched after like 300-400s eggs (I lost count again).
    5IV too bad minus SpAtk, female 4 EM & in Love ball.

ShinyDancer.jpg

I have some spare 5IV -Atk Oricorio if anyone's interested. Just VM/PM me

Good luck w/ your other hunts. I'm going for Shiny Pyukumuku next.
    FC: 0748-6074-2990

Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round
    Like a Ferris wheel that's breaking down
    Scream, screaming, screaming bloody murder,
    ...wow yeah

Congrats on all the recent shinies!

Definitely the Treecko line, they're some of my absolute favorite shinies of all time. The Rowlet, Snivy, and Fennekin lines are great as well.

Note to self, I shouldn't make comments in this thread about potentially finding a shiny I don't want, since it always seems to happen lol. After 5528 encounters in Eterna Forest, my Platinum BQ #2 hunt ended with a shiny Bidoof. I was really hoping to avoid this considering all the other great targets in this area (and making matters worse, it appeared next to a Buneary, which was my number one target), but oh well... a shiny is a shiny I guess. I named him Derp xD He has a Gentle nature with the Simple ability. He's now a Bibarel and is actually holding his own in battle a lot better than I thought he would. Maybe he'll be the unexpected MVP of my team!

I've started on BQ #3, which is the Eevee that Bebe gives you in Hearthome City. This is the 4th Eevee I've hunted for, and I'm hoping the shiny ends up with a decent nature for Leafeon, as it's the evolution I want most (I already have Espeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon). I'm currently at 200 SRs. Unfortunately, my other hunts are not being very kind to me right now. Giant Chasm and Slowpoke Well have become my second and fourth longest hunts, at 16,300 and 11,300 REs respectively. I'm also at 5300 REs on Route 3 in Y, 2700 REs at Wela Volcano Park in Sun, and 800 REs at Dragonspiral Tower.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 11300 REs | White 2 BQ #8 - Giant Chasm - 16300 REs | Platinum BQ #3 - Eevee - 200 SRs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 800 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 - 5300 REs | Sun Trial Quest #4 - Wela Volcano Park - 2700 REs

Latest shiny:

Platinum BQ #2 - 5528 REs - 6/18/17

There's so many wars we've fought, and so many things we're not
    But with what we have, I promise you that we're marchin' on

Congrats to all of the recent shinies! I like seeing some gen 4 hunts mixed in here!

I'm just advertising the International Shiny Hunter Competition one more time to see if anyone else is interested in participating. I've already managed to get a couple of people, so it would be great if two or three more people would like to the team! If you are interested, the deadline is June 30th, so let me know before then! If you need more info, check out the website at ishc.skyrock.com

Good luck on all of your hunts, everyone!
    Latest Shiny: (Sun, 22k+ SRs, 6/7/17)

Current Targets: (LG, 4482 Bought), (Ruby, ??? SRs) (FR, 0 SRs), (SS, 325 SRs, On hold), Froakie (X, 30 SRs), (White 2, ??? SRs), (HG, ??? SRs), (Plat, ??? Fossils, on hold), (Plat, 0 REs) (Crystal, 10 SRs), (Colosseum, 20 SRs), Crabrawler (Sun, 300 RAs)

Lost Shinies: (All lost on 7/12/12)

Page 1205 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 20511051155119512011202120312041205