Page 11 of 722 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New and Improved General Shiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post

A couple questions...

Not that I have any intention of ever catching a shiny latios/latias (plus I already caught my Latios in Black 2), but looking at what someone else posted, do you have to save before you start chasing it and then chase it for each reset?

And for BQs (again, no plans for doing this either!), is it more of an unspoken rule that your first shiny has to be a starter, or is it just a rule that you need a shiny before your first badge and everyone just wants to go for a starter as their first versus one of the (2?) that you can get before the first badge?
    Chase Lati@s around the Dream Yard, save in front of it, and then proceed as if it were a normal SR hunt.

People just like to get the shiny starter because it is an SR hunt, and many of the other hunts they will do in the BQ will be REs.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

It's been 1000+ eggs for Ledyba...

1600-700+ SRs for Rayquaza...

5555+ RE's in White...

No shinies yet D: and I think my game keypad is loose coz of all the fail hunting...nya~

Hi everyone! Sorry for the inactivity...got busy. Anywayz, no shiny yet, i'm going to start SRing on my 2 SS files now. Congratiez on the recent shinies, and GL to everyone on their hunts~!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFishbowl View Post
    Hi guys!

I've been lurking around here for ages and got my account activated today, mainly because I got my first ever shiny.
    After 2172 SR's I finally got my shiny totodile! I was so shocked this morning when I was doing a bit of daily hunting when he showed up. Best of all he's adamant so I'll definitely be EV training him sometime soon :P I haven't decided on a nickname yet, any suggestions?
    Awesome congratiez~*
    Maybe nickname it Gator, Riptide, Jawgrip, Grip, Fangmouth, Toothy, Curvefang, etc.
    If I get another one i'm nicknaming it GATORade (Yes like the drink x3)

{~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~My Shinies~}{~My Credits~}{~My Tumblr~}{~TEG~}
    {~I Claimed Infernape <3~} {~Most recent shiny : ~}

I'm now at 2,3k encounters at Giant Chasm Plains, hope I will get a shiny Metang soon.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/14l7n1l.png[/IMG]

~ | Competitive Breeder | Shiny Hunter | Competitive battler | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

I finished collecting my 300 charmander eggs earlier today, now I'm hatching them all. *crosses fingers for a female to shine*
    WOAH! OMG I'm SRing for Charmander in my LeafGreen! That's so funny.
    @Dylz- Its waiting for u in the grass! no really i think that u will complete this hunt lol.

For the nickname, u might try Poseidon (if tht even fits), Neptune, Mar (Sea in spanish LOL), Marine, Croc, Gator, Awesome (no jk lol), uhmmmm...
    Use google!

AAaaaaannnddddd...
    I have a question. So, ya know like in the beginning of the game where u dont have any pokeballs but u do have a starter so u can encounter pkmn, can u encounter a shiny? because in my LG i mightve encountered a shiny mankey but i wasnt paying attention so i didnt see the stars and also idk if it was green or if it was just discoloration on an old game...
    Thx! Gracias! [DENADA]

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    And for BQs (again, no plans for doing this either!), is it more of an unspoken rule that your first shiny has to be a starter, or is it just a rule that you need a shiny before your first badge and everyone just wants to go for a starter as their first versus one of the (2?) that you can get before the first badge?
    No, you don't have to get a shiny starter as your first badge quest shiny, it's just that people like to. I couldn't be bothered to SR for a shiny starter in my Leaf Green badge quest for example (yet I could be bothered to hunt shiny starters in my Platinum/White 2 BQ - even though the SR take longer than in LG... ^^; )

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    Found my first shiny in B2 after 5660 pkmn encounters in the lostlorn forest, just now!

A male combee. DDDDD:

Docile nature, michevious. Omfg. What I woulndt give for this dumb thing to have been female. Argh. D<
    ... Is it wrong of me to find it oddly appropriate that someone named "Useless" found a shiny male Combee. :P

I'm now at 9262 encounters for my 3rd White 2 badge quest shiny. Please shine soon...

Good luck everybody.
    Last edited by Heliotrope; 18th November 2012 at 1:21 PM.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

No, you don't have to get a shiny starter as your first badge quest shiny, it's just that people like to. I couldn't be bothered to SR for a shiny starter in my Leaf Green badge quest for example (yet I could be bothered to hunt shiny starters in my Platinum/White 2 BQ - even though the SR take longer than in LG... ^^; )
    Ouch...
    That hurtssssss
    Last edited by Chapter of Charizard; 18th November 2012 at 1:19 PM. Reason: Quote

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Once upon a time ago I started a crazy hunt on route 12 for a female Combee. I ended up getting 16 shinies in that route before I finally got it. 5 of those 16 shinies were Rapidash.
    Not to mention all the male combees that were trollin' you.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

I'm want to get back to hunt for shiny charmander

but I'm kind tired because of it

I stopped after 1105 using MM and SC without any result

My Shinies:

3DS FC : 0645-5808-1475
    Pokemon in My Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Manectric

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonAdventures149 View Post
    Well I assume its because a male combee is pretty much useless since you cant evolve it. Its better than not getting a shiny at all, somewhat xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    ... Is it wrong of me to find it oddly appropriate that someone named "Useless" found a shiny male Combee. :P
    Lol, no. I thought it was oddly appropriate that the day that I join serebii forums is the day that I run into my first B2 shiny random encounter, it's only fitting that the pokemon and my UN match. xDDD

The guy above you called it first, lol.
    |Shining Espeon by Useless|

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Damit Ampharos should not look like Fabio. You're a sheep, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I have a question. So, ya know like in the beginning of the game where u dont have any pokeballs but u do have a starter so u can encounter pkmn, can u encounter a shiny? because in my LG i mightve encountered a shiny mankey but i wasnt paying attention so i didnt see the stars and also idk if it was green or if it was just discoloration on an old game...
    Thx! Gracias! [DENADA]
    Yes, the pokemon you encounter before getting pokeballs can be shiny. It sucks when that happens >.<
    Going to Montreal's Otakuthon this summer?
    Get involved! Become a volunteer!
    Volunteers get rewards!

6,000 RE at Chargestone cave now! Please shine soon. I had so much more luck on my white version. Out of all the RE shinies I found on it the longest hunt I had was 3-4 days which was my shiny woobat.
    Current Hunts

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout- Found on June 27, 2013
    2. Shiny Unkown A- Found on July 1st, 2013
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male- Found on July 25 2013
    4. Shiny Spinrak- Found on July 26 2013
    5. Shiny Spearow- Found on July 28th 2013
    6. Shiny Psyduck- Found on July 28th 2013
    7. Shiny Noctowl- Found on Oct 2nd 2013

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    I'm now at 2,3k encounters at Giant Chasm Plains, hope I will get a shiny Metang soon.
    Your first pokemon has Magnet Pull, right? If it doesn't make sure you get something like a Magnezone with Magnet Pull and you'l run into Metangs much more. It helped me a lot with my Metang hunt!
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Well, the irony stands on both cases.

1,975 SRs for Lugia, and a slim chance for it to shine before 2,000. I will hopefully get to 3,000 by the end of next week, or maybe more.

In other shiny news, I EV'd my Klink and evolved it once into Klang for my Black playthrough. I gave it 152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 SAtk.

Also, here's the photos of my Klink and now Klang:

Spoiler:- Klink in Battle:

Spoiler:- Klang:

Current Hunt: Relic Castle - Badge Quest #4

3,903 REs

Lol, no. I thought it was oddly appropriate that the day that I join serebii forums is the day that I run into my first B2 shiny random encounter, it's only fitting that the pokemon and my UN match. xDDD

The guy above you called it first, lol.
    I wouldn't say it's useless. For all we know male Combees might get an evolution next gen.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

Hello everyone! ^_^ I have been absent for a while But I am back and ready to go First off, I adore the new thread, it is going to make the community hunts 10x more organized and such. In my game, I am currently trying to get the Round Charm and a nursery. After that I will be MM'ing. My list of targets is endless. One goal of mine is to MM Relicanth. It takes 10,000+ steps to hatch, so I will use the nursery for all of those eggs, and only be able to do a small number of those a day, but they will add up over time. Others are Vullaby, Minccino, Emolga, the monkey trio, Kecleon, Zorua. (I have a list of like 50 targets though )

So I am going to begin my hunting again ASAP (thank goodness for days off coming up). Congratulations on recent shinies and hoorah for a new thread!
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/1z70vvs.jpg[/IMG]
    First Playthrough: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/jkhqmt.jpg[/IMG]
    Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Briaxen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

You probably should have chosen the username "Useful" :P

Hey guys, congrats dan on that registeel and aqua on that long time coming klink. Good to see droughts ending. My drought though, only extends EVEN further, im now at 700 eggs for shroomish on black. Then when im finished i'll start hatching for my coveted shiny turtwig on w2. @Pocketmontsre- i see what you mean about relicanth, i have several targets with high egg cycles, i even struggled with hatching lucario who is only 26 egg cycles. Gl all
    Shiny pokemon y u no show us ur shiny colours?
    Edit: @ aqua yeah i intend to be around 1,000 eggs by then, its gonna be fun!
    @Dan Mudkips one of my future hunts, and of course torchic to complete the trio.
    My fun fact! Average mm amount 791 eggs! Gl
    Last edited by *PKMN Trainer Paddy*; 18th November 2012 at 4:35 PM.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Well I haven't start the Regigigas hunt yet since I wanted a day or 2 off. Will start tomorrow at some point. Think my next target after this will be shiny Mudkip via MM. Wont be SR'ing for a while after this.

Your Shroomish better appear by the end of next week paddy >=(

2,018 SRs for Lugia now, not expecting it before 2,500. Good luck guys.

I now also know that my next hunt must be either Route 35 or Ho-Oh, so hopefully Lugia comes soon. GLE

Fun fact: My average amount of Encounters/SRs per shiny is now 2,251! And, Klink and Bouffalant took the same amount of REs...
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 18th November 2012 at 4:02 PM.

Current Hunt: Relic Castle - Badge Quest #4

3,903 REs

Finally reached 200 medals, and started hunting in Chargestone Cave. My RE count is now 255 and going, so I've got a nice start today. I decided to not use a Magnet Pull user after all, and I caught myself a wild Watchog from Route 1 to use while hunting. Level 66, and thankfully Illuminate, so I have things a lot easier when a shiny appears. N's pokemon kept surprising me, but now that I caught them, they won't be surprising me anymore. A question about Watchog: what moves should I be teaching it? Mine now know Super Fang, Thunder Wave, Hypnosis(for anything T-Wave can't hit), and Mean Look(lack of better move). Anything I'm missing?
    Black 2 FC: 3654 9501 9964 // AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Spinda!

Current Hunts:

Up to 6,800 encounters... This looks like it could go over the odds...
    Current Hunt

ONE OF YOU THREE PLEASE SHINE!!!

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

I think Nintendo could release Genesect's shiny form as an event. They could label it "Zombie" Genesect or "Battle Damaged" Genesect - the red colour could be rust, his grey eyes are shot out and the twinkling could be billed as sparks flying.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll decide later on. Congrats on all the new shinies too!
    Currently hunting at Reversal Mountain, hoping to find shiny vibrava or camerupt, I've paused my litwick MM hunt with 500+ eggs

I thought about it... I am going start shiny hunting again. I recognize very few of you, and almost none of you will remember me.

Most recent shiny: God, it was when I had no idea where Rock Smash was, so I looked for it in the old location. Wandering through the grass, a double battle with a Toxicroak and Watchog. I was not paying attention, and when I looked at the screen a minute later, I realized the Toxicroak looked a little weird. I could not tell if it was shiny or not, but thought I might as well attempt a capture. I failed, and later checked my Toxicroak entry in the pokedex. I had not seen a normal Toxicroak, only a shiny one. Kind of threw my 3DS a little. Restarted after transfering all pokemon to White 1. That was about a month ago, and I have yet to pick up my DS. Going to try and go through, and with the rules of the thread, probably won't be back for quite a bit. See ya.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Page 11 of 722 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast