Page 103 of 888 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 22183

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I have a feeling my Secret hunt and main hunts are gonna take a long time...

I decided I may do some REs for Castelia Sewers sometime. Nearing 60 eggs for ???. When I hit 60 I'll do 30-90 for Chingling. I'm turning colorblind thanks to this hunt XD.

Saaatoshi!

Hello guys, and like I said here Is a video of my reaction, dumb as it is, of the encounter with the shiny deerling.

http://youtu.be/mad-Zn_FD5k

I guess I was tired -_-

Just to clarify it is the second deerling that is shiny.
    The names Jonny, and I hunt shinies. That's about all you need to know xD

Hunting: Yanma - MM - 150 Eggs, Route 32- Soul Silver (BQ#2) - 16500 REs, Route 8 - FR/LG - 15100 REs (2nd Leg)

Congrats on the shiny deerling

Still trying to hatch a shiny happiny, no luck yet and I decide to try the badge quest challenge.Who I get lucky with my hunt.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

I'm updated. I imported some Pokemon from my other games onto my black. PM me if you want something.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Many congrats guys, deerling and rufflet are the 2 that come to mind.

Just reached 5,400 encounters now on this hunt and I've just noticed I've picked up Pokerus. Nice to see that I've still got a bit of luck going on even though it wasnt a shiny. Ah well onwards and upwards!

Since my SS Badge Quest is ticking me off right now, I decided to put it on hold until I get the Shiny Charm in my White 2 Version.

Hope everyone has some happy hunting!

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

OMG guys!! I've been dieing to post but I haven't been able to get to a computer until now! First off, gratz on all the shinies lately especially Buneary, Rhydon and Rufflet!

So is everyone ready to have their minds blown? If not, get ready! On Saturday, the 19th. I had the most amazing luck ever.. After only 1321 encounters I reel in the exact shiny I wanted for my secret fishing hunt!!

Secret fishing shiny revealed!

Yess! I was so surprised this came so quickly and its my first fishing shiny! But it doesn't stop there... About an hour later shiny Shroomish hatches after 372 eggs!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps32953c1e.jpg

It got poison heal as its ability which is still great but I wanted its dream world ability so I continued to hatch for shiny dream world Shroom. After Finneon I decided to magnet pull for Mawile and you're not gonna believe this but after only 312 encounters it shone!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0ecd8017.jpg

3 shinies in 1 day... but the crazy thing is, it doesn't end there because after 147 EGGS A SECOND SHINY SHROOMISH HATCHES AND WITH ITS DREAM WORLD ABILITY!!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5eae40e2.jpg <-- Poison heal Shroomish
    http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0efed9d6.jpg <--- Dream world Quick Feet Shroomish!!

4 SHINIES IN 1 DAY!! How is this even possible!?! This is the luckiest I've ever been since.. last January when I got 16 shinies in that 1 month! January must be my lucky month or something.. lol. Now I'm MMing for one of my favorite shinies, Miltank and I'm magnet pulling for shiny Bronzong in Abundant Shrine on white. But good luck to everyone and hopefully some of my crazy luck wears off onto you all!
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

First of all, congrats on FOUR SHINIES City of Delusion! That's insane! And to think I'm currently excited about 1!

Anyways, yes, after 10,525 RE at Village Bridge, over 5000 with the Shiny Charm, I finally got a shiny! And the scary part was I was just and I mean JUST about to hit run, and I was just able to stop myself because I noticed it's beak was pink. Yes, I got the shiny I want least but dayum, I don't care! Shiny female Golduck is mine!
    Note to anyone ever hunting anywhere with Golducks, the difference may be clear on a computer, but not so much in game. I remember putting it to sleep and Super Fanging it and all the while thinking "I honestly don't know if it's shiny but I'm not risking it...". A quick check of my Pokédex says it is!

Anyways, picture will be edited in a bit later because I just got done catching it and forgot to get an in-battle picture but she's Modest natured, her ability is Cloud Nine and I caught her in a Heal Ball because the colours match perfectly! (Plus I had 40 and I never use them). I named her Coral, due to her pretty pink beak, and I've been hoping that if I did find a Golduck I'd get a female just so I could use that name from day one!

Coral is also my 10th shiny! Tiny tiny number compared to some collections I've seen online but at least I made it to some sort of cool milestone!

Anyways, that's all of my good news, guess now I'll set White 2 aside for a while and focus on Snivy and Route 202. Good luck to everyone else!
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 22nd January 2013 at 4:53 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Decided to dig out FireRed again for nostalgia purposes (It's amazing how I feel nostalgic over a nostalgic remake), and I naturally found a shiny Pidgey. For the past 9 years I have never found a random wild Shiny, and I just so happened to find a shiny Pidgey now.

Congrats on the shinies - especially City - WOW. Wow wow wow.

I had work today, so I didn't get as many SRs done as I wanted. 200 though, bringing me to a grand total of...400! As for tomorrow...I'm hanging out with a friend, so it's another mystery. Hopefully Wednesday can be a good day to SR.

I hope this doesn't go past the odds.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore!; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 4,600 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 3,000 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#13) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 1,100 HBs
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

The Litwick hunt is at 115 eggs. No shiny yet but I'm not expecting one.

My next hunt will be one of the following Postgame Badge Quest places -

Badge 1. Flocessy Ranch
    Badge 2. Virbank Complex
    Badge 3. Castelia Park
    Badge 4. Lostlorn Forest
    Badge 5. ???
    Badge 6. Route 7
    Badge 7. Village Bridge
    Badge 8. Giant Chasm

Any votes?

In my 15+ year Pokemon playing career, spanning back to Red/Blue in the '90s and the introduction of shinies in G/S, luck hasn't been on my side. I had seen 1 shiny in the wild (not counting events or freebie ones like Red Gyarados), a Graveler in Diamond which of course decided to Self Destruct itself at its first opportunity.

Today, training my Black 2 team for the E4 in Victory Road the Pokemon Gods granted me a second chance at a shiny in 15 years, but this time I wasn't going to let it get away from me.

http://i.imgur.com/spJzjpo.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/JyXv8SD.jpg

And I didn't, with 2 quick Signal Beams, a Lv47 Relaxed Green coloured Female Tranquill was caught in an Ultra Ball.

It might not be the best Pokemon or have the best IVs (2/26/15/26/4/5) but for the first time ever I'm able to say I caught a real shiny. This might not seem like a big event to others in this thread, but to me it'll have a place in my heart forever.
    Last edited by Tenilius; 22nd January 2013 at 9:42 AM.

Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

@Mime Senior: That's wonderful! I remember my first Shiny - a Poochyena in Emerald. Now a Mightyena, it will forever hold a special place in my heart as the first Shiny I ever caught. It inspired me to hunt for more Shinies, and now I have 24 and am going for a 25th. Mightyena may not be that good in the Battle Subway, but its sentimental value is unsurpassed.

Everyone including Mime Senior: My Shiny card is up in my signature! Please take a look!

EDIT: Major congrats to City of Delusion for the amazing Shiny run! Good luck to everyone as usual!
    Last edited by HootingLilligant; 22nd January 2013 at 11:48 AM.
    The rainbow has immeasurably beautiful symbolism for me.
    To me, the rainbow means:

Love everyone
    Accept everyone
    Respect everyone
    Understand everyone
    And, be kind and gentle as much as you can.

"A strong will can affect all aspects of mind, body and spirit." -Lily, Azelf-in-training

My Current Shiny Hunts:
        Spoiler:- Current Shiny Hunts, Shiny Card & 3DS Friend Code:

I keep on turning the power off without saving on my hunt. *sigh*

Planning on maybe REing Castelia Sewers sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    It took me a hour to hatch 20 eggs, and then my game suddently froze.
    I know that feel...
    Last edited by supersmew; 22nd January 2013 at 1:05 PM.

Saaatoshi!

I'm really annoyed with the Lapras Hunt. It took me a hour to hatch 20 eggs, and then my game suddently froze. So now I have to start again with hatchign 100 eggs of Lapras. And at the first 15 eggs all of the darn lapras were female. >.> FML.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

450 Horsea eggs down, nothing shining yet. I guess I should expect it really after last time, but as long as it doesn't go over the odds I'll be alright.

Congrats to all recent shinies, especially City of Delusion; I'm pretty sure everyone wishes that would happen to them! =P
    Most recent shiny:

Sylveon!
    (MM! ~1800 eggs...)

Next Target...

(Dream Ball Eevee & Vullaby, MM)
        Spoiler:- Y Shiny Card:

@CityOfDelusion - Whoa! 4 shinies in one day has got to be some sort of a record! That is amazing luck right there! Once I got 3 in 4 days but nothing near as great as that. Kudos.

@MimeSenior - massive congrats on getting your shiny Tranquil. There's nothing like getting a completely unexpected shiny!

I've done 350 RE's so far today and I'm about to crack on with some more. Got my fingers crossed something appears today!
    Best of luck everyone!

Finally got the shiny charm on my black 2, I'm now back hunting. 20,000 encounters, about 50 with the charm, I'm triple hunting so hopefully my luck changes soon

I'm putting all my hunts on hold and slowly catching pokémon to trade to my black 2. I'm gonna make a living shiny dex, for when Pokémon X & Y comes out. I will transfer them all to do like a 84% completion of the dex. or so.

One thing I actually want to know is, is it possible to transfer from the DSi to a 3DS? I don't own a 3DS. Otherwise I have to buy 2 of them.

and another question, if I trade the MM Eggs with no shiny pokémon in them to my black 2, will I have a new chance to find a shiny in those eggs?

Congrats to everyone who got a new shiny, especially MimeSenior for the first caught shiny, and Delusion for the four shinies in a day, that's awesome

Now.....

One thing I actually want to know is, is it possible to transfer from the DSi to a 3DS? I don't own a 3DS. Otherwise I have to buy 2 of them.

and another question, if I trade the MM Eggs with no shiny pokémon in them to my black 2, will I have a new chance to find a shiny in those eggs?

1. Should be possible, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

2. Yes. It's basically the same trick people use to obtain Shiny Manaphy, and it is also the reason why a Dragon Year Event Egg traded to another game won't hatch into a shiny even though the event is supposed to give you a shiny egg.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Congrats to everyone who got a new shiny, especially MimeSenior for the first caught shiny, and Delusion for the four shinies in a day, that's awesome

Now.....

1. Should be possible, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

2. Yes. It's basically the same trick people use to obtain Shiny Manaphy, and it is also the reason why a Dragon Year Event Egg traded to another game won't hatch into a shiny even though the event is supposed to give you a shiny egg.
    Awesome, I might just MM some eggs in white 2, if all of the eggs will fail I just trade them to my black 2. :3 I'll continue my Charmander hunt then. + I should make something to progress my hunts on xD

Will the eggs still have the masuda method odds?
    Last edited by Dylz; 22nd January 2013 at 4:30 PM.

I'm not sure about the odds, the only thing I know is that any shiny lock is removed (this allows the Manaphy Egg to hatch into a Shiny Manaphy), and the thing that determine their shiny-ness is recalculated using the new trainer's data (hence why the Dragon Year Egg hatches into a normal Pokemon instead of a shiny, as the new trainer's data is different than the trainer who downloaded the egg)

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I'm nearing the 3,000 mark (and by that I mean 2814) on my magnemite hunt~
    Congrats on everyone's shinies!
    And Good Luck on everyone's hunts!
    Last edited by ChipperDipper; 22nd January 2013 at 6:20 PM.

Awesome, I might just MM some eggs in white 2, if all of the eggs will fail I just trade them to my black 2. :3 I'll continue my Charmander hunt then. + I should make something to progress my hunts on xD

No, they won't.

Congratulations on all recent shinies, especially City! Still going on the community hunt with 812 eggs for Azurill so far. Things have been pretty busy this month, so I haven't been hunting much. To be honest I thought it would shine by now, but oh well. I may not get a shiny in January this year, but we'll just have to wait and see... Good luck to everyone hunting!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Page 103 of 888 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast