Page 104 of 948 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 23679

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

I'm so very jealous right now.O-O
    Congratz on all the new shinies specially City's.O-O
    When will my shiny drought end? XD
    Anyways,I'm @ 1055 HRs for Volcarona.
    Good luck mina! ^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Wow, congrats on the shinies everyone.

Update on my Rufflet hunt - almost at 300 eggs hatched, got a few more Rufflet with good IVs in Attack and Speed but still no shiny yet. *Keeps trying*

EDIT: 326 hatched, no shiny yet. Beginning to get very tedious, but I'm keeping at it. Stopping for the night though, will continue when I get home tomorrow afternoon, in between doing homework/coursework. Just hope a shiny hatches soon.
    Last edited by yoshi007; 23rd January 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

600 Lotad eggs hatched now with the shiny charm! Would be nice if it came in the next 300.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014
    7. Taillow- Dec 24th 2014
    8. Buneary- Dec 26th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Hunting in SS for a Cyndaquil... but not through Sr, through MM! I hated SR! Blech!
    Haven't posted on this thread in a while; congrats to shiny finds that I missed! XD

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Sweet, I knew they were going to repeat the Keldo event eventually!
    Working on my hunt, hope it gets the ability I want,
    Congratulations on those who completed their hunts!

Wow, so much luck going around lately! An unexpected Pidgey and Tranquil, and City's 4 shinies in one day!

But now, even more luck(?)! So, I decided to start a fishing hunt yesterday on Route 1 for a female Feebas, and I brought a male Cute Charm pokemon to help. After some time, and only 102 RE's in fishing spots, my third shiny within these past seven days appeared! Cute Charm worked, but that's where my luck ended. Despite the overall 70% encounter rate for Feebas and Milotic in fishing spots, a shiny Basculin decided to appear:
    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps98296c11.jpg

Brave nature, and luckily Rock Head to stop it from KO'ing itself with Double Edge recoil. It was also only level 40, so it couldn't suicide with Final Gambit. At the least, I'm utterly shocked by a third shiny within seven days! If I get one more today, I'll totally freak out. Still, I'm quite bummed by the fact that it had to be Basculin, against the odds, but since I'm using Black 2, at least it's the blue-striped form, my favorite of the two.

Meanwhile, I have 1700 RE's in Route 213, still hoping for Wingull the most. Now a question: should I still keep trying for a female Feebas, despite how tedious it gets to hunt in fishing spots? I know Basculin is only a 30% encounter, but I'd rather not risk a duplicate. Or should I just go MM and hope the 50/50 gender ratio is in my favor without help from Cute Charm, with maybe a few egg moves?
    Last edited by Psynergy; 23rd January 2013 at 12:52 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wow, so much luck going around lately! An unexpected Pidgey and Tranquil, and City's 4 shinies in one day!
    *cough* And an unnoticed shiny Golduck X3
    Jokes aside!

Now a question: should I still keep trying for a female Feebas, despite how tedious it gets to hunt in fishing spots? I know Basculin is only a 30% encounter, but I'd rather not risk a duplicate. Or should I just go MM and hope the 50/50 gender ratio is in my favor without help from Cute Charm, with maybe a few egg moves?
    I personally say MM it, to avoid the duplicate, though at only 30% chance of Basculin maybe you could try fishing for it again if you really want a female. It depends how much the gender really matters to you, but all in all I say MM :)

Whilst I'm here, small update! Snivy is still going extremely slow but it's at least going! 396 SR's now, going to PUSH to get 500 by the time I go bed but it's already 12:03am so I better hurry!
    As for Platinum, I haven't touched it yet today. I actually have a question for those willing to answer! I'm hoping mostly for a Shinx for my first badge shiny, but I don't really have anything on the first few routes except Bidoof who I can't avoid at this point of the game anyways... So here's the question. Shall I RE at Route 203 and risk finding a shiny Abra, who 1. Has a shiny form that doesn't look very noticeable (though I haven't seen it in game) and 2. Could Teleport away so I'll probably have to use my only Master Ball
    OR, shall I stay at Route 202 and have a slightly lower chance at finding Shinx at Day/Night, plus a higher chance of finding Bidoof, and also no Abra or Zubat (2 shinies I want), but I won't accidently run from a shiny Abra or have one Teleport away in case I mess up with the Master Ball?
    Last edited by Lunafloon; 23rd January 2013 at 1:16 AM.
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    *cough* And an unnoticed shiny Golduck X3
    Jokes aside!
    Aw, and I read that too. That's why I shouldn't try checking threads late at night.

I personally say MM it, to avoid the duplicate, though at only 30% chance of Basculin maybe you could try fishing for it again if you really want a female. It depends how much the gender really matters to you, but all in all I say MM
    Well, when you mention how much I care for the gender...I'd much rather have a male Feebas than even 1 shiny Basculin. I think I'll go for MM, though whether or not I start now or do a different RE to simplify dual hunting, I haven't decided yet. Probably going for another RE.

Whilst I'm here, small update! Snivy is still going extremely slow but it's at least going! 396 SR's now, going to PUSH to get 500 by the time I go bed but it's already 12:03am so I better hurry!
    As for Platinum, I haven't touched it yet today. I actually have a question for those willing to answer! I'm hoping mostly for a Shinx for my first badge shiny, but I don't really have anything on the first few routes except Bidoof who I can't avoid at this point of the game anyways... So here's the question. Shall I RE at Route 203 and risk finding a shiny Abra, who 1. Has a shiny form that doesn't look very noticeable (though I haven't seen it in game) and 2. Could Teleport away so I'll probably have to use my only Master Ball
    OR, shall I stay at Route 202 and have a slightly lower chance at finding Shinx at Day/Night, plus a higher chance of finding Bidoof, and also no Abra or Zubat (2 shinies I want), but I won't accidently run from a shiny Abra or have one Teleport away in case I mess up with the Master Ball?
    To answer your question, I'm not a fan of taking risks, but I know Aqua managed to succeed there without a shiny Abra interference. If you want Shinx in Route 202, try to trade over a Static pokemon to increase its encounter rate. Though if you really want to minimze an encounter with Bidoof, I also understand, since it makes it tough to choose later routes without risking a duplicate. In that case, when you RE, keep the volume up, so you can at least hear the sparkles. If I recall correctly, though, Arena Trap may also be able to stop Teleport too, so you could save the Master Ball if you can use that. Not quite sure on that one, though.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 23rd January 2013 at 1:41 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

My first shiny was something in the victory road of firered, might have been a machoke or geodude, not sure, and I thought it was like a glitch or something. I would have caught it but....maybe I fainted it? Don't really remember.

Anyway my first shiny I caught was a pachirisu in diamond version! It was really cute and purple and all....but that diamond version is long gone. Then I found a shiny marowak in my white version, and caught it...but also eventually lost white version. I know, I stink...lol :P. But yeah at least I found them....and I'm hoping to get a shiny eevee through MM, I'm at 58 hatched now (not a lot compared to usual end result, I know, but still a LOT for me :P)
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 23rd January 2013 at 5:11 AM.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Aw, and I read that too. That's why I shouldn't try checking threads late at night.
    To answer your question, I'm not a fan of taking risks, but I know Aqua managed to succeed there without a shiny Abra interference. If you want Shinx in Route 202, try to trade over a Static pokemon to increase its encounter rate. Though if you really want to minimze an encounter with Bidoof, I also understand, since it makes it tough to choose later routes without risking a duplicate. In that case, when you RE, keep the volume up, so you can at least hear the sparkles. If I recall correctly, though, Arena Trap may also be able to stop Teleport too, so you could save the Master Ball if you can use that. Not quite sure on that one, though.
    It's fine! Late night forum reading does that to me sometimes!
    And gee, thank you! For whatever reason I never even thought about using Arena Trap/Shadow Tag! I already have a Static Flaaffy to use but it never occurred to me that as long as I switch in a Dugtrio or something that I can stop it Teleporting, though I'll still use a Masterball if Struggle becomes a problem. I'll definitely search on Route 203 now! Just gotta take extra care to inspect it carefully whenever I encounter one!
    Good luck on your Badge Quest too btw, your currently searching in the same area as I plan to for your 5th shiny XP
    ~Newest Shiny: Cyndaquil~
    ~Hunting~

{??? SR's}{31,400 RE's}
    ~Shiny List - Click Here~

hey everyone just got my shiny shukle after 949 eggs
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Wow everyone, thanks on all the gratz, really means alot. :] It seems my luck has cooled off for now. I'm at nearly 1200 eggs for Miltank and over 2k encounters at Abundant Shrine, its pretty risky hunting here since I already got 4 shinies in this area but hopefully Bronzong shines! Gratz on Golduck, Basculin, Shuckle and that random Tranquil! and good luck everyone.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Congrats on the Shuckle !jirachi! and good luck with your hunts City (hopefully the 4-shinies-in-a-day luck will come back for you).

Getting up to 350 or 360 eggs hatched on Black 2, no shiny Rufflet yet. Filling up my PC boxes rather quickly though, so will probably start releasing some of the 300+ Rufflet I have stored at the moment. That shouldn't affect my hunt if I start releasing the non-shiny ones, right?
    Latest Shiny (SS):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafloon View Post
    It's fine! Late night forum reading does that to me sometimes!
    And gee, thank you! For whatever reason I never even thought about using Arena Trap/Shadow Tag! I already have a Static Flaaffy to use but it never occurred to me that as long as I switch in a Dugtrio or something that I can stop it Teleporting, though I'll still use a Masterball if Struggle becomes a problem. I'll definitely search on Route 203 now! Just gotta take extra care to inspect it carefully whenever I encounter one!
    Good luck on your Badge Quest too btw, your currently searching in the same area as I plan to for your 5th shiny XP
    Yep, Arena Trap prevents the use of Teleport, according to bulbapedia. And I succeeded in getting a shiny Starly there, so you should be fine.

I am at 3,702 REs in Eterna Forest. I am slowing down due to schoolwork, but I can get to 3,800 by tonight. Good luck and a blanket CONGRATS to all who got a shiny (and don't worry, I noticed the Golduck =P).
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Hello everyone. Congrats to gustavo on rhyhorn and basculin City 4 shinies in one day(epic.) that awesome golduck(points at the psyduck in my sig)and that random tranquil and shuckle

as for an update on my hunts they are both @ 3000 SRs which isnt to bad i guess i hope dratini gets an ok nature since i cant sync it one lol i just have to hope for a good one and i cant wait to see that yellow sunshine instead of purple tasteless balloon after dratini shines ill be happily returning to my W2 BQ
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 23rd January 2013 at 5:54 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Hi guys!!!
    Schools been a pain with work, but im active again! Congratulations to gustavo on all of his shinies, cocoa on his (torterra <3) and city on 4 shinies in ONE day.
    I am hatching the rest of my shellders then im moving onto a secret hunt, which i've been looking for a while.
    Paddy out =D gl
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Shiny hunting for a Zorua (through a Ditto I found on the GTS) with the Masuda Method! First time doing so, I've almost got a box full! Can't wait to get my hands on a purple Zoroark and boast to my friends ehehehehe It shall be a perilous journey but I won't give up! *crosses fingers for a possibility of getting a good IV'd Timid one to send to Pokémon Y*
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Just ran into a shiny Larvitar in the Safari Zone on Heartgold..

It fled! ;-;
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    Just ran into a shiny Larvitar in the Safari Zone on Heartgold..

It fled! ;-;
    Ouch..... Well, at least you found a shiny~

Quote Originally Posted by ChipperDipper View Post
    Ouch..... Well, at least you found a shiny~
    Well, better to have found a shiny and lost than never to have found a shiny at all...

At 82 HRs for Volcarona. Hope it will shine soon, need to get homework done though.

Saaatoshi!

Okay, just reaching 3000 magnemite (just counting the magnemites) encounters... 2998 to be exact, if I get a shiny before the 3000 mark.... I'll kiss a hamster XD
    Last edited by ChipperDipper; 23rd January 2013 at 7:29 PM.

Well, looks like I'm not gonna be kissing any hamsters XD

I noticed the announcement of the B2W2 wifi event, and since I got my W2 a few weeks ago, I had no chance to even think about getting a keldeo, so this is perfect. If only tepig shines for me so I can move on and get the event xD

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

thanks all
    rovert is the keldeo a global link event? and good luck hunting everyone!
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by !jirachi! View Post
    thanks all
    rovert is the keldeo a global link event? and good luck hunting everyone!
    No shiny yet, and nope, just regular old wifi, which is why I'm happy. Got rid of my global link on W2 like a week ago xD

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Page 104 of 948 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast